Beach End unit side facing Jomtien 8th floor

801 92 sq mt
802 48 sq mt
803 86 sq mt
804 48 sq mt

Total 274 sq mt

Completion due July 2006
standard bare walls no fittings
Payment yet to be made 5,5 million to buy, plus 80,000 a month for 7 months and final payment of 5.0 million
Total 11 million baht = only 40,000 per sq meter for private sale.

Any further info required or to view, please ask on this trail, PM me or e-mail at glorious.view@yahoo.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/IMG_2086.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/IMG_2097.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Pattayaview.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/ViewTalay.jpg

jimnbkk
April 27th, 2006, 20:40
So, you bought these places, and now you're trying to sell them before they've been finished or lived-in. Right? We call it Flipping here in USA, and the flippers are starting to get their comeuppance now. Condo price increases have leveled-off, sales have leveled off because the prices have gotten so outlandish that people won't/can't buy any more.

Flipping: You buy an unfinished condo with the intent of waiting a short period and then selling it again after the asking prices of the other unfinished condos have gone up (because they are 'selling' so well presumably). Problem is: the people buying are flippers.

As an aside, I wonder how many of the units that have been "sold" in the Majestic (91-story monstrosity in Jomtien in another thread) are actually sold to flippers.

Davey612
April 27th, 2006, 22:07
Gesh, Jimnbkk applying American knowhow. Sorry to go offtopic, but applying U.S. market conditions to property in Thailand is like applying left hand driving rules in a right hand country.

I am sure that Jimnbkk knows a bit about Thai or Asian real property knowhow. Usually new property developments are sold at a discount to investors. In this way, the developer has extra money to continue on the project while investors...well being investors, can make some profit. This is nothing different than buying stocks or bonds. This is a concept for real property investments that has been around Asia for ages.

Obviously, if TeePee can sell his property at the asking price, then it is fair market value. If he cannot, then he misjudged the market.

April 27th, 2006, 22:53
Sounds like a fair price to me. A new flipper can finish the units, and resell for even more profit and then sell to someone like me who doesn't like buying unbuilt property and doesn't like dealing with finishing a unit. The way of the world. So what?

jimnbkk
April 27th, 2006, 23:16
Well, maybe so. Not sure how it's working there, but you both make some sense. And, maybe my "flipper" accusation sent bad connotation not deserved.

April 28th, 2006, 05:26
View Talay 5

Beach End unit side facing Jomtien 8th floor

801 92 sq mt
802 48 sq mt
803 86 sq mt
804 48 sq mt

Total 274 sq mt

Completion due July 2006
standard bare walls no fittings
Payment yet to be made 5,5 million to buy, plus 80,000 a month for 7 months and final payment of 5.0 million
Total 11 million baht = only 40,000 per sq meter

this is a bundle sale of 4 condos in one transaction?
why can't you sell them individually?

Up2U
April 28th, 2006, 12:52
"this is a bundle sale of 4 condos in one transaction?
why can't you sell them individually?"....why don't you buy them and you can re-sell them bundled or individually. At View Taly 7 the first two corner units (92 & 48) must be sold together but I believe there is no restriction at View Talay 5. The 40k/sqm is well below current market prices and is a good deal, especially beach front property.

April 28th, 2006, 13:11
"Sky scrappers on Jontium Bay", do you say? I've been poring over my atlas and can't find such a place. Neither does my trusty Websters have an entry for "sky scrapper". Personally, I think LMTU would make a wonderful subject for a linguistics thesis.

April 28th, 2006, 14:36
I wouldn't be surprised to find LMTU attempting to sell the sky for scrap...

"and we've even taken the lead of the roof to save you the trouble, guv"

Whether he would succeed or not is whole other story, of course.

April 28th, 2006, 14:39
I sure hope he does, because I for one would not buy a condo whose lead was not taskened. I'm sure everyone here would agree.

April 28th, 2006, 14:55
...that's what happens when you get called to breakfast, prepared by the resident bodybuilding hunk when you are in the middle of preparing a post. He's off to his rain soaked homeland for it's wettest month next week. He is going on Qatar Airways having scooped what he believes is a real bargain so I will be interested in the reports ... and hungry.

jimnbkk
April 29th, 2006, 03:20
What does 'standard bare walls, no fittings' mean? No electrical outlets? No water lines into unit? Please explain the terms.

