PDA

View Full Version : More Soi Duangthawee / Suriwong Clubs

Surfcrest
April 26th, 2006, 09:54
Last night I set out to explore a few Bangkok bars that I missed on my earlier tours this year with a few repeats of some better ones. One club that I missed on the first go was X Man a go-go, upstairs from X Boys Thailand. Well, it wasn't to be as X Man is closed for renovations. On the plus side though, they compressed the talent from upstairs into the downstairs club so you can see the best of the best at X Boys Thailand. This includes the traveling dance troupe that performs two numbers instead of one at each club.

I did however make it in to the Jupiter club. Friends tell me that they put on a pretty good show at Jupiter, but it didn't look like there was a show scheduled last night (unless it was very late). If you know the Duangthawee or Boys Soi staff that works the street you'll know that they push the envelope when it comes to virtually dragging you in to this club or that. I walked by two boys dressed in Hawaiian shirts and standing on the corner of Suriwong realizing only upon leaving that they worked for Jupiter. There are a few more outside of the club, who also arenтАЩt pushy (where else would I be going by this point :)

The club is a two level affair with a fairly large stage that extends to both levels. There are opening in the wall that the boys appear from and rotate between from behind. The boys begin their rapid rotation (non dancing last night / only posing) from the upper left and continuing down to the stage at bar level. All of the boys that I saw had nice defined bodies, very masculine looking and rather handsome. The service on the floor was quick and snappy without any pressure or pestering. I think for the serious bar goers that are looking for this type of man that this would be the sensible choice.

After that I went around the corner to Teamboy on Suriwong. The boys on the street werenтАЩt too pushy here and were rather welcoming. You have to walk through a small cocktail lounge on street level to get to the stairs that take you up to the bar. When I arrived the only other customer in the bar was just leaving. IтАЩm not sure why but I had this strange feeling that I had been here before, perhaps many years ago when it was something else. The army of staff in red is all over you when you arrive. I saw a few customers that arrived after I did and left right away, looking more than overwhelmed by the barrage. The host sat with me the whole time and told me he could tell me anything about any of the boys. He told me that he picks the boys himself and interviews each one about everything before they start work. When I asked him a question about one handsome boy, he told me that the boy only started work 4 days ago. When I pressed him further about the boy, he told me that he didnтАЩt know and that I could sit with the boy and ask him myself. Then I asked him if there is anything he knew about the boy beside the fact that he just started work and he told me that the boy couldnтАЩt speak hardly any English. When I asked the host how long he worked at this club he told me 12 years. I told him that the club looked familiar, like how I remembered the Barbiery many years ago. He told me that indeed it was the Barbiery when he first started working there. Later that night the host at X Boys told me that Teamboys wasnтАЩt the Barbiery and that Dreamboys is in that location now. The configuration of Dreamboys doesnтАЩt match how I recall the Barbiery and I would bet on Teamboys, but I donтАЩt know. Never the less there are a few nice looking boys at Teamboys, but there is too many staff and some (including some of the go-go boys) are too pushy. I would rather pick the boy that I sit with, rather than have someone sit uninvited.

I dropped into Classic Boys to catch the show and was pleasantly surprised to find a totally different and quite entertaining show. There were many new faces that I hadnтАЩt seen only weeks ago as well that looked quite attractive.

There are still a few more clubs / bars in the area that I havenтАЩt been yet and hope to explore before the week is over. There are also a few that are worthy of some additional visits including X Boys Thailand where my current boy special dances.

Surfcrest

April 26th, 2006, 10:41
Jupiter is pretty well known as a haven for Sticky Rice, and the last time I was in Teamboy they hadn't changed a thing since Dream Boy moved out - and didn't look as though they had the money to do so even if they wanted to

April 27th, 2006, 06:39
Surfcrest, your feelings were correct.

The site which is currently TeamBoys was DreamBoys before, and still before that it was Barbiery.

The site has been a go-go bar for many years, and has changed little inside during those years.

Ah, the accumulated wisdom of age. :cheese:

Surfcrest
April 27th, 2006, 10:14
Neddy, thanks for the information.

I went back again last night to have another look.
The Colonel is also most correct in his beliefs as well.

If you look at the mirror you will see where it says TEAMBOYS BARBIER.
My guess is that it was cheaper to replace the DR with a T, rather than to change the name entirely.
Perhaps the Y at the end of BARBIER fell down or was removed so as not to reference the old club.
I remember the amazing shows they used to have at the Barbiery, where they use to lock the door and post look-outs on the stairs. They still do the same thing, but the show was a far cry from days gone by.
The drag show was a bit tired and you can't do the painted body dance with your trunks still on.
My boy special does the show right it at X Boys.
Unlike the night before, there were several customers in TeamBoy last night.

Last night I dropped into Hot Male, formerlly The Twilight Club.
It was like a memory night, seeing these two clubs that were around for so many years.
I was told last night that the management changed at Twilight, hence the name change.
It didn't seem much different to me.
There are some good looking boys at Hot Male. Nothing in the bar has changed any. The stage is still an elevated oval where 10 boys dance 5 aside. There are several mirrors so you can see both sides dancing, including the all important rear view.
The show was pretty good, well choreographed dance numbers, full nudity candle dance, body paint, big cock and more.
The boys still try and saddle up to you while you sit. That turned out for the best for me, as the boy that came to me was full of good information about the other boys him. I helped him get into costume for his dance number.
The bar was pretty full last night or so it seemed with all the boys also seated throughout the club.

Surfcrest

April 28th, 2006, 06:38
Surfcrest, there are a few changes in Hot Male, from its Twilight days.
They are not so much or so obvious.

No more ancient dragmamasans to be seen - retired?
The old toilet in the showroom is gone, and replaced by a rather swish toilet out of the main room, and down a little ramp, with nicely decorated walls. Novel.
The DJ has been moved up to the corner behind the cashiers, where there had been a cubicle for shower shows.

Many other things remain unchanged, including the layout of the bar, and the propensitity of the boys to come up and try to chat.
The shows were good the last times I went. There is a nice selection of boys.
Actually, it is one of my preferred bars in that soi. Friendlier than some, good shows, boys who appeal to me, and especially because the music volume is below pain threshhold, some thing the X bars across the soi don't understand.

April 28th, 2006, 06:38
Surfcrest, there are a few changes in Hot Male, from its Twilight days.
They are not so much or so obvious.

No more ancient dragmamasans to be seen - retired?
The old toilet in the showroom is gone, and replaced by a rather swish toilet out of the main room, and down a little ramp, with nicely decorated walls. Novel.
The DJ has been moved up to the corner behind the cashiers, where there had been a cubicle for shower shows.

Many other things remain unchanged, including the layout of the bar, and the propensitity of the boys to come up and try to chat.
The shows were good the last times I went. There is a nice selection of boys.
Actually, it is one of my preferred bars in that soi. Friendlier than some, good shows, boys who appeal to me, and especially because the music volume is below pain threshhold, some thing the X bars across the soi don't understand.

lonelywombat
April 28th, 2006, 07:16
in 1990 my first 2 bars to visit from the small list in Spartucas were Twilight and Barbiery

Over the years I enjoyed both for different reasons.

When Barbiery moved to the soi near Golden Cock it seemed to lose something.

From memory it was on the second floor, and there was a gym owned by the same people on the first

I now prefer Jupiter, but preferred it when it was in the old location in the Suriwong Hotel building.