PDA

View Full Version : Thai Artist Neung Passed Away

January 9th, 2011, 19:13
Regretably, the news I heard a couple days ago but wasn't sure is that well liked, popular Thai artist Neung, the proprietor of the gallery on Silom Soi 4 called "Art at Play", has passed away. He had recently gone to the hospital for heart problems. I had seen him a number of times over the past year. He often looked very fatigued, I feared the worst, and am a litlle relieved, at least that his obvious suffering is over. He was always on Soi 4 at his desk often trying to sell his paintings on his Pc on the internet. My one painting of his gets rave reviews. He will be sorely missed here in Bangkok.

http://www.telephonepub.com/wp-content/ ... notice.jpg (http://www.telephonepub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/urgent/nueng-death-notice.jpg)

January 9th, 2011, 19:19
Yes I had heard that a few days ago as well. Some of his paintings were outstanding, he was very talented and only about 38 too.

Beachlover
January 9th, 2011, 21:18
Way way too young... RIP.

January 10th, 2011, 11:59
I was very sad to hear this news.
I new Neung for some 15 years and I have a portrait that he painted of me hanging in my bedroom. I saw him more resently last September, if you or anyone else reading this could give me anymore information I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely and with saddness :-(

January 14th, 2011, 21:15
I'm so shocked and upset about this. I knew this guy very well and for many years. A very quiet and nice guy and very well respected by other gays. I remember the first time I saw him, he must have been in his early 20s, very fit and muscular, always at the gym, although these past couple of years, I don't think he "gymmed", but still kept his "physique". I was on about age to him recently and he said he was 37, so shows you how long ago "recent" was. He was always attracted to the "daddy sort of leather" guy, and very popular with them. Neung was and is a great guy, he's still with us, just in another place.

January 27th, 2011, 06:05
I am very saddened by this as well. I know Neung from my many travels to Bkk and would always stop in at his stuio to say hello. He was warm and friendly and always working hard to produce and sell his art. It is so sad he did not recieve the treatment/pacemaker he needed in time.

January 27th, 2011, 20:00
Where can i see his work when i am in thailand. i might wnt to get some.

January 27th, 2011, 20:06
Any web site? How old was he when he died?

February 1st, 2011, 21:25
You have probably noticed already already Cedric (hopefully), but there is a link at the top of this thread which tells you about Neung.

February 2nd, 2011, 09:30
You have probably noticed already already Cedric (hopefully), but there is a link at the top of this thread which tells you about Neung.

Thanks yes WD but there is no indication where his works are or exhibited. Im very keen to take a look. Not because he is dead of course but because I always lives in hope of finding a good Thai artist to collect.

February 2nd, 2011, 21:43
Ahh I see Cedric, have you not tried his art gallery, next to Telephone Bar. I suspect that will be it. I don't think he would have any other galleries. I suspect though that will be closed now and waiting for his artwork to be taken away by his family or whoever . He also has friends around Telephone bar, there is another muscular guy that runs a bar (or did do) next to his art gallery, who was his friend, I bet he would know a bit more, failing that people that run bars around that area also.