PDA

View Full Version : Gyms in Pattaya

anakot
December 31st, 2010, 05:57
Can anybody recommend a gym in Pattaya/Jomtien area? I know there is one at Sansuk Sauna. Anywhere else?

francois
December 31st, 2010, 06:59
I can recommend California Wow on Second Rd. Centrally located in Pattaya.

ftj_taw
December 31st, 2010, 11:53

Sorry to change the subject, but did you draw your own avatar? I just love its minimalist style.

psd1315
December 31st, 2010, 12:19
Tony's Gym : 340/6 Pattaya 3 rd Road Central Pattaya Chonburi.20150 Was there last year..... its a bit pricey, and there were a number repulsive looking Russiand grunting and groaning... with there fat/gf's commandeering the swimming pool area. But still gave it a 5 rating.

thrillbill
December 31st, 2010, 20:16
I wouldn't call the limited free weights and the universal machine at Sansuk a "gym". If you are here just on hoiday, Tony's is probably the best deal - and it has a huge pool, sauna, steam room, and a couple buildings to workout at. (go across the street to avoid the grunters). I belong to CA WOW but have no idea what a short term membership there would be..but it is cramped, no steam or sauna room, or towel to use. After sunset, the place is cramped. There is a run down gym in the Day Night area and one in Jomtien, but cannot give you the street location. The A-1 hotel on North Beach Rd has a decent gym. I think it is 200 baht a day to go there.

francois
December 31st, 2010, 21:41

Sorry to change the subject, but did you draw your own avatar? I just love its minimalist style.

The avatar is a google image; I don't smoke, cigarettes.

If someone wants a pool, go to Tony; for a gym go to CalWow if you can tolerate the loud music.

anakot
January 1st, 2011, 07:52

Thanx Francois

Tony's Gym : 340/6 Pattaya 3 rd Road Central Pattaya Chonburi.20150 Was there last year..... its a bit pricey, and there were a number repulsive looking Russiand grunting and groaning... with there fat/gf's commandeering the swimming pool area. But still gave it a 5 rating.

Fat folk don't bother me in the slightest... 555 Sounds like its worth a visit.

I wouldn't call the limited free weights and the universal machine at Sansuk a "gym"...

Fair comment... Can barely remember it as when I have been at Sansuk have been otherwise engaged...

Tony's is probably the best deal - and it has a huge pool, sauna, steam room, and a couple buildings to workout at. (go across the street to avoid the grunters). I belong to CA WOW but have no idea what a short term membership there would be..but it is cramped, no steam or sauna room, or towel to use. After sunset, the place is cramped. There is a run down gym in the Day Night area and one in Jomtien, but cannot give you the street location. The A-1 hotel on North Beach Rd has a decent gym. I think it is 200 baht a day to go there.

Would be interested to know where the one in Jomiten is. Will have to do a reccy when I am there.

Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciated.

Up2U
January 2nd, 2011, 01:56

Supposedly Tony's has opened a gym in JomTien near the Hanuman statue but can not confirm.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/367 ... try3855323 (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/367609-tonys-gym-jomtien/page__p__3855323__hl__tony%26%2339%3B+gym__fromsea rch__1#entry3855323)

anakot
January 2nd, 2011, 06:39

Supposedly Tony's has opened a gym in JomTien near the Hanuman statue but can not confirm.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/367 ... try3855323 (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/367609-tonys-gym-jomtien/page__p__3855323__hl__tony%26%2339%3B+gym__fromsea rch__1#entry3855323)

Many thanks.

The Thai Visa Forum directions are... "If you do not know Jomtien and you want to find Tony's, you just have to rumble south down Thrappaya road on a Baht Bus. This is the road that looks like it has been recently carpet bombed. Ring the bell just as you see the Statue.

Then walk through dust, mud, pot holes, raw sewage, discarded noodle soup bags, spilt Som Tam and fallen/discarded old electrical wiring. Go past the 7/11 at the Statue, turn left at the Ace Cafe and its about 60yds down to your left." posted by lonewolf99 31/8/10

As I stay near Hanuman I will check this out shortly.

