View Full Version : BTS into the city

a447
November 17th, 2010, 16:23
Is the Skytrain from the airport in BKK up and running full time? If so, how close can I get to Siam? I've got a one day stopover and I want to go to Siam Paragon for a meal. Where do I change trains, if that is in fact necessary?
Thanks.

quiet1
November 17th, 2010, 17:46
The ARL (Airport Rail Link) local train (the City Line) terminates at Phaya Thai with a connecting platform to BTS SkyTrain. You can take BTS from Phaya Thai to Siam station.

The City Line takes about 30 minutes from the airport to Phaya Thai, and then it's two stops on BTS to Siam station (five minutes?).

The fare on ARL is currently B15 one-way on the City Line as an introductory rate. I think the end of the year (?) it will go to a normal rate structure where the farther you go, the more it costs. I think the normal fare from the airport to Phaya Thai will then be B40 or B45 each way.

November 17th, 2010, 18:44
http://www.bts.co.th/en/map.asp

November 18th, 2010, 01:49
At the airport you go downstairs from Arrivals. Is that correct?

neddy3
November 18th, 2010, 03:21
Yes, the station for the Airport Rail Link is in the lowest level of the airport (below ground).

Signage is clear in many places and levels.

As advised, go to Phayathai, then walk to BTS (well signed), and take BTS to Siam.