PDA

View Full Version : A few reports on Sunee

joba
October 6th, 2010, 08:13
[b][/bGreetings all.....will be in Pattaya in 10 days or so.....how about a few comments on Sunee. What's hot? What's not? What's new? What's getting old?

Things change so fast - some recent reports would be appreciated. Any Sunee news would be cool. :hello1: ]

DCbob
October 6th, 2010, 09:30
I will be following this thread, I will be there in 2 months.

jinks
October 6th, 2010, 13:06
I will be following this thread, I will be there in 2 weeks. :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

October 6th, 2010, 23:40
I will be following this thread, I will be there in 1 month............... :bounce: .

naklua
October 7th, 2010, 22:33
Just came back from Pattaya a few days ago. I went to Sunee almost every night during September.
a) Nice Boys: IMHO best go-go, about 30 dancers, mostly non-fem. I offed most of the boys during my vacation from this bar, a few more than once. Some of the boys have worked there for 1 - 2 years already and some of them are quite good-looking and nice, too.
b) Mic My Boys: More fem-boys than NB; 2 or 3 of the non-fem ones were handsome IMHO.
c) Tom Yum (upstairs from Forest Bar): Same management as NB, not so many dancers as NB, as it is a smaller go-go. A few good-looking boys on stage. More hands-on than NB.
d) Krazy Dragon: Few boys taking into account the size of the bar. Drinks are cheap (99 Baht), but most of the boys are not good-looking IMHO. Nevertheless offed two guys there, one with a exceptional (not so) "little" brother...
e) Good Boys: Sleazy, dirty. Only a few boys on stage, most of the boys hang around the customers' area and sometimes try to make direct contact. Nevertheless there are a few handsome lads there. No ladyboys. Off-fee 400 Baht (totally escapes me how they got the idea to charge more than the other bars in the area although their premises are much more run down).
f) Wonderland (former Top Man): Almost exclusively fem-dancers. Cabaret show, not my piece of cake.
g) Eros: I think under same management as Happy Boys. Took a look there 3 or four times, always no customers. No surprise taking into account the number and the looks of their dancers...
h) Happy Boys: Almost exclusively fem-dancers. Heineken only 120 Baht.

I went only to a few of the beer bars (Crazy, Yaya, Sunee Bar). I think most of the beer bars are not much different from each other. They employ mostly fem-boys. For me these bars are more an option to drink a beer that is not as expensive as in the go-go bars and to sit in an open-air environment where one can watch what is going on on the street. As September is low season, there was not to see too much on the street (boys-wise). Moreover rain was more frequently than in the past years (September, too).

I also went to Pattayaland. Cannot recommend a single go-go. Too many fem-boys, drinks little bit more expensive than Sunee (150-160 Baht), most go-gos were deserted, i.e. no customers.
Wild West Boys is said to be the best bar in the area by some posters. My experience: They have many customers for the show, but they leave immediatedly afterwards. The have one very good looking boy who has worked there for years (Mr. Lit). However, he is only doing the show and has a long-term Farang I was told by the very fat mamasan, who by the way can be a pain in the ass (demanding drinks for the "service" of being pushy). Over the past years I talked (and sometimes offed) to maybe four different guys from WWB and all of them were disappointments in one way or another.

Rene
October 7th, 2010, 23:09
Thanks naklua for the great report!

It looks like you and I are on the same wavelength and I can't wait to get back to Sunee next month after reading what you had to say.

October 8th, 2010, 04:14
Thanks for the usefull report Naklua!! :hello1:

allieb
October 11th, 2010, 02:20
I was there for the first half of September. For me Krazy Dragon was by far the best, Cheap drinks and full of life. As for the rest of Sunnee nothing took my fancy except the bar right opposite The Corner bar. i can remember it's name.

By the way Bondi Jomtien is worth a look in the evenings for a drink The waiters are very handsome and can be offed. I did off 3 of them during my trip.

Wesley
October 11th, 2010, 02:57
Boy, your trip sounds like one of mine, do as many as you can in the time you have, I also like the boys more masculine, I fine the Filipino boys a bot more masculine than the Thai, but they seem to be hung up on being bi and can't accept the fact they are as gay as I am.

travelerjim
October 11th, 2010, 06:57
I was there for the first half of September. For me Krazy Dragon was by far the best, Cheap drinks and full of life. As for the rest of Sunnee nothing took my fancy except the bar right opposite The Corner bar. i can remember it's name.

By the way Bondi Jomtien is worth a look in the evenings for a drink The waiters are very handsome and can be offed. I did off 3 of them during my trip.