Up2U
January 2nd, 2011, 07:44
Please report back as I will be looking for a gym in the Jom Tien area too.

psd1315
January 16th, 2011, 06:38
Simply the Best
Been using Fairtex sports centre and hotel the beach end of Pattaya north rd.
http://www.fairtexho...facilities.html
Same pricing as others, reasonable gym, proper swimming pool although they quote it as olympic size but its strangely about 30 m???.
Has basketball, squash, tennis, steam and sauna plus lots other stuff, 2 towels and a water cooler all free.

Big on the muay thai there to, training/learning facilities and a top international team

worth a look if your hunting for a gym

tomas1
January 17th, 2011, 03:37
Visited Tony in Jomtien last week. Good place, lots of machines, mostly farangs training there. However, did not see any showers or towels. Everyone seemed to arrive in their training outfit, and go home for shower after the workout. They have different payment options. I paid for one visit, but they also have, as far as I remember, 3 visits in 5 days, and 5 visits in 10 days in addition to normal subscriptions. Enjoy! :tshirt:

netrix
January 17th, 2011, 04:55
how do the gyms in thailand get such high rates?
tony's is 3,500 baht a month and california wow is
supposed to be much higher than that.

24 Hour Fitness in LA is $30/month. seriously, who
in thailand wants to pay a hundred bucks or more a month
for a gym membership...and why is it so high?

billy2bs
January 17th, 2011, 22:24
Well I met a Jim when I was there a few years ago. We had a great time. Actually his name was Gimmee but I like saying Jimmy. So when we went to the beach.... What? Not the same Jim? UMMM SORRY!!!

anakot
February 18th, 2011, 18:15
Visited Tony in Jomtien last week. Good place, lots of machines, mostly farangs training there. However, did not see any showers or towels. Everyone seemed to arrive in their training outfit, and go home for shower after the workout. They have different payment options. I paid for one visit, but they also have, as far as I remember, 3 visits in 5 days, and 5 visits in 10 days in addition to normal subscriptions. Enjoy! :tshirt:

Here are some pics taken last week. Did not get a chance to visit but that is another story...
[attachment=3:1fy4w1vz]Tonys_directions.jpg[/attachment:1fy4w1vz]
[attachment=2:1fy4w1vz]tonys_gym.jpg[/attachment:1fy4w1vz]
[attachment=1:1fy4w1vz]tonys_prices.jpg[/attachment:1fy4w1vz]
[attachment=0:1fy4w1vz]tonys+hours.jpg[/attachment:1fy4w1vz]

bao-bao
February 18th, 2011, 20:12
Everyone seemed to arrive in their training outfit, and go home for shower after the workout.
Yuck. There are more than enough foul smelling farang running rampant around Jomtien already... I'd certainly hope there were shower facilities (although maybe the owners didn't want customers tripping over you know who while he was waiting in there to service all of "the most gorgeous free straight melt on your tongue" guys and then trying to sue.) :rolling:

anakot, good reference photos, thanks!

francois
February 18th, 2011, 21:51
how do the gyms in thailand get such high rates?
tony's is 3,500 baht a month and california wow is
supposed to be much higher than that.

24 Hour Fitness in LA is $30/month. seriously, who
in thailand wants to pay a hundred bucks or more a month
for a gym membership...and why is it so high?

It all depends on the promotions. I think I paid about 10,000 TB at CalWow for 3 years membership. You must keep saying NO NO until the price drops.

February 18th, 2011, 22:09
You must keep saying NO NO until the price drops.

OMG - don't encourage the Cheap Charlies with that advice - they'll take it to the gogo bars and the boys will end up dead of starvation.

:occasion9:

Beachlover
February 19th, 2011, 05:38
I'd certainly hope there were shower facilities (although maybe the owners didn't want customers tripping over you know who while he was waiting in there to service all of "the most gorgeous free straight melt on your tongue" guys and then trying to sue.) :rolling:
Wow, Bao Bao... did you just make a jab at someone? Hehe

You must keep saying NO NO until the price drops.
OMG - don't encourage the Cheap Charlies with that advice - they'll take it to the gogo bars and the boys will end up dead of starvation.
LOL, Scottish, you clown.

francois
February 26th, 2011, 14:47
I am amending my initial recommendation for CalWow as a gym in Pattaya. They do not maintain their equipment properly and continue to cram all weight training equipment/machines to a smaller area while over expanding machines for aerobics.

I note that Tony Gym on Third Rd at Pattaya Tai has a new building with more equipment. When my membership at CalWow expires I will investigate the situation at Tony.