PDA

View Full Version : korean boys

lonelywombat
October 21st, 2010, 16:04
In the fourth country that Billy Elliot has played in the 4 leads have won the best new actor awards. This for playing the lead role is such a typical British musical, in Korean.Amazing.

On October 18th, 2010, the Korean production of Billy Elliot the Musical won the Korean Musical Awards for Best New Actor (Billy: Se-yong Kim, Ji-myung Lee, Jin-ho Jung and Sunu Lim), Best Supporting Actress (Mrs. Wilkinson: Young-joo Chung) and Best Foreign Musical.

The Korean Billys performed "Electricity" at the awards show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLPA70zgq0

Wesley
October 22nd, 2010, 22:21
In the fourth country that Billy Elliot has played in the 4 leads have won the best new actor awards. This for playing the lead role is such a typical British musical, in Korean.Amazing.

On October 18th, 2010, the Korean production of Billy Elliot the Musical won the Korean Musical Awards for Best New Actor (Billy: Se-yong Kim, Ji-myung Lee, Jin-ho Jung and Sunu Lim), Best Supporting Actress (Mrs. Wilkinson: Young-joo Chung) and Best Foreign Musical.

The Korean Billys performed "Electricity" at the awards show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLPA70zgq0

nothing bad intended, but honestly, you are a Queen of Queens. generally, I have no idea what you are talking about with out having to Google the gay universe.

lonelywombat
October 26th, 2010, 18:54
nothing bad intended, but honestly, you are a Queen of Queens. generally, I have no idea what you are talking about with out having to Google the gay universe.

Cut and paste from your gracious piece on Amor

I loved the Bolshoi Theater and Opera in Russian,
I loves Ballet at the Kremlin.
I have seen as good as there is and enjoyed it;
I have been to the best places in the world and I know a good time when I see it.
I have seen the best on Broad way, enjoyed some of the best drag shows ever.

Billy Elliot the Musical is currently in its second year on Broadway, its 6 th year in the West End, has completed an 18 month run to packed audiences in Australia, is currently playing in Chicago and soon to transfer to Toronto and the US second tour opened this week in Durham NC.
The first Asian version of BETM opened in Seoul this year and it is planned for Japan to be added in 2011.

To date, BETM young leads have cleaned up the best actor awards in London, Sydney,
Melbourne, New York where the show received 15 nominations and 10 Tony awards.
The Korean version continued this trend where the boys picked up a similar award last week.

it is certainly much more recognized than your local drag show.

But of course you are kidding. As a lover of theatre and the arts you are well aware of what is happening outside your bedroom.