PDA

View Full Version : tipping massage guys in BKK

January 3rd, 2011, 13:33
I haven't been to Bangkok for some time. What's the expected tip above the minimum tip if you are happy with the service, say after a bj?

Akin

January 3rd, 2011, 18:21
You will find it in pricelist - usually it mentioned in like "minimal tips for masseur 1000 baht" or something like that...

also you can check it at parlor's website... for example at web of "UrbanMale" you can find "In addition to the above fees, we recommend a minimum tip of 1000 THB for your masseur."

January 3rd, 2011, 19:09
Most place, the minimum tip is 1,000 Bahts in additional to the service. But if the boy did a good job, I would be tipping him more. Nowaday, I just look for a massuer on a well know online site, much more pleasant when they come to your room instead of going to them.

January 3rd, 2011, 19:40
I haven't been to Bangkok for some time. What's the expected tip above the minimum tip if you are happy with the service, say after a bj?

It depends on what kind of massage parlour and which part of Bangkok.

If in the central areas and in a Type 3 or Type 4 massage parlour, i.e. where the customer is routinely given a choice of masseurs and the boys work in underwear (Type 3) or nude (Type 4), the minimum for handjob and some oral (if he is agreeable, but cannot be insisted upon) is 1,000. Maximum for very good service is probably 1300. I don't know what the expected tip will be for penetration because I rarely go that far.

If in the central areas and in a Type 1 or Type 2 massage parlour, i.e. where the masseur is ordinarily assigned by rotation and the boys work with clothes on, the usual expected tip for handjob is around 500. Perhaps oral will also be included. I have no idea about the expectations in the event of penetration for lack of personal experience in these Type 1 and 2 settings.

Out in the boondocks, e.g. Onnut, may be 20 - 25 percent less.

January 4th, 2011, 07:24
Thank you for the great tips. PanameraS, you mentioned well-known outcall websites. Could you give me some web addresses? So far I did not had much luck with outcall services in Bangkok.

Is there any good website listing good massage places and outcall services?

Akin

pong
January 4th, 2011, 17:48
1. In those ''boondocks'' or suburban BKK the most frequently seen ''min tip'' is 500 bt/soft sex and 1000 bt/hard (or small/big in thai speach). What exactly is hard is a bit vague-like so many things in Thai, but it is more as just a hard one under there. It usually is seen to meant penetration. This is the amount directly given to your serviceboy- you also pay the shop a set amount, which is always clearly posted/mentioned-with an enormous range between low and high. You do not need to tip extra on that fee-if you do, 10-20 bt is enough. Expect minimal or no English to be spoken there in boondockia-but as this remains Thaild- anything may happen and surprises are always possible.
2.sites: mr. macaroni himself (and just use his link) is the best known with his excellent blog: shamelessmack.blogspot.
For just lists-and no reviews (unless you can read Thai in the fora on some): tmmsociety.net, thaimassageboy (basically a joint advertising site), gaymassagegay, dragoncastle.net, or the former thailandscene. In BKK-big city there must be at least 60+. But shops close/open/change at an alarming rate-as does about any other bisnis too in Thaild.

January 4th, 2011, 19:02
1. In those ''boondocks'' or suburban BKK the most frequently seen ''min tip'' is 500 bt/soft sex and 1000 bt/hard (or small/big in thai speach).

Are you referring to Type 1 and 2 massage parlours or Type 3 and 4 parlours? And when I say "boondocks" I don't only mean suburban, I mean far enough not to see any tourists except occasionally. Is that what you mean too?

2.sites: mr. macaroni himself (and just use his link) is the best known with his excellent blog: shamelessmack.blogspot.

Thanks for spreading the word, but please there are many things I have yet to discover myself. By the way it is shamelessmack.wordpress.com

Beachlover
January 5th, 2011, 19:15
Mack, just don't get "outed" like this restaurant reviewer: http://eater.com/archives/2010/12/22/la ... ateurs.php (http://eater.com/archives/2010/12/22/la-times-critic-s-irene-virbila-outed-by-angry-restaurateurs.php)