PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya -Panorama Bar

thrillbill
January 4th, 2011, 08:19
I had friends visiting me so took them to Panorama Bar in Boyztown three different nights to have a drink and people watch after dinner. Each night when it was time to get the "check bin" the waiters (some in regular clothing that I think work for free there, but are really commercial boys) were too occupied to notice one needing another drink or the "check-bin". I remember this happening before when I have gone there. I feel these Panorama waiters need to be trained by Telephone Bar or Balcony in Bangkok. Yes, I know this is "peak" season but this can happen in the summer also.

January 4th, 2011, 17:51
And who at Panorama did you complain to?

thrillbill
January 4th, 2011, 21:34
And who at Panorama did you complain to?
Last night I complained to the Thai fellow collecting the money. I don't have a photograph for you. :notworthy:

January 4th, 2011, 22:23
Whilst not doubting for one moment what Thrillbill says, I would like to say that I have always experienced excellent service at both Panorama and Funny Boys.

Both these establishments seem very well-run, both exceptionally clean, and Panorama with it's happy hour or whatever is excellent value.

I'm extremely surprised it happened 3 nights in a row.

:hello1:

witchhunt
January 5th, 2011, 05:29
Both Panorama and the Serene are very popular and I have never had a complaint. I did not know about the happy hour.
What is the happy hour timings and what is the charge for beer during that time. In fact all drinks.

How do these prices compare to Sunee?

January 5th, 2011, 06:36
Each night when it was time to get the "check bin" the waiters (some in regular clothing that I think work for free there, but are really commercial boys) were too occupied to notice one needing another drink or the "check-bin". Never particularly noticed this in Panorama myself, but then again a couple of minutes waiting to get served or bill checked doesn't particularly bother me, but it is part of these guys work to be occupied with customers flirting and sitting with them trying to generate drinks for themselves and bar sales, and if a customer does buy a drink for the waiter he is expected to sit with him or be 'occupied'. Is that what you mean by 'too occupied'?

frequentflier
January 5th, 2011, 13:30
I have visited Panorama many times and never had any problems there.Its by far the best bar in Boyztown and the staff seem to be handpicked for their manners and courtesy.Same for Funnyboys..Looking forward to my return in a few weeks from now.

Daniel-old
January 5th, 2011, 14:52
I did not know about the happy hour. What is the happy hour timings and what is the charge for beer during that time.

Panorama Pub publishes its drinks menu, including happy hours prices, online.

http://www.panoramapub.com/panorama_drinks_menu.htm

January 5th, 2011, 15:10
I feel these Panorama waiters need to be trained by Telephone Bar or Balcony in Bangkok.

Both Panorama and Funny Boys are EXCELLENT bars and the staff very attentive personell.
I find it "interesting" that I have never heard one complaint about them AND more importantly you think they need to be trained by only these two bars in Bangkok. What is your connection dear. :idea:

Jetsam
January 5th, 2011, 21:51
My experience is that since Cocobanana bar became Panorama bar it went downhill, rude , uninterested staff
but of course there is always Sunee Plaza for a good time :headbang:

quiet1
January 6th, 2011, 00:29
I can straddle the fence a bit here. I am very pleased to be left alone when I'm at Panorama. After they get no responses from their initial flirting, the staff there let me sit quietly to drink and watch the world go by. That said, they do a VERY good job of ignoring me to the extent that it's sometimes hard to get their attention for another drink or clear the check bin.

My ideal would be for them to not to harass me with constant flirting, but to pay attention to my drink. When the glass is empty, they should feel free to ask if I want another. However, I know that this is Thailand -- not the West -- where you can sit for hours and hours in a restaurant after you've finished eating and not be asked to leave. So, I do understand their not soliciting more drinks even though I let it be known I'm not their to date the staff.

thrillbill
January 6th, 2011, 09:08
I feel these Panorama waiters need to be trained by Telephone Bar or Balcony in Bangkok.

Both Panorama and Funny Boys are EXCELLENT bars and the staff very attentive personell.
I find it "interesting" that I have never heard one complaint about them AND more importantly you think they need to be trained by only these two bars in Bangkok. What is your connection dear. :idea:
???? Seems like some people do not go beyond Pattaya to know any difference in service. Don't get me wrong, the Panorama "waiters" are polite, friendly and are attentive when the customer first enters the bar. I think the difference with the set up on soi 4 in BKK is that the waiters there are all part of the paid staff. True, the waiters at Balcony or Telephone bar can choose to go out with a customer after working hours. But at a bar such as Panorama, a large percent are really commercial boys looking for a guy to go out with-- so of course he isn't really part of the "paid staff". He just gets the drinks for the bar. I seldom go to the gay venues in Pattaya ( I prefer to go to BKK-though I live/work in Pattaya) so maybe the expectations are different.

witchhunt
January 6th, 2011, 12:25
I am sure that the waiters at lacage are freelance similar to Balcony and Telephone Bar. They are always very attentive as are those at Bondi.I have never had a problem at Panorama but realise now I tend to drink at Serene more now when in Boyztown.

I have seen nothing about the new Sunee bar All of Me which has Lacage and Bondi staff. Might tip the scales back to Sunee for me next trip, a new bar with good service. A novelty.

