View Full Version : Boy Bingo from 22 Oct

lonelywombat
October 6th, 2010, 11:55
[attachment=0:2l15s6th]DSCF0214.jpg[/attachment:2l15s6th]

At last somebody is starting to market a go go bar , This was in the PG report I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Happy Place Bar in Pattayaland Soi 2 have announced that starting October 22, 2010 that they will be playing BOY BINGO!

First Prize is the off fee for a boy of your choice AND the boy gets a 1,000 baht tip from us! So, no fees required.

Various other prizes donated by other supporting businesses.

Bingo cards are 100 baht and 20% goes to charity.

allieb
October 6th, 2010, 12:11
Taking prostitution as low as it can get!!! The poor boy doesn't even get to refuse who wins him. Sick Sick Sick

witchhunt
October 6th, 2010, 13:29
Taking prostitution as low as it can get!!! The poor boy doesn't even get to refuse who wins him. Sick Sick Sick

What are you on. put some water in it. The boys does not have to take part if he does not want to. The 1000 baht paid to the boy in addition to a tip, would be quite exciting. As these boys get a basic salary of less than 4000 baht per month, some less than 2500, it is a big deal for them. I reckon they would be very competitive.

Narakmak
October 6th, 2010, 14:21
Also, you don't really know the winner's choice couldn't decline. If he was really grossed out couldn't he just say, I have diarhea, take another choice, or failing that just quit his job? Are they slaves? I think not.

lonelywombat
October 6th, 2010, 17:04
Also, you don't really know the winner's choice couldn't decline. If he was really grossed out couldn't he just say, I have diarhea, take another choice, or failing that just quit his job? Are they slaves? I think not.

I am not sure I understand 100% what you mean. But for a boy to get 1000 baht plus say another 1000 baht tip with the chance of a long term +++ it would have to be something he would not want to miss.
Sure they are in it for cash and there is not a lot around ATM
My congratulations to the owners for being smart. I think I hope it works.

Narakmak
October 6th, 2010, 17:12

I am not sure I understand 100% what you mean. But for a boy to get 1000 baht plus say another 1000 baht tip with the chance of a long term +++ it would have to be something he would not want to miss.
Sure they are in it for cash and there is not a lot around ATM
My congratulations to the owners for being smart. I think I hope it works.
Another poster implied they would be forced to go with any winner who choices them. They won't be forced, though almost certainly they will go because they are there to earn money. Duh.

paulg
October 6th, 2010, 18:02
Can the farang winner decline the winning boy and choose another one?

First Prize is the off fee for a boy of your choice AND the boy gets a 1,000 baht tip from us! So, no fees required.

sounds good to me.

allieb
October 6th, 2010, 18:14

Its very clear from lonleywombats post the the off fee and the tip is taken care of by the bar, The boys have now become a prize for the winner and the winner gets to choose his boy. I am not against prostitution but to make the boys become a prize is sad.

I have seen boys in gogo bars refuse to go with customers because the Farang is so vile. In effect some boys have limits as to what they do for money. To refuse to go with the prize winner make the game of Bingo Void. Go figure what will happen to the boy!!!
From the replys I think you lot are draging these boys deepr into the pit of shit they already find themselves in.

October 6th, 2010, 18:36
Its very clear from lonleywombats post the the off fee and the tip is taken care of by the bar, The boys have now become a prize for the winner and the winner gets to choose his boy. I am not against prostitution but to make the boys become a prize is sad.
I have seen boys in gogo bars refuse to go with customers because the Farang is so vile. In effect some boys have limits as to what they do for money. To refuse to go with the prize winner make the game of Bingo Void. Go figure what will happen to the boy!!!
From the replys I think you lot are draging these boys deepr into the pit of shit they already find themselves in.

I am inclined to agree with allieb. Thailand has one the biggest 'meat' markets in the world with boys and girls mostly entering it because of poverty and the slim chance of having something that they can only normally dream about. To turn those guys into some kind of prize in a game of chance kind of makes it even more sleazy than it already is, and believe me I am no puritan.

frequentflier
October 6th, 2010, 18:38
This is a crazy idea..whats next,slave market??

October 6th, 2010, 18:40
Initially I had the same unease as Allieb, but on closer reading, it may (I stress, may, because I am not sure if I am correct) be less terrible.

Certainly if it operates like a slave market where a boy is put up for auction, I would consider it beyond the pale.

However, it seems to me that the bingo game is going to be played for the prize of two vouchers: (1) a voucher for an off fee and (2) a voucher for 1,000 baht transferable to any employee of the bar.

As for the choice of the boy, the winner would operate like any other punter, i.e. ask the boys to come over for a drink first. And if he's really obnoxious, the boy may be free to decline the off.

I hope this is the case; I too would dislike a situation where the winner can demand a boy of his choice.

That said, I agree that in practical terms, the boys do not have a lot of choice for economic reasons. The situation is bad enough (although admittedly I am a party to it at times). I hope the bar, through this promotion, does not make it worse.

If any punter is there on the 22nd, perhaps he can report back as to how exactly it worked?

----

On a related note, I was talking to a bar boy a week ago -- he's one I have known for years so we have an easy conversational relationship -- and I asked him how often he exercised his right to decline a customer. The answer he gave was very much what I had expected, that he's gotten used to people of all shapes and sizes and that he rarely declines. But, and this was interesting, he continues to draw the line on two types of customers: No females and no fat farangs. How fat is fat, I asked him. He had a definition that made me laugh: "if stomach him big, so big he cannot see cock, I don't want."

I still have no idea how big that has to be. 45 inches?