And oh, by the way LMTU, it's Sky Scraper not Sky Scrapper. The term implies that the building is so tall it 'scrapes the sky'. Majestic probably qualifies, although I agree with you that if you go offshore a few miles you'll see only the tallest buildings and they'll seem like sky crappers.

oops

catawampuscat
April 29th, 2006, 08:28
It is a shame that the natural beauty of the coastline and the beachfronts is filling up with hideous concrete structures.. The new one going
up now behind the gay beach is so massive and so ugly..I can't imagine why one would want to live like in one, when for the same money
one can buy a beautiful house.... Now a 91 story tower!! Men with small penises (or is it short guys?) often buy huge cars and this sounds
like the ultimate phallic symbol and unfortunately a target for some crazed neo fascist ultra religious group.. It would be world wide news if
attacked.. Now , if the develper offered me a percentage I would change my tune and tell you how it will be the most amazing, most profitable
and the place for the "right people" to live in..
I have been to many very high floor apartments and those with outdoor terraces are very windy especially near coastlines..Impossible to read a
newspaper or eat a meal, as the winds whip everything around but it is cooler...

catawampuscat
April 29th, 2006, 08:28
It is a shame that the natural beauty of the coastline and the beachfronts is filling up with hideous concrete structures.. The new one going
up now behind the gay beach is so massive and so ugly..I can't imagine why one would want to live like in one, when for the same money
one can buy a beautiful house.... Now a 91 story tower!! Men with small penises (or is it short guys?) often buy huge cars and this sounds
like the ultimate phallic symbol and unfortunately a target for some crazed neo fascist ultra religious group.. It would be world wide news if
attacked.. Now , if the develper offered me a percentage I would change my tune and tell you how it will be the most amazing, most profitable
and the place for the "right people" to live in..
I have been to many very high floor apartments and those with outdoor terraces are very windy especially near coastlines..Impossible to read a
newspaper or eat a meal, as the winds whip everything around but it is cooler...

wowpow
April 29th, 2006, 12:15
Scott 123 . The units were sold a minimum of 3 together. That's the habit here for getting the very desirable sea-view end units. I contracted for an extra one to allow maximum flexibility.

My original idea was make the seaview unit 140 sq meters which would be a spectacular loung/ kitchen/dining area and office area. The 82 meter room would become a spacious bedroom, bathroom, cloakroom and laundyroom.

The end unit 48 sq meters would be for staff or guests and can be seperate or connected by door to the bedroom.

Alternatively you could make two fine one bedroom condos or 4 studios.

wowpow
April 29th, 2006, 12:22
jimnbkk quote "What does 'standard bare walls, no fittings' mean? No electrical outlets? No water lines into unit? Please explain the terms."

The builder leaves you with bare walls. ceiling and floors. Water and electrical services go to the service duct. Balconies are tiled and windows installed. The exterior and corridors are decorated. Actually the corridors are rather nice with granite floors. It is up to the purchaser to decide on the configuration of rooms and decorations.

April 29th, 2006, 13:31
As far as spoiling the natural beauty of Pattaya/Jomtien, what was there to spoil?
In other words, NO GREAT LOSS! There was no history to spoil either. It is a new creation.
The area has some of the ugliest beaches in Thailand. It does have other attractions and making it a great, diverse, urban "beach" resort is about the best fate considering what there was to work with.
Thailand is a large enough country. It has the space for more than one big city.
If you don't like it, I can tell you where to get a taxi out.

Up2U
April 29th, 2006, 13:31
"I can't imagine why one would want to live like in one, when for the same money
one can buy a beautiful house".....some farangs like the security, maintenance free environment, pool and views that many condos offer, and also the ability to have the title in their own name which you can't do with a house.

