PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Visit - just back...

joba
October 19th, 2010, 11:04
Of course, I'm ready to go again - but, the fun isn't quite the same as it used to be.....low season was still apparent and it seemed like the crowds (such as they were) arrived later than usual.....somke spots are quite busy and some are not...........

Sunee Plaza had its moments.

Nice Boys and Mic My had the most boys and best crowds. Both had a wide range of dancers with someone to appeal to everyones fancy. Not really many muscle boys, a few very fem and a few mildly fem; all in all both had a nice looking bunch who danced and had fun and were eager to get noticed and to please. Mic My was slightly noisier with the boys running around a bit more and joking with each other. Nice smiles but not so eager to show. Seemed like high-fashion to roll the briefs to a bikini style and show a lil bush......was lush. Both seemed to start the evening with maybe 30 boys. When I stopped in late, things were well in hand. Also eager to step up and let you give the equipment a test drive for B20. A nice way to use up the pesky 20's and a handfull of fun to boot.

Happy Boys always had a full house of boys......seemed a little lean on farang but picked up as the evening went on. Always alot of energy here - especially if you venture up the steps. Cute boys strutting to get attention - they competed a little in a fun way. Its always dark in HB but you don't need lots of light to see the goods - and, its nice. Not sure what cannot happen upstairs - experimented a couple times up there and never disappointed with the attention. The two-boy routine didn't happen like the old routine. Well work a visit.

Tom Yum was a mix - mostly bad in my view. Just a few boys - some a little spacey. All or most were enjoying themselves at full mast most of the time I was there - ahhhh, the good old days. Not a high priority but nice for sight seeing.

Just had a peek and step inside of Eros - no interest. Even when things cranked up - the boys sat around on the floor farangless. KD was not hawking and did not seem busy......no more to report there. Seemed like about one-half the number of gogobars that used to be. The beer bars were pretty busy and all had a full number of boys tugging away as you walk by. It's nice to feel wanted.

BT also seemed more wuiet than Sunee. Stopped by Funny Boys but did not spend a lot of time - a wide variety heree. Jomption is a construction zone so I didnt hazard down in the evening. tHE BEACH WAS VERY QUIET DURING THE DAY - BUT IT THREATENED TO RAIN EVERY MORNING - GENERALLY CLEARING UP AROUND 2 pm.

aS ALWAYS, comments and additions are welcome

bao-bao
October 19th, 2010, 11:13
Thanks for the report - nice to hear the beaches are a little more quiet, too. Frankly, I've never understood people NOT liking low season, but I'm not much on crowds on the beach or a lot of other farang around, period. Guess I never was all that much of a social animal.

If you're one who enjoys the company of guys from the clubs why would you want a full house of competition for someone you find attractive, anyway? From what I've read over the years there are enough clubs open at any given time that even if there are only a few guys in each you should still be able to find someone you'd like to spend some time with.

Sounds like you had a good trip.

Beachlover
October 19th, 2010, 11:58
Only downsides I find with "low season" is the weather isn't so nice and the beaches aren't as nice. I prefer it when it's cooler around the December-February period. It's not so hot walking around and doing stuff.

The beaches are much nicer in high season... e.g. Patong Beach can be kind of windy, desolate and rough in the middle of year, but seems perfectly calm and serene in December/January.

pudel
October 19th, 2010, 14:03
we wont go to Patong anymore, the beach is dirty as well the sea and full of dangerous jet-skis etc. :evil4: <pudel

bucknaway
October 19th, 2010, 15:03
Krazy Dragon has been busy at some moments and light on visitors at other moments. I have been there twice. On the first visit there were only 2 other customers and a log of guys. On another visit, there were crowds of customers at every table and most of the guys were taken, leaving only a few to make the rotation.

But if your interested in finding a guy, than you should head to the Copa. I think they have the best selection of guys. I was disappointed with A-Bombs selection of guys.

I should also say that I didn't want to like the Copa. I was a fan of Throbb/Splash and didn't think you should fix something that is not broken, but I must say that I like the Copa a lot. The seating is must better than the way it was with Throbb. The show had its moments.

Been here a week and have not made it to Sansuk sauna yet. Maybe I will go there one day before I return to Bangkok.

Beachlover
October 19th, 2010, 18:37
we wont go to Patong anymore, the beach is dirty as well the sea and full of dangerous jet-skis etc. :evil4: <pudel
The beach is dirty? I find the beach is kind of windy, desolate and not too pleasant in the middle of the year. But Between November and February it's all calm, flat and very nice. So if you went during the middle of the year you might not come away with a good opinion of it. Totally different if you go at the end of the year though...

pudel
October 20th, 2010, 00:11
Hi Beachlover, we have been 3 times in November :tongue3: every year it was dirtier, so we decided not to go anymore :headbang: <pudel
(we speak from Patong - Kata was much better, clean + quiet)

Alaan
October 21st, 2010, 00:10
but I must say that I like the Copa a lot
I am not usually a fan of the 'show bars' but we visited the Copa show before we headed to Xyte a couple of weeks ago during my Thailand trip (one week in Pattaya)and we enjoyed it. The seating was full but they found 3 small stools and a small table and sat us just infront of the top row so we had a good view and the show was very good, the last segment of a comedy routine about the titanic which included some ad-libs in which a young Australian audience member entered into the fun spirit of the night to give a funny finale to the show.

So I was pleasantly surprised. Also the size of the crowd was a surprise and there was a good choice of agogo guys on the stage after the show. BBB had more customers than my last visit in July, but not nearly as busy as Copa.

The only other Boyztown agogo i visited was Funny Boys, and as usual had a good selection of guys with lots of eye contact and attempts at contact from the stage. Most who comment positively about Funny boys always talk about the low music volume, for me it is one of the things I don't like about Funny boys, it is SO low it doesn't help the atmosphere in my opinion as you can hear the (mostly) farang customers round about blabbing on about stuff you just don't want to hear when you are in for a bit of fun and trying to get a bit of a rapport with the boys onstage, i prefer a bit of a din round about me in the agogos.

I also visited Dynamite in Pattayaland and found a large selection of guys there maybe 15 on stage at a time with good rotation. Pity there were only a handful of customers.

I also noticed Star Boys was shut....didn't have time to ask around as to why.....anybody know?

And just a passing note... I know a couple of guys who work in Pattayaland soi 1 and there is starting to be a feeling of illwill towards the X-boys/x-men bar from the boys who work in the other bars in the soi as it has fuck shows and they are starting to attract the attention of the bkk authorities as well as the the local BIB and the boys at bars further down the soi have said that there have been more raids in the past 2 months as the previous 2 years, and i think they are on edge as they are not being given the usual local bib raid warnings, to allow the guys 'on something' to feel comfortable at their work. Well those are moans I received from a couple of guys i know and 2-3 other guys when at NAB.

catawampuscat
October 21st, 2010, 00:21
Trip reports are one of the best aspects of this forum and this was a good one.. :headbang:

October 21st, 2010, 00:38
...there is starting to be a feeling of illwill towards the X-boys/x-men bar ....they are starting to attract the attention of the bkk authorities as well as the the local BIB ...there have been more raids in the past 2 months as the previous 2 years....

Funny how a fuck show or two can attract attention from the Police whereas the occasional suspicious death or two seems not to be worthy of even a raised eyebrow.

Can't have anything to do with which direction or quantity of "money-flow" can it?

:occasion9:

TravellerDave
October 21st, 2010, 13:07
Thanks Joba - Very Good report on Pattaya
I'm there is a few weeks and its nice to get an up-to-date view of the scene.
Last time I was a little disappointed about the Jomtien gay beach in that there didnt seem to be enough attractive boys, whereas in previous years I had often picked one up after a day there sitting, drinking and the occasional swim. The hot sun made me horny !.