View Full Version : New luxury Dusit in Phuket. B-Lay Tong Breakaway

lonelywombat
December 3rd, 2010, 06:23
Dusit club members will have received this by email overnight. At 6500 baht per night it might have limited appeal to some posters. It looks fantastic and appears to be in Patong.
Any positive comments please, I know the usual suspects will be along quickly with their sidesplitting one liners.

There appear to be great deals on google including 75% off

I dont know how to make the att larger, but it gives you a start.

[attachment=0:2lk6j2nb]B-Yourself_final.jpg[/attachment:2lk6j2nb]

December 3rd, 2010, 17:44
[quote="lonelywombat"]Dusit club members will have received this by email overnight. At 6500 baht per night it might have limited appeal to some posters. It looks fantastic and appears to be in Patong.
Any positive comments please, I know the usual suspects will be along quickly with their sidesplitting one liners.

You seem to know everything about Thailand, are you active in the tourism industry?

December 3rd, 2010, 18:33
Dusit club members will have received this by email overnight. At 6500 baht per night it might have limited appeal to some posters. It looks fantastic and appears to be in Patong.

You seem to know everything about Thailand, are you active in the tourism industry?

Disseminating information gives the Wombat a sense of purpose.

Bless.

:occasion9:

December 3rd, 2010, 19:03

Unlike you Undaunted Lonely attempts to pass on information that some might find useful!

Beachlover
December 3rd, 2010, 19:35
Cool. I didn't know Dusit D2 opened or took over a new property. I like the jacuzzi on the balconies - not much privacy though. Location's a bit far from the central area of Patong Beach (Phuket gets really hot and it becomes a bitch to walk anywhere...).

I like the D2 concept... the D2 Hotel in Pattaya looks cool, I've yet to try it out.

6,000-10,000 baht/night is over my price ceiling though...

December 4th, 2010, 00:19

Disseminating information gives the Wombat a sense of purpose.

Bless.

:occasion9:

Now how can Combat also get a "sense of purpose"?

lonelywombat
December 4th, 2010, 03:00

No really when you stay in a Dusit Hotel they add you to their mailing lists.Surely you get special offers from Howards and Twoguys.

December 4th, 2010, 04:07

No really when you stay in a Dusit Hotel they add you to their mailing lists.Surely you get special offers from Howards and Twoguys.

Thanks for your reply. I've had a condo in Pattaya for a few years now so i do not have need for a hotel room here. When I travel to Chiang Mai etc. I just get the best rate online i can ...And I watch Air Asia promotions.Just got a good promotion to Shrilanka in Feb. I do not like to sign up for special offers as they just seem to flood you with emails.

lonelywombat
December 4th, 2010, 05:51
Cool. I didn't know Dusit D2 opened or took over a new property. I like the jacuzzi on the balconies - not much privacy though. Location's a bit far from the central area of Patong Beach (Phuket gets really hot and it becomes a bitch to walk anywhere...).

I like the D2 concept... the D2 Hotel in Pattaya looks cool, I've yet to try it out.

6,000-10,000 baht/night is over my price ceiling though...

I have never paid more than 3300 at d2 as they usually do "stay 4 nights get 4 nights free"
That does not include free nights at weekends so you get some funny costings.

The deluxe king is small but very smart. see the link.
http://www.dusit.com/en/hotels/thailand ... xe_42.html (http://www.dusit.com/en/hotels/thailand/pattaya/dusitd2/rooms/deluxe_42.html)
The shower is a see thru glass wall which gives the impression of the room being bigger than it is.

Last trip that I stayed there the open walkways meant I got soaked walking to my room
during a storm.

In BKK I prefer Dusit or Sofitel and decide on what is on offer at the time.

Timeout I also own a condo which I let during our summer here in OZ. When that is occupied and I am travelling by myself, I like to use the lease monies to give myself some comfort. I do enjoy Poseiden.

fedssocr
December 4th, 2010, 08:37
I stayed at the D2 Pattaya last month. I decided to splurge on a suite since it was only 4 nights. Huge room. Some quirks I had a hard time getting used to. A big round jacuzzi tub was an interesting novelty but I didn't use it. If you book well in advance the rates are not too bad, but obviously not as cheap as most other places in town. Stay in a suite and you get free breakfast and a spa treatment. I liked the place but would probably choose a regular room next time.

Beachlover
December 5th, 2010, 16:57
After going through 15 user names here (all banned/deleted) have you? That is, after you won the "world's creepiest internet dating profile" award.

Beachlover
December 5th, 2010, 17:04
I have never paid more than 3300 at d2 as they usually do "stay 4 nights get 4 nights free"
That does not include free nights at weekends so you get some funny costings.

The deluxe king is small but very smart. see the link.
http://www.dusit.com/en/hotels/thailand ... xe_42.html (http://www.dusit.com/en/hotels/thailand/pattaya/dusitd2/rooms/deluxe_42.html)
The shower is a see thru glass wall which gives the impression of the room being bigger than it is.

Last trip that I stayed there the open walkways meant I got soaked walking to my room
during a storm.

In BKK I prefer Dusit or Sofitel and decide on what is on offer at the time.
Yeah, I like the Dusit or Sofitel in BKK too. Sofitel has much nicer rooms/facilities/lounge inside but Dusit has best location and view.

For the D2 in Pattaya, the only reason I'd stay there is for the funky looking Suite or the D'Suite - both with a sexy-looking jacuzzi behind the bed! Otherwise I would stay near Jomtien. D2 doesn't have much more going for it... too far from the beach and does seem like it has much of a view of anything.

December 5th, 2010, 18:13
After going through 15 user names here (all banned/deleted) have you? That is, after you won the "world's creepiest internet dating profile" award.

I can't believe it is reward time already, time flies doesn't it? ....Ok with all that goes with it Beechlover you are rewarded "The I need constant recognition award" for everything I'm really not!........ :occasion9:

Beachlover
December 5th, 2010, 18:45
How about the "I'm the creepiest prostitute seeking bare backing lard arse farang living in Thailand" award? That one's made for you, "Undaunted"!

witchhunt
December 11th, 2010, 16:37
Just seen this post. I went there for a Rotary function some months back and I agree it is a stunning place.

The poolside restaurant is almost a secret and we have been back for pizza several times. Rooms are small but tres trendy.

December 11th, 2010, 17:19
I can't believe it is reward time already, time flies doesn't it? :

We wouldn't know Undaunted but can only presume that time would indeed fly if one spent most of it drunk, as many posters have noted that you do when sitting in The Corner Bar.

witchhunt
December 11th, 2010, 17:26

We wouldn't know Undaunted but can only presume that time would indeed fly if one spent most of it drunk, as many posters have noted that you do when sitting in The Corner Bar.

Combat you are becoming more childish with every post. What has this to do with the Dusit in Pattaya or in Phuket.
It you are to have a schoolgirl hissy fit with each other for GODS sake do it by PM. Stop ruining this forum with your shit.

December 11th, 2010, 17:31

Combat you are becoming more childish with every post. What has this to do with the Dusit in Pattaya or in Phuket.
It you are to have a schoolgirl hissy fit with each other for GODS sake do it by PM. Stop ruining this forum with your shit.

Perhaps you should refer to the original 'high-jacker' who had yet another go at Beachlover by refering to "Reward time" which of course has a lot to do with the original post!