Up2U
April 29th, 2006, 13:35
"The builder leaves you with bare walls. ceiling and floors. Water and electrical services go to the service duct. Balconies are tiled and windows installed. The exterior and corridors are decorated. Actually the corridors are rather nice with granite floors. It is up to the purchaser to decide on the configuration of rooms and decorations."....and looking at the floor plan it I believe you get a basic bathroom per unit which you can receive a credit for if you don't want it.

wowpow
April 29th, 2006, 17:15
Having seen the planned thai showers and budget porcelain, I cancelled the bathroom and the credit is reflected in the budget offer price.

To get a decent house in this prime location would cost you over 30 million . There are some way down the coast starting a US 1 million.

catawampuscat
May 1st, 2006, 09:34
As far as spoiling the natural beauty of Pattaya/Jomtien, what was there to spoil?
In other words, NO GREAT LOSS! There was no history to spoil either. It is a new creation.
The area has some of the ugliest beaches in Thailand. It does have other attractions and making it a great, diverse, urban "beach" resort is about the best fate considering what there was to work with.
Thailand is a large enough country. It has the space for more than one big city.

Tackyla,

You should be ashamed of showing your ignorance, intolerance and Western bias.. Pattaya/Jomtien were charming fishing villages with no hideous high rises until the last 30 or 40 years.. I have no problem with development but your attitude, that there is nothing to spoil is absurd.. You continue spewing
absurd comments with "no history".. You must think history started when culturally arrogant farangs started despoiling the environment.. If someone doesn't agree with you they should leave the country..What incredible intolerance, ...You are pathetic and fortunately you do not rule the world or control anyone here.. I hope you end up living in or under the concrete boxes you see as improving the natural beauty of tropical coastlines..

catawampuscat
May 1st, 2006, 09:34

Tackyla,

You should be ashamed of showing your ignorance, intolerance and Western bias.. Pattaya/Jomtien were charming fishing villages with no hideous high rises until the last 30 or 40 years.. I have no problem with development but your attitude, that there is nothing to spoil is absurd.. You continue spewing
absurd comments with "no history".. You must think history started when culturally arrogant farangs started despoiling the environment.. If someone doesn't agree with you they should leave the country..What incredible intolerance, ...You are pathetic and fortunately you do not rule the world or control anyone here.. I hope you end up living in or under the concrete boxes you see as improving the natural beauty of tropical coastlines..

May 1st, 2006, 09:43

Tackyla,

Sorry, I really think you are totally incorrect.
Before the USA soldiers from Vietnam visited for R and R, it is my understanding there was basically NOTHING in Pattaya. There was a tiny population and no buildings of note. Like you said a fishing village.
Yes, at the time, it was undoubtedly much more lovely naturally and of course it must have been quite clean. But even then the beauty could not have held a candle to the real beauty spots of Thailand (such as the Southern Thai islands and beaches). But it is not lovely anymore and it never will be. We can't turn back the clock, Pattaya/Jomtien are cities now, and quite ugly, dirty ones at that. They will not be torn down, so the only thing to do know is start from the current day reality.
This has nothing to do with Western bias and you really insult me without knowing what you are talking about.
There are lots of historic sites in Thailand (such as Ayathaya), I have been to many of them and they are great. Pattaya/Jomtien were NEVER that and don't try to act like they were.
I could understand your outrage if you were trying to save a great world nature spot such as the Big Sur Coast of California, or a great cultural treasure like Quebec City Canada, but your outrage here is totally absurd.

As far as concrete boxes go, yes, I agree there are some God awful ugly ones in Pattaya. This new one coming up hopefully will raise the architectural standard and more lovely highrises will follow. You got to work with what you have, and Pattaya Jomtien are what they are, and crass as they are, and crasser as they are becoming, they are still and will continue to be hugely popular Asian beach resorts. If you don't like this, you really should look for greener pastures, because this is happening. End of story.

BTW, your Tackyla insult is quite cute. Thanks for that.

Aunty
May 1st, 2006, 18:41
Apart from it being little more than a 91 storey death trap, how long before the 'concerned owners' of these flats want the beach cleaned up of all that homosexual filth that parades and degrades itself on the beach right outside the front door? I can hear them baying now - Let's get rid of the perverts that prey on and lead astray innocent and poor young Thai men. Let's move the homos' on.