So how often does that happen, where you refuse to go with a customer? I persisted in asking. "About two month one time," he said. My rough calculation indicated that, in the slow season, he might get an interested customer only twice a week, or 16 customers over a two-month period. He was turning down 1 in 16. that means he's giving up about 5 - 10 percent of the max he could earn to preserve a little dignity.

Marsilius
October 6th, 2010, 19:41
I have seen boys in gogo bars refuse to go with customers because the Farang is so vile.

Over the years I have asked several boys to clarify this point. The invariable answer has been that they are not allowed to refuse to go with a man - no matter how "vile" - but do have the right to refuse to go with the occasional woman who wants to off a boy.

Beachlover
October 6th, 2010, 20:24
Can the farang winner decline the winning boy and choose another one?
:bis:

Beachlover
October 6th, 2010, 20:51
Crikey, why the hysteria? You're simply being given credit (i.e. a "voucher") for one off fee and a 1,000 baht tip for whatever boy you choose, provided he is available, of course.

I think macaroni21 explains it well. He seems to have a more rational perspective here...

No offense intended - you know I like your open and honest comments, allieb - but I think it's quite odd that you have a serious issue with this, yet you and other members have no issue with walking into a gogo bar and picking a boy off the stage for sex any night of the week you want.

I don't see how this bingo game/prize is much different from a customer walking in and offing a boy and paying the boy himself.

The boy probably still has as much right to decline as he would an ordinary paying customer. They just make an excuse and the farang chooses another boy, just as he would on any other night. No one's holding a gun to their head.

Narakmak
October 6th, 2010, 21:45
On a macro level, they have made the choice they will be going with all kinds of customers by working in a go go bar. Yes in some cases it may be true that they see this as their best available economic option, but it is not their only option, so it isn't slavery.

DCbob
October 6th, 2010, 22:14
I never did like bingo, but I might go for this style.
If it is still available when I get there in December.

frequentflier
October 6th, 2010, 23:14
I think its the concept that is the problem..This looks all wrong and gives credence to all who love to knock the scene in Pattaya.Turning a go go bar/show bar into a human market.no matter what you want to call it,thats what it looks like..People on this forum will defend this type of thing with excuses,but this for me is the last straw.I will not support it.

allieb
October 6th, 2010, 23:19
No offense intended - you know I like your open and honest comments, allieb - but I think it's quite odd that you have a serious issue with this, yet you and other members have no issue with walking into a gogo bar and picking a boy off the stage for sex any night of the week you want.

I don't see how this bingo game/prize is much different from a customer walking in and offing a boy and paying the boy himself.

The boy probably still has as much right to decline as he would an ordinary paying customer. They just make an excuse and the farang chooses another boy, just as he would on any other night. No one's holding a gun to their head.

I have no issue if it works like marcaroni21 thinks it might.

However, it seems to me that the bingo game is going to be played for the prize of two vouchers: (1) a voucher for an off fee and (2) a voucher for 1,000 baht transferable to any employee of the bar.

I would be very happy if it is as you think. 2 vouchers one for the bar and one for the boy who could cash it in after being presented with it. The winner could pick a boy in the same manner we all do that night or on another night.

I would ve very unhappy if the winner was asked to pick his prize in front of all the other punters.

October 6th, 2010, 23:35
I have seen boys in gogo bars refuse to go with customers because the Farang is so vile.

Over the years I have asked several boys to clarify this point. The invariable answer has been that they are not allowed to refuse to go with a man - no matter how "vile" - but do have the right to refuse to go with the occasional woman who wants to off a boy.

My experience is different. In february I have offed a boy from funny boys (for 3 weeks) and he said to me he is always free to go with a customer or not. And what he does or not is also up to him.
I november I will go again and he already calls me now when we meet.................. :bounce:

October 6th, 2010, 23:55
Well, I'm a prostitute to my job and lots of other things as well I could think of. If I didn't pimp myself off to the company I work for I would be a lot more impoverished than these boys from Issan and I don't even have the advantage of being able to return to a farm. I'd be out on the street living as a homeless beggar. So I guess it's all a matter who you are going to sell your ass to. Shit man, I wish my employer would run a bingo contest for us wage slaves.

Brad the Impala
October 7th, 2010, 00:14

Of course it would normally be unacceptable for a guy to refuse to go with a customer in such an obvious way that the customer's feelings were hurt, or that he lost face.

However there are strategies for dealing with this situation, that make the customer feel that he has changed his mind! There is introducing him to a friend who will service the customer's particular proclivities better, and explaining that to the customer(it doesn't take much English). There is the guy's early morning appointment at a hospital for sickness/skin infection that means that not only can the guy not stay overnight, but he could be contagious!! There is a death in the family that means that he has to travel home on the night bus tonight for the funeral etc etc

Brad the Impala
October 7th, 2010, 00:19
I would be very happy if it is as you think. 2 vouchers one for the bar and one for the boy who could cash it in after being presented with it. The winner could pick a boy in the same manner we all do that night or on another night.

I would ve very unhappy if the winner was asked to pick his prize in front of all the other punters.

But punters pick guys out in front of others every night, so why would this make you "very unhappy"?

allieb
October 7th, 2010, 03:39

But punters pick guys out in front of others every night, so why would this make you "very unhappy"?

Most quys invite boys to come and sit with them as the first step while all the other punters are busy doing their own thing. What I mean is, and I think most got my drift that I would b unhappy if the winner was told to come up and claim his boy prize under the spotlight so to speak.

lonelywombat
October 7th, 2010, 05:59

Most quys invite boys to come and sit with them as the first step while all the other punters are busy doing their own thing. What I mean is, and I think most got my drift that I would b unhappy if the winner was told to come up and claim his boy prize under the spotlight so to speak.

