PDA

View Full Version : Very late high seasion?

ozcamo-old
November 28th, 2010, 09:51
I was walking around Silom last night and I could not help but notice the amount of tourists are not anything like the time the last 2 years. While numbers are up its not even half what it was last year and i suspect its not going to be a record breaker.

Many of the business owners are expecting a late tide of customers to come in from early December but i just cant see it. I have friends coming and was able to get them hotel bookings for New Years in a Silom hotel. This was a real shock as its always too late for this any other year.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Beachlover
November 28th, 2010, 10:27
That's interesting. Lets see how it goes. It is still November. It should get busier in December and January is usually busier or quite busy right?

With all the shit that happened earlier this year it's natural less people will be inclined to visit Thailand.

cdnmatt
November 28th, 2010, 13:55
That's what happens when the bars decide to charge like $12 for a beer.

Might as well just stay at home, and rent your hookers from Craigslist, or something.

November 28th, 2010, 13:59
That's what happens when the bars decide to charge like $12 for a beer.

Might as well just stay at home, and rent your hookers from Craigslist, or something.

cdnmatt,

Don't forget a lot of our currencies have weakened a great deal against the baht.

You may be correct though, people say its now a very expensive night out.I should imagine it will only strengthen business in a a lot of the gay beer bars,who charge substantially less in both Bangkok and Pattaya.

November 28th, 2010, 14:13
Well we are doing pretty well in Pattaya!!
Maybe its due to the 300 baht drinks in Bagkok and their shitty attitude in the bars there.
I might suggest you take a drive down to Pattaya or maybe (not sure) you check Chaing Mei and see if it is the same. The streets are full down here and at least our bar is full. :hello1:

cdnmatt
November 28th, 2010, 14:15
Don't forget a lot of our currencies have weakened a great deal against the baht.

Yeah, true enough, and trust me, I know. I'm reminded of that every time I go to the ATM. Every month, less and less seems to come out for the same amount in USD or CAD.

You may be correct though, people say its now a very expensive night out.I should imagine it will only strengthen business in a a lot of the gay beer bars,who charge substantially less in both Bangkok and Pattaya.

I think it's mainly due to the economic hardships many are facing these days. That, and I think it's because people are simply becoming more savvy. Why hang out in Pattaya with some hooker, when you can just as easily open up Camfrog, and befriend many cute village boys without problem, who haven't been tainted by the bar scene yet?

November 28th, 2010, 17:34
Hi,

Don't forget I've been AWOL, what's Camfrog.

jinks
November 28th, 2010, 17:54
http://www.camfrog.com/

Free webcam chat rooms. See and hear people live!

November 28th, 2010, 20:18
I was walking around Silom last night and I could not help but notice the amount of tourists are not anything like the time the last 2 years. While numbers are up its not even half what it was last year and i suspect its not going to be a record breaker.

Many of the business owners are expecting a late tide of customers to come in from early December but i just cant see it. I have friends coming and was able to get them hotel bookings for New Years in a Silom hotel. This was a real shock as its always too late for this any other year.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

I was out in Silom Soi 4 on Friday night and it was heaving with people. We could not get a seat in either Telephone or Balcony. Plenty of space in Sphinx but they are now charging 180 Baht for a black label so that accounts for the paucity of customers there. Back at Balcony we eventually got a seat and the black label was only 125 Baht so what's the big deal with Sphinx? They don't serve anything more special than Telephone or Balcony - just gouge you on the prices!
So it looks like prices have a lot to do with whether people are going out to places or staying at home.
Also, there's tons of cute guys in DJ Station looking for a pick up and drinks there are only 100 Baht each - why pay 250 in a gogo bar plus an off fee when you can see hundreds of available guys in DJ's.

netrix
November 28th, 2010, 20:58
Hi,

it's on that new-fangled internet thingy. it's like on star trek where
you can talk to your computer screen and people can see you!!

ozcamo-old
November 28th, 2010, 23:04
My group arrived at Telephone Pub at about 11:15pm and was able to get a seat for 6 immediately. I can tell you now the takings at all the Soi 4 bars are now down on last year.

Jupiter was a ghost town after the show with all the boys still filling the stage so nobody was taking many boys.

Even Swiss Lodge are not booked out for December yet.

bucknaway
November 28th, 2010, 23:15
Another thing to keep in mind is that things are also tough on the younger guys. I know of a few guys here who have taken in some younger guys who would end up in a shelter if it were not for them working out a May/December friendship (With Benefits).

As far as I know, they give them a place to sleep, eat and stay warm and dry while their young friend bounces on their lap with gratitude and showers them in an explosion of gratitude. All done in the comfort of home, saving tons on money and driving their friends crazy with jealousy and envy.

And that young man seems to have other friends in the same situation... And I for one am disgusted by it all. Every month there seems to be a different young guy laying on his couch, in his underwear with parts of his anatomy bulging and flopping all over the place, while playing a video game. And you know my friend only purchased the video game system to keep his young friends entertained.

And and old man like him, peeking up the leg opening of his friends underwear! Finding any excuse to touch him, tickle him, wrestle him and when his young friend gets an erection he just reached for hit, wrapped his hand around it and said "Would you look at that thing!"

