PDA

View Full Version : O..Ho...Restaurant

Surfcrest
April 28th, 2006, 10:56
While browsing through some of the Bangkok guides, I stumbled upon O..Ho..Restaurant located just around the corner from the Malaysia Hotel. If you try and find the restaurant using these guides you will realize soon enough that it isn't exactly where they say it is. If you know the Malaysia Hotel and the 7-11 across the street, O..Ho...Restaurant is just a few doors away.

I was impressed upon arrival at thew warm welcome and comfortable ambiance of the restaurant. The owner / manager sat downstairs at the bar, dining with his sister. There were a few other couples downstairs, which was where I chose to sit. The table and chairs were very comfortable, warm music playing in the background, cold refillable (free) water served throughout and a cool refreshment towel.

The menu appeared pretty extensive, written both in English and Thai. As always I chose the Thai food and I found the prices to be very reasonble. The restaurant is listed as gay owned and operated and whether they were gay or not, I found the staff to be quite attractive and most importantly great at their job.

The Thai food was quite good. Judging by the other patrons downstairs, who appeared to be regular repeat customers the Western food was good too. The owner / manager runs a good business and if you are in this neighbourhood, looking for a nice affordable place to dine, this it it. I think O..Ho...Restaurant would be a great place to bring a date for a romantic dinner. I'll definitely be back.

Surfcrest

April 28th, 2006, 11:14
Were they serving Kraft dinner?

April 29th, 2006, 04:58
I concur with Surfcrest. This was my favorite new restaurant on my last visit. The BF and I went several times. He knows some of the waiters. The Food, service, dining area, and even the cute restroom... all top notch. One of the better Gay restaurants in Bangkok.

Surfcrest
April 29th, 2006, 06:46
I went back to O..Ho...Restaurant again last night.

I'm quite smitten with one of the young waiters, thinking it may be a matual attraction (or at least hoping).

I sat and chatted with the owner, a man who is happy that business is doing so well.
Last night they had the Bangkok chapter of the Long Yang Club taking over the upstairs part of the restaurant.

I ordered a whole different selection from the menue and was pleasantly surprised with the best Tom Yun Goong that I have had to date. The night before the food was pretty good, but last night it was nothing short of amazing.

No Kraft dinner on the menu that I saw. I beleive they save the cheese for when the cheese is in town. When can I tell them you'll be by BG, so they can stock up?

Surfcrest

TrongpaiExpat
April 29th, 2006, 08:49
I'm quite smitten with one of the young waiters, thinking it may be a matual attraction (or at least hoping).

One of the young waiters is the owner's boyfriend.

I agree, this place is great. Both Thai and Western are equally good.

The owner is a very nice guy. He is Dutch and I find it surprising that he does Western food so good as in my numerous trips to that wonderful country, I have never had a decent meal.

April 29th, 2006, 20:43
Would one feel "out of place" if dining alone at this place?

April 29th, 2006, 20:47
Would one feel "out of place" if dining alone at this place?You care about such things?

April 30th, 2006, 09:07
It is certainly a place where one can dine alone without feeling uncomfortable.

Solo diners can be seen here routinely.

Surfcrest
April 30th, 2006, 10:49
I dined alone both times. With several small tables and so much to see, I didn't really need the free newspaper the owner provided.

I'm not sure which of the boys is with the owner, but I doubt it was this boy.
Unless his boyfriend doesn't mind him flirting so openly and inquiring about future get togethers.

Quite a freindly staff though, including the young girl.

Surfcrest