PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Air China?

Impulse
October 29th, 2010, 09:02
Im booking my flight for January. jfk and stops in Beijing .Im assuming there will be some negative views on this carrier.Maybe not?

cdnmatt
October 29th, 2010, 11:15
I have. Went Vancouver -> Kuala Lumpur on them, routed through Taipei. Granted the flights are cheap, but there's a reason for that. I wouldn't recommend them, and can say they're the only airline I've ever flown which I will now actively avoid. Then again, you might get lucky with a newer plane.

Everything was fine, had my own personal TV with loads of movies, and the food was fine. Then again, I expect airplane food to be shitty, so if it doesn't make me vomit, I figure it's pretty good. You may have different standards. Problem was the plane was quite old, and the seats extremely uncomfortable. It's the only flight I've ever been on where I've had to sit on my pillow, because my ass was getting numb. Not good for a 12 hour flight.

One good point with them though was, I changed the return date of my ticket, and surprisingly, without charge! With most airlines it's around a $50 change fee, plus the difference in ticket price, which is always more than the ticket you originally booked. I was expecting to pay around $300 or more, but it was $0.

PS. I remember doing this, Google the track record of airplane crashes based on airline. Air China is one of the top. They have a horrible track record. If I remember, Cathway Pacific has the best track record.

October 29th, 2010, 11:32
cdnmatt: I think you're referring to a different airline, China Airlines, headquartered in Taipei.

rocket is referring to Air China, which is headquartered in Beijing.

I haven't flown Air China for a few years now, but I did a number of regional trips on them in 2006 - 2008. Their aircraft were always pretty new, but service, etc unremarkable.

Impulse
October 29th, 2010, 13:22
I think you're referring to a different airline, China Airlines, headquartered in Taipei.

rocket is referring to Air China, which is headquartered in Beijing. yes,it's easy to get the two confused.I almost posted it as China air by mistake.I know China air is real cheap,all around.......But was hoping Air china was a bit better.
I often take the lowest fare;Northwest,japan,cathay Pacific, but I never had Air china pop up as the lowest fare until now.It might not be available tomarrow.I'll see. Thanks for the help.
I was wishing japan(klm) would be available,but it isn't.

Cees-Holland
October 29th, 2010, 15:51
I was wishing japan(klm) would be available,but it isn't.

KLM?
KLM = Dutch (like me :)

But most likely I misunderstood. :lam:

travelerjim
October 29th, 2010, 18:44
Im booking my flight for January. jfk and stops in Beijing .Im assuming there will be some negative views on this carrier.Maybe not?

Rocket, Air China is fine. I have flown them several times as they had
codeshare with the old NW Air. Also I have been rebooked on Air China
once when the NW flight was cancelled.

Do yourself a favor...if you can get a FREE stopover in Beijing, DO IT!
A three or four day stay in Beijing is one of the great experiences!

pm me if you want Beijing advice...I have been there 4 times
and my Thai bf has been there three times.

Also, when looking at airfares, be sure to look for Korean Air. They have
some low fares from JFK to Seoul - BKK. Are a Skyteam partner as well.
And, they will grant you a FREE stopover in Seoul if you ask.

Enjoy...see you in Thailand!

tj

Wesley
October 29th, 2010, 21:21
No but Cathay Pacific out of Hong Kong is the best Airline I have seen in some time

Diec
October 30th, 2010, 11:42
I would say in the last 15 years I have been to Thailand about 35 times and I find most airlines to be very satisfactory, but then again I am almost always bumped up to Business or First class so I really don't know what coach is like.

CHAOTOU
October 30th, 2010, 11:48
A three or four day stay in Beijing is one of the great experiences!

tj

Hey tj are you talking cultural things to do in PEK, or "gay" things?

I go to PEK often. I have done the cultural, touristy things. But, if you have some info on gay bars or
the like, i'd be interested.

Thanks.

