PDA

View Full Version : farang owned bars a rip off

November 8th, 2010, 15:33
Just back from pattaya , and found farang owned bars such as funny boys in boys town a complete rip off , mainly fem boys, not my type , but the main complant was the cost of drinks, it cost 160 bht for a beer , far too much , , the new bar happy boys was only charging 120

blueboy
November 8th, 2010, 15:51
I think you will find that Happy Place who only charges 100 and Happy Boys are also farang owned - they are just cleverer and are busier bars for it.

November 8th, 2010, 17:34
Just back from pattaya , and found farang owned bars such as funny boys in boys town a complete rip off , mainly fem boys, not my type , but the main complant was the cost of drinks, it cost 160 bht for a beer , far too much , , the new bar happy boys was only charging 120

But wait a minute - if you didn't like the "merchandise" then you won't be patronising these bars again - so why complain?

I'm sure you can stand a 160B drink on a one-off basis to find out whether a bar is to your taste.

I'm sure "Unclebuck" will be grateful for the plug you have given him - I hear he's extremely fond of being plugged!!

:occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9:

November 8th, 2010, 18:09
whose unclebuck

jcowle
November 8th, 2010, 18:27
I think you will find that Happy Place who only charges 100 and Happy Boys are also farang owned - they are just cleverer and are busier bars for it.
I believe the B100 promotion has finished, will confirm tonight.

November 8th, 2010, 19:21
whose unclebuck

"Happy Boys" owner's NDP (Nom De Plume) on the various forums.

:occasion9:

allieb
November 8th, 2010, 20:38
Thailand isn't a cheap place to go anymore, at least not as cheap as it used to be. Exchange rates are poor and bar owners just keep shoving up the prices to compensate for the loss of customers. You either pay or move on, which is what seems to have happened.

I used to get a pint in Bangkok at Molly Malone's for 160 baht a couple of years ago. That was about $4 at the then exchange rate. Two months ago that same pint was 280 Baht about $9.50 at todays rate I can drink 4 or 5 pints in a night and if I have a boy with me that's a $100 bar bill at the end of the night.

The only things that are still cheap are a bed for the night street food and a fuck. That should keep most sex tourists happy

November 8th, 2010, 20:58
Allieb is correct - unless you are teetotal and have a cast-iron stomach to take your chances with the street-food, it's pretty expensive now.

The only redeeming factors (price-wise) are:
1. Reasonable accomodation prices
2.The boys are better value and far friendlier than in Eastern Europe for example.

Fact is, taking all costs into consideration, it's now cheaper to do your "sex tourism" at home!

That must be why ALL the forums are so quiet.

:sign5: :sign5:

November 8th, 2010, 21:18
whose unclebuck

I think he's the owner of Happy Place, actually, not Happy Boys.

frequentflier
November 8th, 2010, 23:22
I have always liked Funny Boys.I dont consider 160baht expensive for a drink.The great thing about Pattaya is the vast choice of bars.Some of the gay places there are a shame and just because they charge less does not make them any more attractive..I understand that people living there are on a budget and so may go to cheaper bars.I would never go to a bar just because the drinks are cheap.

November 9th, 2010, 04:30
whose unclebuck

I think he's the owner of Happy Place, actually, not Happy Boys.

Yes you're right - Happy Place.

Happy Place WAS the venue under discussion - for some reason I inserted "Boys"

Make of that what you will!!

:laughing3:

Beachlover
November 9th, 2010, 18:22
I used to get a pint in Bangkok at Molly Malone's for 160 baht a couple of years ago. That was about $4 at the then exchange rate. Two months ago that same pint was 280 Baht about $9.50 at todays rate I can drink 4 or 5 pints in a night and if I have a boy with me that's a $100 bar bill at the end of the night.
Shit, 280 baht is pretty steep for an ordinary pub. Isn't that what Molly's is? That's the place on one of the Silom Rd corners right? Never been inside. 280 is more than I pay for a beer in most places here in Australia! I don't care if the gogo bars in Soi Twilight want to charge 300 because they're putting on a show and I only go once in a blue moon.

have a cast-iron stomach to take your chances with the street-food
Cast-iron stomach? Street food is awesome in Bangkok! I love it. The ingredients are usually fresh. The food is made fresh on the spot and the conditions are all pretty open and transparent.

danny99
November 14th, 2010, 09:20
Thailand isn't a cheap place to go anymore, at least not as cheap as it used to be. Exchange rates are poor and bar owners just keep shoving up the prices to compensate for the loss of customers. You either pay or move on, which is what seems to have happened.

