PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya - Good Thai Restaurants

davidwilsoon
November 12th, 2010, 07:22
So where are the good Thai restaurants in Pattaya?

I prefer restaurants that are not on the side walk or in a soi, but if you think there is a really good Thai restaurant anywhere please reply. I speak limited Thai so native Thai restaurants that assist falang would be great.

I have found:
Salt & Pepper in Day/Night area which is a great value. Good food for a great price.
Little Mango in Sunee Plaza area. Not sure of this one. I need to visit a few more times.
Mink also in the Sunee Plaza area. I really like the food. Service is a little slow but just two gals run this place.
The Thai restaurant at the start of walking street. Also not sure about this place.

Please give me you feedback. Where is good inexpensive sea food? Chinese dim sum? Inexpensive and unique Indian?

francois
November 12th, 2010, 07:38
You may wish to try Rin Kitchen for Thai food. It is located in a quiet area with indoor and outdoor seating. Good food at reasonable prices. Popular with Europeans and Gays. It is located close to Sansuk Sauna, I believe on Soi 9 or Soi 11. From downtown Pattaya you take the road to Jomtien and turn left into Soi 9 or Soi 11; there is a 7-11 at the corner. Rins is a few hundred meters on the right side. Easy to park car or motorbike. For me it is superior to Mango and Salt & Pepper with a much larger selection.
Amusez-vous bien!

francois
November 12th, 2010, 07:44
So where are the good Thai restaurants in Pattaya?

Please give me you feedback. Where is good inexpensive sea food?

Many people enjoy the seafood at Or Ah Harn Thai (spelling?) which is on South Pattaya Rd/Pattaya Tai near to and on same side as Center Condo and Wat Chai. You will see the fish and other sea creatures on beds of ice in front of the restaurant; there are two or three restaurants next to each other at this location.
The upstairs room is air conditioned and quieter than the downstairs. Prices are very reasonable. Zero ambiance.

November 12th, 2010, 10:50
You may wish to try Rin Kitchen It is located close to Sansuk Sauna, I believe on Soi 9 or Soi 11.

It is actually Soi 9

It is popular with gay patrons judging by the many mixed couples.

Narakmak
November 12th, 2010, 12:26
Surf Kitchen on Jomtien beach road (about soi 6) is pretty good and the waiters all speak English and can help you. I went to Salt and Pepper based on good comments here and found it below average, sorry.

Richsilver
November 12th, 2010, 16:53
I rather like Ka Fa which is on the north end of Jomtien Beach Road, near the corner of Thappraya, next door to the old (now closed) KFC. They have indoor and outdoor seating with Thai and European food. I've never tried the European food, but the Thai is quite good. OK atmosphere, good service.

November 12th, 2010, 17:05
Meh, tastes are different, not all recommendations will fit your taste I guess, I think you are best off if you try out restaurants for yourself, should be fun :)

Narakmak
November 12th, 2010, 17:19
For those looking for a more authentic experience (and better food and prices) I can suggest the Thai seafood restaurant directly across the street from Foodland Pattaya Klang. Most of the staff doesn't speak English but they have at least one that can be called if there is an issue. There is an English menu and it appears to have the same menu and prices as the Thai one. Recently I had gaeng som talay and mee krob pla there. Probably both dishes not for beginners (especially the mee krob! a bunch of crispy dried small fish fins and heads) but both delicious, and spicy as called for. They of course have more accessible dishes.

Amusingly, while I was there a spice phobic Russian couple came in. They called in the English speaker and were able to order what sounded to me was a custom no spice order of a dish not even on the menu. First I wondered why they even bothered going to a Thai restaurant but when you think about it they got some tasty (to them) food for a low price, which is better than they could have done at a Russian restaurant. Anyway, I was very impressed with that place, for me and the Russians. I know there are better seafood places in the region, such as in Bang Saray, but for the price and quality in town, hard to beat.

cdnmatt
November 12th, 2010, 17:33
Not sure if it's still there, and honestly don't even know the name. There's a small restaurant just beside the Pattaya Memorial Hospital though. Excellent food there, from what I can remember.

Dboy
November 20th, 2010, 07:26
It is located close to Sansuk Sauna

And speaking of, they serve up some good food at Sansuk itself. I like the "big fish" they make; baked(?), red chili sauce. Yumm. Of course the side benefit is that you can have a slightly embarrassing meal with someone who has very recently violated you.

Dboy

francois
November 20th, 2010, 21:43
Yes, have experience food at Sansuk and enjoyed it. The farang food is also good. But the bf did not like the Thai food, but then, he never likes most of the Thai food in restaurants except seafood, so will try the fish next time. But maybe not good idea to bring a bf to Sansuk?