Impulse
October 30th, 2010, 13:39
Ok,it's booked.Air China it is. Not too bad,just over $ 1,000,but a six hour wait in the Beijing holding cell on the way back.
KLM = Dutch (like me :) My mistake,I think it's Nippon air that I meant.
A three or four day stay in Beijing is one of the great experiences!Maybe on the return I'll do this.

gra46
November 2nd, 2010, 08:20
i am using China airlines in December ,Sydney to Taipei to BKK
I was told they are good now im reading this wow do they have Parachutes
Maybe i will sit at the back the plane so i can ask the ones in the front if the ocean is cold ,i never liked being first in the water

Impulse
November 2nd, 2010, 10:00
i am using China airlines in December ,Sydney to Taipei to BKK
I was told they are good now im reading this wow do they have Parachutes
Maybe i will sit at the back the plane so i can ask the ones in the front if the ocean is cold ,i never liked being first in the water :sex:
Maybe you should be concerned as China air has a poor crash rate according to my good friend.When I told him I was taking Air china,he was very alarmed,as I havn't finished paying him the money i owe him.
I reassured him it was not china air....but air china.He feels he will be repaid.

gra46
November 2nd, 2010, 10:07
But when accident records are analysed, it is possible to produce a list of showing the worst airlines in the world. Here are the top ten worst airlines in terms of accident ratings, with the worst shown as number one:

1.Cubana Airline, accident rating 5.74. 2.China Airlines, accident rating 3.57. 3.Avianca Colombian Airline, accident rating 3.15 4.TAM Airline, accident rating 2.76. 5.Korean Air, accident rating 2.26. 6.Egypt Air, accident rating 2.06. 7.Indian Air Lines, accident rating 1.94. 8.Taesa Airlines, accident rating 1.83. 9.China Soutwest Airlines, accident rating 1.74. 10.Aeromexico, accident rating 1.55.

This is 10 years ago has anyone know the latest ?
Qantas have to be moving up the list with it near calls in the past 2 years

rincondog
November 2nd, 2010, 10:16
China airlines safety record has improved recently. A number of years ago they experienced several crashes. They changed and improved their pilot training programs and improved their record. Of course no one knows what the future holds.

pong
November 2nd, 2010, 10:18
Note that on China/Beijing
-for just transit you do not need visum
you DO need visum when your stop exceeds 24 hrs and you go into town. Here in BKk CHina visum cost 11oo THB for now-US farang.
China charges ALl USA the tit-for-tat 131, maybe 140 now US$ for the privilege. But you should get an whole year multi entryfor that.
Bjing is extremely cold and windy during winter

gra46
November 2nd, 2010, 10:21
[quote="pong"]Note that on China/Beijing
-for just transit you do not need visum
you DO need visum when your stop exceeds 24 hrs and you go into town. Here in BKk CHina visum cost 11oo THB for now-US farang.
China charges ALl USA the tit-for-tat 131, maybe 140 now US$ for the privilege. But you should get an whole year multi entryfor that.
Bjing is extremely cold and windy during winter[/quote

Pong that stinks
Anyway China Airlines are from Taiwan not China

November 2nd, 2010, 16:06
If my memory serves me correctly the last bad China Air crash was down to an old 747 airframe that just cracked open explosively about 7 miles up whilst on a flight from Taipei to Hong Kong. The cause of the breakup was attributed to a substandard repair carried out by China Air in previous years to repair a tailstrike that happened at Hong Kong. The flight was planned to be the plane's penultimate one for China Air, it was being sold on to Orient Thai (now there's an airline to avoid!)

Hong Kong and China Air do not make happy bedfellows:
On 4 November 1993, China Airlines Flight 605, a brand new Boeing 747-400, overran the Kai Tak Airport runway 13 while landing during a typhoon. It had touched down more than 2/3 down the runway and was unable to stop before the end of the runway, finishing up in Hong Kong harbor. All 396 people on board were safely evacuated but the aircraft was written off. The vertical stabilizer was dynamited away due to its interference with Kai Tak's ILS systems.

On 22 August 1999, China Airlines Flight 642, a McDonnell Douglas MD-11, flipped over while landing at Hong Kong airport during a typhoon. Three people were killed.

Sorry to have taken the thread off topic.
Coming back to Air China, their fleet is about 4 times bigger than China Air, and their safety record much better.

Only one incident recently:
On April 15, 2002, Flight 129, a Boeing 767-200ER from Beijing to Busan, South Korea, crashed into a hill while trying to land at Gimhae International Airport during inclement weather, killing 128 of the 166 people on board.

November 2nd, 2010, 16:11
That's it!

I'm swimming to Thailand from now on!!

:occasion9: :occasion9:

gra46
November 2nd, 2010, 16:31
That's it!

May aswell catch China air least you get half way and swim the rest

travelerjim
November 2nd, 2010, 16:37
That's it!

