View Full Version : My Way - Paradise - Phuket

jinks
December 10th, 2010, 12:00
The name is right, My Way, Khum Bon the owner does do it his way.

Sober last night and with a very nice back, he stood directly in front of me for 10 minutes during the show.

Show ? A mock narrative of, I'm told, Thailand's Law Giver. 20 minutes of "music" = wailing cats and drums. Cast in beads more like Lao traditional dress, with set "traditional" poses.

Laughing when they failed to stay still on one leg, or nearly poking out an eye with the prostetic finger nails.

This was followed by Khun Bon leading to the stage a "real" lady to dance with the Kathoy artiste.

The number boys were the older set wiggling in jeans. Advertised as "Man Show"

Back to the naff show at Tangmo tonight. Which everyone knows I enjoy.

Beachlover
December 10th, 2010, 13:23
I agree Jinks... I wondered over to check out the My Way Show earlier this year, more for want of a quick drink before bed, and the show was unwatchable. I had two scotch on the rocks and then had to leave half-way through the horrible performance.

Not only is it terrible. It just goes on and on! You sit through one painfully slow number and you think, oh well, the next one will be a bit more lively. Then the next number turns out to be slow too! And then the one after...

Patexpat
December 10th, 2010, 14:43
Yes agree about the owner - he has been prancing around there ruining what was a good show for years - always irritated the hell out of me! Shame to hear the show has gone down hill, it used to be quite good .... whereas Tangmo was always cheap and nasty as far as I was concerned ..... and of course Madame Tangmo is a legend in his own lunchtime too ....

jinks
December 10th, 2010, 17:15
It was put to me this way several years ago.....

http://www.jinkscorp.com/hols/thai/phuket/tangmo05/images/tangmo2_jpg.jpg

December 10th, 2010, 17:49
I refuse to go into My Way precisely because of "mine host"

I would like to shove that microphone so far up his arse you'd hear both his brain cells working.

And as if HE himself isn't bad enough, the loud and annoying "in-crowd" of resident farangs who infest the bar area ought to be sprayed with DDT like the pests they are.

And the show is shite.

Apart from that, it's alright.

:rolling: :rolling:

krobbie
December 11th, 2010, 04:18
Each time I go to Phuket I give My Way another try in case there is something different or hoping the owner may have gone hoarse ... but no such luck. It's when he starts getting pissed he really annoys me (more than usual that is).

Enjoy your night in Tangmo. It can be fun. The show isn't great but it's okay and they do there best but there's always fun to be had.

Cheers Jinks,
krobbie

Beachlover
December 11th, 2010, 10:26
Each time I go to Phuket I give My Way another try...
Yeah, that's what I do. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as the last time but each time it's actually worse!

I actually don't mind the boss and his antics... It's just that the show is absolutely terrible.

bing
December 15th, 2010, 04:44
It sounds like many do not care for My Way, yet when I visited there, I found the greeter boy to my liking and had him sit with me and found he spoke English as well as I do and was so cute to boot. I took him on the Chinese Junk to James Bond Island and then to Phi Phi a few days later and an elephant ride as well. To heck with the bar, I met a wonderful boy and he is what made My Way, my joint of choice while in Phuket. Do you go to see the shows at any bar or to meet the boys. I am a seeker of the boys admittedly. I found My Way to be a gold mine of my type of boys. As I recall I did see a show one time and could not get back outside the front door and back to my boys, ah yes, there were more than one that caught my attention.

asdsrfr-old
April 18th, 2011, 11:53
I was in MyWay last night. I saw this drunk guy prancing around, shouting, half heartedly trying to direct the show and I kept on thinking that this was a drunk tourist and when is someone going to throw him out of the bar! I realize now that this was the owner everyone is referring to. All I can say is wow. I was driven out of the bar by his antics before I finished my first beer.

lonelywombat
April 18th, 2011, 12:08
Sad to admit I do end up there when I cannot find anything to my fancy at other bars. I have have seen so many embarrassing incidents there when the fool was rotten drunk, including when one of the performers who was circulating through the crowd as part of the act, he came from behind and took the boys cock out and invited people to feel.

At times I have wanted badly for a dancer to lose his temper and hit him. Secretly I think that is more the reason I go there, but I usually do well with the go go boys, when they stand around watching the show. It is also the place where I have a lot of success with waiters.

As I usually go at Xmas the go go boys are usually off quickly, I tee up a waiter to come with me after closing, quietly sit back with a drink from an attentive waiter, and it has been most rewarding.

