PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Beach vs Dontang Beach

thrillbill
January 4th, 2011, 15:38
Ok, it is obvious the reason for going to Dontang Beach is that it is a "gay venue" where one can meet other gays and enjoy the view; however, I have discovered some other reasons. Since I live in North Pattaya, going to Jomtine Beach for a couple hours can be a hassle so at times, I'll just rent a beach chair and umbrella along the Pattaya Beach area. Even if you were "straight" you would prefer Dontang Beach. Why? 1)Dontang Beach chair sections are more organized and uncluttered 2) no garbage along the shore line like in Pattaya central area 3) you can rent the white lounge chairs, not only the upright wooden ones 4)more quiet - no screaming kids or people yelling 4) (very obvious) the chair "waiters" are definately more friendly and efficient 5) the Dontang beach has more space with cleaner (yes, cleaner) sand 6) no jet skis, speed boats zooming in and out of the area 7) food menu is better to choose from The one DISADVANTAGE Dontang beach has over Pattaya beach is that it seems to have more vendors... one every 15 seconds; whereas Pattaya Beach has one every 1 minute (must have to do with the wealth of the customers) So I think of the advantages and it makes my trip more worth while to get to Jomtinen despite the time, traffic, and road construction. :8(

Beachlover
January 4th, 2011, 17:48
My first trip to Pattaya I stayed in South Pattaya and went for a run each morning on Pattaya beach and it was sh*t. The depth of the beach/sand area is small and sloping so you don't get a level surface to run on and it's not particularly nice. It's also pretty filthy in the morning while they're still cleaning and setting up so always worried about stepping in crap.

Next trip I stayed in Jomtien and the beach was much nicer. Plenty of open space running along the beach, cleaner and much nicer looking. I imagine sitting in a deck chair on Jomtien Beach is much nicer than Pattaya Beach.