May as well catch China air least you get half way and swim the rest

gra46....That reply Merits 5 Stars
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Beachlover
November 2nd, 2010, 17:09
Yeah, Qantas had a freaky run of several serious incidents/accidents over the space of about two months last year, I think. Since then there's been a few sporadic incidents.

But they still have a fantastic record of ZERO hull loss accidents and ZERO loss of life for a few decades now (since WW2, I think). Quite enviable. Profitable too.

November 2nd, 2010, 17:12
Is there a website that ranks airline by serious accidents/fatalities???????

Not that I'm paranoid.....

:occasion9:

gra46
November 2nd, 2010, 17:18

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/rates.htm

gra46
November 2nd, 2010, 17:21
But they still have a fantastic record of ZERO hull loss accidents and ZERO loss of life for a few decades now (since WW2, I think). Quite enviable. Profitable too.

Impulse
November 3rd, 2010, 04:10
The idea of spending a few days in Beijing is very appealing,however.
The fact that I am escaping the ugly winter I will be in at that time,makes the warm climate of Thailand much more atractive than northern China.
And as sex toury as this sounds.I don't think I would be having any sex in china,Thailand will be a different story.I need to cram in as much as I can in a limited amount of time.
If I lived in thailand or another southeastern asian country.Beijing would be a top destination of mine,as well as other chinese cities.
Certain things about china I truly love.They have the beutiful panda silver coins.As nice,if not nicer than the american silver eagles.And I love their flag,almost as much as the vietnam flag.

quiet1
November 3rd, 2010, 06:21
On 22 August 1999, China Airlines Flight 642, a McDonnell Douglas MD-11, flipped over while landing at Hong Kong airport during a typhoon. Three people were killed.
That flight was from Thailand. Not sure if it was from Phuket or Bangkok, but a friend of mine was on it with his girlfriend, and I know he spent a lot of time in Phuket.

He said after the plane stopped moving and it was time to get out of there and he was suspended upside down, he said he thought, "This is going to hurt," before releasing his seat belt, but he and gf were unharmed physically.

Impulse
November 3rd, 2010, 07:48
1.Cubana Airline, accident rating 5.74. 2.China Airlines, accident rating 3.57. 3.Avianca Colombian Airline, accident rating 3.15 4.TAM Airline, accident rating 2.76. 5.Korean Air, accident rating 2.26. 6.Egypt Air, accident rating 2.06. 7.Indian Air Lines, accident rating 1.94. 8.Taesa Airlines, accident rating 1.83. 9.China Soutwest Airlines, accident rating 1.74. 10.Aeromexico, accident rating 1.55. Im surprised to see Korean air having such a bad record.

November 3rd, 2010, 13:24
Im surprised to see Korean air having such a bad record.

Korean Air had a relatively high accident rate between 1970 and 1999, during which time it wrote off 16 aircraft in serious incidents and accidents with the loss of 700 lives.

In common with a lot of Asian airlines, the problem of "face" rears its ugly head from time to time. A modern commercial jet has flying techniques that are predicated on a "two man shop" idea; ie there is always supposed to be somebody watching the pilot's back for him. Too many times accidents have occurred when a junior in the cockpit has been afraid to challenge a senior, preferring to let himself be driven into the ground rather than risk doing his job correctly.

Made worse by the way senior pilots are often recruited from the airforce in Asian countries, and made even worse by the nepotism, cronyism and corruption that gets the juniors promoted.

Beachlover
November 3rd, 2010, 19:34
True... I heard Korean's accident rate went down dramatically once they realised this issue of junior pilots being afraid of challenging any mistakes or oversights by their seniors.

Diec
November 3rd, 2010, 21:33
True... I heard Korean's accident rate went down dramatically once they realised this issue of junior pilots being afraid of challenging any mistakes or oversights by their seniors.

Very well said beachbore, however I believe you stated exactly what gwm stated in his post, so what was the purpose of yours? However you keep posting because matty and combatty simply find you intriguing and full of insight. And with posts like this one I can see why they would.

Impulse
November 4th, 2010, 01:16
Very well said beachbore, however I believe you stated exactly what gwm stated in his post, so what was the purpose of yours? However you keep posting because matty and combatty simply find you intriguing and full of insight. And with posts like this one I can see why they would.
He was simply validating what gwm4asian said.Many times posters don't know what they're talking about.You might find beachlover boring,but he usually knows what he's talking about.
Like beachbunny,aka boy geenuis,oops,etc. who knew what he was talking about,but was a prick the way he presented it.Beachlover has nice asian manners.

gra46
November 4th, 2010, 04:11
So back on the topic
after reading al this i wondering if i will pay an extra $200 to fly a different airline
china air record was not so good in the past a few people telling me now that it due to happen .
But who to say it 1 of my flights and who to say luck prevails if i change and something does happen .
Do all you guys /girls /and IT (Diec) would you go for the cheaper flights or do you go for a regular airline
my reason of going to cheaper is i go Thailand 4 times a year if i only went 1 i wouldnt bother searching for a cheaper one
My mate is a travel agent and he telling me what ever airline i go on makes no differnce to him as he gets the same amount from each ticket sold
Also he said many his customers travel air China and recommend them
one of his customers traveled with them 3 months ago and wont go to another airline stating it one off the best he been on
My 3 top airlines i travelled on are
1/ Thai
2/ V Australia ( new planes )
3/ Singapore
well i must throw this in to as they close to 3rd Malaysian

Up2U
November 4th, 2010, 07:14

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/rates.htm

and,

http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/taiwan.htm

Plane Crashes and Significant Safety
Events Since 1970 for China Airlines

The following events are those involving at least one passenger death where the aircraft flight had a direct or indirect role. Excluded would be events where the only passengers killed were stowaways, hijackers, or saboteurs.

1. 12 August 1970; China Airlines YS11; Taipei, Taiwan: The aircraft was on approach under conditions of heavy rain and low clouds when it struck a low ridge about 660 feet (200 meters) about one half mile (800 meters) from the runway. Two of the five crew members and 12 of the 26 passengers were killed.

2. 21 November 1971; China Airlines Caravelle; near Penghu Islands, Formosa Strait between Taiwan and the PRC: The aircraft was believed to have been destroyed by an inflight explosion caused by a bomb. All 17 passengers and eight crew members were killed.

3. 27 February 1980; China Airlines 707-300; Manila, Philippines: The crew executed a steep and unstabilized approach, touching down hard short of the runway and bouncing, eventually stopping on the runway after having the two outboard engines and parts of wing departing the aircraft. Two of the 122 passengers were killed.

4. 16 August 1982; China Airlines 747; near Hong Kong: The aircraft encountered severe inflight turbulence. Two of the 292 passengers were killed.

5. 16 February 1986; China Airlines 737-200; Pescadores Islands, Taiwan: The aircraft touched down on the runway but crashed during an attempted go around . All six passengers and seven crew members were killed.

6. 26 October 1989; China Airlines 737-200; near Hualien, Taiwan: The crew was using an incorrect departure procedure and hit cloud shrouded high ground at 7000 feet (2130 meters). All seven crew members and 49 passengers were killed.

7. 26 April 1994; China Airlines A300-600; Nagoya, Japan: Crew errors led to the aircraft stalling and crashing during approach. All 15 crew and 249 of the 264 passengers were killed.

8. 16 February 1998; China Airlines A300-600; near Taipei, Taiwan: The aircraft crashed into a residential area short of the runway during its second landing attempt. The scheduled flight had been inbound from the island of Bali in Indonesia. The event occurred under conditions of darkness with rain and reduced visibility due to fog. All 15 crew and 182 passengers were killed. At least seven persons on the ground were also killed.

9. 22 August 1999; China Airlines MD-11; Flight 642; Hong Kong, China: The aircraft was landing in Hong Kong at night and during a storm after a flight from Bangkok, Thailand. The aircraft struck the runway and came to rest upside down and on fire. All 15 crew members survived, but three of the 300 passengers were killed.
Other China Airlines Plane Crashes
Accident Report from the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department
Wikipedia Entry for this Accident

10. 25 May 2002; China Airlines 747-200; near the Penghu Islands, Taiwan: The aircraft crashed into the sea about 20 minutes into a scheduled flight from Taipei to Hong Kong. The impact area was in the Taiwan Straits near the Penghu Islands about 75 km (47 mi) from the coast of Taiwan. Weather and flight conditions were normal, and no distress signal or other communication was received prior to the crash. The accident investigation concluded that the in-flight breakup was due to a structural failure in the aft lower lobe section of the fuselage. The investigation attributed this failure to an inadequate repair of tail strike damage that was sustained in 1980. All 19 crew members and 206 passengers were killed.