The only things that are still cheap are a bed for the night street food and a fuck. That should keep most sex tourists happy

Actually I find Bangkok one of the cheapest cities in Asia to drink. Whisky Soda about Baht 70 at Balcony, Baht 100 at SOLID last time I went there....Backstage Singapore $S 10-12, Bali $US 8-12, etc. etc.

chillnorth
November 14th, 2010, 11:28

Why limit it to sex tourists? Throw in free wifi and that should keep most anyone who spends much time on this forum happy.

November 14th, 2010, 14:56

Why limit it to sex tourists? Throw in free wifi and that should keep most anyone who spends much time on this forum happy.

No need to throw in anything to keep members of this forum happy - masturbation has always been free

Beachlover
November 14th, 2010, 20:08
Actually I find Bangkok one of the cheapest cities in Asia to drink. Whisky Soda about Baht 70 at Balcony, Baht 100 at SOLID last time I went there....Backstage Singapore $S 10-12, Bali $US 8-12, etc. etc.
You're right, Bangkok is relatively cheap... Alcohol is flipping expensive in Singapore. Was paying $18-$20 for cocktails earlier this year. $250 in one night of drinking... The next night found a bar with "2 for $15" cocktails and drank away much cheaper this time :)

You still pay normal (more expensive) prices at some of the more upmarket Bangkok establishments though...

lonelywombat
November 15th, 2010, 05:02

Shit, 280 baht is pretty steep for an ordinary pub. Isn't that what Molly's is? That's the place on one of the Silom Rd corners right? Never been inside. 280 is more than I pay for a beer in most places here in Australia! I don't care if the gogo bars in Soi Twilight want to charge 300 because they're putting on a show and I only go once in a blue moon.

280 baht is just over $7 Aust. Do you really drink pints in Australia????How much do you pay for your pint
In the post immediate above this you are bragging about what you paid for cocktails in Singapore. Not really consistent.

Beachlover
November 15th, 2010, 06:47
280 baht is just over $7 Aust.
Nope. By today's exchange rate 280 baht is $9.50. A few months ago it was closer to $12.

Do you really drink pints in Australia????How much do you pay for your pint
Yep... sometimes. Don't keep track of prices when buying rounds of drinks here but pint of ordinary beer's usually between $9 to $12 in Australia so on par with allieb's experience. Normal medium beer at your average bar is usually $5.50 to $8.

In the post immediate above this you are bragging about what you paid for cocktails in Singapore. Not really consistent.
That's because the post above that was saying Bangkok is actually cheaper to drink at than most places in Asia. I can say it's definitely cheaper than Singapore... Can't remember exact drink prices for other countries like Malaysia, Vietnam etc.

gra46
November 15th, 2010, 06:59
I have worked in clubs and pubs .do you know what your really paying for in a cocktail ,the time and effort is what the answer is ,
BL next time you go cocktail bar watch what they put in it ,i assure you it not what you think 30 ml no way try 15
you a paying for a fancy drink a proper cocktail would have at least 60 ml of alcohol .the trick to the trade is more you have the less you will get
i am a vodka drinker now as beer was just a weight gainer since i stopped drinking beer i lost 25kg

Why do many complain about prices ,what i mean is over 30/50 baht fair enough if it 300/500 baht
Oh fuck this it 50 baht cheaper in another bar let get a taxi (100 baht later) and drink there
I look if the service and product is good what a few extra baht
i have seen farang with a boy and say have beer not whisky wow
i would say to the farang you have water not beer .
we all go thailand to enjoy ourselfs so why do you give a fuck about 200 to 300 baht extra at the end of the night with your check bin
Did you enjoy your night ?
I go thailand my BF drinks and eats what he wants when he wants That what life about enjoy be happy .Most the guys on here will take there money to there grave
not me i live day by day <Go to work come home save my cash to return ,spend it ther and return start again .I dont give a fuck about the future i might not see it ,
So i enjoy what i have now >

November 15th, 2010, 18:00

I think the Boys in Funny would take exception to you calling them all Fem, they consider themselves just gay, not Fem. Most of them are top and Bottom, they are also very good at what they do, donтАЩt knock it till you try it.