If it were me I accept that a punter has to be selected and identified. But the idea of picking the boy out publicly there and then would make me uncomfortable.

I think the boys after that have the chance to say I now am in or out. Only those boys who are available to the winner would be on stage for say the next 30 minutes.

Then the punter informs the mamasan of his choice and the owner gives the boy his 1000 baht and goes offstage to get dressed.

To me that satisfies the objections raised so far and eases the farang's embarrassment, if it worries him.

October 7th, 2010, 07:28
Hi All
Just a thought,Is Bingo Gambling? all forms of chance are illegal in Thailand, other than the lottory run by the goverment. Bingo is a type of gambling.
The Boy Bingo is a money making exercise, and if thay can get away with it , best of luck to them. I don't think the boys will mind. As they are already in the worlds biggest sex meat market.
If the chosen boy does not like the winner, He can all say I SICK By By.
Take Care
Monty

cdnmatt
October 7th, 2010, 07:55
Turning a go go bar/show bar into a human market.no matter what you want to call it,thats what it looks like.

Yes, because Pattaya and go-go bars aren't places to be buying humans, damnit!

I'm with you though. I can't believe they're actually hosting a bingo game, and giving 1300 baht in prizes, 1000 baht of which goes to the staff. How incomprehensible! If I were you, I would never goto that bar, and buy another strange boy in white briefs off the stage again. A bingo game!?! That's just exploiting them!

lol, fuck...

bing
October 7th, 2010, 10:13
I can't tell you boys how happy I am with all the tribulation you are having with the Bingo for boys. I personally will be there with a big smile, and will love to collect the boy of my choice when I win. Many of the guys from this forum are so conflicted over this fun idea that Bingo for boys is nasty and exhibit such concern for the boys, one might think we were in a semi-cloistered monastery. Smell the roses boys, this is Pattaya. If you are not ready to run with the bulldogs, then sit on the porch and keep your mouth shut. All is not lost, you may drool if you so desire. If perchance I do win the boy, and fully intend to do just that, I will indeed post a few lines on how the evening went and if I choose to keep the boy with me.

October 7th, 2010, 13:20
Hi All
Here,, Here,, Bing,, I hope you win,,,It Will bring back memorys,, Of Diving for gold, Or The Last Boy On The Pole, Do You remember where? All just good fun. Enjoy.Enjoy. Life is to short.And don't forget the boy can say NO.
Take Care
Monty

October 7th, 2010, 16:46
I for one cant see the prob, most off us have taken boys off from the bars ( i have anyway ) as far as i see this is like picking a boy without paying the tip. Its just like going to a slave market night in the states , where the guys goes to the highest bidder.

October 7th, 2010, 17:36
The issue is now clearer. The debate is over the question of face and dignity. We all know how the gogo bar business works; we all know it's a harsh reality for the boys.

Some of us however care that we have at least a figleaf for the boys involved. We must at least allow him a modicum of control over his life and his choices, and if the modicum is indeed a tiny one, then we should be generous enough to permit enough face-saving, i.e. we do not go around deliberately pointing out how little control he has over his life. We participate if we can, in a bit of an act, to make it appear that he's going with us out of free will, even when we know, economics have severely limited that free will.

Face-saving gestures are big things for the Thais and other Asian cultures. It hurts me to see people act boorishly without concern for a minimum dignity for the other human.

Yes, we buy sex; it's bad enough. But at least that has a counter-argument that it pays for the boys' food, lodging and their contributions to their families and thus it is not all bad. But rubbing it in by having anything resemble a slave auction is a totally selfish and unnecessary (unnecessary from a business promotion angle, which is what this scheme is about) act that has no countervailing positive.

That's why if it's just giving vouchers, none of us have any objection. If in any way it involves putting the spotlight on a chosen boy, that crosses a line.

Marsilius
October 7th, 2010, 17:57
....unnecessary (unnecessary from a business promotion angle, which is what this scheme is about) act....

On the contrary, from the perspective of the business - and in such a cut-throat commercial environment as Pattaya - it is a real plus to establish a USP [unique selling proposition] that (1) differentiates you from your competitors, (2) generates extra publicity (we are now on page three of this thread) and (3) may thereby draw in extra customers.

We as individuals may choose not to approve of the morality of the new scheme - but commercially this is a completely understandable move.

cdnmatt
October 7th, 2010, 19:07
The debate is over the question of face and dignity.

Dignity? They goto work every night wearing nothing but tight, white briefs while they dance on stage, hoping some 60 year old will fuck them in the ass that night for $40. What dignity are you talking about exactly?

We must at least allow him a modicum of control over his life and his choices, and if the modicum is indeed a tiny one

Don't feel bad for them, as there's no reason to. Most of them come from Issan, and if they wanted, they could easily come back up here and get themselves a decent job. For example, just an entry level position at a coffee shop such as Starbucks starts at around 8000 per month. Granted that's not much, but for a 19yo with a roommate or two, it's just fine. Besides, you're supposed to be poor when you're young.

From there, they can work themselves up if they really wanted to. The opportunity & government assistance is here for them. They're the ones who decide to live in Pattaya, while the vast majority don't. Obviously, treat them well and with respect, but I wouldn't worry about feeling sorry for them. It's their own decision to be in Pattaya.

Face-saving gestures are big things for the Thais and other Asian cultures. It hurts me to see people act boorishly without concern for a minimum dignity for the other human.

Don't be such a hypocrite. You despise a bingo game, but have no issues with buying a total stranger in white briefs off a stage? Really???

October 7th, 2010, 19:09
....unnecessary (unnecessary from a business promotion angle, which is what this scheme is about) act....

On the contrary, from the perspective of the business - and in such a cut-throat commercial environment as Pattaya - it is a real plus to establish a USP [unique selling proposition] that (1) differentiates you from your competitors, (2) generates extra publicity (we are now on page three of this thread) and (3) may thereby draw in extra customers.

We as individuals may choose not to approve of the morality of the new scheme - but commercially this is a completely understandable move.

And equally, from a commercial angle, it won't work.

Most customers do not enter a gogo bar to enjoy the social atmospherics or any little extras the bar may provide - they go in to off a boy they like the look of.

Which Pattayas bars would you say actually HAVE a USP? Krazy Dragon is the only one I can think of and I know they are not packed out every night.

:occasion9:

October 7th, 2010, 19:11
...They go to work every night ..hoping some 60 year old will fuck them in the ass that night for $40....

That's the trouble with you Canucks - everything is bum, bum, bum.

:laughing3:

Beachlover
October 7th, 2010, 19:18
This is ridiculously out of proportion. You guys patronise a fairly degrading industry going to gogo bars to pick boys off the stage every night and you make this big a deal over ONE boy who is going to be picked off the stage (publicly or not, having a choice or not) after a bingo game??

Why make such a big deal about the latter when you have little or no issue with the former?

Turning a go go bar/show bar into a human market.no matter what you want to call it,thats what it looks like..
Shit... How is a gogo bar not already a human meat market??! Fuck, I can think of other promotions in the past, which have been far more degrading than this. Remember the Krazy Dragon thing where they were holding signs like, "I have a **** cock"?

by having anything resemble a slave auction is a totally selfish and unnecessary
I think a gogo bar already resembles a slave auction to some extent. The bingo thing isn't exacerbating it to any significant degree.

I doubt that's going to happen to any more extent than it does when a customer picks a boy off the stage as per normal routine.

October 7th, 2010, 19:20
You guys patronise a fairly degrading industry going to gogo bars to pick boys off the stage every night...

Speak for yourself dear.

Plus, one day even YOU may get fed up wanking.

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

Beachlover
October 7th, 2010, 19:28
Don't feel bad for them, as there's no reason to. Most of them come from Issan, and if they wanted, they could easily come back up here and get themselves a decent job. For example, just an entry level position at a coffee shop such as Starbucks starts at around 8000 per month. Granted that's not much, but for a 19yo with a roommate or two, it's just fine. Besides, you're supposed to be poor when you're young.

From there, they can work themselves up if they really wanted to. The opportunity & government assistance is here for them. They're the ones who decide to live in Pattaya, while the vast majority don't. Obviously, treat them well and with respect, but I wouldn't worry about feeling sorry for them. It's their own decision to be in Pattaya.

Totally true. I don't get why people think they're forced into doing this for a living. No one holds a gun to their heads. There is no shortage of jobs for those willing to work hard. There are plenty of other viable enough options to earn a living.

Beachlover
October 7th, 2010, 19:31
You guys patronise a fairly degrading industry going to gogo bars to pick boys off the stage every night...

Speak for yourself dear.

Plus, one day even YOU may get fed up wanking.

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

You miss-interpreted me. I have no issue at all with anyone patronising a gogo bar. My issue is with the hypocrisy of patronising, then having an issue with the result of this bingo game thing, which isn't much different from what they would do walking into a gogo bar anyway.

Brad the Impala
October 7th, 2010, 19:35
This promotion was clearly intended as a bit of fun and will end up as such, whether it is to your own taste or not. The idea that BINGO makes an already dehumanising transaction more degrading is simply absurd.

October 7th, 2010, 20:32
This promotion was clearly intended as a bit of fun

Fair enough, but be careful at whose expense.

This is ridiculously out of proportion. You guys patronise a fairly degrading industry going to gogo bars to pick boys off the stage every night and you make this big a deal over ONE boy who is going to be picked off the stage (publicly or not, having a choice or not) after a bingo game?? Why make such a big deal about the latter when you have little or no issue with the former?

There is a danger that in fact they are not the same. First concern: Does the boy whom the winner picks get a chance to refuse? Second concern: Is the boy picked so publicly that in practical terms, he has a reduced chance of refusing (i.e. his refusal would be so public, he cannot effectively exercise that right for fear of retribution by the mamasan)

The bingo itself (for vouchers) is not the problem. The implication that the winner has a "RIGHT" to pick whichever boy he wants is. No one can have a right to another human. Any such claimed right is in effect a demand to rape.

Marsilius
October 7th, 2010, 20:51
And equally, from a commercial angle, it won't work.

Most customers do not enter a gogo bar to enjoy the social atmospherics or any little extras the bar may provide - they go in to off a boy they like the look of.

Which Pattayas bars would you say actually HAVE a USP? Krazy Dragon is the only one I can think of and I know they are not packed out every night.

I think you overlook the boredom factor. If you are in Pattaya for a month - or permanently - any little thing that makes your night out a little different from the usual enter/pick out a boy/leave scenario must have an appeal just for the sake of introducing a modicum of variety to the evening.

And the fact that only one other bar has a USP merely demonstrates the lack of business acumen of Pattaya bar owners - most of whom have no idea of how to run a professional operation. Someone who comes up with an original approach will, if it is found to be appealing to consumers, be far more likely to succeed in their business (or at least not to fail as quickly as the others often do!)

Brad the Impala
October 7th, 2010, 21:06
This promotion was clearly intended as a bit of fun

Fair enough, but be careful at whose expense.

Fun doesn't have to be at anyone's expense, nor do I believe it would be in the promotion as described, in which the winner basically gets a free off with a basic tip(1,000 Baht) paid. FULL STOP. All the rest, "slave auctions" "no chance to refuse" "demand to rape" is hysterical conjecture by people who really should have better things to get worked up. It's Pattaya for heavens sake not Disneyland.

The implication that the winner has a "RIGHT" to pick whichever boy he wants is. No one can have a right to another human. Any such claimed right is in effect a demand to rape.

If your high horse gets any higher you will need oxygen up there!! For someone who has his own website which concentrates on your fairly entertaining experiences of commercial sex(and you do seem to get around), I think that your high ground may in fact be a little boggy!

Every customer of every gogo and massage venue has the "right to pick whichever boy he wants", and the boys that work in them really don't expect to be able to pick and choose their customers, unattractive as some may be.

October 7th, 2010, 21:16
Someone who comes up with an original approach will, if it is found to be appealing to consumers, be far more likely to succeed in their business

Prior to that, I had said that "rubbing it in by having anything resemble a slave auction is a totally selfish and unnecessary. . ." but you disagreed, saying it is necessary for business and "completely understandable".

Rather than jump to conclusions, could you clarify what you exactly you consider necessary and understandable?

1. Have a bingo night in a bar with vouchers as prizes.

2. After a winner is declared, the manager then asks all the boys to assemble on stage, lights at full power, and the winner is asked to make his pick, whereupon applause from the rest of the patrons is expected.

(a) all boys are obliged to be on stage

(b) boys can choose whether they want to be on stage for the picking.

In your opinion is (1) necessary and understandable? Is 2(a) necessary and understandable? Is 2(b) necessary and understandable?

bing
October 7th, 2010, 22:59
Hmmmm if the Inspector from Casablaca were to opine --- "I'm shocked, shocked to find gambling is going on in here."

Marsilius
October 7th, 2010, 23:32
...could you clarify what you exactly you consider necessary and understandable?

1. Have a bingo night in a bar with vouchers as prizes.

2. After a winner is declared, the manager then asks all the boys to assemble on stage, lights at full power, and the winner is asked to make his pick, whereupon applause from the rest of the patrons is expected.

In your opinion is (1) necessary and understandable? Is 2(a) necessary and understandable? Is 2(b) necessary and understandable?

1 and 2a are understandable as commercial attempts by a bar to drum up business. Maybe the ideas will work, maybe not. As ideas they are not necessary - plenty of others could be tried - but they are innovative and have obviously been assessed by the bar owner as worth trying out.

2b is not necessary from the bar owner's point of view, though it is an understandable reaction by some boys. It is also understandable, however, that the management might want to forbid them the option of opting out of the post-bingo picking (because that might disappoint customers who bought a ticket assuming they could have their choice of all the boys).

My comments so far have been purely aimed at defending the commercial basis of the idea that was originally questioned.

However, if you want to pin me down on the rights or wrongs of the operation - a question I have previously not taken a stance on - I would say that I cannot for the life of me see how it is any worse than boys go-going and being picked by anyone who wants them. I also agree with previous posters that the bottom line is that, in practice, a boy who reacts that way has probably made the wrong choice of job.

lonelywombat
October 8th, 2010, 07:11

choice 2 is a must. If the boys see the winner is wearing a kilt they may have second thoughts.

check out some of the boys on their brand new website
http://www.happyplacebar.com/

October 8th, 2010, 14:28

Each to their own, but after looking at those pictures I think a night out listening to Scotty singing in a karaoke bar would be more agreeable.

October 8th, 2010, 20:45
...a night out listening to Scotty singing in a karaoke bar would be more agreeable.

That is always a treat.

PS I dance as well.

Beachlover
October 8th, 2010, 21:26
I think we need to remember we're in Thailand here. All these rules and regulations are just not going to happen. It's not going to be a perfectly run promotion.

Even if it were a case of ALL the boys having to be on stage and the farang winner picking his choice off the stage in public, I don't think it's worth making this much of a fuss about. Sure, it's not ideal. But I think there's bigger things to worry about.

http://www.happyplacebar.com/

It's a nice website. Lots of effort has gone into it. But I wonder if these gogo bars are better off NOT putting their boys on their websites. I see maybe one boy out of 10-15 who I would consider good looking. The hairstyles alone are a turn off...

Shuee
October 9th, 2010, 01:36
i agree with beachlover, yes this is thailand, so if you dont like it or you try to bring western views, then your going to loose, unlike the boy bingo where id like to win!
who cares!! goodluck to the bar i say, at least its not like sunee where the bars closing seems to be more popular now!

lonelywombat
October 10th, 2010, 17:46
Several PMs from registered members asking if there are more than ten will a second draw be done?????

Is there only one draw per night.

What are the prizes that were mentioned in the publicity.

Former bar owner that called in to get his expat discount card says, they appear to be doing at least double breakeven over the bar, despite the lower drink charges.

Sounds like the expats are impressed if there are no tourists in town.

October 10th, 2010, 18:23
i agree with beachlover, yes this is thailand, so if you dont like it or you try to bring western views, then your going to loose, unlike the boy bingo where id like to win! who cares!! goodluck to the bar i say, at least its not like sunee where the bars closing seems to be more popular now!

I didn't know that 'Bingo' was a Thai Game and I also thought from my observations that most Go Go bars in Pattaya were farang owned too including this one mentioned!

Wesley
October 11th, 2010, 03:10
Crikey, why the hysteria? You're simply being given credit (i.e. a "voucher") for one off fee and a 1,000 baht tip for whatever boy you choose, provided he is available, of course.

I think macaroni21 explains it well. He seems to have a more rational perspective here...

The boy probably still has as much right to decline as he would an ordinary paying customer. They just make an excuse and the farang chooses another boy, just as he would on any other night. No one's holding a gun to their head.[/quote

I tend to agree, it just seems like some one else is by chance paying for an off, sounds like a good deal to both the boy and the Farang. Ah begins on my birthday, wish I could be there. I may go on the off season.

netrix
October 12th, 2010, 13:58
"if stomach him big, so big he cannot see cock, I don't want."

5555+++ :sign5:

netrix
October 12th, 2010, 14:16
... After a winner is declared, the manager then asks all the boys to assemble on stage, lights at full power, and the winner is asked to make his pick, whereupon applause from the rest of the patrons is expected.

ok seriously...
these bars are constantly coming up with different contests for the boys. how is being chosen
in a bingo game any more degrading or humiliating or enslaving than ... say ... winning
the best ass award of the year, or any of the other competitions?

instead of losing face, the bingo winning boy would probably gain a little go-go street cred
doncha think? bottom line, if you're uptight over this kind of thing you don't belong in
pattaya. get over yourselves. really... fuck shows and under-age boys jacking off on stage
is ok in your book but by god, this bingo playing is evil and has to stop!!

October 13th, 2010, 14:49
Hello ALL.

I am the owner of this said bar and I must say that I am getting a giggle out of just how far this has gone!
The posters are certainly correct. The customer can choose any employee he is interested in just the same as if he went into the bar on a normal night and offed someone. As always, the boy has the choice to accept or not to accept and Noooooooo, he will not get suspended or fired or anything! Our bar is a good friendly bar serving good full strength drinks at reasonable prices AS WELL AS providing an escort for the night or the hour or whatever to take you where you want to go. That being said, calm down and come enjoy boy bingo! :bis:

Brad the Impala
October 13th, 2010, 16:55
Hello ALL.

I am the owner of this said bar and I must say that I am getting a giggle out of just how far this has gone!

You are not alone in getting the giggles!

October 13th, 2010, 16:59
Hello ALL.

You are not alone in getting the giggles!

It demonstrates the capacity of some individuals to argue over the thin end of a fart

witchhunt
October 14th, 2010, 18:48
OMG another posting where beachlover and scottish-guy try and off rail.

Why dont you two guys PM each other and give us all a rest?

October 14th, 2010, 19:07
OMG another posting where beachlover and scottish-guy try and off rail. Why dont you two guys PM each other and give us all a rest?

I'd rather you cast a spell and vaporized!

lonelywombat
October 18th, 2010, 13:46
Just had a PM . Boy Bingo will definitely go ahead on friday night . Timed to start at 9.30 sharp.

There will be other giveaways and I will post if I get any further info.

allieb
October 18th, 2010, 18:43
Just had a PM . Boy Bingo will definitely go ahead on friday night . Timed to start at 9.30 sharp.

There will be other giveaways and I will post if I get any further info.

Free sex with LMTU for the runner up and a free gobble from Maisie Trollette for third place

October 18th, 2010, 18:50
Free sex with LMTU for the runner up and a free gobble from Maisie Trollette for third place

Both "prizes" sound like great reasons to deliberately leave your Big Dabber @ home

:occasion9: :occasion9:

Beachlover
October 18th, 2010, 18:51
You'll have to ask LMTU's oncologist what the expiry date for using that prize should be. Or maybe his brain surgeon. I don't know if he's been brought in to advise yet.

October 30th, 2010, 13:17
Wow! Boy Bingo was great. It was about 2/3 full at 9:30pm for bingo. Everyone seemed to enjoy the 1 hour of fun. There were mutiple winners and Happy Place went to the sponsors and BOUGHT extra gift vouchers so that all the winners had proper prizes! There wound up being TWO grand Prize winners and they paid 1,000 baht to EACH! Very fair. Drinks are proper and atmosphere very good. This bar is sure to enjoy being the new popular bar for Pattaya. :hello1:

October 30th, 2010, 20:00
Thanks for that Uncle Buckie, but then your hardly likely to criticise your own establishment, are you?

Patexpat
October 30th, 2010, 22:04
Thanks for that Uncle Buckie, but then your hardly likely to criticise your own establishment, are you?

yes, my thought too ....

October 30th, 2010, 22:17
Yes, thanks Neil

November 16th, 2010, 17:18
ok so I am biased but I am passing on what many many people have said.
Should have worded it differently BUT if you come to the bar and don't like the drink, I will give it to you free.
Now lets stop the thread and go on to something more important like where we are going to get our next fling from.

November 16th, 2010, 17:59
Now lets stop the thread and go on to something more important like where we are going to get our next fling from.

The thread had been stopped for 16 days. Why did you bring it back up ?

November 16th, 2010, 18:04
Because I just got a chance to read that one.

November 17th, 2010, 07:25

Allieb, what really sad is, is the fact that these boys are "forced" by personal economic circumstances to do a 'job' they're doing.
Sure, they don't have to do this, but as with any other prostitute in the World........in most cases urgent needs force them to do this job.

A salary of THB 2,500-THB 4,000 is a joke and shows any lack of respect. Just the knowledge of the bar-management that a boy may make THB 20,000+ per month by f*cking old, fat and greasy farangs, doesn't give them the right to heavily under-pay them.

I deeply respect the boys who show up every night, showing themselves as they're poultry at the butchers.

firecat69
November 17th, 2010, 14:17
OH please!!!! Nobody respects the Boys more then I do. They have given me many wonderful times.

However they are not forced into anything. Maybe you need to spend some time out of Pattaya. In Bangkok there are hundreds of thousand of boys working real jobs and making a living. They have choosen not to take the easy way. That means they don't get to Party and use Yaba but live a normal life with a cheap cell phone etc.

The large % of the boys in GoGo Bars are there because they have decided they like making in an hour what they make in 5 ten hour days at 7/11. They like working on 5 hour shifts if they don't get offed and much shorter if they do.

They like having the latest cell phone and partying all night on weekends. I don't think any less of them because they made that choice.

But neither do I feel sorry for them!!!!

That said I am sure there are instances where a Boy because of family problems has had to make a choice to work in the Bars.. I just think it is a very small percentage!!

Patexpat
November 17th, 2010, 15:01
OH please!!!! Nobody respects the Boys more then I do. They have given me many wonderful times.

However they are not forced into anything. Maybe you need to spend some time out of Pattaya. In Bangkok there are hundreds of thousand of boys working real jobs and making a living. They have choosen not to take the easy way. That means they don't get to Party and use Yaba but live a normal life with a cheap cell phone etc.

The large % of the boys in GoGo Bars are there because they have decided they like making in an hour what they make in 5 ten hour days at 7/11. They like working on 5 hour shifts if they don't get offed and much shorter if they do.

They like having the latest cell phone and partying all night on weekends. I don't think any less of them because they made that choice.

But neither do I feel sorry for them!!!!

That said I am sure there are instances where a Boy because of family problems has had to make a choice to work in the Bars.. I just think it is a very small percentage!!

based on my experience I heartily agree ...... for what it is worth!

November 17th, 2010, 16:09
We (bar owners) do not take advantage of them. We dont go to small villages and DRAG them by their neck to work for us. They show up and TELL US that they want to work.
\Now as far as take advantage of them by paying them a low wage???? DEAR have you ever checked what construction workers get??!!! Or people working on the road in the hot sun??? TRY 300 BAHT PER DAY and a 10 hour hard day!!!
What do you think these boys want to do?? Work for 300 baht per day hard labor or suck some cock for a few thousand A DAY????
Try putting some of these lady boys to work on the road dear.
Get a fucking grip on reality.get your coupon by the manager going over to you and handing it to you, no lights camera, action, and when you use it, same same
You go to the beach and get a boy and pay him or you go out to the bar. There is no difference. You play Bingo, have a great time, maybe win a coupon for a free off when ever you want to use it, and if that particular boy doesnt want to go with you, then he picks another. There are no lights, camera, action, and if you dont want to use it that night you use it when you want.
On the other hand maybe you dont go out and pick up young men and go to the bars. Maybe you sit alone at home and watch Pat Robertson on cable or live with a young man who SWEARS he loves you for being you. :sign5:

Brad the Impala
November 18th, 2010, 05:05
Overselling the product, over reacting to criticism, disingenuous and emotional, not a member of the Pattaya Players are you?

November 18th, 2010, 10:34
DEAR have you ever checked what construction workers get??!!! Or people working on the road in the hot sun??? TRY 300 BAHT PER DAY and a 10 hour hard day!!!
What do you think these boys want to do?? Work for 300 baht per day hard labor or suck some cock for a few thousand A DAY????

Oh my, you must be the best boss the boys can get.........Do you pay your boys THB 300 per day, or just even the minimum wage of THB 165 per day for Chonburi province? Maybe.....just maybe they might be able to increase their basic-"salary" with the commission on boy-drinks, offs and tips to a meager THB 4,500 if it isn't cut at a THB 400 per day if they don't show up for whatever reason.
S*ck c*ck at a few thousand baht a night? Yes sir, who is living next to reality here. Not very long ago I offed a boy (yes, it actually happens). I was farang number 6 in the one month and 4 days he was in Pattaya.
I have a very good grip on reality and yes, I hardly go out since I am a vere homely person, but that doesn't mean that I'm living outside reality.

Patexpat
November 18th, 2010, 11:20
Actually I employ 9 Thai people, the least paid of which is my admin person who is on about 2.5 times the minimum wage here for Chonburi. In the past I have tried to help boys who want to get out of the bar scene for a real job, but WITHOUT EXCEPTION they cannot keep to regular work hours and the absenteeism rate is dreadful. My conclusion therefore is that these boys DO choose to have an easy life without any accountability, and can if lucky make more money than the salary I pay them.

My conclusion sadly is that whilst you can take the boy out of the bar, you cannot take the bar out of the boy.

firecat69
November 18th, 2010, 17:31
Joseph44 wrote"

Oh my, you must be the best boss the boys can get.........Do you pay your boys THB 300 per day, or just even the minimum wage of THB 165 per day for Chonburi province? Maybe.....just maybe they might be able to increase their basic-"salary" with the commission on boy-drinks, offs and tips to a meager THB 4,500 if it isn't cut at a THB 400 per day if they don't show up for whatever reason.
S*ck c*ck at a few thousand baht a night? Yes sir, who is living next to reality here. Not very long ago I offed a boy (yes, it actually happens). I was farang number 6 in the one month and 4 days he was in Pattaya.
I have a very good grip on reality and yes, I hardly go out since I am a vere homely person, but that doesn't mean that I'm living outside reality.

joseph44

I am sure with the way you felt about that poor boy you offed , that you gave him at least 5000 baht. To make up for the terrible Bar Owner who pays him 4000 baht a month and the 6 offs he got at say 6000 baht Total. He only made 10,000 baht for the month which is double the average income for boys his age.

I am sure you would want to pay him the same that you would have to spend in your own country.

I am sure he left your room delighted at your generosity. Then again maybe you gave him only 500 baht because he was so desperate to make money.

Inquiring minds want to know if you took advantage of this poor boy , maybe you even paid the going short time rate of 1000 baht and thought what a terrible person you were taking advantage of this poor boy?????

cdnmatt
November 18th, 2010, 18:18
S*ck c*ck at a few thousand baht a night? Yes sir, who is living next to reality here.

Ummm, you're forgetting the convenient fact that Thailand is a free country, and they don't have to work in the bars unless they want to. It's not exactly forced labor. I've heard a couple exceptions where someone went down to check out what all the Pattaya fuss was about, hated it, and couldn't afford the bus fare home. Those cases only lasted for a week or two though, before they found their way home.

Wouldn't worry about feeling too sorry for them. As I've said many times, there's loads of opportunity for them up here in Issan if they want to put the hours & dedication in. But why bother getting a job & working hard, when its much easier to put on a sob story about how hard done by they are, get the sympathy vote from some farangs with too much money, and make four times what they would at home.

BTW... do you feel this much sympathy for the hookers who work at truck stops throughout North America, giving fat truckers blow jobs for $25?

Beachlover
November 18th, 2010, 18:31
Allieb, what really sad is, is the fact that these boys are "forced" by personal economic circumstances to do a 'job' they're doing.
Sure, they don't have to do this, but as with any other prostitute in the World........in most cases urgent needs force them to do this job.
There are plenty of opportunities for most of these boys to earn a sufficient income to live on. They choose to work in gogo bars because the work is in most ways easy (short hours, no hard labour, no brains needed) and they can earn much more than they would otherwise as an unskilled worker.

They are not "forced" into it. Anyone who tells you this or any boy who gives you a sob story is full of sh*t and probably trying to win sympathy baht.

A salary of THB 2,500-THB 4,000 is a joke and shows any lack of respect. Just the knowledge of the bar-management that a boy may make THB 20,000+ per month by f*cking old, fat and greasy farangs, doesn't give them the right to heavily under-pay them.
I think gogo boys are lucky to have any sort of base salary at all. I'm guessing the only reason the base salary is there is as an incentive/deterrence to ensure the boy stays loyal to the bar and turns up every night on time and without fail. Can't run that sort of business not knowing how many staff are going to turn up each night...

I deeply respect the boys who show up every night, showing themselves as they're poultry at the butchers.
What about the boys who work 10 to 12 hour shifts, 6-7 days a week in a factory, restaurant or hotel for 8,000 baht/month? Or the ones who work hard to get themselves through university so they can emerge with a decent 20,000 to 50,000 baht/month salary? Any respect for them?

Beachlover
November 18th, 2010, 18:32
Maybe you need to spend some time out of Pattaya. In Bangkok there are hundreds of thousand of boys working real jobs and making a living. They have choosen not to take the easy way. That means they don't get to Party and use Yaba but live a normal life with a cheap cell phone etc.
Very well put firecat69.

That's the problem. So many farang expats and visitors to Thailand never engage with the normal Thai population. They spend ALL their time in Pattaya around these money boys. Some of these farang aren't bright enough to realise they're spending all their time with the lowest Thais in the socio-economic food chain. So they think all Thai people and all Thai boys are like these poor, unskilled, uneducated money boys.

Head over to gaybuttonthai.com and see what GB and his buddies talk about and how they perceive Thai boys and you soon get the picture. I'm talking about the ones who actually live in Pattaya.

The pattern is pretty simple to follow. These guys do nothing but hang around money boys leading idle and purposeless lives there. A certain portion of these farang have absolutely nothing to offer a life partner, aside from money. They haven't any charm and haven't bothered to keep themselves in shape. Worse still, a certain percentage of them are too dumb and deluded to realise this - losers. So they get played along and screwed over by these money boys. They end up very bitter and of the opinion Thai boys are good for nothing but sex. They don't realise this is only true in their own case because of themselves.

Not all farang are like this. Some of them are charming and capable enough to form genuine relationships. Lots of them have the self awareness to see the bigger picture and where they (and the money boys) lie in the greater scheme of things. Some of them actually get outside of Pattaya and engage with normal working and middle class Thais... business owners, doctors, lawyers, bank workers etc. to see that million of other Thais manage to get their act together to make a decent living without working in a gogo bar.

Most of these boys aren't forced to work in gogo bars by anything other than natural human weaknesses.

cdnmatt
November 18th, 2010, 19:07
What about the boys who work 10 to 12 hour shifts, 6-7 days a week in a factory, restaurant or hotel for 8,000 baht/month? Or the ones who work hard to get themselves through university so they can emerge with a decent 20,000 to 50,000 baht/month salary? Any respect for them?

Well, they won't suck his cock, so of course not. :)

DCbob
November 18th, 2010, 20:08

Well, they won't suck his cock, so of course not. :)

Yes I do. And don't you?

November 23rd, 2010, 10:50
Hi!Last night was our SECOND Boy Bingo!
We were packed and I believe all had a great time. There were multiple winners and THREE grand prize winners!
We raised another 880 baht for Baan Jing Jai the orphanage and that brings our total raised for them to over 1,500 baht.
Two grand prize winners used their vouchers to off boys last night and the third chose to hold on to his voucher.
Thanks to all and hope to see you NEXT Boy Bongo December 22nd 9:30 PM sharp. :hello1: