PDA

View Full Version : Two Guys Guesthouse - Pattaya

louis50
January 4th, 2011, 15:41
I stayed one night at Two Guys guesthouse recently and I'd recommend it for a short stay if you're on a smaller budget. The manager was friendly and helpful when I made the booking and even offered me a small discount on the room price which was nice.
The room was large and had everything I needed (air con, hot water, TV) and most importantly, it was clean. It's fairly basic and the furnishings are old but this is reflected in the price. The location is good if you're planning on spending time in Sunee Plaza.

Two negatives: Firstly, the guys at reception speak pretty limited English so communication wasn't very easy (my Thai language abilities are zero)and secondly, my room was at the front facing onto the street and it was extremely noisy late at night. The noise was coming from a Middle Eastern cafe next door - lots of singing and dancing in the street. Quite difficult to sleep.

If you're staying here I'd recommend asking for a room at the back.

Before Christmas I stayed a couple of nights at le Cafe Royale - the price was more than double the rate at Two Guys - of course the room and facilities were better but I wouldn't really say it was more than twice as nice.

kittyboy
January 4th, 2011, 16:07
I stayed one night at Two Guys guesthouse recently and I'd recommend it for a short stay if you're on a smaller budget. The manager was friendly and helpful when I made the booking and even offered me a small discount on the room price which was nice.
The room was large and had everything I needed (air con, hot water, TV) and most importantly, it was clean. It's fairly basic and the furnishings are old but this is reflected in the price. The location is good if you're planning on spending time in Sunee Plaza.

Two negatives: Firstly, the guys at reception speak pretty limited English so communication wasn't very easy (my Thai language abilities are zero)and secondly, my room was at the front facing onto the street and it was extremely noisy late at night. The noise was coming from a Middle Eastern cafe next door - lots of singing and dancing in the street. Quite difficult to sleep.

If you're staying here I'd recommend asking for a room at the back.

Before Christmas I stayed a couple of nights at le Cafe Royale - the price was more than double the rate at Two Guys - of course the room and facilities were better but I wouldn't really say it was more than twice as nice.

I have stayed at TwoGuys off and on over the years. It is your basic guest house in my opinion the attraction of Twoguys is the owner John. He nice guy and is very helpful and creates a nice relaxing environment.

Dodger
January 4th, 2011, 16:28
I've never stayed at Two Guys, although visit there every day during my holidays. They serve a great breakfast, John the owner couldn't be friendlier or more outgoing. The two boys who work there Geng and Ech (sp?) and just wonderful. Just the right combination in my opinion.

If I were looking for a reasonably priced guesthouse (or hotel) to lodge in Pattaya I wouldn't look any farther. Two Guys simply is the best.

Dani69
January 6th, 2011, 05:48
Never stayed there , walked past many times on my way to Happy Boys ,and it always looked empty, but I cant comment on the rooms etc.
But so many Arab establishments opening up close to it ,and as other posters say making a lot of noise, can only do it a lot of harm.

netrix
January 9th, 2011, 15:49
I've never stayed at Two Guys ... Two Guys simply is the best.

wait, what?