PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen's Club

October 9th, 2010, 21:10
Please help me....I'm looking for Robert from the old Gentlemen's Club.

thank you

October 10th, 2010, 00:40
Try Interpol.com

:occasion9:

October 10th, 2010, 04:22
Try Interpol.com :occasion9:

Or Toy Town

Beachlover
October 10th, 2010, 05:06
Well, you may be mocking the poster, but at least you're doing him a favour by bumping the thread/question up to the top of the page again!

jcowle
October 10th, 2010, 20:16
Outside the what was the Gentleman's Club is a contact number, for renting the place, may be worth trying this avenue.

francois
October 11th, 2010, 00:07
I sent a PM to OP requesting more info regarding his post. Previously he had asked for contact info for a Billy but also with no reason given. No response to my PM.

giggsy
October 11th, 2010, 00:34
I sent a PM to OP requesting more info regarding his post. Previously he had asked for contact info for a Billy but also with no reason given. No response to my PM.

Maybe its the taxman.

October 11th, 2010, 06:39

Maybe its the taxman.

Or the Taxidermist.

Beachlover
October 11th, 2010, 15:43
How about the f*ck you up man?

October 11th, 2010, 16:03

In my experience a good stuffing never hurt anybody - especially if they were (or appeared to be)dead at the time.

lonelywombat
October 11th, 2010, 16:40

In my experience a good stuffing never hurt anybody - especially if they were (or appeared to be)dead at the time.

So at last you admit it.Even though you appear to be dead most of the time.

October 11th, 2010, 17:42
... you appear to be dead most of the time.

How hurtful!

I shall have to lie down in a darkened room with a cup of sweet tea now.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Beachlover
October 11th, 2010, 18:15

Lying down? Darkened room? You're lifting up the kilt to clean the dashboard aren't you?! :blackeye:

Shuee
October 12th, 2010, 00:43
i thought this place was no more, finished, but may be wrong

francois
October 12th, 2010, 01:31

Yes, it closed about 2 or 3 years ago as I recall. Likely the owner returned to Europe?

October 12th, 2010, 02:37

Yes, it closed about 2 or 3 years ago as I recall. Likely the owner returned to Europe?

.....or WAS returned to Europe - Switzerland I believe.

witchhunt
October 12th, 2010, 05:10

Lying down? Darkened room? You're lifting up the kilt to clean the dashboard aren't you?! :blackeye:

Beachlover that was a great response. I hope I can remember that . I have a few jock friends that I can use that on.

Back to the Gentlemens club. Was that not the first place that Madam Jim first got involved with before BBB.That would have to be the mid eighties? It had a dreadful reputation for almost all the time it was open.
Was Cockpit open and running in those days?

October 12th, 2010, 14:48
Back to the Gentlemens club. Was that not the first place that Madam Jim first got involved with before BBB.That would have to be the mid eighties? It had a dreadful reputation for almost all the time it was open.
Was Cockpit open and running in those days?

The 'man in a skirt' did indeed take it over around 1988. The Swiss guy who owned it did a runner from the BIB.

The Cockpit was open, it was the first in that Soi and goes back a few years before the two infamous Jocks turned up.

October 12th, 2010, 15:51
...The Swiss guy who owned it did a runner from the BIB.

The way I heard it he was (allegedy) removed, many years ago, by Interpol & BIB for the reasons you give PLUS the production of "illustrated literature and/or visual media". Whilst "away" he was (allegedly) banned from Thailand - and the bar was kept running on his behalf by the mamasan. Then, lo and behold he turned up again some months later as large as life and running the same operation, despite (allegedly) being barred from entry to Thailand.

Why he subsequently appears to have done another runner (about 2yrs ago by my reckoning) - can only be guessed at.

October 12th, 2010, 16:54
...The way I heard it he was (allegedy) removed, many years ago, by Interpol & BIB for the reasons you give PLUS the production of "illustrated literature and/or visual media". Whilst "away" he was (allegedly) banned from Thailand - and the bar was kept running on his behalf by the mamasan. Then, lo and behold he turned up again some months later as large as life and running the same operation, despite (allegedly) being barred from entry to Thailand.
Why he subsequently appears to have done another runner (about 2yrs ago by my reckoning) - can only be guessed at. :occasion9:

I don't know if he 'turned' up again, he did do a runner and the bar was taken over by the two 'brilliant' businessmen who did so 'well' in Scotland that they had loads of cash available on arrival in Thaliand! The bar was then run by an English guy who was later killed in a motorcylce accident in Pattaya. After that I don't know who took it over.

October 12th, 2010, 17:18
...The way I heard it he was (allegedy) removed, many years ago, by Interpol & BIB for the reasons you give PLUS the production of "illustrated literature and/or visual media". Whilst "away" he was (allegedly) banned from Thailand - and the bar was kept running on his behalf by the mamasan. Then, lo and behold he turned up again some months later as large as life and running the same operation, despite (allegedly) being barred from entry to Thailand.
Why he subsequently appears to have done another runner (about 2yrs ago by my reckoning) - can only be guessed at. :occasion9:

I don't know if he 'turned' up again, he did do a runner and the bar was taken over by the two 'brilliant' businessmen who did so 'well' in Scotland that they had loads of cash available on arrival in Thaliand! The bar was then run by an English guy who was later killed in a motorcylce accident in Pattaya. After that I don't know who took it over.

Any involvement of the Tartan Twosome either pre-dates my experience of Pattaya or it passed me by - I defer to your knowledge on that.

But I DO know the Swiss disappeared many years ago - for the reasons alleged - and returned several months later - that's a definite.
He finally disappeared AGAIN about 2yrs ago.
The above is all hearsay, but extremely well-informed hearsay

Only 1 of the Tartan Twosome worked for the Company you refer to - which was a house building Company I shall not name.

Having said all that - my guess is Jinks will have all our comments removed within 2 hours - despite the liberal use of the word "allegedly"

:evil4:

October 12th, 2010, 17:38
Only 1 of the Tartan Twosome worked for the Company you refer to - which was a house building Company I shall not name. :

Yes, one was a director and the other a company secretary. The full story is still available on line at:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... n12586343/ (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20031005/ai_n12586343/)

October 12th, 2010, 17:40
Yes, one was a director and the other a company secretary.

I stand corrected!

Beachlover
October 12th, 2010, 18:08
Wow, is that a sorry tale. I wonder if they will ever do each other over.