PDA

View Full Version : Trying to re-find a particular gay serviced apt. in BKK

January 15th, 2011, 04:07
This is driving me mad, so any help would be appreciated.

I'll be visiting BKK again for a few weeks in Apr-May this year. While researching places to stay
a few weeks ago I came across somewhere that seemed really suitable, but despite searching through
my browser history and extensive re-googling I can't seem to find it again. So if this rings a bell with anyone, would love it if you could let me know!

It was a gay business, can't remember if bar or restaurant that had a couple of large studio apartments it
also rented. I'm fairly sure it had a basic website, as I seem to remember a calendar showing when it was booked/free.

There were some pics, and one of the apartments seemed to have a lot of white tiles, the other seemed more wooden floor and furniture.

Sanctuary House is my number 2 choice and in about the same price range from what i remember (about THB 6000 per week) but these seemed a fair bit bigger.

Thanks if anyone can help,

Ben

krobbie
January 15th, 2011, 04:11
Ben, Can you tell us what area of BKK the apartments were in? Silom, Sathorn, Riverside etc?

I am sure we will get to the bottom of it. I like a challenge.

Choc dee,
Krobbie

January 15th, 2011, 09:07
Vincent's and the 7 rooms?
http://www.vincentsbangkok.com/

Dboy
January 15th, 2011, 09:24
Vincent's and the 7 rooms? http://www.vincentsbangkok.com/

HEH. Even if you didn't guess right this could prove to be a very useful thread! Keep the links coming. Vincents looks really nice.

http://www.omyimgroup.com

Dboy

January 15th, 2011, 19:22
Thanks for the replies guys

>>I am sure we will get to the bottom of it. I like a challenge.

LOL, Yeah, it's getting to be like that for me, I must have spent over an hour yesterday trying to refind.

It's not Vincents or Omnigroup. This place only had the 2 apartments and the main business was something else, it was a gay establishment of some type - bar, club, restaurant, massage place - i can't remember, just vaguely that the name might have started with O.

Krobbie - can't remember the area, though as it was a gay business, I'm going to guess it was somewhere like Silom.

What's annoying me as well is that I came across the link in a website listing BKK gay venues. But i've gone back to all the obvious ones like Utopia, Dreadneds & a few others and can't seem to find!

krobbie
January 17th, 2011, 07:30
I'm still looking also. This is trickier than first thought.

If you're going to get a serviced apartment does it matter if it is gay owned or not?

Just a thought although I haven't anything to put forward anyhow. Will keep looking though.

This is a good exercise as I am in the market also although my preferred area is South Sathorn near Saphan Thaksin.

Cheers
krobbie

x in pattaya
January 17th, 2011, 08:55
Probably not the place you were looking for, but the Tarntawan Apartments on Surawong, run by Tarntawan Hotel looks nice, is in the "right" area and is quite cheap (or "inexpensive," if you prefer)

http://www.tarntawanapartments.com/rates.html

January 17th, 2011, 14:47
Thanks again, for the replies. Well there are tonnes of serviced apartments to pick from, maybe I'll just have to give up on the elusive ones I mentioned.

300 people have read this thread & no one seems to know.

That Taranawana place looks nice, i'm going to give them a mail, not that I have to be exactly right next door to all the bars, but hey ....

Ben

Beachlover
January 17th, 2011, 18:01
Shit, this place is pretty cheap... One Bedroom Grand Apartment (46 m2) THB 19,000/month.

January 17th, 2011, 18:30
Shit, this place is pretty cheap... One Bedroom Grand Apartment (46 m2) THB 19,000/month.

By the looks of it that rate is for a one year let so a short term let would need to be negotiated. Compared with hotel rates in that area it would still be a good save.

Beachlover
January 17th, 2011, 19:38
Bugger... I just saw that point above the quoted rates too:

Apartments are available for rent on a standard one year contract. For shorter term rentals, please contact us for rates.