PDA

View Full Version : Unpleasant farang

Chuai-Duai
December 27th, 2010, 16:36
I've been staying at the Mercure Hotel in Pattaya for a couple of weeks and for a lot of that time I've been joined by "M" a guy that I've "Offed". I've never had a problem at the Mercure either on this trip or previous ones. The security guys ignore M and there's no joiners fee.

Last night I was in the reception area with M when a middle aged farang looked at M and said in a very loud voice and in front of lots of tourists"f--king boys". Before I could ask him what his problem was he walked off still muttering "f--king boys". M and I continued to my room but M was really upset and wanted to know who the man was. He was worried he'd done something wrong and wouldn't be allowed back into the hotel. He thought the farang might even work there.

He was so upset that we went back down to reception where a girl on the desk apologised to me and said the man was just a guest. I said it wasn't me that deserved an apology and that no one should talk to M like that. We then had a word with the security guys who just laughed and said there was "no problem".

M cheered up a bit but was upset for the rest of the evening. He's 24 and like a lot of Thais looks younger but there's no way he looks underage and he shouldn't be sworn at like that in his own country.

I'm making sure now that he's not on his own around the hotel as he's nervous of meeting the unpleasant farang again. It's the only negative thing that's happened during my trip which has been one of the best I've had to Thailand in over twenty years of visits.

Ignore those who say Pattaya isn't what it was. Find the right guy and it's just as much fun as it ever was.

Beachlover
December 27th, 2010, 17:49
Sorry to hear that happened. Your companion should notice everyone else in the hotel has been nice to him and know the farang who said that is a "bad farang" and draw his conclusions from that (i.e. it's not him, it's the farang). If you see the farang again and he does anything similar, tell him to stick it. Should probably ask the hotel to deal with it too. You can't go around insulting other guests in a hotel.

December 27th, 2010, 18:07
Very unpleasant experience from nothing more than a homophobic cretin. It's worth, if you are a long term guest and have stayed there before, pulling the "I will consider moving hotels if this is not resolved to my satisfaction" It sometimes works, especially in this day and age where tourists are short.

Never let lowlife like that win, you will also find that he is a complete coward, that's why he disappeared rather quickly after being rude to you and your companion M.

Beachlover
December 27th, 2010, 18:10
He's probably a straight sex tourist... Thinks it's perfectly ok for middle-aged men to take 20-year old girls, but not acceptable with boys LOL.

December 27th, 2010, 18:20
He's probably a straight sex tourist... Thinks it's perfectly ok for middle-aged men to take 20-year old girls, but not acceptable with boys LOL.

You are probably right, straight and wishing he had the guts to go to a Boys Bar and pick up a guy insterad of a girl. LOL

RichLB
December 27th, 2010, 21:37
If I were you and happened to see this boor again, I would pull him to the side and in a very sympathetic voice inform him that Thais do not take kindly to such insults rarely forget them, and seldom let them pass without seeking retribution - either by themselves or through friends; sometimes weeks hence. Without sounding angry you might warn him to avoid walking alone and to be careful when in the streets. This isn't a total fabrication, but it would serve him right to spend the remainder of his vacation nervously watching his back.

thrillbill
December 27th, 2010, 23:32
When we live in Thailand, we Westerners forget the Puritanical attitude that can exists in countries such as the USA or in parts of Europe. Prostitution is not accepted in front of ones face... If I was around that guy, I would run up to him and say, "Excuse me, he is my "son' ..his mother is Thai. You have a problem with that?

arsenal
December 30th, 2010, 14:34
Tell the farang to fuck off. He's just a tourist and almost certainly less sure of himself than you are, not that many straight men are as obsessed (and know where they stand in Pattaya) as the readers of this and other boards. This has never happened to me. However in one hotel the security guard demanded 100 Baht from a boy I had taken there. I told him no and complained to the hotel. The security guard was gone the next day.

December 30th, 2010, 15:30
Tell the farang to fuck off. He's just a tourist and almost certainly less sure of himself than you are, not that many straight men are as obsessed (and know where they stand in Pattaya) as the readers of this and other boards. This has never happened to me. However in one hotel the security guard demanded 100 Baht from a boy I had taken there. I told him no and complained to the hotel. The security guard was gone the next day.

