PDA

View Full Version : pattaya today

October 18th, 2010, 19:53
I just wondered if the pattaya/jomtien area is as bad as some are saying, with regard to the number of farang, visiting . Most boys say that the off scene is very bad at the moment, causing lots to use sites such as gay romeo etc, or is it just a normal low season. If bad , what do u think is the reason? As im a visitor and not expat , i suggest its the exchange rate at the present time

October 18th, 2010, 20:17
This has been happening for a while now. The quality (and quantity in certain places) are not just there now. There wil always be the go go's and the bars that go with them, but eventually it just won't be worth bothering. The balance of money does not make sense at the moment. Everything has doubled in priced basically, with the strong bht and then putting up of prices. And "they" just won't budge. Look back a few years and look at the what was available and look now. There's no comparison. Best to venture other parts of the world.

October 18th, 2010, 20:43
I agree with your thinking on the increased rates, but even most of farang bar owners have gone the same way as the thai, ie , less money in therefore increase the prices, im told even good go-go such as funny boys in bt have increased their drink prices to 150bht. I know the vat has also increased on booze, but think how much you can buy a bottle for in 7-11 etc, compared to a bar.I hope to try the corner bars beer on tap for my next trip,never gone there in the past.(Now ive posted this , im bound to be called a cheap charley)

October 18th, 2010, 22:20
It's not a question of being a Cheap Charlie it's a question of value for money, and at the moment the go-go bars at 150B - 200B per drink are not offering value for money, either in prices or selection.

October 19th, 2010, 01:03
Best to venture other parts of the world.

I agree with your post entirely WD and was wondering out of curiosity; what other parts of the world do you have in mind.

Cheers,

George.

colmx
October 19th, 2010, 01:06
I'm recently back from 10 days in Pattaya and to me it seems Sunnee is just as busy as its always been for the last few years...(excluding High Season)

Most bars that i hit had 4-5 customers and bars like Mic My and Nice Boys were pretty full most nights...
Only visited Lucky 777, Dynamite, Copa and WWB in Pattayaland area... all had 4-5 customers each too

From talking to boys... the bars are busy... but people are not getting offed.

Despite that Dave and NAB are still 70% full most nights, so there is money some place!

markie1
October 19th, 2010, 03:16
Well having just come back from a 10 day stay in Pataya, i thought the whole gay scene was very quiet ,infact i really do not know how some of the bars are surviving.
Pataya around boys town was pretty dead apart from a half full house in panarama, The New Cafe Royal has not really taken off, what a shame! has i really used to enjoy cafe royal after Boyz boyz boyz, and what has happened to Boyz boyz boyz, its had a renavation at the back bar, not sure if it is going to work with extra seating there ,only two years ago this place was packed at 12.00, why do the boys not go in there any more ? is it the drink prices at 170 Baht a go !
Also visited a few bars in the other Soi round the corner, The new Xbar ,show was a little disopointing , drinks at 180 baht with only 5 customers to see the show,, visited the Bar upstairs think it was next door or close by ,nice selection of guys and a good show ,nice to see they have changed this bar and more of a boy show rather than a lady boy show and one that i think will last ,had more customers than any other bar i went in .
Sunnee was very quiet really , had a couple customers in each bar ,some had none ,how do they survive ??,had a few games of pool at corner bar and come in bar ,these two bars seem to attract most customers.
Spent a few days on the beech jomtien, again very Quiet apart from the sales boys.
Spent the last 3 days in BKK, Soi twilight was not overly busy ,although xboys at show time had a fairly ful house ,show was the same has the last two years ,so nothing new ,drinks still priced at 220 baht,did nt venture in to other bars in that Soi,only i hate to pay 250/300 for a drink, so just sat in the outside bars where the drinks are much cheaper,Visited DJ station full house has useual,prices are very good 200Baht entrance fee and two free drinks great value for money ,if you like to mingle in a can of sardines!!
Screw boys was fun has always ,open later than soi twilight bars ,nice selection of guys and drinks at 200 baht ,only drank coke wich i hate to pay 200 baht for ,but what can you do ,all drinks are the same price ,maybe these bar owners should think about pricing drinks accordingly.
surely a soft drink can not be has much has a alcoholic drink!
Visited the bars behind the Tawtawan ,a little seedy ,but had fun ,there is about 4 of them in the space of 400 yards, do not remember the names ,one might have been nature boys ,.
Well looking forward to my next trrip if i can offord it .
Had a lot of fun
,if i can offord it

colmx
October 19th, 2010, 05:20
only two years ago this place was packed at 12.00, why do the boys not go in there any more ? is it the drink prices at 170 Baht a go !

Its because they are all in NAB or Dave...
Alternatively they are in Tum Nan Khon issan or Tum Nan Chon (not much western music or farang there though)
Or on Gayromeo...

lonelywombat
October 19th, 2010, 06:01
only two years ago this place was packed at 12.00, why do the boys not go in there any more ? is it the drink prices at 170 Baht a go !

Its because they are all in NAB or Dave...
Alternatively they are in Tum Nan Khon issan or Tum Nan Chon (not much western music or farang there though)
Or on Gayromeo...

I think markie1 meant to say why do farang no longer go into BBB. I think now the bar has new owners, Madam Jim is more interested in his cocks in frocks and charity than the humdrum side of BBB. Someone might care to comment on his role with the new owners.I rarely bother to look in there anymore and when I do usually do not finish my drink.

In the early 90's BBB had a midnight shower show of their most beautiful boys. It wasnt the full on sex shows that showers shows seem to have become , but an erotic show with boys wearing undies that easily became see through when wet and sometimes they stripped completely and modestly tried to contain their erections in their hands. They did most of the time get hard with little effort.

I actually paid a few times for a boy to do a shower show. I think just like the old
jack off shows at Crazy pub before it became Krazy, where they put a bin with 2 x 100 baht notes in for the JO race, there could be an idea here.

Mamasan comes forward with a bin and 200 baht and calls for support.
Then those who are willing are invited to come forward for bids to strip and shower. Bar and audience members could quite easily raise it to 500 b and that would be quite an incentive for boys to volunteer.

Just as Happyplacebar has shown, you have to come forward with something that is not tired.

BTW the swim show at Copa would be more interesting if the boys wore underwear than swimmers.