PDA

View Full Version : make sure he always wears his crash helmet!

Patexpat
November 29th, 2010, 11:30
If you ever needed to drum in to your bf that he must always wear his helmey whilst driving his bike, this is it. My bf was hit by a 'hit and run' driver on Sukhumvit last night. X-rays determined that he sustained no fractures, but has scrapes and heavy bruising and so will be in some discomfort for some time. However, having seen the helmet he was wearing I am convinced he would have been in the morgue without it.

BTW the car left it's passenger side door mirror behind (such was the force of the collision) so if, by any miracle, Pattaya residents spot a dark metallic grey car missing a passenger side mirror I would be most interested to hear about it! Take a photo of the plate if you can! I know, a long shot but wonders sometimes do happen!

And moreover, ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET

Beachlover
November 29th, 2010, 14:39
I am convinced he would have been in the morgue without it.
Ouch... must've been a worrying moment for you.

If he had any doubt before, I hope he's convinced he's got to wear the helmet at all times now!

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. What was his reaction to seeing the helmet?

Patexpat
November 29th, 2010, 15:11
What was his reaction to seeing the helmet?

'I think I die already'

yes, he is pretty shaken up at mo ... thank you for your concern ...

francois
November 29th, 2010, 20:47
Regrettably they wear their helmets but do not secure them. But I will continue to push this issue with the bf.

November 29th, 2010, 22:06
50% of the helmets they wear , would not be allowed in a lot of places out side of thailand

November 29th, 2010, 22:14
50% of the helmets they wear , would not be allowed in a lot of places out side of thailand

That is so true, so if your bf rides a bike and you want him to stay safe get him a proved and tested helmet preferably from abroad.