PDA

View Full Version : Orchid guest house

January 4th, 2011, 00:41
Has any one stayed , or know of any one who has stayed at the Orchid guest house in jomtiem ? If so can we have a up todate report?

January 4th, 2011, 06:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-0u6aQz1E

The above is a utube link which gives you an video view of Orchid House - I have never stayed there, but heard reports that it is reasonably priced and "ok", ran by westerner. You can only try.

anakot
January 4th, 2011, 16:26
Has any one stayed , or know of any one who has stayed at the Orchid guest house in jomtiem ? If so can we have a up todate report?

The YouTube video is a good intro. The guys in the pics sold the Guesthouse to an Australian guy as far as I know. It is run day to day by Nui who is a hard working little guy. Does the whole operation himself. There are 4 rooms, 3 upstairs, 1 v. large downstairs. All rooms have cable with heaps of channels, nice little bathrooms, tea, comfy double beds, nice aspects. Some great balconies front and back. The whole operation is very low key. You can come and go as you please. When you get to the Hanuman Statue turn left and go up the road passed Papa Davids (RHS) away from the Statue. It is one door down in the 3rd soi on right. Free internet. Laundry cheap as chips. Great little pool at the front.

Very quiet if thats what you like. It is a 10 minute walk to the chairs on Dongtan Beach

Jump on a baht bus to go to the hotspots.

I know it won't suit everyone but its a great spot if you are wanting something quiet and friendly.
[attachment=0:wdbqk5yp]mur_orcGH.jpg[/attachment:wdbqk5yp]