View Full Version : Tour Guide BKK

January 10th, 2011, 05:52
Hello - I will be visiting Bangkok for a few days in April this year for the first time. Because of my limited time there I thought it might be a good idea to get a private tour guide for a couple of days to make the most of my time in Bangkok. I found a particular tour guide website through the main Utopia site (http://bkk-tours.com) and was wondering if anyone had used their services before as I can't seem to find any reviews on the web or searching through various forums.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to offer.

dorayme
January 10th, 2011, 06:44
I like oat747@yahoo.com Oat speaks English and has been a guide for more than 10 years.

krobbie
January 10th, 2011, 08:51
Chipdale,
you're on the money. A guide really is the best idea for a first time visitor to BKK. I did the same and never regretted it, after I found a decent one.

It is just getting to know the BTS sytem, where the best shopping is (MBK usually) and being taken to the main tourist attractions.
No matter how many places your guide takes you to there are myriad things to do in BKK. Still after 3 years I find new (to me) museums and galleries etc to scope out.

You won't have to deal with such heavy crowds in March but still get great weather.

I see you already have a recommendation so there you go.

Have a ball.

Smiles
January 10th, 2011, 09:46
Chipdale: please check your PM 'Inbox'.

billy2bs
January 10th, 2011, 10:20
If it is the same Mr Oat that I know he is excellent. He wont fail you. A fun guy to have around to show you where and when and whatever else too. Good luck.

January 11th, 2011, 06:36
Many thanks for those of you who have taken the time to provide me with some information and contact details for alternative BKK tour guide services.
However, I have already been in email contact with bkk-tours.com about my itinerary and to do "wishlist" and have provisionally booked dates with them already for my April trip. My reason for posting my original question on this forum was because I couldn't find any idependent reviews about bkk-tours.com online (tripadvisor and various other forums, etc.) so was just hoping to find someone else who had used their services for some feedback (good or otherwise).

Thanks once again for your help so far. If things don't work out for me with bkk-tours.com I will certainly get in touch with one of your suggestions.

pong
January 11th, 2011, 17:23
as you mention april, but no date, i suggest you should strongly look at the dates and see it is Not in the songkran=14/4=Thai new Year, aka as the water-throwing festival week. Plus that the whole month is about the worst of the worst re wheather: the hottest, humid, but not yet relieved by the wishful rains then.
As tourism is down to the lowest figures, many barboys also go on holiday.