Beachlover
April 18th, 2011, 18:51
I was in MyWay last night. I saw this drunk guy prancing around, shouting, half heartedly trying to direct the show and I kept on thinking that this was a drunk tourist and when is someone going to throw him out of the bar! I realize now that this was the owner everyone is referring to. All I can say is wow...

I have have seen so many embarrassing incidents there when the fool was rotten drunk, including when one of the performers who was circulating through the crowd as part of the act, he came from behind and took the boys cock out and invited people to feel.
Wow... I've been to My Way many times, agree the manager is bad and have seen him get a bit tipsy (even bought him a drink once) and shout directions to the performers mid-show but I've never seen it get as bad as what you guys describe.

None of the shows are really "sexy" shows and unlike other gogo bars none of the performers are doubling up as gogo boys as far as I know (though I could well be wrong about this) so getting a performers cock out... how the hell did he get away with this, Lonely?

lonelywombat
April 18th, 2011, 19:38
None of the shows are really "sexy" shows and unlike other gogo bars none of the performers are doubling up as gogo boys as far as I know (though I could well be wrong about this) so getting a performers cock out... how the hell did he get away with this, Lonely?

I dont understand how they are paid but the boy must have stood to lose a lot of money if he resisted. Xmas /New Year ,a months salary and tips?

Beachlover
April 18th, 2011, 20:09
Well yeah, I don't know the ramifications of the performer resisting but the point I was making is I thought most of the performers in the My Way show aren't sex workers like the gogo boys and waiters... They're just dancers/performers who perform in the show and then go home (unlike other bars where sometimes the performers are also offable gogo boys) so it seems a bit outrageous to take a performer's cock out. Maybe I'm wrong to assume that.

rincondog
April 19th, 2011, 03:11
I can't imagine why anyone would still be going to see MY Way show. The best shows in Phuket are at Boat Bar and Kiss. Granted neither has big soft cushioned sofas or chairs to sit on, however, the shows are well done and the performers are enthusiastic.

lonelywombat
April 19th, 2011, 12:54
Did you go to Boat bar just for the show? We met a guy that went with his BF with no interest in offing a boy.

Are the dancers/waiters at Boat offable? Personally I rarely go just for the show anywhere unless I have had a matinee that day.

newalaan
April 19th, 2011, 22:32
Each time I go to Phuket I give My Way another try in case there is something different or hoping the owner may have gone hoarse ... but no such luck. It's when he starts getting pissed he really annoys me (more than usual that is).Yes I agree krobbie. I was last in Phuket in October last year, put in an appearance to give it 'another try', but My Way was the quietest i've ever seen it. A couple of the skits were ok, but it must be frustrating being a gogo boy there as they are hardly on stage. The owner was unfortunately not hoarse that night either.
Enjoy your night in Tangmo. It can be fun. The show isn't great but it's okay and they do there best but there's always fun to be had.This was another place I got a shock. I've been going here for years and always a very busy place with plenty of nice twinky boys, and good 'crack' with the mamasan/waiters..but in October i was the only customer in the place, and about 20 boys, maybe about 3-4 of 'my type' it was very depressing. The host/outdoor bars were VERY busy that visit but the agogos were very poor.

Best fun I had was on the Galaxy Disco/club soi, where they have a few karaokes and a very nice modern, well decorated with nice sofas, host boy/karaoke bar for mixed sex to take off the very attractive cute boys who work there as hosts. Had a shower show, about 50-50 mix male/female which to be honest was ok, as the boys gave equal attention to customers. A couple of the guys there i considered to be str8, were very happy to be in our gay company in Galaxy and elsewhere later on. Also in the soi is Issan La(n)Prao? which is an Issan theme bar with the Issan show. A really good mix of guys here too, all out for fun. Galaxy itself with an excellent live band was still as good as ever, and lots of gay guys looking for hook ups after 2am. Kiss was good too, as was Boat Bar.

Khor tose
April 20th, 2011, 12:50
Went to My Way once when I was in Phuket. Never again--enough said.

krobbie
April 20th, 2011, 15:36
I have to agree newalaan that Galaxy is by far the best fun you can have with your clothes on in Phuket.

I went on my birthday (not 21) with another board member. What a riot. I have never been approached by so many very desirable young men in one evening. It was all going swimmingly until his girl-friend through up in the tuk tuk. It only got funnier from there on and that's not the last time I have seen this man or his partner. Still bloody hilarious couple.

Cheers
krobbie