January 6th, 2011, 16:13
I am not sure as I have no first hand knowlege, however, you should consider that they MAY have the same policy as my bar. They are instructed to leave the customers alone. While I understand that the sale of drinks is important, customers are fed up with the push push push of drinks, the oh please buy me a drink, and finally, tip for me????

We tell our waiters that if a customers waves at them, then they may approach them, otherwise, leave them alone. We also tell them that if they or a boy asks "tip for me" they get one warning and then they are fired. In my 10 or 12 or whatever years here, these things irritate a customer over and over and over. The customers are fed up.

Thai Dyed
January 6th, 2011, 17:13
In my 10 or 12 or whatever years here, these things irritate a customer over and over and over. The customers are fed up.

TskтАУtsk! Just what do your hypersensitive patrons of a boy whore house expect? Where can they go and find a boy 50+ years their junior to diddle with for р╕┐1000 a throw? Do they seriously expect the formalities one associates more with a Catholic convent? Please tell me that these pompous asses aren't that out of touch with reality!

January 7th, 2011, 01:59
I tend to drink at Serene more now when in Boyztown.

I spent most of my last trip with a guy from Serene. I prefer it over Panorama because it is less busy...certainly no issues with service there.

Please tell me that these pompous asses aren't that out of touch with reality!

You're not very bright. Bars make money by finding drinkers (even drunks) that'll come back again and again. You get them to come back by making sure that they are comfortable, which implies not annoying them.

January 7th, 2011, 05:35
TskтАУtsk! Just what do your hypersensitive patrons of a boy whore house expect? Where can they go and find a boy 50+ years their junior to diddle with for р╕┐1000 a throw? Do they seriously expect the formalities one associates more with a Catholic convent? Please tell me that these pompous asses aren't that out of touch with reality![/quote]

Hi,

Yes SOME are out of touch,many with a champagne mouth and a lemonade pocket! :alc:

They want five star service and supermarket prices.

Pattaya life,It is what it is,I always found Panorana great and the Thai managers speak and understand English very well.A quick word doesn't go amiss in certain situations like being kept waiting for a beer!

We are not talking Rocket Science here.

pennyboy
January 7th, 2011, 18:58
If Witchunt thinks lacage is the only bar in Sunnee with good service he ought to get out more. I frequent many of the bars in Sunnee and have found service to be good. Offhand they are Corner Bar, Come In, yaya. Oud's, Upto u, Sunnee Bar, Wan's. I can't believe I am less demanding than other customers but I cannot recall having service worth complaining about in any of the bars. I don't go to Boyztown much but service in Panorama was fine on my few visits.

January 7th, 2011, 20:32
... Offhand they are Corner Bar, ...
Yes, I find some of them very 'Offhand' at the Corner Bar - especially the fat, bald, know-all customer who won't have anything said against the place on his own board.

January 8th, 2011, 06:40
Yes, I find some of them very 'Offhand' at the Corner Bar - especially the fat, bald, know-all customer who won't have anything said against the place on his own board.

Great - fat, bald and know-all narrows it down to 5842.

:occasion9:

Thai Dyed
January 8th, 2011, 10:50

And if you knew how to finish reading a sentence, you should realize exactly who Shortbread is talking about.

January 8th, 2011, 21:55
[quote="scottish-guy":sernhmjd]

And if you knew how to finish reading a sentence, you should realize exactly who Shortbread is talking about.[/quote:sernhmjd]

I did - but that spoiled the joke.

You DO know what a joke is don't you..............

.......................no, I didn't think so.

You really are one misery-guts poster - I've never once seen you make or even attempt to make an amusing post or to see the bright side of anything.

Try glueing a feather on to the business-end of your dildo dear, I can think of nothing else that might make you break into a titter.

January 8th, 2011, 23:23
But aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

January 9th, 2011, 00:56
But aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Quite understandably, if you're one of the 5842 you won't find it funny at all.

January 9th, 2011, 02:15
I'm not and I still don't.

January 9th, 2011, 07:22
I'm not and I still don't.

Well maybe you have little or no sense of humour?

It's entirely possible - look at Thai Dyed as an example - a miserable soul if ever there was one.

If you believe this not to be the case, and feel adamant that you have a witty and incisive sense of humour instead, perhaps you could point readers to a hilariously funny post you have made?

I await the link with great anticipation - In fact I have put on an elastic corset to prevent my sides splitting - just in case.

Don't let us down, will you?

:occasion9: :occasion9:

giggsy
January 9th, 2011, 07:59
Nothing to do with Thailand or gay (except Peter Reed was the thai national football manager) but I found this Scottish wind up rather amusing but it could be just my sick sense of humour....

[youtube:38d47r75]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_C0axennQw[/youtube:38d47r75]

January 9th, 2011, 10:34
"Well maybe you have little or no sense of humour? "

Or it was so incredibly lame and obvious as to be completely unfunny.

Beachlover
January 9th, 2011, 22:07
Gaybutton? Oh yes. He's an extremely self-aware and impartial individual who is both respectable and happily "married" to the Thai boy of his dreams.

[quote="Once In Awhile":3fm0rj1a]But aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Quite understandably, if you're one of the 5842 you won't find it funny at all.[/quote:3fm0rj1a]
Scottish... "Once in a while" is a grumpy old f*ckstick along the same lines as Smiles. He won't find anything but his own lame jokes funny.

January 9th, 2011, 23:18
Not true at all - I think you're a joke and laugh at you all the time.