Oh I am sick of the whole thing! He needs to get his butt on a plane, sit for 24 to 30 hours and go to Thailand! What's he going to do with all that money he is not spending any way? Besides, it can't be good for his health... Trying to remember all those names.. Brandon, Kyle, Mark, Brian, Sean, Ayden.... How can he keep their names straight? :dontknow:

Yeah, he should be in Thailand :drv:

bucknaway
November 28th, 2010, 23:25
My group arrived at Telephone Pub at about 11:15pm and was able to get a seat for 6 immediately. I can tell you now the takings at all the Soi 4 bars are now down on last year.

Jupiter was a ghost town after the show with all the boys still filling the stage so nobody was taking many boys.

Even Swiss Lodge are not booked out for December yet.

Are you talking about Jupiter 2001? I walked past there a month ago when I was in Bangkok. I was of the mind to go in but I remembered how expensive they were some time ago. I think they even charged at entry one night, so after remembering that, I simply turned around and went to Boys Bangkok.

I went to Tawan about 2 times and each visit was less impressive than the last. Sure the guys were Okay but the bar seemed tired. It is like the management just didn't care to be in the gogo or bar business anymore. Sure they will take your money and put a drink down, but they were not trying to create a atmosphere pride in their establishment. They were just going through the motions......

nanette
November 29th, 2010, 12:06
Last weekend:

Bangkok - Ocean Boy bar soi Twilight was about half-full during the 10.30pm show(rating = OK), beer 250baht & waiters/mamasan not pushy.
Solid Bar - I was one of 3 customers after 11.30pm(no offs), with a few listless boys, and manager/owner said business was 50-50, but slightly better than in Sept. & beer 120baht(discounted).
However, DJ station at 1am was packed to the 2nd floor, & one had to go to the 3rd floor for a breather. Entrance fee 200baht with 2 drink coupons.

Pattaya Boystown- very quiet in Cupidol, David(a new bar), & rather quiet at Wild Wild West, but midnight show(dance, lip sync.) at WWW was quite good. Beer 150baht, bottled water 120baht.

Beachlover
November 29th, 2010, 14:46
As far as I know, they give them a place to sleep, eat and stay warm and dry while their young friend bounces on their lap with gratitude and showers them in an explosion of gratitude. All done in the comfort of home, saving tons on money and driving their friends crazy with jealousy and envy.

And that young man seems to have other friends in the same situation... And I for one am disgusted by it all. Every month there seems to be a different young guy laying on his couch, in his underwear with parts of his anatomy bulging and flopping all over the place, while playing a video game. And you know my friend only purchased the video game system to keep his young friends entertained.

And and old man like him, peeking up the leg opening of his friends underwear! Finding any excuse to touch him, tickle him, wrestle him and when his young friend gets an erection he just reached for hit, wrapped his hand around it and said "Would you look at that thing!"

Oh I am sick of the whole thing!
LOL... That is hilarious. Interesting way to shelter the homeless.

November 29th, 2010, 19:23

Oh I am sick of the whole thing!
LOL... That is hilarious. Interesting way to shelter the homeless.

Nothing new - certain Catholic priests have been doing it for centuries.

:occasion9:

pong
November 30th, 2010, 07:47
moan, groan BORING-na beua too much. It simply is not true. it may be true for the gay section of tourism, but in the low-budget backpack-style nrs are WAY up from the last 2 years. new places come opening up by the week, incl., hoStels where thye dare to charge 6/700 THB for a DORM-bed-the stupid farang who think they hit a bargain as they are too afraid to just come and see what is here, even pay it-unknown to the fact that decent but bare AC-rooms all for yourself sell for 3/400 THB.
And all this reapeat every week tell the same story -complain, moan, groan, is also very boring thisuut.

November 30th, 2010, 13:01
Hi,

Haha......maybe you don't know what Camfrog is, but what's AWOL?

Beachlover
November 30th, 2010, 14:50
moan, groan BORING-na beua too much.
LOL. I love you, Pong. :bis:

hoStels where thye dare to charge 6/700 THB for a DORM-bed-the stupid farang who think they hit a bargain as they are too afraid to just come and see what is here, even pay it-unknown to the fact that decent but bare AC-rooms all for yourself sell for 3/400 THB.
I see backpacker dorm room beds in Silom for 400-500 baht... Can't understand why you'd pay that if you can get your own room for the same or not much more!

but what's AWOL?
Military acronym for "Absence Without Leave".... i.e. Missing or away from everything.

jolyjacktar
December 1st, 2010, 05:46
Beachlover--Darling if your homeless you can always come to my place and bounce up and down on my knee, even if your not your still welcome :love4:

DCbob
December 1st, 2010, 07:49
I was in Sunnee Plaza last night.
There were some not not many farangs.
For the sake of the employers and the employees I hope the high season begins before the low season is on us again.

ozcamo-old
December 1st, 2010, 09:08
Well I know a few friends coming in the next few weeks so I am sure the High Season is coming its just not High just yet. The seasoned veterans are coming just a little late.

It used to be from 1st November it got busy quick and that's not happened this year. Lots of boys also saying "No Customer" so that's a good thing for the people already here. We all know the winging old farts that complain about high session as they have to pay more to get the attention of the Boys or the Boys find better sponsors for 3-6 months.

I think we all will forget this conversation in 2 weeks time however right now i cant help but walk around Silom remembering 3 years ago when right now it would have been packed with people.

Beachlover
December 1st, 2010, 14:15
Beachlover--Darling if your homeless you can always come to my place and bounce up and down on my knee, even if your not your still welcome :love4:
Wait for the next GFC :occasion9: