PDA

View Full Version : Hua Hin gay scene: taking a couple of hits in December ...

Smiles
December 21st, 2010, 09:52
Received a PM from a member here this morning regarding the status/no status of the latest couple of losses we have experienced in Hua Hin this month. Copied it here for your information, and the PM plus my reply are self explanatory.

Hi
Just to let you know Guys Bar & Little Choices have now closed. Expecting something new soon.
T&T
oops Just looking and see you are in Hua Hin so you probably know about LC already!
Yes thanks ... I did know.
Guy's Bar closed in the first week in December. That was not really much of a surprise ... the owner had wanted badly to sell it for a long time, and finally did so. It was very sparsely attended in the last year, and the opening of Little Choices last March didn't help matters.
Rumour is it will open soon as a lady bar.

Now Little Choices has closed (just this last Sunday). That one surprised me as it had quite a lot of customers just about every time we went there (which was often), but I guess not enough for the owner.
The two partners (farang) had put a good deal of work and money sprucing the place up and it was a very pleasant and easy-going place to go for a few beers/drinks. They had a number of very good looking Thai guys there (some being from Guys Bar) ... never pushy, always up for pool game, just plain friendly.
As of right now the owner has not rented it out, so the future of the location is unknown.

That puts the gay bar count at only 2 now (Red Indian and SM Bar) and neither of them have a huge number of customers on average. Apparently there is a new place opening up on Soi 80 soon ... in fact one of the guys who lost his job with Little Choices phoned us last night to invite us over there. We were busy, but it sounds like it may be open already. Can't remember the name.

Smiles
I was going to write about this anyway, but the PM jogged my typing finger.
As mentioned above. the demise of Little Choices was quite a surprise (the owner told me about it the night before), mostly for the fact that, finally, Hua Hin had a gay bar with (what seemed to be) very good potential for future growth. Apparently the owner felt otherwise.
Lots of very nice Thai guys are out of work now.

I live here because of the beach; because of the proximity to much better beaches just an hours drive south; because of the clear air; because HH is not too big (but not too small); because we love it here; because I have friends here; and because my old man has a thriving little tour/taxi business here.
And frankly, the lack of gay bars here doesn't bother me in the least. But I'd be the first to admit that gay folks coming here as part of their holidays will undoubtedly be disappointed that the best one in town is no longer, and the ones left standing are no screaming hell.
C'est la vie.

Smiles
December 21st, 2010, 10:00
And then ... quickly out of the blue, very soon after my reply ... a 2nd PM from the same member:

"Hi Smiles
We were actually at Little Choices on Friday when it closed! Toto who worked there invited us to visit Rainbow bar in Soi 80 where his mother works. We have been there twice and they hope to turn it gay soon. Ae (ex Red Indian & SM bar) is opening Bamboo Boy further up Soi 80 near where bar Faq Tong used to be .... "
So, news travels fast here and I'm not always in-the-know. Soon to be (apparently) a Bamboo Boy and a Rainbow bar: both on Soi 80 ... the same Soi we live on!
Let's see what happens. Hua Hin is back (as quick as a wink) to 4 gay bars net, when just yesterday it was net 2. My my.
Thank you, Phantom PM'er for your new information.

krobbie
December 21st, 2010, 15:02
Smiles,
Well the news is a little disappointing inasmuch as one of the partners from little choices had a great apartment for rent on Soi 70. Will have to see if that's still ago for May. I know May is not the best time Hua Hin but I hope I get there before the rain sets in good and proper.

However on the upside you have 2 new bars just around the corner from your home so that has to be be good.

I leave on Thursday for BKK. Talk soon.

krobbie

Two41
December 24th, 2010, 07:49
Rainbow Boy Bar
Soi 80, Hua Hin. 083-300-3221 (Ya), 083-725-8637 (Nop)
New gay bar and massage
Pool table

T&T

Two41
December 25th, 2010, 07:15
Grasshopper Bar
Naresdamri Road, Hua Hin
New gay bar
Pool table

T&T

December 29th, 2010, 10:03
yes, the bed & breakfast is still there and still lovely for gays in hua hin: http://www.baanthong.com