PDA

View Full Version : Civil Partnership Visa UK

markie1
November 4th, 2010, 01:56
Just to say thanks to everyone who sent information in the past about applying for visa applications. My boy friend made two 6 months visits to the uk in the space of 13 months in 2009/10, I applied this time to have a civil partnership visa,settlement visa, we did the application our selfes ,has i did with his privious two visits on a visitors visa, I included has much information has i could ,from the last 3.5 years of been together,My partner Submitted the application in BKK on the 7th September, at the time of processing he was told the wait will be up to 60 days ,thats not counting weekend days , any way great news his Visa was ready for collection 40 days after submitting it , there was no interview required and no telephone interview, he will be ariving back in the UK on Friday ,just intime to organise our CP ceremony on the 4th December. We made this date a long time ago not realising the visa application would take 40 days to process,but it has all worked out well in the end ,and given us just enough time to keep the aranged date has planned.
Once again thanks to the people that helped over the last couple years with visa applications, it certainly helped me in preperation .
thanks
mark

November 4th, 2010, 02:39
Congratulations!

Good luck to you both

:occasion9:

Wesley
November 4th, 2010, 03:11
Indeed all the Best to you and your partner in Life.

Wes

cdnmatt
November 4th, 2010, 04:16
Congrats guys, and all the best to you in the future!

I unfortunately already used up my once a life spousal partnership for PR status in Canada with my ex-husband, who is apparently now going to let it expire, and piss it away. Hummph... :(

November 4th, 2010, 05:29
Well done to both of you, it's good to hear that visa rules and regulations can be overcome providing one doesn't try to hoodwink the authorities.

Good luck with your future life together.

Brad the Impala
November 4th, 2010, 05:42
Congratulations! Happy news! I wish you both the best.

November 4th, 2010, 08:33
Congratulations to you both!!

Marsilius
November 4th, 2010, 13:05
Although it is sometimes ridiculed as a poor alternative to real marriage, the UK Civil Partnership has been a great success and is virtually universally accepted. Opposition - strident before the passage of the law - has disappeared off the radar.

Do enjoy the day. Based on my own experience of it - partnered after 18 years together and coming up next month to 23 - the ceremony will be joyous and moving, the officials incredibly helpful and all your friends delighted for you both.

stevehadders
November 4th, 2010, 13:37
What a happy positive post - Good Luck to you both

Beachlover
November 4th, 2010, 19:02
Congratulations... Hope you have a big party to celebrate!

Brad (the impala), did you do this yet?

markie1
November 5th, 2010, 03:57
Congratulations... Hope you have a big party to celebrate!

No The big day is the 4th December

wyrleyboy
November 6th, 2010, 00:41
Well done Markie1

Know what it is like. We did it about three years ago, then last year got the ILR, residence visa.

Get him to start either the Life In UK or an ESOL qualification to avoid any last minute panics, as time simply flies by.

Ray

Brad the Impala
November 6th, 2010, 02:31

Yes, two years since we partnered, three years since we started living together, twelve years since we met. We took it slowly!

Beachlover
November 6th, 2010, 14:19
Cool! Good on you, Brad.

Hope they have a civil partnership or marriage for gay couples in Australia by the time I get round to that stage in life...