Arsenal, good on you that you have never had this type of experience and I hope you never do. However, I have had a loud Amercian shouting after myself and my companion, in the Jung Ceylon centre and it isn't pleasant - however I dealt with it in a robust way which I have related here before.

I have also had a very strange experience, also at the Mercure:
Shortly after arriving back after a night on the tiles, the room telephone rang!
Now I can assure gentle readers of SGT that I do NOT go around telling people where I am staying and I especially do not go around telling people my name and room number - so quite how anybody would/could be calling my room I don't know!
Anyway, the boy answered the phone and was visibly disturbed but would/could not explain to me exactly who was calling, from where they were calling or indeed why they were calling.
I went downstairs to see if there was anybody in the lobby but there was not and the Reception staff denied putting any call through - so figure that one out! I have no idea if the caller was Thai or Farang and perhaps it was all just some mistake - but interesting that the Mercure is the common denominator.

:dontknow: :dontknow:

thenorthguy
December 30th, 2010, 16:37
Very Interesting I have stayed at the Mecure and had no problems with boys that stayed with me. I noticed that when I went to Reception I would say that at a rough count there where about 20 to 30 ID cards being held. What they do is place a post-it-note on the IDCard with your room number. I like the hotel its in a good location a great pool and will be back there in March.....

Beachlover
December 30th, 2010, 20:54
Question for those of you who've invited a non-commercial boy (not a prostitute or moneyboy) back to your room; Do you still ask them to leave their ID card at reception? Just curious.

December 30th, 2010, 21:35
Question for those of you who've invited a non-commercial boy (not a prostitute or moneyboy) back to your room; Do you still ask them to leave their ID card at reception? Just curious.

In the example I gave, the boy concerned was non-commercial and no request was made for any ID Card at any point - also there was no trouble with him ordering drinks/meals/room-service or with him coming or going as he pleased - just as it should be.

I think the hotels are pretty clued-up and can readily decide who looks, acts, and dresses like a whore and who doesn't

Despite that, I manage to slip through the net every time!!

:occasion9: :occasion9:

Beachlover
December 30th, 2010, 22:41
no request was made for any ID Card at any point - also there was no trouble with him ordering drinks/meals/room-service or with him coming or going as he pleased - just as it should be.
Agree... just the way it should be. I've only ever once been asked for an ID card.

I think the hotels are pretty clued-up and can readily decide who looks, acts, and dresses like a whore and who doesn't. Despite that, I manage to slip through the net every time!!
How much to "off" you?

Brad the Impala
December 31st, 2010, 01:39

In the example I gave, the boy concerned was non-commercial and no request was made for any ID Card at any point - also there was no trouble with him ordering drinks/meals/room-service or with him coming or going as he pleased - just as it should be.

Sounds like you stayed together a few days, but despite that the guy couldn't/wouldn't tell you anything about the disturbing call? Sounds like there is a bit more to it than a random homophobe.

December 31st, 2010, 04:25
Sounds like you stayed together a few days, but despite that the guy couldn't/wouldn't tell you anything about the disturbing call? Sounds like there is a bit more to it than a random homophobe.

Now that's what I call jumping to conclusions - the reason that my boy couldn't/wouldn't tell me anything about the call was that he could not understand the caller - he himself is not Thai and his English is very restricted - so whoever made the call was completely wasting their time.

I have thought of all kinds of motivations on the part of the mystery caller but it remains a mystery.

After having built this incident up in my mind to the level of high intrigue, I do hope it wasn't just a wrong number!!

:occasion9: :occasion9:

Beachlover
December 31st, 2010, 09:08
It was probably your Mother wanting money from him for a broken bagpipe or something. :occasion9:

psd1315
December 31st, 2010, 12:25
Go find him and rip him a new arshole , then lets see who gets the last laugh.

December 31st, 2010, 14:46
It was probably your Mother wanting money from him for a broken bagpipe or something. :occasion9:

Cheaper than a dead buffalo for sure.

:rolling:

Brad the Impala
December 31st, 2010, 15:16
Anyway, the boy answered the phone and was visibly disturbed but would/could not explain to me exactly who was calling, from where they were calling or indeed why they were calling.
I went downstairs to see if there was anybody in the lobby but there was not and the Reception staff denied putting any call through - so figure that one out! I have no idea if the caller was Thai or Farang and perhaps it was all just some mistake - but interesting that the Mercure is the common denominator.

If the "boy" "could not understand the caller", what made him "visibly disturbed" enough to get you going down to the lobby looking for the caller? Why didn't he just pass the phone to you when he couldn't understand the caller?

And if he plain "could" not explain, why would you write "would/could not explain".

Just a little intrigued by this peculiar story in the context of other's experiences at the Mercure.

December 31st, 2010, 16:30
[quote="scottish-guy":2it359ku]

If the "boy" "could not understand the caller", what made him "visibly disturbed" enough to get you going down to the lobby looking for the caller? Why didn't he just pass the phone to you when he couldn't understand the caller?

And if he plain "could" not explain, why would you write "would/could not explain".

Just a little intrigued by this peculiar story in the context of other's experiences at the Mercure.[/quote:2it359ku]

Q1: Because I had already passed it to him as I could not understand the caller myself.
Q2: Because I'm not a mind reader.

I'm not saying my little experience is down to the Mercure - it could as easily have been some predatory old queen followed us back from Boyztown - there are enough of them.

Diec
December 31st, 2010, 22:02
Leave it to Scotty to make mystry and drama out of a hotel guest accidentally ringing his room. If the two of you get this visibly upset over a wrong number, I can just see the both of you running down the street, hands waiving in the air, screaming at the top of your lungs when the waiter brings you the wrong order.

December 31st, 2010, 22:50
Leave it to Scotty to make mystry and drama out of a hotel guest accidentally ringing his room. If the two of you get this visibly upset over a wrong number, I can just see the both of you running down the street, hands waiving in the air, screaming at the top of your lungs when the waiter brings you the wrong order.

I did NOT make a drama out of it - I posted the story and said quite clearly that it could all have been a mistake.

I really do not take responsibility for the fact that other Members who seem to need to know the thin end of a fart, have asked interminable questions over it.

Actually, compared to the putrescent literary effluent YOU produce on a regular basis, my little story seems like a blockbuster.

Happy New Year.

:occasion9:

mj_87-old
December 31st, 2010, 23:33

I did NOT make a drama out of it - I posted the story and said quite clearly that it could all have been a mistake.

I really do not take responsibility for the fact that other Members who seem to need to know the thin end of a fart, have asked interminable questions over it.

Actually, compared to the putrescent literary effluent YOU produce on a regular basis, my little story seems like a blockbuster.

Happy New Year.

Sounded like drama to me.
If putrescent is to petrify or convert to stone...then are you saying Diec post literary shit that is converted to stone? As in petrified shit? or is that shit with stones in it?
And if it is effluent well then isn't that watery shit? How can that be petrified or putrescent?
I am missing the meaning here...please claretifly.

Brad the Impala
January 1st, 2011, 00:51
Actually it's becoming less of a drama and more confusing the more you explain!

Anyway, the boy answered the phone and was visibly disturbed but would/could not explain to me exactly who was calling, from where they were calling or indeed why they were calling..................... I have no idea if the caller was Thai or Farang

Why didn't he just pass the phone to you when he couldn't understand the caller?

Because I had already passed it to him as I could not understand the caller myself.

If you were passing it to him that sounds like you answered the phone not him. And despite that you still had no idea if the mystery caller was Thai or Farang!

... he himself is not Thai and his English is very restricted

With those restrictions there doesn't seem to be much point in passing the phone to him, and little expectation that he would be able to explain to you the who, the why and the where from, that you were hoping for, and if he couldn't do that how could he understand enough to become visibly disturbed!

After having built this incident up in my mind to the level of high intrigue,

Ain't that the truth!

January 1st, 2011, 02:23
Do you dress as Miss Marple as well?

Fucking hell - we entered the room, the phone rang, I answered it, the voice did not speak English so I passed it to him in case he understood the language being spoken.

Is there something bizarre about that? I really don't think so.

No the boy is not Thai but who is to say the caller was Thai? For all I knew it could have been somebody speaking in Korean, Tagalog or Esper-fucking-ranto. The point is that since I didn't understand, I thought he might.

He seemed disturbed by the call but as his English is limited perhaps he couldn't express that to me effectively or perghaps he DID understand the caller and didn't want to tell me what was said. I had left my crystal ball in Scotland so I don't actually know which it was.

I found it strange that the room phone should ring just minutes after we entered the Hotel and reached the room when it had not rung for the entire 10 days we had been there. I went down to the lobby to see if there was anybody (friend or foe) who might have rung from reception, but there wasn't and the Reception staff said they had not put a call through.

All right?

Are you satisfied now or would you like my shoe size, cock size, date of birth and National Insurance Number? Would you like me to fart in a jar and post it to you so you can examine it?

Jesus Christ!

:violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1:

January 1st, 2011, 02:32
If putrescent is to petrify or convert to stone... I am missing the meaning here...please claretifly.

Get a dictionary.

Putrescent = becoming putrid or rotten.

Nothing to do with petrification.

Brad the Impala
January 1st, 2011, 03:21
Anyway, the boy answered the phone

we entered the room, the phone rang, I answered it.

Something never quite rang true with your story, and it's unravelling now. Where did your fantasy friend, who didn't speak Thai or English, but might have spoken that mysterious language on the phone, that you couldn't recognise, come from? Remembering that you have said that you had "no idea" whether the caller was Thai or Farang when you spoke to them.

lonelywombat
January 1st, 2011, 05:16
Fucking hell - we entered the room, the phone rang, I answered it, the voice did not speak English so I passed it to him in case he understood the language being spoken.

I found it strange that the room phone should ring just minutes after we entered the Hotel and reached the room when it had not rung for the entire 10 days we had been there. I went down to the lobby to see if there was anybody (friend or foe) who might have rung from reception, but there wasn't and the Reception staff said they had not put a call through.

They have room to room calls available and this is what probably happened. End of drama.

Diec
January 1st, 2011, 06:01
Why would this boy who does not speak english or thai, who is visibly upset over this mysterious phone call you received in your room not want to tell you? Was it because of the language barrier? Where is this boy from? Does he have friends who can translate his language into a language you can understand? He was visibly shaken, was he crying, shaking with fear, asking for the police? Scotty, you may be on to something when you admit this could have been a foe who was after you not only for your boy but your wealth as well. Perhaps you could tap your phone line and record all the calls. When this happens again you will then have a recording you can forward to a lingquist to translate what has transpired. Until this dark mystry is solved...If I were you, I would sleep with one eye opened. It may be someone wants to put a fist up your kilt in not the good way your used to.

mj_87-old
January 1st, 2011, 08:06
[quote="mj_87":4x3qnmmo]...
If putrescent is to petrify or convert to stone... I am missing the meaning here...please claretifly.

Get a dictionary.

Putrescent = becoming putrid or rotten.

Nothing to do with petrification.

:occasion9:[/quote:4x3qnmmo]

Note to self..Do not drink, look up words in the dictionary and post on sawatdee gay...Makes me look stupid.

Petrescent = petrified
Putrescent = putrified

Got it.

Carry on with scotish guy. His posting makes me look a bit less stupid.

Beachlover
January 1st, 2011, 08:48
Christ... not even bringing in the New Year stops the bitching here. Love it. LOL

Seems like it's Scotty's turn to bend over and be scrutinised.

The incident probably lasted all of about 10 seconds. I don't really care about the details or why we need to rip apart the poster recounting the incident. I am curious who the boy was but if he wants to tell us it's up to him...

Sounded like drama to me.
MJ_87... Your judgement has no credibility since you called another poster helping his BF start a business a control freak.

You would probably look at NYE fireworks and say, "sounds like the world's ending to me."

Are you satisfied now... Would you like me to fart in a jar and post it to you so you can examine it?
Scottish, you HAVE to stop offering to post your turds and farts to people. It's very unbecoming. :occasion9:

Diec
January 1st, 2011, 09:05
Christ... not even bringing in the New Year stops the bitching here. Love it. LOL

The incident probably lasted all of about 10 seconds. I don't really care about the details or why we need to rip apart the poster recounting the incident. I am curious who the boy was but if he wants to tell us it's up to him...

[quote=mj_87]Sounded like drama to me.
MJ_87... Your judgement has no credibility since you called another poster helping his BF start a business a control freak.

You would probably look at NYE fireworks and say, "sounds like the world's ending to me."

Are you satisfied now... Would you like me to fart in a jar and post it to you so you can examine it?
Scottish, you HAVE to stop offering to post your turds and farts to people. It's very unbecoming. :occasion9:[/quote:281ntrki]

Beachbore...do you EVER have anything of interest to say? It seems to me all you do is scour the message boards day and night to post your drivel. Take your phoney 'rich, young, goodlooking, facade' to the public where someone can vouch for your self describe irrisistable sexy body and exorbidant ways, since your profile claims you are in Thailand every couple of months one would think more people from here have met you.

Beachlover
January 1st, 2011, 10:01
Do you Diec? 90% of your posts are putting down other posters, usually in a very bitter way with no justification. You of all people shouldn't be calling someone else a troll.

Couple years ago I was in Thailand every couple of months. Now it's 1-3 times a year.

Yep, because with 60 million+ people in Thailand and nobody here knowing what I look like, it's amazing more people haven't met me.

January 1st, 2011, 10:05
At a rough guess 75% of posters on here need psychiatric help

gcboyz
January 1st, 2011, 16:37
it is a well known fact that 86.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot. lol

mj_87-old
January 1st, 2011, 16:49

[quote=mj_87]Sounded like drama to me.

Scottish, you HAVE to stop offering to post your turds and farts to people. It's very unbecoming. :occasion9:[/quote:3oaiyavr]

You calling me not credible is high praise. Go back to the postings to which I think you are referring. I did not use the phrase "control freak". That was the term you used. Not me...uhhh..I think it may be you who has the credibility problem. You can not get the basic facts correct.

mj_87-old
January 1st, 2011, 16:55
[quote="scottish-guyQ1: Because I had already passed it to him as I could not understand the caller myself.
Q2: Because I'm not a mind reader.

I'm not saying my little experience is down to the Mercure - it could as easily have been some predatory old queen followed us back from Boyztown - there are enough of them.[/quote]

I have not stayed at the hotel in question but to take an errant phone call and turn it into intrigue (your words) complete with a trip to the lobby looking the caller and wondering if you had been followed back to your hotel by "some predatory old queen" is my definition of manufacturing drama.

The Mercure I am sure is a fine hotel and also a hotbed of international mystery?

Beachlover
January 1st, 2011, 19:12
You calling me not credible is high praise. Go back to the postings to which I think you are referring. I did not use the phrase "control freak". That was the term you used. Not me...uhhh..I think it may be you who has the credibility problem. You can not get the basic facts correct.
I can't be arsed to look up the postings. You blew it up saying Matt had control issues, criticised him for trying to "control" his environment, called him a complainer and said he was playing "mindfuck" games. You're an irrational freak. Scottish recounted a minor incident and you're over-analysing it and blowing it up to be a major drama.

mj_87-old
January 1st, 2011, 19:39
I can't be arsed to look up the postings. You blew it up saying Matt had control issues, criticised him for trying to "control" his environment, called him a complainer and said he was playing "mindfuck" games. You're an irrational freak. Scottish recounted a minor incident and you're over-analysing it and blowing it up to be a major drama.

Apparently you can not be arsed with the facts.
Not very credible of you.
Scottish can offer up his own comments on maufacturing drama.

giggsy
January 2nd, 2011, 07:49

If you need psychiatric help.....
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you
want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice
will tell you which number to press.
If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you
press. No one will answer.
If you are anal-retentive, please hold.
If you are anxious, just start pressing numbers at random.
If you are phobic, don't press anything
If you are staying at the Mecure please feel free to phone Scotty...

ftj_taw
January 2nd, 2011, 08:54

Not me

January 2nd, 2011, 16:49
[quote="scottish-guy":1iqn6ywq]At a rough guess 75% of posters on here need psychiatric help

Not me[/quote:1iqn6ywq]

Thinking you're not mental is the first sign.

:rolling: