PDA

View Full Version : Updates on Bkk and Pattaya late night venues.

Alaan
October 22nd, 2010, 22:26
From my recent visit to Thailand I found little change in the late night entertainment venues.

In Bkk DJ was still packed on the 3 nights we visited, but i did notice a greater number of younger farangs and Asians there than in previous visits. All drinks still Bt100 can't beat it! We still go up the back stairs to the second floor to avoid crushing. Show was good also and the tunes were spot on.

GOD was very busy also, only went there one night and it was packed at 3am, and again good dj-ing and good vibe about the place. Bt150 for all drinks there.

In pattaya we visited Hollywood which was very busy but could see no obviously gay guys there apart from our table, many middle-eastern guys with their girls, the waiters confirmed very few gays visiting nowadays. Xyte was its usual quiet self, and we went onto NAB after the show there, NAB was packed also, again decent show and koyote dancing and tons of gay guys in their usual groups, not so many farang as i have seen there before though. But a great night there.

We did visit Xyte again on the last night as Da Endophine was in town for a concert and it must peeve the staff there to see it so packed only on special occassions, and again it was a great night with the superstar in great voice and kept the crowd going.

The only other venues visited were a place on Sai Sam called Nuan Chun for a Carabao concert, and it was very lively even after Carabao finished their 2 hour set at 2.15am, the disco and resident band played till after 3am. Back to Mosaik via Wat Chai for eats and many gay guys eating there as usual on their way home from wherever, always looking around for lone farang, saw a couple of early morning hook-ups there. One place we usually visit is Gra Nam which is a Thai for Thai venue along the road from Hollywood, with live bands playing from 10pm to after 3am, it is the first time we have seen the place so quiet, it serves excellent Thai food and has only menus in Thai, but was only quarter full, in years gone by you had to queue for a table there at any time of evening, so even many of the local Thais are lacking in disposable income, and sanook is usually high on the agenda for most.

Did also visit Boyztown and sunee but others have covered most of the venues we visited in other threads.

Beachlover
October 23rd, 2010, 14:28
Thanks for the update Alaan...

Yeah, I notice more young Asians and farang visiting DJ Station too. It's great. I like it downstairs where the dance floor is but upstairs and the section on the other side of the little bridge is good for a break away from the packed dance crowd. Music is definitely top notch.

Used to like GOD - met a REALLY fun group of Thai boys from up North who were in BKK on holidays one here one trip - but really didn't like it the last time I went. It wasn't very busy and was full of cigarette and pot smoke.

colmx
October 23rd, 2010, 19:22
The only other venues visited were a place on Sai Sam called Nuan Chun for a Carabao concert,
Hi Alaan
Thanks for the report... seems like you arrived to Pattaya a few days fter we left as BF was dying to go to Carabao concert...

I think that the place you are referring to is called Tum Nuan Chon (where the Chon is short for Chonburi)

My BF loves this place and only seems to like going there these days... its so mobbed every night and seems to have stolen a lot of the "Tum Nuan Khon Issan" crowd (i think thats the place near hollywood next to the now closed Dome Karaoke)

Tum Nuan Chon seems to attract a lot of "not out" gays.... BF never fails to leave there without a few numbers... of guys that he never actually meets in the end!

Alaan
October 23rd, 2010, 22:17
Tum Nuan Chon seems to attract a lot of "not out" gays

Thanks for the reply and the info Colmx. That puts a few pieces of jigsaw into place for me... as I thought it very strange for a Carabao concert, that apart from the usual knuckle head farangs with their thai gals showing us just how manly they are, to balance that there were more than a few thai guys who did not for me 'fit' the 'normal' Carabao fan profile (longer hair, at least one tattoo, no sign of campness), infact the table beside us had a mix of guys with two very out and very camp femme guys not out of place in a sunee agogo, and were over more than a few times clinking glasses...and when the concert was finished at about 2.30am it was straight into the disco then another band followed by the disco, which is unusual for a concert which finishes at 2.30am...normally the disco would just play as punters leave. Certainly one of the young gays who visited our table had eyes for my bf and made it perfectly clear, but bf doesn't get involved with the mobile number exchange game, and as you say they very rarely follow these up anyway.

I didn't actually see the name of the place, it was just told to me by bf so wasn't sure if it was chun/chan/chon, so thanks for clearing that up. We arrived on the 3rd Oct and only knew of the concert on the 7th, as we visited a seafood buffet place along the road a couple days earlier and i noticed the Carabao logo ad. It was a free entry first come first served on the table front. In fact i'm sure we will visit again on my next trip as that kind of venue which suits both me and my bf, live house bands playing a mix of country/rock/pop for me, and a bit of disco stuff inbetween for him, and having alot of 'not out' or 'out' gays adds to the fun.

However there were considerably more 'out' gay guys out in force at the Da Endophine concert at Xyte!