The accident aircraft was the last 747-200 in passenger service with China Airlines and was to be sold to another carrier next month. According to Boeing, the aircraft was delivered to China Airlines in July 1979 and had accumulated approximately 21,180 landings and 64,394 flight hours. This nearly 22-year old aircraft was newer than similar models in the fleets of U.S. airlines. According to the FAA, the average age of Boeing 747-200 and 747-300 models in U.S. airline fleets at the time of this event was 24 years.

This was the 26th fatal event involving the Boeing 747. The next most recent 747 event was an October 2000 Singapore Airlines accident in Taipei that killed 79 passengers and four crew members. There have been several fatal events involving in-flight breakups, including the 1996 event involving TWA Flight 800 and a November 2001 fatal event involving an American Airlines Airbus A300 over New York City.

Previous in-flight breakups involving jet airliners have been due to varied causes, including a fuel tank explosion, severe weather or other atmospheric phenomena, bombs, missiles, and midair collisions.
Fatal 747 Series Events

20 August 2007; China Airlines 737-800; Naha, Japan: Shortly after landing at Naha on the island of Okinawa, the left engine caught fire and the crew initiated an emergency evacuation. Although the aircraft was destroyed by fire, all 157 passengers (including two toddlers) and eight crew members survived. Because this event did not result in a passenger death, it does not constitute a fatal event as defined by AirSafe.com.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plane Crashes for Airlines in Asia, Australia and the Pacific Region

The following values for each airline includes the number of fatal plane crashes and other fatal events since 1970, the year of the most recent passenger death, the estimated number of flights since 1970, and an estimate of the fatal event rate per million flights. Below you will find estimates of each airline's passenger death rate, and also links to the crash record of the airline. Because the number of flights for each airline is an estimate, the fatal event rate is also an estimate. Unless otherwise stated, the number of fatal events is current as of the revision date at the bottom of the page, but the number of flights is the estimate through 2000. For more plane crash information, you can follow the links below for other regions of the world, or visit the main plane crash page of the site.

Other Regions
United States and Canada
Latin America and the Caribbean
Europe
Africa and the Middle East

Asia and Australasia
Airline Rate Flights FLE* Events Last
Air China UNK UNK 0.82 2 2003
Other PRC Airlines UNK UNK 11.02 18 2004
Air India 4.89 0.44M 2.15 3 1985
Air New Zealand 0.74 1.35M 1.00 1 1979
All Nippon Airways 0.22 4.64M 1.00 1 1971
Ansett of New Zealand*** UNK UNK 0.22 1 1995
Asiana Airlines 1.14 0.54M 0.62 1 1993
Cathay Pacific 1.45 0.69M 1.00 1 1972
China Airlines (Taiwan) 7.16 0.90M 6.44 10 2002
EVA Air 0.00 UNK 0.00 0 -
Garuda Indonesia Airways 2.53 1.96M 4.95 9 2007
Indian Airlines 3.53 2.50M 8.82 12 1999
Japan Air Lines 1.36 2.44M 3.31 5 1985
Korean Air 2.58 1.30M 3.35 7 1997
Malaysia Airlines 0.92 1.80M 1.65 2 1995
Pakistan International Airlines 4.55 1.40M 6.37 8 2006
Philippine Air Lines 2.47 1.71M 4.23 8 1994
Qantas 0.00 1.02M 0.00 0 -
Singapore Airlines/SilkAir 1.50 1.00M 1.50 2 2000
Thai Airways International 1.60 1.05M 1.69 3 2003

travelerjim
November 4th, 2010, 07:58
I believe the OP was asking about AIR CHINA, NOT China Airlines.

Diec
November 4th, 2010, 08:44
He was simply validating what gwm4asian said.Many times posters don't know what they're talking about.You might find beachlover boring,but he usually knows what he's talking about.
Like beachbunny,aka boy geenuis,oops,etc. who knew what he was talking about,but was a prick the way he presented it.Beachlover has nice asian manners.

You are so correct rocky...I believe every post made here should be validated by beachbore before it gets posted, because most everyone who posts here do not know what they are talking about and therefore need beachbore to explain what they mean. If it wasn't for beachbore, nobody on this forum would know what anyone was talking about. He is the only sane voice on this forum. Long Live beachbore!!

Up2U
November 4th, 2010, 12:21
I believe the OP was asking about AIR CHINA, NOT China Airlines.

