PDA

View Full Version : Going to Hua Hin in April, 2011

December 6th, 2010, 17:34
and planning to off a boy from BKK to accompany me while I am in Hua Hin. Just a question that is it possible to off a boy for a long time, say a week ? How much should I be expecting to pay ? Thanks for reading.

krobbie
December 7th, 2010, 00:13
They have perfectly lovely young men in Hua Hin. Why take coal to New Castle?

Smiles
December 7th, 2010, 10:12
They have perfectly lovely young men in Hua Hin. Why take coal to New Castle?
Bangkok has more pieces of coal to inspect and choose from.
Hua Hin does indeed have some luscious guys, but I'd be exaggerating if I told someone to come on down the water's fine ... the general 'availability' is hardly Bangkok-like.

Hua Hin has just recently lost 'Guys Bar', finally succumbing to a lack of customers which was pretty obvious these last two years. It's been bought, and will soon open under a different name and, sadly, will employ ladies, not men.

'Little Choices', 'Red Indian', and 'SM Bar' are the three gay venues left standing right now, but Little Choices success is pretty decent evidence that a good gay bar, with things to do, with nice ambience, very friendly staff, can succeed in Hua Hin. Only been open since last April and out-customers the other two by a wide margin.

'The Blue Angel' is still hanging in there, but it has little to do with 'gay stuff' and everything to do with attracting straights into delving into the dark Other Side ... i.e. screeching Ladyboys in incredibly tacky frocks lip-synching Cher/Lady Gaga/Bette Midler and flogging booze at obscene markups. If you like that stuff ... (jinks take note).

jinks
December 7th, 2010, 11:35
[b][color=#40BFFF] and flogging booze at obscene markups. If you like that stuff ... (jinks take note).

Noted, however, one of these days I'll check it out for myself.

Alaan
December 7th, 2010, 20:27
and planning to off a boy from BKK to accompany me while I am in Hua Hin. Just a question that is it possible to off a boy for a long time, say a week ? How much should I be expecting to pay ? Thanks for reading

Im not sure if it is just as straight forward as offering an amount that would cover all types of boys and all boys expectations. If it were a gay femme type boy from Pattaya who is more likely to be happy with the sex side of things Bt10,000 for a week would probably be eagerly accepted. Without knowing more about the kind of boy you are attracted to it is difficult to offer any suitable advice.

However Bangkok-based Thai gay-kings or manly types or pay-for-gay types might be looking for more than that as it may be they have to be more professional when it comes to the sex bit, and if they are popular in Bkk they can get decent short time payments without having to stay full time with a farang.

There are also boys who like to get away for a 'holiday' from the day-to-day daily bar routine, so might be keener than others. Without knowing more about the kind of guys you are attracted to it is difficult to offer an accross-the-board amount which might suit all the guys you find attractive.

Any reason you have targeted Hua Hin for a weeks holiday? Having visitied a couple of times for a day its not the kind of place I would feel totally comfortable strolling around with a younger Thai boy. It is full to the brim with holidaying european straights and other western coulpes, mainly middle-aged, as per the straight areas of Patong, Phuket along with their frowning attitude....only unlike Patong Hua-hin has no gay areas to feel comfortable in if you get bored with the stares and disapproving looks.

It is not something which actually bothers me enough not go where I want, but when on holiday i just cant be bothered with having to deal with it, more from the uncomfortable position it probably puts the boy you are with in. However if it is a nice beach area you are after Cha-am is but 20km further along the coast (north of Hu-hin) with the more care free attitude as you normally get with a place 99% Thai.

Just my opinion.

Smiles
December 8th, 2010, 10:22
" ... Just a question that is it possible to off a boy for a long time, say a week ? How much should I be expecting to pay? ... "
You'll have to pay the bar the daily off-fee for every day the guy is away from his bar (I think it's in the 300-400 baht range these days). Then you'll have to come to an agreement with the boy (NOT the bar) on a daily amount. I'd think most guys would be pretty happy with a daily amount in the 1000-2000 range. Negotiable.
You'll also be paying for all food costs and miscellaneous 'other'. Not insignificant.

Pay no heed to silly comments (above) describing Hua Hin's imagined tight-assedness regarding walking around with a younger Thai man. It will hardly ever happen, and in the one or two odd cases which you might imagine it's happening, ignore it.
We walk around day in and day out together in Hua Hin, are well-known as a couple, have never (not once) in the years we've co-habited here, received a negative word ... 'looks' don't count.
Thais don't give a fig, and tourists have better things to bother about.

December 8th, 2010, 16:41
22-30 years old, light skin, boyish face. Well, I would like to go to Hua Hin and spend time in hotel room for a long long time, just to relax. Nothing to do in particular, except other than going out at night, etc.