Allieb,

YaYa is opposite Corner Bar...
a great place to enjoy the ambiance of Sunee... :glasses7:
and...
Now you have gone and done it Allieb... :headbang:
You let the cat out of the bag by telling everyone about the handsome waiters at
the Bondi on Jomtien Dongtan Beachwalk... :love4:
and, while some may consider it old fashion to sit and play BINGO on Wednesday
nights at the Bondi...having one of those sexy waiters show you
how the game is played is so nice and caring of them :laughing3:

BINGO! :king:

tj

witchhunt
October 11th, 2010, 07:18

Allieb,

YaYa is opposite Corner Bar...
a great place to enjoy the ambiance of Sunee... :glasses7:
and...
Now you have gone and done it Allieb... :headbang:
You let the cat out of the bag by telling everyone about the handsome waiters at
the Bondi on Jomtien Dongtan Beachwalk... :love4:
and, while some may consider it old fashion to sit and play BINGO on Wednesday
nights at the Bondi...having one of those sexy waiters show you
how the game is played is so nice and caring of them :laughing3:

BINGO! :king:

tj

I never go wednesday but often the other nights. I agree with all the remarks about the Bondi and waiters, but one point never mentioned is the large free car park at the door. Thats what makes Sunee and Boystown less appealing to me these days.

bigben
October 11th, 2010, 23:14
Witchy,

I agree the parking is great at Bondi (for your car or motorbike) and for that matter, anywhere in Jomtiem with a motorbike isn't bad. That is one of the reasons I tend to hang out in the Jomtiem area more than BoyzT or Sunee Plaza.

With Boyztown the boys will usually help make a spot for your motorbike, but with a car--forget-about-it.

When visiting BoyzT, I usually park at The Royal Garden Plaza (Parking open 24 hrs.) and then huff it a couple of blocks to BoyzT or jump in the Bahtbus. First couple of hours is free at RGP then like 20b an hour after for cars and 10b an hour for motorbikes.

Now Sunee Plaza is a whole different kettle of fish.

Parking the car in that small dark area in the corner where the very young kids hang out isn't my idea of safety and is mostly full the times I have tried.

With a motorbike you can sometimes get lucky in Sunee Plaza and find a decent well lit area to park but mostly better to walk in or take a motorbike taxi.

What I find simply amazing is some Fuckwit has actually placed those orange construction cones around their bar which makes parking even more challenging in Sunee Plaza. I won't mention the bar because it does have decent drinks and food most of the time.

Putting tables in front of a bar is one thing, but to purposely hinder customers visiting Sunee Plaza from parking in a "common area" by putting orange traffic cones around is extremely selfish...IMHO.

TravellerDave
October 12th, 2010, 02:03
Thanks Naklua for your informative report on the rapidly changing Sunee scene, which I read with interest.I prefer fem boys myself and I note that there are plenty in evidence

naklua
October 14th, 2010, 01:54
Thanks Naklua for your informative report on the rapidly changing Sunee scene, which I read with interest.I prefer fem boys myself and I note that there are plenty in evidence

As you prefer fem boys I think a visit to Boyztown will be more of a satisfaction for you than a trip to Sunee Plaza. Although they have got fem boys at SP, too, their number is much greater in BT. Especially most of the bars in Pattayaland Soi 1 have a majority of fem boys among their dancers. In SP the fem boys in the go-go bars are mostly waiters, however. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, for example Wonderland features mostly fem boys on the stage.

lonelywombat
October 14th, 2010, 06:44

As you prefer fem boys I think a visit to Boyztown will be more of a satisfaction for you than a trip to Sunee Plaza. Although they have got fem boys at SP, too, their number is much greater in BT. Especially most of the bars in Pattayaland Soi 1 have a majority of fem boys among their dancers. In SP the fem boys in the go-go bars are mostly waiters, however. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, for example Wonderland features mostly fem boys on the stage.

Not sure if you are saying the go go boys or the dancing boys are mostly fem. To me it seems a better mix than other bars in Sunee.

I avoid Krazy as the music and the lights are annoying. Still prefer happyboys .

chivus
October 15th, 2010, 21:47
I was told by friends and several Thai boys я╝Иsome working in BoysT.....so maybe info is biasedя╝Йthat the boys working in Sunee bars are infamous for swiping your possessions after you take them back to your room and do your stuff. Also heard that some try to scam you and demand more than the agreed price when you offed them. As such, IтАЩve avoided Sunee when visiting Pattaya. Any validity to these storiesя╝Я Any insights or comments on this would be appreciated.

Dani69
October 15th, 2010, 23:53
"that the boys working in Sunee bars are infamous for swiping your possessions after you take them back to your room and do your stuff. Also heard that some try to scam you and demand more than the agreed price when you offed"

I have been in Sunee every night for the last 10 days and have offed boys every night and have not had one bad experience with any - I have found this always to be the case in my past trips. But common sense prevails I never leave cash etc in view .
I am sure there may be a few bad ones around but i have been lucky so far and only offed nice boys that did what i wanted for the price agreed and one even came back for more next day for free.
In general Sunee seems quiet of course lots of rain is not helping but it has a nice supply of boys off all types now i think not so many trainee kathois as before.
As for gogo bars none really busy maybe Mic My and Happy Boys have the most farang and plenty of boys .
Krazy Dragon same as always - not for me.
Eros gogo dead waste of time
The rest i have not gone to yet
Off now to meet boy from Gayromeo.
Bye

atri1666
October 16th, 2010, 00:19
I was told by friends and several Thai boys я╝Иsome working in BoysT.....so maybe info is biasedя╝Йthat the boys working in Sunee bars are infamous for swiping your possessions after you take them back to your room and do your stuff. Also heard that some try to scam you and demand more than the agreed price when you offed them. As such, IтАЩve avoided Sunee when visiting Pattaya. Any validity to these storiesя╝Я Any insights or comments on this would be appreciated.

