PDA

View Full Version : Sending money to a thai bank account

Impulse
January 3rd, 2011, 13:07
I'm going to be sending money from the U'S., to my Thai Military Bank in Pattaya.
I know to get the conversion done in Thailand for the better rate.I'm also stating that it is for the purpose of buying a condo.So I believe I will have to fill out the tor-tor or whatever it's called when I get there,at the bank.
I probably won't buy a condo,just want the option to be able to in the future.Last time I filled it out,I really did purchase a condo from view taley and had all the proper paperwork,from view taley.
Will the bank want to know exactly what I plan to buy in order to get the tor tor,or is it just a formality? I'm afraid if I just wire it into my account,it will be difficult to ever re-patriate it back to the U.S.A.

Up2U
January 4th, 2011, 03:36
I have done recently what you are now contemplating doing. I have also sold a condo and repatriated funds. I also use TMB. The money you wire should be tagged explicitly for a condo purchase and must be in USD. TMB will give you either a letter, tor tor sam or FET to take to the Land Office once you provide your condo sales contract. Good Luck!

Impulse
January 4th, 2011, 06:27
TMB will give you either a letter, tor tor sam or FET to take to the Land Office once you provide your condo sales contract. Thanks up2u
Ok,thats what I was wondering,if you needed a sales contract.What if you just make a deposite,how hard is it to take that money out later?

Up2U
January 4th, 2011, 10:43
I would ask TMB about this. TMB must satisfy the Bank of Thailand regarding the source of the money. any taxes due and if they have been paid. Also, go to the Thaivisa Real Estate forum and see if this question has been asked and answered there.