PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in BKK in January??

camperboy
December 10th, 2010, 22:25
:rolling: :rolling:

HELLO!!

It has been a while since I last logged in SGT. I doubt many would remember me even. LOL

Anyway, I am going down to BKK again, in January. Since I would be travelling alone, I thought, would there be anyone in BKK, tourist or expats or locals who would like to go out with me, ya know hang out and chill in cafes....

Would love some company to those gay bars and go go bars hahahah Not that I'm not familiar with them, just that it would be nice with a company for a change.

Let me know ok!!

I have yet to booked a flight from SIN to BKK. Cathay offering good deals. Less than 300sgd for travel during first week of jan. But can only book next week when the moolah is in! lol

So...anyone? hhahah would probably stay in Tawana....

PS: I love TAWAN! :bis: :bis: :bis:

December 11th, 2010, 01:00
he he tourist or expat company in a gay / go go bar in BKK is usually the LAST thing I want as I normally find within two minutes of walking in I instantly have more company than I either want or need ( or can afford !!!) :-) Enjoy your trip !

December 11th, 2010, 03:09
My moolah won't be in for sometime - still unemployed.

camperboy
December 11th, 2010, 06:46
Hahaha

Thanks you both! So cute! lolx :love4:

Just saw an article that happened in Oct about some thugs taking over the carpark in the airport! YIKKES!

The train, is it functioning already? :hello2:

Beachlover
December 11th, 2010, 10:46
I have yet to booked a flight from SIN to BKK. Cathay offering good deals. Less than 300sgd for travel during first week of jan.
$300 with Cathay? You can get it cheaper with Tiger, AirAsia or Jetstar right? Unless you specifically want a full-service airline.

Hotel's in Bangkok look cheap right now. Have fun!

Just saw an article that happened in Oct about some thugs taking over the carpark in the airport! YIKKES!

The train, is it functioning already? :hello2:
That was a dispute with the airport manager and the company, which held a contract to operate the parking facilities.

The airport train is running now... do a search through the last couple of months' threads and you'll find a few threads on it.

camperboy
December 11th, 2010, 12:29
Hi Beachlover

Well, I have checked TG, AA and Jetstar, and boy their prices are crazy!! I mean 200plus for Air Asia... I rather add a little bit more for a full commercial plane. :hello1:

I checked with priceline, its about 254sgd. If i booked with Cathay, its about, 27* sgd.

Just hoping that the prices wont go up that soon! Cos only can book it next week! lol

Beachlover
December 11th, 2010, 22:50
Shit, $200 for AirAsia is insane! I won't check flights now, but you may be right. January, I expect, would be a pretty busy period. If you're seeking value, you might want to price-check other periods like Feb or Mar.

Plus, I have heard rumours and first-hand reports that Singaporeans pay a lot more for these LCC (low-cost carrier) flights to neighbouring countries than foreigners do! I wonder if anyone can confirm this. You poor buggers LOL. I take a lot of regional flights out of Singapore and rarely pay more than $100 for the LCCs. Often it's as little as $50.

camperboy
December 12th, 2010, 20:54
Yeah

usually, for budget airlines, to get good deals, one have to book it like few months in advance. If not, be prepared to pay almost the full cost of a commercial airline!!

Maybe you are right, Singaporeans tend to travel a lot! and i think that the LCC airlines marked up the price! I once remembered travelling to bangkok from KL... i only paid... 100RM!

Beachlover
December 12th, 2010, 21:03
Whenever I book LCC flights from Singapore, I usually do it from Australia before my trip starts. I usually don't pay much at all. I have friends living there who complain it's not as cheap for them to take LCC flights as I make them out to be! So I have this small suspicion you locals get charged more than someone from overseas booking LOL. Never tested out the theory to confirm it though.

I have had a few instances where I noticed Singapore Airlines charging locals more for SG-SYD flights than they charge Australians for SYD-SG. Don't know if that is consistent practice or anecdotal observation though.

camperboy
December 12th, 2010, 22:31
Whenever I book LCC flights from Singapore, I usually do it from Australia before my trip starts. I usually don't pay much at all. I have friends living there who complain it's not as cheap for them to take LCC flights as I make them out to be! So I have this small suspicion you locals get charged more than someone from overseas booking LOL. Never tested out the theory to confirm it though.

I have had a few instances where I noticed Singapore Airlines charging locals more for SG-SYD flights than they charge Australians for SYD-SG. Don't know if that is consistent practice or anecdotal observation though.

