PDA

View Full Version : Obama makes more trouble for gays

springco
October 15th, 2010, 22:33
Very good article titled Obama Stiffs Gays in Military Again, Don't Act, Don't Lead

http://www.counterpunch.org/lindorff10152010.html

October 16th, 2010, 08:01
http://www.blackagendareport.com/images/stories/083/HouseTobyFetch.jpg

Mark P. Fancher: House Slaves, Field Slaves and the Obama Predicament

From blackagendareport.com тАФ Tue, 05/13/2008 - 18:00

:bot: :bot: :bot: :bot: :bot: :bot: :bot: :bot: :bot: :bot: :bot:

Thus, a house slave - or an African who aspired to become a house slave - was faced with the choice of either pleasing the master at all costs in order to preserve a relatively privileged position, or, resolve that even if there were benefits to living under the master's roof, they were not worth losing the little bit of dignity and self-respect that even a slave might have if he or she was willing to fight for them.

Africans may have ultimately moved off of the plantation, but many continue to seek their place in the big house. Modern big houses may be executive positions in major corporations тАУ or even entry level jobs. A big house might be tenure on a university faculty, or a partnership in a major law firm. The shared characteristic of all of these "big houses" is that in some way, shape or form, the aspirant must gain favor with gatekeepers. To accomplish this, Africans must frequently suppress or conceal much about themselves that connects them to their culture.

Only time will tell whether the unrelenting beating that Obama has taken in recent weeks for no reason other than he happens to be African will be the cold slap in the face that reminds the slaves out in the field that merely becoming a resident of the big house does not transform the new occupant into the master. Although many see value - even if only sentimental or symbolic - in electing a black president, it should become increasingly apparent that if the quest for a position in the big house compels a slave to abandon his pastor, ignore his community, commit to a corporate and Zionist agenda, and pander to bigots, then it is likely that once he moves in, he will have to stay with that program if he wants to keep his job.

On the plantation, it is likely that many of the field slaves who managed to talk their way into the big house entered fully conscious of the likelihood that the humiliation they would suffer there would reach intolerable limits.

elephantspike
October 16th, 2010, 09:26
Ok, the race baiting directly above is so ridiculous that I suspect it is the work of someone who is trying to make it look like everyone who criticizes The President is a racist.

Lets look at his recent record: He plans on challenging this decision in favor of gay rights; He expressed displeasure on the decision to allow corporate "personhood" when it comes to campaign contributions but as far as I know, has no plan to challenge it. Remind me again why this guy is considered a liberal and a champion of the working class?

To his credit, he did veto the bill that would have given The Banksters even more power to carry-out mass unwarranted foreclosures.

October 16th, 2010, 18:47
I suspect it is the work of someone who is trying to make it look like everyone who criticizes The President is a racist.

Mark P. Fancher, a human rights lawyer, writer and activist, has correctly predicted Obama's obsequious opportunism. So Mark P. Fancher is in agreement with you тАУ and me. You have obviously misunderstood the first sentence of the third paragraph and the strained relationship between field slaves and house slaves. I admit that the article is far too long for these fast-moving times. Have a nice weekend!

elephantspike
October 17th, 2010, 08:25
Oh. OK. It wasn't so much the length as it was the exessive smilies that distracted me. :laughing3:

quiet1
October 17th, 2010, 19:39
Oh. OK. It wasn't so much the length as it was the exessive smilies that distracted me. :laughing3:
I thought it was just me. I could not fnish reading the post, those "things" were so distracting.

One more for the "ignore" list if s/he continues posting like that.