May 1st, 2006, 22:02
Apart from it being little more than a 91 storey death trap, how long before the 'concerned owners' of these flats want the beach cleaned up of all that homosexual filth that parades and degrades itself on the beach right outside the front door? I can hear them baying now - Let's get rid of the perverts that prey on and lead astray innocent and poor young Thai men. Let's move the homos' on.
You are assuming they won't mostly be homos buying the units. Pattaya is never gonna be Salt Lake City, not to worry.

May 1st, 2006, 22:46
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
# The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
# Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it denos't mtater in waht oredr the ltetres in a
# wrod are, the olny iprnoatmt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be
# in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed
# it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
# lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I
# awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Does the Bangkok Post know that you are reproducing their article or are we supposed to guess that you thought that one up by yourself? :bounce:

May 2nd, 2006, 09:50
Nice homes can be bought for a lot less than a million dollars. What a rubbish statement. In fact, a nice home and a decent area of real grass can be had for under 100,000 u.s. Of course you won't be near water or whore houses. But not all guys need that.

wowpow
May 2nd, 2006, 10:07
"Nice homes can be bought for a lot less than a million dollars. What a rubbish statement." quote goodlad

Of course it is rubbish but you are the only one who has made that statement.

May 2nd, 2006, 13:25
Before the USA soldiers from Vietnam visited for R and R, it is my understanding there was basically NOTHING in Pattaya. There was a tiny population and no buildings of note. Like you said a fishing village.

Well I didn't get there till 1971. We stayed in beach bungalows that belonged to the Chartered Bank whose staff used themas a weekend getaway from Bangkok. There was a large local population judging by the size of the school and market. There was no tarmac on what is now No. 2 road and tree roots were sticking up through the mud but there was a Thai International Airlines office where I bought my flight to Singapore. They asked me for my US Forces number as all farang were assumed to be on R&R.

I suspect that the area had been heavily populated for quite some time.

May 2nd, 2006, 14:05

Well I didn't get there till 1971. We stayed in beach bungalows that belonged to the Chartered Bank whose staff used themas a weekend getaway from Bangkok. There was a large local population judging by the size of the school and market. There was no tarmac on what is now No. 2 road and tree roots were sticking up through the mud but there was a Thai International Airlines office where I bought my flight to Singapore. They asked me for my US Forces number as all farang were assumed to be on R&R.

I suspect that the area had been heavily populated for quite some time.
You apparantly got there a little late to report on its beginnings:
"It was just a remote fishing village on Thailand's eastern seaboard when, in the early 1960s, U.S. soldiers on R. and R. discovered its palm-shaded beach and sparkling waters." TIME MAGAZINE ASIA

I read in another local source there were only THIRTY to FOURTY families living in the area at the time before "discovery." This wasn't even anything near the level of the former fishing village of Puerto Vallarta, which supported lovely brick architecture before "discovery."

There were no ancient Thai relics there. Just a backwater fishing village. Emphasis on the BACKWATER. I am sure it was a nice BACKWATER. There are still nice BACKWATERS in Thailand today and I am sure they are great places to relax and experiece real, local Thai culture. That fishing village that was Pattaya is indeed lost forever, but that is the extent of the loss. Again, period, end of story.

Bring on the new, better, higher, HIGHRISES and deal with what Pattaya is now and can possibly become ...

If you haven't read this, that TIME ASIA article is a must read:
http://www.time.com/time/asia/2005/journey/pattaya.html

I love Thailand and I love Pattaya, but Pattaya isn't the real Thailand, anymore than Las Vegas is the real USA.

wowpow
May 5th, 2006, 22:32
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Beachroad.jpg

The tree is still there - now in the middle of Walking Street

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/56289210TJVCOL_fs.jpg

Pattaya Bay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/55018416WdiBYI_ph.jpg

US forces relax

yaraboy
May 6th, 2006, 00:05
Current Cabbages and Condoms property and adjoining one were Meechai V's family holiday home. Likley purchased at least 50 years ago, so some well placed Thais used the area. At that time more would have gone to Hua Hin

wowpow
May 6th, 2006, 07:07
Probably because he had a Scottish mother.