Nothing wrong with Gay Boys, may be you want a straight guy, who all he is Interested in, is getting away as soon as possible, for as little as work as he can. :8(

November 15th, 2010, 18:19
Hmmmmm. Well first of all, unkiebuck is the owner of happy Place. Second of all YES I like to get plugged. LOL!!! And so do many in Pattaya so Scottish guy that shows your level of intelligence as you have to try to insult a persons sexual preference when the costs of drinks and bars are the topic. Third of all, hmmmm let's think of WHERE the owner of competing bars are from and where their friends are from....hmmmm...Scotland pray tell??? Fourth, I would like to thank AOT for the kind words BUT fair is fair, you all do have a choice of bars to go to in Pattaya and some are more expensive than others to compensate for large shows. They do cost alot and they do have to charge more in order to pay for those "free" shows. The costumes and staff are very expensive to maintain. Smaller bars like Happy Place uses mostly staff in their shows and they are smaller shows so the cost of operating the bar is less. As far as bars that have no show and are still high priced.....well it could be a matter of price setting for the area or just riding onj the coatails of their neighbors? :duel:

November 15th, 2010, 18:48
... so Scottish guy that shows your level of intelligence as you have to try to insult a persons sexual preference ... let's think of WHERE the owner of competing bars are from and where their friends are from....hmmmm...Scotland pray tell???

Bit touchy, Dear - Are your haemorrhoids playing you up again?

I'm not insulting your sexual preference, just remarking on it and how notoriously prolific you are! :rolling:

As for my intelligence level - when you can construct a post which is formatted in sentences and paragraphs then we can discuss relative intelligence levels. If you can bring yourself to avoid the substance with the chemical formula C5H11NO2F (and its related compounds)it might help you to concentrate.

Finally, the person you are alluding to is no friend of mine - but I think you have a long way to go before your establishment will regarded by him as any sort of "competition" whatsoever.

:occasion9: :occasion9:

November 16th, 2010, 02:57
I dont mind paying if the bar has a show , but bars such as funny boys do not have one , thats why i think 160bht is a bit of a rip off.(maybe the tea money has gone up) . My idea is that if you lower the prices,you tend to get more guys visiting , or try a 2 for 1 session. Im a tourist but speaking to a lot of expats , alot of them are feelin g the pinch now., and are not going out as much, or if they do its to the cheaper bars,,

November 16th, 2010, 07:05
Scottish guy, the question or comment at hand is NOT my sexual preference, not my grammer or how I seperate paragraphs or an occassional whiff of what 50% or more gay people use when having sex, the topic at hand seems to be that the ORIGINAL COMMENT was that the person seemed to be offended at the HIGH price of drinks. Stick to the subject dear. :violent1:

November 16th, 2010, 09:56
Scottish guy, the question or comment at hand is NOT my sexual preference, not my grammer or how I seperate paragraphs or an occassional whiff of what 50% or more gay people use when having sex, the topic at hand seems to be that the ORIGINAL COMMENT was that the person seemed to be offended at the HIGH price of drinks. Stick to the subject dear. :violent1:

Where's the fun in that?

:rolling:

Beachlover
November 16th, 2010, 10:20
Scottish guy... let's think of WHERE the owner of competing bars are from and where their friends are from....hmmmm...Scotland pray tell???
That's a terribly terribly misguided assumption to make. Scottish Guy is by no means a supporter of the nightmare pair... If you've ever read his posts you'll see it's quite the opposite.

November 16th, 2010, 16:29
Well if I am incorrect, then I am incorrect and apologize.
Fact remains that a reader of this forum who I do not know, decided to comment on price policies of bars in PATTAYA. He then, unfortunately. decided to name one particular bar by name. My policy has been and will remain not to discuss another bars price policy, or how they run their bar in these forums.
When AOT who I do not know wrote about HIGH DRINK PRICES IN PATTAYA, unfortunately he also decided to name one particular bar. Unfortunate and I do not condone it. AOT went on to mention our bar and give it a "plug" as so many people have on this and other forums in various topics. At this point Scottish Guy not only commented on it but chose for no reason to suddenly attack me personally.
So on a final note I have this to say, YES dear I am a bottom and thank you for letting the world know. please also give any nice young man my phone number though as they dont know how to contact me. YES, while having sex, I do indulge in a whiff of popp*** from time to time as do many others. LOL! YES, I never really paid attention in English class, and I bow to your superior knowlege of the langauge and how to seperate paragraphs etc and your obvious far superior knowlege of chemistry.
And looking at your last post, it strongly suggests that you might be a person who loves to antagonize people and stir the poop. Very unfortunate as their seems to be so many other ways to spend your lifetime.