Whoops!....right you are!
================================================== =========================
Fatal Events Since 1988 for Air China

The following events are those involving at least one passenger death where the aircraft flight had a direct or indirect role. Excluded would be events where the only passengers killed were stowaways, hijackers, or saboteurs.

1. 15 April 2002; Air China 767-300ER; near Pusan, South Korea: The aircraft was on a scheduled international flight from Beijing, China to Pusan, South Korea. The crew was attempting a second approach under conditions of reduced visibility, and crashed into a mountain about 2.5 nm (4.6 km) from the runway. Eight of the 11 crew members and 121 of the 155 passengers were killed.
Fatal 767 Events
Fatal Events for Airlines of Asia
Air China 767 Photos from Airliners.net

2. 15 March 2003; Air China 737-300; en route Hong Kong to Beijing: In the 18 December 2003 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, the authors of a study concluded that five people who died from SARS most likely contracted the disease after exposure to an infected passenger during a three-hour flight from Hong Kong to Beijing. The 72-year-old male passenger who had SARS symptoms when he boarded the flight in Hong Kong was hospitalized after arrival in Beijing and died five days later.

Investigations in Singapore, Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan revealed that a total of 20 passengers and two flight attendant contracted SARS due to their exposure on that flight. The 20 passengers and one flight attendant were in the economy section of the aircraft and the other fight attendant was in the first class section. There was a total of 112 passengers and eight crew members on the flight.

One of those 20 infected passengers, one of the five from that flight that eventually died, infected a passenger on a Bangkok to Beijing flight on 23 March 2003 and caused two passengers on that flight to become infected. One of the two infected passengers on the Thai Air flight also died.

Beachlover
November 4th, 2010, 19:22
Long Live beachbore!!
You're a f*ckstick, Diec. Go eat some fibre and have a fart under the blankets alone by yourself or something.

Beachlover has nice asian manners.
Sorry, not all the time LOL. :bis:

gra46
November 4th, 2010, 20:07
Long Live beachbore!!
You're a f*ckstick, Diec. Go eat some fibre and have a fart under the blankets alone by yourself or something.

Beachlover has nice asian manners.
Sorry, not all the time LOL. :bis:
Why do you feed the troll

i thought you would of posted about your beloved Qantas

Beachlover
November 5th, 2010, 15:53
Ah well... Qantas ain't doing too well today. One of the Rolls Royce engines on their new A380s exploded 6 minutes after leaving Singapore. Very serious incident. Probably the most serious since an oxygen tank blew a hole in one of their 747 fuselages mid-flight 1-2 years ago.

All Qantas 380s are grounded. Singapore Airlines grounded their 380s for checks before clearing them too.

I hope I'm not onboard when the first one of these enormous things comes down in a serious way... it's probably the aircraft I fly most often for long haul now.

gra46
November 5th, 2010, 21:12
this was a very interesting read even mention Thai hasnt a good record in airlines

http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/holidaytyp ... ty-records (http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/holidaytype/weird/7939387/airlines-with-the-worst-safety-records)

Beachlover
November 6th, 2010, 14:16
Article reckons A380s are "safer than you think"...

http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx? ... ments=true (http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=733815&showcomments=true)

When tracked against other long-haul aircraft (including the A330, A340, and Boeing 747 and 777), the A380 has recorded fewer mechanical difficulties and in-flight safety instances than its smaller contemporaries since operation commenced, even when factoring in how few A380s are in operation.

lukylok
November 9th, 2010, 10:12
I just arrived in Bkk, having used China Air from Amsterdam. Being tall 6'4 and having a metal knee, I need business class for long flights. Everything was very nice, attentive service, food, the lot. And it is 65% of the price of Tha├п Airways. I had used it before and hopefully many more times !

giggsy
November 9th, 2010, 15:11
Don't want to spook you Gra but why don't air China pilots risson.

[youtube:1hripfi3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu3zNFNbRxI[/youtube:1hripfi3]

Then of course they have the famous bouncy planes.

[youtube:1hripfi3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J980ioOro0[/youtube:1hripfi3]

November 9th, 2010, 15:18
[youtube:hzgeqpfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRNCeD6NVFI[/youtube:hzgeqpfk]

November 12th, 2010, 17:00
I suppose Air China has a fleet of Boeings or Airbuses, which when properly maintained should be safe, after all these are American/European manufactureres, (if safety was a concern for you) or do they still fly with old DC-10's and stuff? :P Guess not... I think I would give it a try, the only carriers I would avoid are some very low cost ones....