Happy to say the condos are under offer.

May 6th, 2006, 10:08
Probably because he had a Scottish mother.

Happy to say the condos are under offer.

You mean the suites at Cabbages & Condoms are under offer as condos? Or something similar?

Lovely photos of Pattaya by the way!

wowpow
May 6th, 2006, 11:04
"Happy to say the condos are under offer." The View Talay 5 condos that I wish to sell.

May 6th, 2006, 11:35
Oh right :) Congratulations then, Teepee! Actually I've got a mate who is looking for 2 side by side units in VT5, so if you're holding onto any other ones that you would like to sell, do please send me a PM

wowpow
May 12th, 2006, 15:14
Purchaser seems to have disappeared. On sale again.

May 13th, 2006, 16:57
Only the brain dead would want to live in such a ant hill of a building.
I refer to all high rises not just the one in question.

Get a house people. Get a house. Live. See grass. Don't cram yourself in a box on a high floor. L I V E !

Up2U
May 31st, 2006, 11:26
"Purchaser seems to have disappeared. On sale again."...would a prospective farang buyer be able to register this property in his/her own name at the Land Office? I was told View Talay assigns contract numbers and the earliest contract numbers would have preference when registering.

wowpow
May 31st, 2006, 12:32
These units were bought on the second day that View Talay 5 was on sale. I can't see how View Talay can control applications to the Land Registry. They did tell me that they had taken several low floors of sale to ensure that foreigners had no problem in getting ownership. If the recent news about company ownerships is enforced then this is critical.

View taken of the Pattaya side this morning

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/lkj.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/HomeViewTalay5.jpg

Those front units with massive balconies and two walls of windows are going to be spectacular.

May 31st, 2006, 13:03
Some condo developers do guarantee foreign ownership slots. Such as the NorthShore (already sold out for that).
But View Talay does not guarantee foreign ownership slots if buying off the plan, I know this for a fact, because I went in their office and asked, and they couldn't have been more clear about how they couldn't ever make such a guarantee.

Up2U
May 31st, 2006, 14:24
"But View Talay does not guarantee foreign ownership slots if buying off the plan, I know this for a fact, because I went in their office and asked, and they couldn't have been more clear about how they couldn't ever make such a guarantee."...could it be because the project was more than 50% sold-out so they could make no promises? It seems logical that a developer does have control over a new project by simply releasing the units as he chooses. I've been told unofficially that earlier contracts have priority (which only makes sense). Teepee apparently has an early contract so I don't see the problem. Can you envision VT 5 being released all at once then followed by a mad rush by paranoid foreigners to the Land Office?

May 31st, 2006, 14:29
"But View Talay does not guarantee foreign ownership slots if buying off the plan, I know this for a fact, because I went in their office and asked, and they couldn't have been more clear about how they couldn't ever make such a guarantee."...could it be because the project was more than 50% sold-out so they could make no promises? It seems logical that a developer does have control over a new project by simply releasing the units as he chooses. I've been told unofficially that earlier contracts have priority (which only makes sense). Teepee apparently has an early contract so I don't see the problem. Can you envision VT 5 being released all at once then followed by a mad rush by paranoid foreigners to the Land Office?
No, not the case, this inquiry was made at a MUCH EARLIER stage.
This is just how VT operates for new projects (or at least did when I did enquire).

cottmann
May 31st, 2006, 15:22
.....Those front units with massive balconies and two walls of windows are going to be spectacular.

Allowing marvellous opportunities for balcony diving as a spectator sport?

wowpow
June 4th, 2006, 07:33
I was in their sales office a couple of days ago. The information that I get there has varied over time but the latest is:

View Talay 5 completion date is currently late September/early October - maybe

Total sales are around 65% of the beachside property. Of this just over 50% is to foreigners. View Talay get all the properties registered to themselves and then transfer to the puchasers on completion of the finances. Until recently the early purchasers got total ownership and the remainer got an 'off the shelf company ownership' organised by View Talay or made their own company. They have no information on what will happen to those outside the 49% curently and are awaiting a resolution of the current crisis.

I was assured that as an early purchaser I would have no problem in getting the title deeds in my name if I came and concluded the finances as the building was completed for occupancy.