Yeap! i think its true now that u mentioned it! i always wonder.... why it is soo expensive with budget... i used to tell myself...never pay more than 100 to bkk. then i increased it to 150. now i gave up hope.. lol...

camperboy
December 12th, 2010, 22:32
looking for bottom guy..anyone care to contact me..
pageme8@hotmail.com

im a pseudo bottom lol....

Beachlover
December 13th, 2010, 16:55
Yeap! i think its true now that u mentioned it! i always wonder.... why it is soo expensive with budget... i used to tell myself...never pay more than 100 to bkk. then i increased it to 150. now i gave up hope.. lol...
Damn!... You locals get a really raw deal! The last few times I flew LCC out of Singapore I don't think I paid more than $100, except for one flight where I paid $150 but that was a low demand route with no other LCCs competing for passengers.

Which end of January are you flying? Is your SGD$300 Cathay fare one-way or return?

I just price checked SG-BKK one way.

For 20 Jan:
- AirAsia: SGD$126
- Tiger: SGD$105
- Jetstar: SGD$147

For 6 Jan:
- AirAsia: SGD$126
- Tiger: SGD$125
- Jetstar: SGD$161

(Includes fees and taxes, but not luggage, insurance or seat selection fees)

Hmmm... That's more than I remember paying for SG to other nearby destinations but it is high season, I suppose.

If your $300 Cathay fare is return then that's great value for a full-service airline. If it's one way then you're better of getting an LCC (if fares booked from SG are the same).

camperboy
December 13th, 2010, 18:03
Hmmm

Am thinking of going early jan. Not end. 3rd Jan to be exact!

And yeap cathay round trip! With priceline, its only 254sgd! Worth it!!

I hope on Friday, the prices wont go up that much...cos tats when i can only buy it hahah

Beachlover
December 13th, 2010, 18:48
Ah ok... 3 Jan is a pretty busy time of the year.

Yeah, $254 for Cathay - full service flight - is fantastic value. Have fun!

If you're young/cute enough, check out DJ Station after 11:30pm too. Lots of good looking boys to chat up there on the ground floor. Really friendly lot.

How did your last Bangkok trip go?

Do you find the gay nightlife in Singapore any good?

the1
December 13th, 2010, 22:30
Beachlover when are you in Thailand next?

When were you last in BKK and do you like to travel around the country ?

December 13th, 2010, 23:58
Beachlover when are you in Thailand next? When were you last in BKK and do you like to travel around the country ?

You want to know a lot for a newby, first post and asking personal questions already, I wonder!!!!!!!!

the1
December 14th, 2010, 00:18
I wonder!

I wonder too, what are you implying?

Every time a NEWBY posts you get suspicious.

This forum is not for just the likes of you to post.

Beachlover seems to know what he is on about. I read his many posts on GayTingTong and here. I have asked him a couple of questions because I don't have the time to go through his posts, isn't this a forum where people ask questions etc?

December 14th, 2010, 01:39
...isn't this a forum where people ask questions etc?

Yes, but they don't necessarily expect a coherent answer.

:occasion9:

December 14th, 2010, 04:47
Yes, but they don't necessarily expect a coherent answer. :occasion9:

I'll drink to that one Scotty....hic ...... :alc:

Beachlover
December 14th, 2010, 16:39
I was in Thailand less than 6 months ago and will be back in less than 6 months time... hic!

lexusgs
December 16th, 2010, 01:01
I wonder!

I wonder too, what are you implying?

Every time a NEWBY posts you get suspicious.

This forum is not for just the likes of you to post.

Beachlover seems to know what he is on about. I read his many posts on GayTingTong and here. I have asked him a couple of questions because I don't have the time to go through his posts, isn't this a forum where people ask questions etc?

Yes I agree with you mate. I was beginning to get slightly paranoid if new members were allowed to post. I have had several of my posts removed recently when replying to Beachy....I mean I'm a genuine guy where I use the same profile...can't I be slightly critical without arousing suspicion.....lol :drunken:

camperboy
December 17th, 2010, 22:02
HARLOW!!

Finally have booked a flight to bkk on the first week of JAN! staying at tawana hotel!

come to think of it...im actually going there... for the tawan guys! YIKES!! lol

camperboy
December 17th, 2010, 22:15
Ah ok... 3 Jan is a pretty busy time of the year.

Yeah, $254 for Cathay - full service flight - is fantastic value. Have fun!

If you're young/cute enough, check out DJ Station after 11:30pm too. Lots of good looking boys to chat up there on the ground floor. Really friendly lot.

How did your last Bangkok trip go?

Do you find the gay nightlife in Singapore any good?

yeap!! but i decided to book through cathay direct. abt 274sgd. lol

Well, I think i am cute enough for the clubbing scene, but i do nto want to got there alone.. hahah kinda feel like a loser.. lol

My last trip was quite ok. went with a str8 girlfriend. so culdnt really have fun! but managed to off one guy though for 2 hours.. lol

Beachlover
December 17th, 2010, 22:21
Cool!... Glad you had fun.

Ah, the gay clubs in BKK aren't like the gay clubs in Singapore. In Singapore I kind of hesitate to go alone because it's not always easy to meet someone friendly. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Last time I went, it didn't go so well. But in Bangkok it's no problem!... Thai boys are super friendly. I think they're more inclined to chat to you and introduce you to their friends if they see you're alone. Never have any problems meeting up with a group off Thai boys and getting to know them...

Have fun!

December 17th, 2010, 23:19
will spend Late Jan and Feb in BKK and Phuket..want to meet and play.
am white from California 58yrs old 185 lbs 6' tall hairy body

Beachlover
December 18th, 2010, 14:54

BadBoyBilly, you big lardy degenerate... What's your obsession with people from California?

December 18th, 2010, 17:42

BadBoyBilly, you big lardy degenerate... What's your obsession with people from California?

Maybe he has had fun with 'Manfucker'

Beachlover
December 18th, 2010, 20:00
No, apparently Manfucker (Undaunted) and BadBoyBilly don't get along on GBT. He called BadBoyBilly a "flooder" LOL.

December 18th, 2010, 20:45
beachlover...looks like you do not like anyone? Hey why...how did you get thru life without any friends?
what is wrong with California? get real..if you are a Thai you can not come here..
Sorry to say you need help...

krobbie
December 19th, 2010, 08:38
If anyone is able to decipher what letaplay is talking about could you let me know?

Cheers

camperboy
December 19th, 2010, 22:15
what is happening here? lolx

Beachlover
December 20th, 2010, 21:07
Just typical SGT banter... ignore it, less it corrupt your innocent mind, sweet Camperboy LOL.

camperboy
December 21st, 2010, 08:39
two more weeks!!! and im in BANGKOK!!! YAY!!

i tink the govt used thai charms on tourists....so that we will fall in love with bkk...lol

Beachlover
December 21st, 2010, 20:54
LOL Camperboy... No, Thai people are just naturally like that. Very charming, friendly and lots of fun.

They are kind of the opposite of Singaporeans who are very keen on rules and efficency so you know what they say... opposites attract! :happy7:

Have fun! Tell us what you get up to. Don't be shy to check out the discos/clubs. I always go alone and never have any problem meeting cute boys. Thai boys are so friendly and often they will chat to you and invite you to join their group if they see you are alone.

krobbie
December 22nd, 2010, 00:19
two more weeks!!! and im in BANGKOK!!! YAY!!

i tink the govt used thai charms on tourists....so that we will fall in love with bkk...lol

I arrive in BKK tomorrow and will let you just how charmed I am. What I don't find in the least bit charming is the Red Shirt rally 2 x a month at Ratchaprasong intersection. When I was last here in may the last week we had to be inside our hotels at 7.30pm due to riots by the same little darlings. They believe this is how democracy works. Oh dear, still a long way to go.

However, that aside I am excited and thrilled to be on my way, even after so many visits.

Cheers,
krobbie

camperboy
December 29th, 2010, 17:28
hi krobbie!

Hows Bangkok thus far since your arrival? Will you still be in Bangkok next week?

I will be arriving on the 4th! Lolx but sadly will leave on the 6th.

I cannot wait!!!!

Beachlover
December 29th, 2010, 18:28
Ah... only two nights, Camper? Stay longer and get more value out of your flight. Have fun!

krobbie
December 30th, 2010, 11:39
Weather in BKK has been great. Warm days and cool (certainly not cold) nights. Swimming pool a little frigid at this time of year as temps lower than in Summer (rainy season). Just have to grin and bear it.

Quick side trip overnight to Jomtien as needed to catch up with esteemed moderator and have dinner. Great fun.

Also met up with a few from SGT and some past SGT posters. All good fun. Telephone and Balcony seem to be doing a brisk trade on the few nights we have been there.

Cannot inform as to fuck shows as just not my thing.

Here until January 8th.

Cheers

camperboy
December 31st, 2010, 13:16
Do you think I need to pay for any fees if i were to bring guys back to Tawana Hotel?

Beachlover
January 1st, 2011, 09:19
Don't know about Tawana specifically, but I don't think you should need to pay any extra "joiners" fees to bring a guest back to any hotel in Bangkok. If so, find another hotel.

January 1st, 2011, 10:06
Camperboy, after Bangkok, you may need to plan a trip to Manila, specifically Hunk's Touch:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/macaroni21_2008/sawatdee_gt/hunkstouch_rexric_124.jpg

Above pic (edited by me) from http://caloy73.wordpress.com/2010/12/17 ... for-hunks/ (http://caloy73.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/a-haven-for-hunks/)

camperboy
January 1st, 2011, 10:18
OMG! I love that guy's size! lolx

actually, i wanted to plan for Manila this time round. But i was quite worried as it would be my first time and usually i do not go to a foreign place alone first. I actually managed to keep in touch with "spice charlie" one of the models for Powermen..... and was supposed to meet up with him... but i guess, not. lol

So, decided to book to BKK. something that i am familiar with....

Can't believe a 25yr old guy like me is a sucker for bodybuilders lol....

camperboy
January 1st, 2011, 10:20
Don't know about Tawana specifically, but I don't think you should need to pay any extra "joiners" fees to bring a guest back to any hotel in Bangkok. If so, find another hotel.

Yeah joiners fee! that was the word i was looking for! lolx

managed to googled "joiners fee tawana". Seems that tawana does not require guests to pay the fee.

But, how will the procedure be like? Do i bring him to the reception? Or can i just bring him up? Since its double occupancy....? Any advice?

Beachlover
January 1st, 2011, 11:48
Hehe... what's up with that? You're like REALLY into them aren't you? LOL

I think there's a lot of muscle boys in Singapore. Have you ever been to Taboo Club (Singapore) on a Saturday night? There's often a big group of muscle boys on the dance floor and they like to take each others' shirts off.

I like fit boys but BIG muscles aren't my type.

how will the procedure be like? Do i bring him to the reception? Or can i just bring him up? Since its double occupancy....? Any advice?
Don't know about "procedure" there but if I bring a guest back to my hotel I usually just walk in and take them straight to the lift and my room and no one stops me. If you're concerned about security, you can ask reception to hold his ID card for you. Some hotels will call you over and ask the boy to do that anyway, more so if he looks like a working boy.

camperboy
January 1st, 2011, 12:00
Yeah, what's up with that? You're like REALLY into them aren't you? LOL

I think there's a lot of muscle boys in Singapore. Have you ever been to Taboo Club (Singapore) on a Saturday night? There's often a big group of muscle boys on the dance floor and they like to take each others' shirts off.

I like fit boys but BIG muscles aren't my type.

how will the procedure be like? Do i bring him to the reception? Or can i just bring him up? Since its double occupancy....? Any advice?
Don't know about "procedure" there but if I bring a guest back to my hotel I usually just walk in and take them straight to the lift and my room and no one stops me. If you're concerned about security, you can ask reception to hold his ID card for you. Some hotels will call you over and ask the boy to do that anyway, more so if he looks like a working boy.

hahah yeah. Been to the gay clubs here in Singapore. Yeap, they are definitely hot! But somehow, local guys, do not have its charm. LOL

Hmm, maybe shld just try to bring the guy back then. Hope they don't stop me or anything. Might be embarassing lol

Beachlover
January 1st, 2011, 12:18
Oh, you're worried they'll stop you and thinking about getting a short time room instead?

This is Bangkok... probably the last place in the world where someone will stop you bringing an unregistered guest back to your room!

It's unlikely they'll stop you. And if they do, don't be embarrassed. The "gay" thing is a pretty moot point in Thailand, not a big deal like it is in Singapore. And if they happen to realise he's a gogo boy they won't care and there isn't so much taboo associated with it. They see it every day. Just have fun. You can be yourself in Thailand more easily than in Singapore. You're also a "wealthy foreigner" so you have some status there.

camperboy
January 1st, 2011, 12:35
Yeah. I do not see the point in getting a short time hotel when my hotel is just next to Tawan.

By the way, how much do I need to pay if I need the guy to stay for the night? :idea:

Beachlover
January 1st, 2011, 12:44
Pay they guy? I don't know.

Pay the hotel. Should be nothing. If they ask for a "joiners fee", make a complaint and resist paying.