Thank you

Beachlover
November 16th, 2010, 17:40
YES, while having sex, I do indulge in a whiff of popp*** from time to time as do many others. LOL!
Oh, I know just the thread for you to get off on 10 pages of poop.

Fortunately, it's not on this forum, thank goodness: http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=90 (http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1546&start=90)

November 16th, 2010, 18:18
OH sweetie look at it again. It did not say POOP it said POPP***. Like in POPPERS??!! :sign5:

November 16th, 2010, 18:56
Unkie - if you think that somebody discreetly mentioning that you like it up the arse constitutes an "attack" then you must lead a VERY sheltered life.

I mean - you freely admit it anyway.

:sign5:

pennyboy
November 17th, 2010, 00:35
Don't worry Unkiebuck . I think Scotch Git and Beachbore wank themselves terribly terribly silly over each other posts.

Diec
November 17th, 2010, 01:35
Unkie - if you think that somebody discreetly mentioning that you like it up the arse constitutes an "attack" then you must lead a VERY sheltered life.

Now now scotty...Unkie isn't the only one who likes it up the arse...your avatar with a fist going "up yer kilt" tells it all.

November 17th, 2010, 04:45

Now now scotty...Unkie isn't the only one who likes it up the arse...your avatar with a fist going "up yer kilt" tells it all.

Typical Gay exaggeration - it's only two fingers.

November 17th, 2010, 07:34
Nothing wrong with Gay Boys, may be you want a straight guy, who all he is Interested in, is getting away as soon as possible, for as little as work as he can. :8(

Isn't that what's it all about in life: Aren't we all money boys?

Beachlover
November 18th, 2010, 18:54
OH sweetie look at it again. It did not say POOP it said POPP***. Like in POPPERS??!! :sign5:
Whoops!.... Didn't think of poppers.

Dboy
November 18th, 2010, 23:59
Just back from pattaya , and found farang owned bars such as funny boys in boys town a complete rip off , mainly fem boys

Heh. I'll GLADLY pay for overpriced beer in order to sit around and admire fem boys. In fact, I often do. There are some beauties in Funny Boys.

Dboy

kittyboy
November 20th, 2010, 08:56
I have worked in clubs and pubs .do you know what your really paying for in a cocktail ,the time and effort is what the answer is ,
BL next time you go cocktail bar watch what they put in it ,i assure you it not what you think 30 ml no way try 15
you a paying for a fancy drink a proper cocktail would have at least 60 ml of alcohol .the trick to the trade is more you have the less you will get
i am a vodka drinker now as beer was just a weight gainer since i stopped drinking beer i lost 25kg

Why do many complain about prices ,what i mean is over 30/50 baht fair enough if it 300/500 baht
Oh fuck this it 50 baht cheaper in another bar let get a taxi (100 baht later) and drink there
I look if the service and product is good what a few extra baht
i have seen farang with a boy and say have beer not whisky wow
i would say to the farang you have water not beer .
we all go thailand to enjoy ourselfs so why do you give a fuck about 200 to 300 baht extra at the end of the night with your check bin
Did you enjoy your night ?
I go thailand my BF drinks and eats what he wants when he wants That what life about enjoy be happy .Most the guys on here will take there money to there grave
not me i live day by day <Go to work come home save my cash to return ,spend it ther and return start again .I dont give a fuck about the future i might not see it ,
So i enjoy what i have now >

I worked 4 years in a bar to put myself through university (many years ago). I still remember my old boss saying that "We do not sell alcohol...we sell companionship. If people want to drink they can stay at home and get drunk on the cheap. We provide a place for people to socialize."

If you don't like the price of whiskey in a farang owned thai bar then pull out your baht (if you have any) buy a bottle and invite over a friend for a booze up (if you can find one).