The goods lift is now working and I had a good look around. The main entrance looks very spacious and is all granite and pattern with shop units. The corridors are all granite floored in various colours and very smart. Doors are in dark wood with stainless steel furniture. The windows are in and the tiles to the balconies and bathrooms completed. The exterior painting is almost complete and it looks quite and attractive block - by Pattaya standards!

June 4th, 2006, 07:43
Yes, timing would be critical in such a matter with View Talay, and many owners are out of the country when the time comes and can lose their shot.

Impulse
June 4th, 2006, 07:47
Oh man,September/october,after being moved from june to august.I just booked my flight for August.Screw it Im going to let it sit there till I can go out in January,or maybe I can give power of attorney to a lawyer in my place,better yet maybe ill give the rest due,about1.5 million baht to a money boy. :bounce: Did you sell your units Tee Pee?,they look nice,id have bought those front units but I didnt want to risk that kind of money in thai real estate just yet.Kinda glad I didnt after hearing this last brewhaha.

Up2U
June 4th, 2006, 13:50
"The goods lift is now working and I had a good look around. The main entrance looks very spacious and is all granite and pattern with shop units. The corridors are all granite floored in various colours and very smart. Doors are in dark wood with stainless steel furniture. The windows are in and the tiles to the balconies and bathrooms completed. The exterior painting is almost complete and it looks quite and attractive block - by Pattaya standards!"....Thanks for posting the pics. Perhaps you could post some pics of what you've described if you get the chance.

Up2U
June 4th, 2006, 13:59
"Yes, timing would be critical in such a matter with View Talay, and many owners are out of the country when the time comes and can lose their shot."....Very true. I've purchased a contract at VT 7. View Talay will assist you in setting up a bank account with TMB. I make my monthly contract installments by wiring money to my TMB account and have authorized View Talay to withdraw the monthly installment payment. I would think being in Pattaya at the time VT releases the unit(s) for registration at the Land Office is critical. This is something I don't you can do with Power of Attorney.

wowpow
June 4th, 2006, 14:39
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/HomeViewTalay5thJune2006_9.jpg8th floor corridor June 1st
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/HomeViewTalay5thJune2006_7.jpgJomtien view 8th floor
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/HomeViewTalay5thJune2006.jpg903 - 82 sq meters
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/HomeViewTalay5thJune2006_6.jpg Jomtien view end balcony
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/HomeViewTalay5thJune2006_5.jpg Standard shower-room
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/HomeViewTalay5thJune2006_3.jpg Condo 48 sq meters 804
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/HomeViewTalay5thJune2006_2.jpg Condo 901 + 902 = 140 sq meters

Up2U
June 4th, 2006, 15:22
" photos - is this a good idea?"....Great pics!!! Any of the common areas you described. Thanks!

wowpow
June 4th, 2006, 18:00
No that's your lot for now and I'm off to the UK imminently. I think I have corrected the connection for the 8th floor corridor shot.

Up2U
June 5th, 2006, 01:53
"I think I have corrected the connection for the 8th floor corridor shot."....you have. Thanks!!

dorayme
June 7th, 2006, 09:16
View Talay 5 isn't the best looking building but it is well located and close to public transportation, restaurants and just behind the gay beach. I figure if you live in it you don't have to look at it. It is the best looking of the View Talay's except for View Talay 3 which isn't as well located.

The units come standard with finished bathrooms, tiled balconies and electric outlets. Anyone interested can get a pass from the View Talay office just across Tappraya Road and see the units being sold between the hours of noon and 1 PM.

June 7th, 2006, 09:56
Those "finished" bathrooms look awfully high quality, too.

catawampuscat
June 7th, 2006, 10:09
One of our beloved posters has started up a new AMAZING real estate website and for some reason he is shy about announcing it
unless I missed his posting.. I think it is best to let him tell you himself and will wait for the announcement..
Perhaps some previous postings by this envious lonely asocial outcast were accurate when asserting that commissions and other
renumerations were made to the same beloved poster.. Perhaps some of the other most amazing opportunites to
buy various businesses or make a killing in buying some amazing once in a lifetime opportunity were actually not made out of the goodness of
his heart but to enrich himself and another sucker bites the dust.. I know I can't wait but it is only right to wait for the annoucement of the most
amazing ............

June 7th, 2006, 14:50
I wouldn't be caught seen in an ugly building such as this being shown.. It would strip me of any remaining personality I might have at the time.
The entrance should say "Enter all yee robots here".

wowpow
June 9th, 2006, 14:39
Goodlad, Your comments on the architecture are, unwelcome by me, especially on a trail where I am trying to sell my condos. Are you just naturally unkind?

To my mind the View Talay 5 is quite a pleasant tower block in the Pattaya-Jomtien context. A book on the fine architecture of the City would not have many pages and much the same for Bangkok.

June 9th, 2006, 17:30
Not at all unkind person. I just want to counter your incessant flogging of your property. I want people to realize they have a choice of living in a box or a house. Nothing more. If someone wants to buy your rooms they will buy them. And happy on you for that.

Im far more interested in how someone would buy, with property sales stymied by law now. Or perhaps you have 49 % in the rooms. Goodlad

June 10th, 2006, 00:53
The View Talay blocks are quite ugly, but they are affordable and the insides of the units can be made to be quite lovely. Not all of us are wealthy, so people need to make whatever compromises they need to, and they don't need lectures from elitists.

June 10th, 2006, 01:22
No one needs lectures from you, either.

June 10th, 2006, 01:23
No one needs lectures from you, either.
Agreed, was what I wrote a lecture?

Impulse
June 10th, 2006, 08:07
From the outside they are not attractive but I plan on living inside.I will be forced to look at grand Condotel and pattaya park,and the sea and even Nacklua or whetever its called,not so bad.My view will be as nice as jomptien complex or Jomptien plaza.Tee Pees units will overlook the sea and they are in the front.If they were further back then the new vt 7 might block the views.Id say vt 5 is similar to jomptien beach condos but in a better location.

June 10th, 2006, 08:09
49 percent share condos are the ONLY way a foreigner can fully own real estate in Thailand.
Condos rule!

catawampuscat
June 10th, 2006, 10:50
Sorry, Teepee , but you have a problem shared with many others who want to sell now.. Now, few people are buying and most are
waiting to see how much prices fall.. I think we will start seeing the closure of the hundreds of real estate offices that have opened
in Pattaya in the last year or two..

I think the days of selling condos in new or unfinished developments thru forums like this are finished and you better hire a good
real estate broker who can convince a buyer that the sky has not fallen and it is the right time to buy...
One friend told me he just walked away from a condo he bought but only put down a small down payment..He hadn't done any renovations
yet and his loss was minimal but he got his peace of mind and there is a possibility of a partial refund..
Another option is to rent out the condo for a couple of years and see what the future holds.. Good luck Teepee, I enjoy your informative
postings and hope this works out for you... :cat:

June 10th, 2006, 11:13
[quote="catawampuscat"]One of our beloved posters has started up a new AMAZING real estate website and for some reason he is shy about announcing it
quote]

Please tell us the URL so we can all hav you goodfortune

June 10th, 2006, 16:00
I think we will start seeing the closure of the hundreds of real estate offices that have opened in Pattaya in the last year or two..

Happily it is not that bad, cat -- this was just a case of one wanker developer forgetting what country he was in, and subsequently one local government minister who, feeling that he was losing face, threw all of his toys out of the pram. The signs of it having blown over are already apparent -- land offices being reopened, and no one is being asked to parade in a group of trustees when property changes hands. Just like every other storm in the LOS, this one has blown over and is now well on its way to the Indian ocean.

It's only a pity that this storm blew over so quickly -- it would have been nice if it had cleaned up some of the more useless property agents that have opened in the last few years!

Incidentally, I was having drinks with a few lawyers and offshore banking sorts here in HK on Thursday, and just over a few pints of Tetleys, they could already think of two ways that were 100% legal to buy landed property in the Kingdom (one was to buy the land with two companies with shares in each other, having the balance of shares owned by, say, a BVI registered company... and the other, well, too many pints of Tetleys).