PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get free rice today?

cdnmatt
November 5th, 2010, 18:18
I got two bags of rice from the King today, delivered. What a nice guy. Tried to politely decline, but once you find out who it's from, you can't decline.

I'm curious though, are they handing out rice in Pattaya / Bangkok as well? Or is this only for us Issan folk?

I gotta say, that's quite impressive for the King to do that for his people. Good stuff. When was the last time the Queen of England every did anything for us Canadians? She is our queen, after all... and Aussies, don't even start... you're the penal colony, so you're last in line for anything, lol.

Really though, is this nationwide, or Issan only? Does this type of thing happen quite frequently? I'm honestly curious about it, and don't know.

bao-bao
November 5th, 2010, 22:25
Hi, Matt. My guess is that it was more for those who may well have suffered from the rain and flooding, but if you're in that area why not ask Kim? If he can't answer it for you he should be able to ask some older folks who'd remember hearing about it in the past. There are probably others here who'd be curious to know, too.

soi_toi
November 6th, 2010, 08:37
When was the last time the Queen of England every did anything for us Canadians?

Wasn't she applying for unemployment insurance or some Gov't scheme a few months ago?

Here it is...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2 ... r_low.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/09/24/2010-09-24_queen_elizabeth_ii_tried_to_get_utility_bills_s ubsidized_by_govt_program_for_low.html)

She might even be found knocking on your door next Halloween doing a trick-or-treat.

November 6th, 2010, 14:32
Queen of Canada also! So she is .What a pity she can not emigrate to those far flung shores.You are welcome to her and her disfunctional family together with the many millions spent on her here.

As to gifts of rice , she would not part with the steam off her s**t

cdnmatt
November 6th, 2010, 14:34
Hi, Matt. My guess is that it was more for those who may well have suffered from the rain and flooding, but if you're in that area why not ask Kim? If he can't answer it for you he should be able to ask some older folks who'd remember hearing about it in the past. There are probably others here who'd be curious to know, too.

Yeah, you're right, it was due to flooding. At time of writing, Kim was off working and/or consoling a friend, then I was tired of working, bored, have been ignoring friends due to workload, and had a beer in hand, hence the post. :-)

You're right though, Royal Family is helping out the flood victims I guess. Not sure how the distribution works, because a couple neighbors just handed me the bags of rice. No idea where they got it from. The temple, maybe? Has the Royal Emblem on it though, so it's definitely from the Royal Family.

But still, why did us in KK city get rice? There's flooding in villages about 30kms from here, but none at all in the actual city, or at least not that I'm aware of. There was minor flooding one day about a week ago, but that was simply because the government opened up the dams to alleviate some pressure.

Anyway, doesn't matter. On with life we go...

Beachlover
November 6th, 2010, 14:41
Queen of England... She's a waste of space to Australians.

Well Matt, they got to give you something for living in the sticks!

November 7th, 2010, 04:52
I gotta say, that's quite impressive for the King to do that for his people.I heard the king is the richest king in thw world much richer than the queen of england.

November 7th, 2010, 06:12
...I heard the (Thai) king is the richest king in the world much richer than the queen of england.

But all the queens of England who post on SGT are fabulously wealthy and own multi-million pound businesses - haven't you noticed?

Many also have stunningly handsome Thai boyfriends/boy-specials who would never dream of shagging any other punter - not even for 500 Baht.

:hello1: :hello1: