PDA

View Full Version : Advice sought - Balitaya Resort in Pattaya

RonanTheBarbarian
December 8th, 2010, 05:57
Hi all,

I am arriving in Pattaya in January and was contemplating getting a room in the Balitaya Resort. It is in behind the Welcome Inn Plaza - looks to be about a five minute walk from Boyztown.

Has anybody stayed in it before and got any comments?

December 8th, 2010, 07:40
Never stayed there, it's too new.
Located on a Soi which is connecting Soi Bukhaow with 2nd Road.
Surrounded by loads of brand new developments; there might be a chance of construction activities nearby.

Indeed, a 5 minute walk to BoyzTown as well as to the Tuesday and Friday-Market on Soi Buakhow and TukCom.
5 minute walk to The Avenue with Cinema, WOW California Fitness and brandnew mobile shopping-area.

It's away from the crowd, but within walking-distance to it.

Don't know about the hotel itself, but again, it isn't old so there should be no problem.

RonanTheBarbarian
December 9th, 2010, 06:26
Hi Joseph.

Thanks for your reply. The place seems to fairly new and of good quality alright.

I was more wondering of whether it was the sort of place where there are a lot of families or not, where me coming back with a guy from the bar would be a noticed and get stares, etc.

Given where it is, I would presume that it has a lot of single guest who partake of the nightlife, and joiners are not a problem, but it would be handy to get a report from someonw who stayed there.

Beachlover
December 9th, 2010, 19:32
I doubt you would get stares for coming back with a boy or girl younger than yourself anywhere in Pattaya... that place has a real "anything goes" atmosphere. The families and kids will see a whole lot more if they go for a short stroll down the road.

lexusgs
December 9th, 2010, 20:29
Ronan,

There is a Mercure Hotel next door which costs around the same but is a full service hotel. Might be worth a look. No issue there with guests.
Hope that helps.

colmx
December 10th, 2010, 00:59
Hi Ronan
The Balitaya is on a very dark road - although a new 7-11 has opened with teh aforementioned new developements in the area
The road that runs along side it on the map is little more than a dirt track and would not look out of place in Issan!
There is construction ongoing on at least 2 sides of the resort ....

BF says that he would never stay in either of those hotels (especially the Mercure)

For years it was an empty shell and "loads of murders" happened there...

Of course that is probably an urban myth... but still enough to put off a potetntial bedmate (that is familiar with Pattaya) from staying there.

Personally i would not stay in either

lexusgs
December 10th, 2010, 03:08
ColmX

Are you for real mate? Since when is some Pattaya bedmate not gonna go to your hotel when he's getting paid....you must be some ugly mother mate :laughing3:

colmx
December 10th, 2010, 04:11
ColmX

Are you for real mate? Since when is some Pattaya bedmate not gonna go to your hotel when he's getting paid....you must be some ugly mother mate :laughing3:

Or maybe its that you are some prehistoric caveman that has to knock his bedmate home and drag them home to his cave!

If you knew anything about Thailand or Thai people - you would know that they are very fussy about where they will sleep... especially if they think someone has died in the place they are sleeping. No matter how handsome or rich you are!

There are several such ghost hotels in Pattaya, the Best Western near Bali hai and Mercure are notable hotels for this phenomenon (as is the Ambiance)... A superstitious Thai person would not cross the doorstep of these establishments...

lexusgs
December 10th, 2010, 04:25
ColmX

Or maybe its that you are some prehistoric caveman that has to knock his bedmate home and drag them home to his cave!

If you knew anything about Thailand or Thai people - you would know that they are very fussy about where they will sleep... especially if they think someone has died in the place they are sleeping. No matter how handsome or rich you are!

There are several such ghost hotels in Pattaya, the Best Western near Bali hai and Mercure are notable hotels for this phenomenon (as is the Ambiance)... A superstitious Thai person would not cross the doorstep of these establishments...

Mate,

To be honest yeh I have quite an experienced background with regard to Thailand. I have lived and worked there for a number of years. Still never come across any guys in Pattaya who would refuse to take the cash under any circumstances. Don't think you have a monopoly on understanding Thai culture mate. Don't be so prickly about my opinion man. I respect yours no worries. Cheers