I am regular visitor in sunee plaza since Peter opened the original Crazy Pub and can not confirm your story.

Geezer
October 16th, 2010, 00:30
Over the years I have offed hundreds of lads from Sunee, and never had a problem with theft nor asking for more than the agreed amount.

DCbob
October 16th, 2010, 00:33
90 % of my offs are from Sunnee, never a problem.
Had one problem in the past, and it was from the Day Night area.
Will arrive next month, and basically plan for 100% to be from Sunnee, and expect the same results.

TravellerDave
October 16th, 2010, 00:57
I mostly off boys from Sunee. Occasional beach/Jomtien pick-up. I've never had a problem with theft or dishonesty, but I dont tempt them by leaving cash or valuables lying around.
Occasionally I have thought their performance in bed did not justify the agreed fee.

Beachlover
October 16th, 2010, 08:41
No idea about Sunee boys stealing but I suppose if they work out of a bar they should be relatively trustworthy since they know they can be easily found.

Having said that, common sense rules for inviting any stranger back to your place, gogo boy or not, apply. Keep valuables locked up, especially if you're taking a shower. Ensure pass codes and keys remain private.

As for "demanding more than the agreed price", I guess this can happen in any personal services. But is it a "demand" or a "request for more" like a waiter in a bar might ask, "tip please"? Feel free to say no. Don't feel coerced if they say things like, "need money for taxi" or something. These are just normal bargaining/negotiating tools (like a taxi driver might say, "gasoline expensive!"), except that they're bargaining after the service has been rendered, instead of before. If you feel it's justified, fine. If not, just say no.

lonelywombat
October 16th, 2010, 09:59

I would be interested in who your friends are . Bar owners, expats or tourists. My experience is the opposite and when you look at some boyztown bars with the much older boys, those boys are more likely to have the experience and knowhow rather than naive boys straight off the farm.

chivus
October 16th, 2010, 12:30
Thanks for the inputs thus far. So next question....whatтАЩs the main difference я╝Иif anyя╝Йbetween Sunee я╝Ж BoysTя╝Я IтАЩve heard boys in Sunee are much younger....some underтАРaged....again, just hearsay. Wonder which venue, Sunee or BoysT, most forum members here prefer. IтАЩve found some of the mamasans in BT to be very pushy, though guess thatтАЩs par for the course. Going to Pattaya this winter holiday. Any recommendationsя╝Я Also, where exactly are the gay venues clustered in Jomtienя╝Я

lonelywombat
October 16th, 2010, 12:49

I would be interested in who your friends are . Bar owners, expats or tourists. My experience is the opposite and when you look at some boyztown bars with the much older boys, those boys are more likely to have the experience and knowhow rather than naive boys straight off the farm.

I would still like to know who told you that Sunee boys are thieves and Boyztown boys are not. You raised it.

For detailed maps go to
gayaffairspattaya.com
near the top in the grey section you will see maps of all the gay areas of pattaya

chivus
October 16th, 2010, 14:50
lonelywombat

As I mentioned, boys from BoysT bars that I have offed told me....so I said that maybe the info is biased. A Thai friend of mine from Bkk who visits Pattaya often also told me. I just wanted to hear what people on the forum have to say about it. I personally have had no problems with theft because I take precautions and the hotels I've stayed at ask for the boy's ID at the front desk. Again, thanks for your reply.

October 16th, 2010, 21:13
Why do people keep refering to the whole of Pattayaland as Boyztown? there are 3 soi's in Pattayaland, and soi 3 is "Boyztown" the other 2 are not, My experience of boys in Sunee is mainly the age thing, all the mamasans in the bars tell you the boy is 18, so you "off" him, and when you get them back to your hotel, the receptionist tells you, he is only 16 or 17, or the ID is a copy, or, worse still, it has somebody else's face on it. They will tell you anything to get the "off", drugs can also be an issue, many times the police raid the place, and cart bus loads of boys off to the local nick because they have tested positive for drugs. Buyer beware! But I have to say, I haven't heard any stories about being ripped off, or threatened. As previous posters have said, you need to be sensible, and lock valuables away, which you would do in any other country anyhow.

pennyboy
October 16th, 2010, 21:42
I refer to the 3 sois as boyztown as do all the boys that work in the 3 sois. It may not be totally accurate and upset some pedants but the vast majority understand it to cover the 3 sois.

I have been offing boys from both Sunnee and "Boyztown" for many years and never had a problem with dishonesty although I have had more problems with performance and requests for additional tips from the "Boyztown " boys.

October 17th, 2010, 18:31
I have never had an issue with anything being stolen by boys from Sunee OR Boyztown - or disputes over price which I stick to rigidly of 2000B LT.

One or two "performance" issues but I could say that about myself too!

I would like to think that if you treat them with respect it helps, but equally I accept I have been very lucky

:occasion9: