PDA

View Full Version : Wunderbar Sunee now All Of Me and open

lonelywombat
December 23rd, 2010, 16:48
I received this by email and am not sure how accurate it is. First the bar was/is located between Don Plaza Bar not hotel [montys pool side ]and Balkan Express opposite that narrow lane between the sois in Sunee running past Corner Bar. Second there is no detail as to how it will operate. gogo or plain beer bar. off boys or freelance. The La cage background is solid and I hope will transfer through.

WunderBar in Sunee Plaza has new owners/operators: Boy, formerly with Mike's LaCage and Bondi Bar; and Tom, formerly of Mike's LaCage. Tom and Boy have many, many friends among Pattaya's residents and visitors. Everyone is invited to stop by and see them at their new location, WunderBar in Sunee Plaza.

Tom's American boyfriend, Keith, and Boy's American boyfriend, Gary, are financial backers.

Application for a new license is underway and the bar's name will change to "All of Me" when it is completed.

Dboy
December 24th, 2010, 02:17
Thanks for this info. Please post again if you get any more details (especially opening date and website).

Dboy

lonelywombat
December 24th, 2010, 04:46
I had several PMs overnight. I have edited the post to give more accurate location.

No the spelling is correct , there is a Wonderland cabaret and Wunderbar beer bar.

Dont wish to speculate but the boys from Bondi and La Cage have always impressed me and hopefully they can continue with their friendly manner. On paper it seems to have more going for it than many other new ventures that open from time to time

newalaan
December 24th, 2010, 05:45
Dont wish to speculate but the boys from Bondi and La Cage have always impressed me and hopefully they can continue with their friendly manner Thanks for the info lonely. I cant talk for the Bondi boys as i've only been there a couple of times. But I would surprised if the boys from La Cage jumped ship as I understood them to be very happy at la cage and they seem to enjoy a good working relationship with the boss and eachother. The main reason I go to La Cage is precisely due to the friendliness of the staff there.

I dont really bother much with the agogos in Pattaya nowadays, and only spend a week in Pattaya mostly in the beer bars early evening before heading out on the town later on at night, so its always welcome to have another place to go with familiar, friendly staff who know the ropes. I'll be there next month so updates are handy.

Diec
December 24th, 2010, 07:27
What is more important is how Beachbore feels about this.

lonelywombat
December 26th, 2010, 07:13
Gary one of the new owners posted this to Tingtong. he did not seem pleased at the way the thread on GB was taken off track by LMTU who did not know Wunderbar was not Wonderland. Please take the offer to drop in say hello and have a drink.

Had PM to tell me there is a pussy bar in Pattaya also named Wunderbar.

BOY, formerly of Mike's LaCage Bar and of Bondi Bar; and TOM, formerly of Mike's LaCage Bar, have applied for a new license to operate the business as ALL OF ME BAR. They both have many, many friends among Pattaya's residents and visitors. BOY and TOM invite everyone to visit them in their new location.

Pui, the friendly cashier of WunderBar, as well as several of the WunderBar waiters, have decided to stay on as staff of ALL OF ME Bar.

The ALL OF ME sign is already up. Please Watch for numerous changes over the next several months and stop by to say hello and have a drink with BOY and TOM.

pennyboy
December 28th, 2010, 02:15
Not sure why Alaan would be surprised Boy and Tom would leave lacage as quite a few of the boys seem to have left recently. If they get the chance to run their own bar backed by their farang boyfriends I don't know why they would even think about staying at lacage. Anyway. Boy left some time ago and had been working in Bondi recently.

I wish them luck as they are a couple of nice guys.

newalaan
December 28th, 2010, 05:51
Not sure why Alaan would be surprised Boy and Tom would leave lacage as quite a few of the boys seem to have left recently. If they get the chance to run their own bar backed by their farang boyfriends I don't know why they would even think about staying at lacage. Anyway. Boy left some time ago and had been working in Bondi recentlyI'm not surprised, I wasn't referring to 'Boy' and 'Tom' who I dont know. As you and Lonelywombat confirmed that they have already left La Cage, how in that case could they be thinking about staying if they have already left? I was referring to the rest of the La Cage 'boys' staff still currently working there who might want to go and join Tom and Boy at their new bar. That's what I thought (perhaps wrongly) that Lonelywombat was 'speculating' about.

It is these "boys" (not the other 'boys' Tom and Boy) I spoke to on my last trip in October at La Cage, and gathered from what they actually told me that they liked working at La Cage and enjoyed the working relationships there.

the thread on GB was taken off track by LMTU who did not know Wunderbar was not WonderlandWhen senility is starting to take hold and the Gin is on 'special offer' at Friendship it's any easy mistake for an "expert" in all things Sunee to make. I don't know who is worse over at planet-GB, LMTU for posting his confused ravings and waffle, trying to pass-off these works of fiction as credible posts or Gaybutton himself for allowing it to continue to happen. Other than GB simply enjoying being his usual contrary self, I really can't understand why even he tolerates him.

lonelywombat
December 29th, 2010, 13:16
Have heard that All of Mee is open and drawing good crowds. Would be interested in any feedback.

Beachlover
December 29th, 2010, 17:21
I don't know who is worse over at planet-GB, LMTU for posting his confused ravings and waffle, trying to pass-off these works of fiction as credible posts or Gaybutton himself for allowing it to continue to happen. Other than GB simply enjoying being his usual contrary self, I really can't understand why even he tolerates him.
Easy to explain. They hang out together, drink together and are part of the same highly-respectable and esteemed social circles. If GB booted LMTU it would be awkward. Same with Undaunted. So either he's as dumb as they are or he doesn't want the social ramifications of booting them.

Geezer
December 30th, 2010, 06:22
They hang out together, drink together and are part of the same highly-respectable and esteemed social circles. If GB booted LMTU it would be awkward. Same with Undaunted. So either he's as dumb as they are or he doesn't want the social ramifications of booting them.

Although reluctant to get involved in this mess, I must say that suggesting a warm relationship between GB and LMTU is about as far from the facts as it is possible to get. In all these years they have never had one drink together. Including Undaunted is not far behind.

I'm aware it is impossible to judge a posterтАЩs legitimacy online. All I can say is that I've used only this handle on all the boards for thirteen years in Pattaya. I've posted a full page photo of myself being borne up Phukradung by four sturdy lads. (It is similar to the photo used as the avatar.) My identity is widely known in gay Pattaya. I've nothing to hide.

lonelywombat
December 30th, 2010, 08:32
I don't know who is worse over at planet-GB, LMTU for posting his confused ravings and waffle, trying to pass-off these works of fiction as credible posts or Gaybutton himself for allowing it to continue to happen. Other than GB simply enjoying being his usual contrary self, I really can't understand why even he tolerates him.
Easy to explain. They hang out together, drink together and are part of the same highly-respectable and esteemed social circles. If GB booted LMTU it would be awkward. Same with Undaunted. So either he's as dumb as they are or he doesn't want the social ramifications of booting them.

BL you are so totally wrong. GB drinks at the same bar early evening with the Barmy Army an expression I think LMTU may have coined himself..LMTU is never there or would be welcome. He is the subject of conversation often which is about as close as it gets.

Undaunted also drinks in the same bar but much later, and is far less sober in his behaviour. I have never seen him there at the same time, as GB and his friends. GB is tucked into bed long before Und gets going and is probably having breakfast some mornings when he gets home.

LMTU and Undaunted were bosom buddies but that seems to have ended with a lot of name calling on GB's forum. The only thing they have in common is they drink at same bar in Sunee and post on GB board.

Highly respectable social circles. Dont believe even a fraction of LMTU posts.

ftj_taw
December 30th, 2010, 09:36

Have you seen them there together? Geezer and Wombat say no, so how did you come up with this explanation, or are they just wrong.

Beachlover
December 30th, 2010, 21:24
Have you seen them there together? Geezer and Wombat say no, so how did you come up with this explanation, or are they just wrong.
No, my info's second hand so I revert to Geezer as his is first hand and Lonely as he probably knows people there personally. I still believe there is some element of their social links involved, though not as strong as I thought previously. Anyway, don't care. Bunch of expats of the lowest rung.

Although reluctant to get involved in this mess, I must say that suggesting a warm relationship between GB and LMTU is about as far from the facts as it is possible to get. In all these years they have never had one drink together. Including Undaunted is not far behind.
Thanks, Geezer. I exaggerated on GB/LM drinking together etc. but think they hang in similar social circles. GB/Un drink together but not close buddies.

GB drinks at the same bar early evening with the Barmy Army... LMTU is never there or would be welcome. He is the subject of conversation often which is about as close as it gets. Undaunted also drinks in the same bar but much later, and is far less sober in his behaviour. I have never seen him there at the same time, as GB and his friends.
Thanks for the correction/clarification, Lonely. Someone told me GB leaves before Undaunted "gets going". What exactly does he do when he gets going?

LMTU and Undaunted were bosom buddies but that seems to have ended with a lot of name calling on GB's forum. The only thing they have in common is they drink at same bar in Sunee and post on GB board.
Indeed, but they'll make up out of necessity, I'm sure. There's only so many other dopey degenerates around to befriend friends with.