PDA

View Full Version : Airport taxi

pudel
October 9th, 2010, 15:01
Can anybody recommend an Airport taxi to Jomtien (we are 3) then please indicate email-address and mobile phone
its for November 8th :hello2: thank you in advance <pudel

allieb
October 9th, 2010, 16:41
http://www.mrdreamtransport.page.tl/

Mr Dream Transport is good I booked them for my trip in September and a driver was waiting for me with my name on a board. 1,200 Airport to Pattaya and 1,100 if you say you are a Sawatdee member. Car was a Volvo driver spoke English.

Very reliable I have used them many several times

Koh Samui Luv
October 9th, 2010, 17:45
I used Mr. Dream Transport but over a year ago. He used to post here. I found his service to be excellent. His web site is here: http://www.mrdreamtransport.page.tl/

Beachlover
October 9th, 2010, 22:34
http://www.mrdreamtransport.page.tl/

Mr Dream Transport is good I booked them for my trip in September and a driver was waiting for me with my name on a board. 1,200 Airport to Pattaya and 1,100 if you say you are a Sawatdee member. Car was a Volvo driver spoke English.

Very reliable I have used them many several times

Suggest you do some research online (Google his name) before using Mr Dream Transport.

If you do choose to use them, DO NOT pay in advance for the service. They can simply not show up and you will likely lose the money you paid. There are plenty of taxi services, which don't require a deposit or full amount paid upfront on booking.

1. There have been many complaints about the service and its reliability.

2. People have reported paying in advance with no refund when the driver didn't show and the business was unresponsive. It appears the service was reliable for some months, then all of a sudden a heap of people were ripped off over a period of 2-3 months and never heard from him again.

3. The man behind it has a dubious reputation and what he said here wasn't entirely consistent with what I was told first hand.

My personal experience with them is: (1) I used them once. (2) the service was rendered reliably, but (3) what he says on these forums is inconsistent with the real setup and of the business and the way it is operated. My driver told me the farang who posted here is not the owner of the business. The business is owned by a Thai man with a young daughter. The Thai man is the real, "Mr Dream". The farang is simply a friend who partnered with him and generates leads/bookings online and, I assume, earns a little commission for it.

There are posts on other forums saying this guy is dubious. I recall one post on a gay forum from someone who paid in advance via PayPal, was never picked up and never refunded.

pudel
October 9th, 2010, 23:02
Thank you Beachlover for your warnings :notworthy: I suppose we will take PTtaxiservices - have a nice sunday
<pudel

October 10th, 2010, 00:35
Pudel

If there are 3 of you and (presumably) associated luggage I can recommend the following excellent air-con minibus service which will give you plenty of space to stretch out rather than end up crammed into a small/medium taxi with half the luggage in with you because it wont fit in the boot!

Mr Jo - Pimlapat Mobile: 086-3085568/087-1296087

Price will be around 1800B all inclusive.

:occasion9:

vpnoy
October 10th, 2010, 09:55
I used Pattaya Taxi Service recently (in Sept) and was pleased with the service. We (3 of us) were picked up in a nice Camry and dropped off in front of our hotel. No need to pay up front. Pay the driver when you arrived at your destination.

You can arrange for your trip back to BKK/Airport as well. Airport to Pattaya is 1000b, return trip to Airport is 900b.

Check the web site http://www.pttaxiservice.com/ and send an email with your arrival and destination info to confirm availability and rate. I got email responses within 24 hour.

pudel
October 10th, 2010, 16:21
You are right, scottish-gay, we need a comfortable transport :laughing3: (our twenties are already behind us) has Mr. Jo
also a website otherwise we prefer PTtaxiservices (same price for a Minibus) have a nice Sunday <pudel

allieb
October 11th, 2010, 02:04
Beachlover Re Mr Dream

I must say that when I emailed them 3 days before my departure to book my car I said I would pay the driver. I would never part with money before service with a Thai or an Arab. I got a reply the next day. I phoned the day of my departure and asked to speak with Jason the American who previously told me he was Mr Dream. A Thai guy told me that he wasn't around but confirmed my booking.

When I arrived at BKK Airport a driver called my Thai mobile number and told me he was waiting with my name on a board. Sure enough there he was. He was a very nice Thai guy who intrduced himself as Mr Dream. I asked him how he could be Mr Dream as Jason was. He told me that Jason had done a runner and nobody knew where he was. Jason was an American who just assisted in getting business

I was driven to Pattaya for 1,100 bhat. I recognised the black Volvo car converted to Gas with leather seats from a previous ride to the airport with a different company. He told to ring him on his direct mobile number when I wanted to go back and it would be 900 Baht. As a matter of fact I didn't use him goig back as got a ride from someone else.

I have no complaint but I didn't pay in advance if anybody wants the mobile number of the Thai driver who says he's Mr Dream PM me

Beachlover
October 11th, 2010, 12:49
Hey Allieb, I had the same experience, except for the bit about being told Jason had done a runner.

My driver was a cheerful Thai guy who made a point of saying, "I am Mr Dream. I am the real Mr Dream." He also said, "Jason me good friend, I don't know what he do on internet."

I guess, soon after that, Jason did a runner with a heap of customer payments, leaving "Mr Dream" confused and probably damaging his business in some way. There's a lot of reports on some of the "straight" Pattaya boards about this. Jason (handle: Mr Dream Transport) no longer posts anywhere.

If you think about it, it's a mildly viable way for a crook to make some money if he can get away with it (arguable). I imagine this might be what happened:

1. He spends a few months building up his brand presence on these forums online, telling people he has started this business and operates to high standards, servicing customers by taking/administering bookings to build up a reputation for being established, reliable, reasonably priced and friendly. He probably doesn't earn much from this stage but there are bigger things to come...

2. Now that he has everyone's trust, he starts introducing a policy of either (1) getting all bookings to pay upfront using PayPal or (2) offering a small discount to those who pay upfront online.

3. By this stage, he should be taking a steady stream of bookings each week. Let's assume, for the same of this theory, he now takes 30 bookings a week. That's about 30,000 baht/week.

4. Now he continues taking bookings and payments, but STOPS passing on the bookings (and fees) to "Mr Dream", the business owner.

5. Some people book a few days in advance. Some book weeks or months in advance. So he could probably keep doing this for a number of weeks before he is caught out. Let's say he is strategic about, which bookings he passes on and, which ones he keeps. He passes on the more immediate bookings, to delay the scam being "outed". He keeps two thirds of the bookings.

6. If he can get away with it for about 8 weeks... 20,000 baht/week... that equates to about 160,000 baht.

cdnmatt
October 11th, 2010, 21:14
If he can get away with it for about 8 weeks... 20,000 baht/week... that equates to about 160,000 baht.

160,000 baht + a very pissed off Thai guy, who more than likely, has quite a few friends. Definitely not something I'd try to pull in Thailand.

That "land of smiles" image is all bullshit. Once you get into it, this is actually quite a vicious country.

October 11th, 2010, 23:26
That "land of smiles" image is all bullshit. Once you get into it, this is actually quite a vicious country.

Hey Matt, why not try repeating Beachlover's mantra "It gets better".

It gets better... it gets better... it gets better... it gets better... et cetera ad nauseum.

Beachlover claims this nostrum works wonders for those who are young such as yourself.

Beachlover
October 12th, 2010, 08:49
160,000 baht + a very pissed off Thai guy, who more than likely, has quite a few friends.
I don't know if the Thai guy would have been pissed off enough to go after him. If he did what was is speculated as possible here, he ran off with customers' money. He didn't take money from the Thai guy and run. The Thai guy never had to render services to those customers so he's not out of pocket. I think the damage would've been limited to less tangible factors like loss of reputation etc.Iif he was dumb enough to actually take off with money owing to the Thai guy... well, different story.

I think it's more because there's such a contrast between how charming and gentle Thais normally are and how they can be violent when provoked (naturally - as is normal) than the fact that they are overly violent compared to other countries. We think they are so peaceful and gently, but they can get angry and violent just like any other nationality can.

Of course, they do have a tendency to really lose it when they lose their temper (as rare as it is) too... It's kind of like the most calm and nice teachers you had in High School. They were so relaxed compared to other teachers. So you keep pushing them bit by bit until one day they explode and it's like a nuclear bomb going off in the classroom.

"It gets better".... works wonders for those who are young such as yourself.
Obviously doesn't work for bitter old f*cksticks...