PDA

View Full Version : Is there one song that brings back memories

lonelywombat
October 2nd, 2010, 09:17
This morning on GTT jaafar posted a youtube clip about "japanese boys"
The background track Sex Bomb takes me back to the pool pre Monty. I think then it was called Cedar Wood. It was not a gay bar in theory and the boy that brings back memories was his first time. His brother had to come with him as chaperone.

Damn I cant get that song out of my mind [and the boy either]

G rated video very easy on the eye

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7450

travelerjim
October 2nd, 2010, 09:55
lw,

The first gay bar at the swimming pool was named: Wooden Brew.
Here is a pic of the Wooden Brew Crew at showtime...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/travelerjim/woodenbrew_jpg.jpg

He is the photo of "Song" - one of the original Wooden Brew Show Crew...
he went on to become a STAR performer at Throb Club (now the Copa) owned by Kevin
in Boyztown. Sadly, Song he was killed in a tragic motorbike accident as he was driving
to Jomtien on his way home..with girlfriend...he was drunk...head hit concrete wall straight on ...and died...girlfriend survived.
Song was both handsome & talented too!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/travelerjim/Song-ThrobClub.jpg

It was a gay bar with beautiful gay Thai boy as owner and his Thai boyfriend/businessman as his financier. The Thai businessman - also handsome - in his 40's... was owner of a large factory wood crate and fence product company in Chonburi Province, which resulted in the wooden theme as they used the company products in their design and build of the Wooden Brew.

Both fellas were very welcoming and it failed in the end due to a motorbike accident
death of the Thai boy who went home for his Mother's Birthday upcountry. He was hit by a truck at night as he went into town to get something for family. Police said he was knocked down in the accident, but was still alive on the road....but the truck proceeded to "roll back over him" to make sure he was dead...so as to not to have to pay compensation for the accident. A real tragedy!

I enjoyed many a night at the Wooden Brew. The boys were fun and the shows and music
fun to watch too. I miss the Wooden Brew!

tj

lonelywombat
October 2nd, 2010, 10:02
Thanks Jim that is it I remember now Absolutely great place. great memories except for the mosquitoes.

I am trying to find the photos I took of him ATM

Beachlover
October 2nd, 2010, 10:44
the Thai boy who went home for his Mother's Birthday upcountry. He was hit by a truck at night as he went into town to get something for family. Police said he was knocked down in the accident, but was still alive on the road....but the truck proceeded to "roll back over him" to make sure he was dead...so as to not to have to pay compensation for the accident. A real tragedy!

Thati is f*cked... and very very sad.

Wesley
October 2nd, 2010, 11:02
Almost every thing in the 60S to the 90,S

October 2nd, 2010, 13:16
"Boom, Boom, Boom, I want you in my room", by the Venga Boys. Playing at Dreamboys (then on Suriwongse) when I made my first foray into gay nightlife in 1998. Within minutes after entering the bar, I had offed my first Thai bf. Will never forget that song.

jinks
October 2nd, 2010, 16:10
On my first trip to Pattaya, I booked into the Ambiance (by fax - no internet yet)

Hugh put me into the 1st floor above Boyz Boyz Boyz club.
It was my usual routine to take a siesta 6pm to 8pm before dinner.

I found that I did not need my alarm.

At exactly 8pm...... The DJ kicked off with "Boys Boys Boys"

Thereafter my alarm call for dinner.

bao-bao
October 3rd, 2010, 11:36
The song that stuck with me for the longest was that "Cheeky Boy" song, but the "Boom Boom Boom Boom" seemed to hang around a while, too.

It was a sad reminder to see the photos of Song. He was a close friend of a farang friend of mine who was devastated by Song's sudden death. I have a lot of pictures of their times together but I'm sure he wouldn't want them on the net.

pong
October 3rd, 2010, 16:50
Thai music of course
Boomerang- by ''Bird'' Mac Intyre
and a better rock: from Asanee-wasantr, Yindee and Khap-Sawasdee khrap.

October 3rd, 2010, 19:17
"Nobody Loves a Fairy When She's Forty" by Tessie O'Shea

:occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9:

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2010, 20:20
"Boom, Boom, Boom, I want you in my room", by the Venga Boys. Playing at Dreamboys (then on Suriwongse) when I made my first foray into gay nightlife in 1998. Within minutes after entering the bar, I had offed my first Thai bf. Will never forget that song.
I remember that song... when I made my first foray into high school.

bing
October 3rd, 2010, 20:28
The song that was popular back in 1993 and 1994 was ---- Broken Hearted Woman ===== by Jessica Jay ,,, another version by Mae Wong is also very nice .. Both can be heard on You Tube,,,
This is the song that the old Memory Bar in North Pattaya played often..... This song was played about 10 times every night ,,,, I tipped the DJ and told him it was my favorite song.. At least
it was played that often when I was there. It is still my favorite song. For many years when the elephant show started at one of the parks it was with Broken Hearted Woman.

October 3rd, 2010, 23:13
The song that was popular back in 1993 and 1994 was ---- Broken Hearted Woman ===== by Jessica Jay ,,, another version by Mae Wong is also very nice .. Both can be heard on You Tube,,,
This is the song that the old Memory Bar in North Pattaya played often..... This song was played about 10 times every night ,,,, I tipped the DJ and told him it was my favorite song.. At least
it was played that often when I was there. It is still my favorite song. For many years when the elephant show started at one of the parks it was with Broken Hearted Woman.

Now that was a fun bar Bing, back in 1990 time.

Brad the Impala
October 4th, 2010, 00:53
Sitting in the Dock of the Bay, Otis Redding of course.

I was young and handsome, and staying in Albufeira, and they used to play it for me whenever I walked into the nightclub beneath the Sol e Mar hotel. It was in that club that I first picked up a guy, in an adult way, rather than a school kid way. It wasn't a gay bar, and we tiptoed through aspects of our conversation, until we reached the point about actually prefering guys to girls, and so did he! We were both eighteen. We went back to the room in a fishing cottage that I had rented and had a wonderful night. He was Portugese, and was leaving back to Lisbon the next day with his family.

Our planned reunion in Lisbon never happened, I had found myself locked out of the boat on which I was staying without any clothes, and missed our appointment. We never met again, but I remember him, and our night, so clearly!

October 4th, 2010, 05:29
"Mad About The Boy" by Noel Coward?

dab69
October 4th, 2010, 07:28
"Unbreak My Heart" was still playing during my first trip in '97.

I would get VERY homesick for Thailand
every time I heard it for about 5-6 years.

Beachlover
October 4th, 2010, 11:55
I was young and handsome, and staying in Albufeira, and they used to play it for me whenever I walked into the nightclub beneath the Sol e Mar hotel. It was in that club that I first picked up a guy, in an adult way, rather than a school kid way. It wasn't a gay bar, and we tiptoed through aspects of our conversation, until we reached the point about actually prefering guys to girls, and so did he! We were both eighteen. We went back to the room in a fishing cottage that I had rented and had a wonderful night. He was Portugese, and was leaving back to Lisbon the next day with his family.

Our planned reunion in Lisbon never happened, I had found myself locked out of the boat on which I was staying without any clothes, and missed our appointment. We never met again, but I remember him, and our night, so clearly!

Sounds like a sweet night. :love4:

In this day and age the mishap causing the missed appointment would be no barrier!

October 5th, 2010, 01:31
I fear I may vomit at any moment.

krobbie
October 5th, 2010, 01:52
Scottish, as my mum used yo say, "if you've got nothing nice to say ... best to say nothing".

You don't want to get a reputation for yourself as a curmudgeon do you? :blackeye:

October 5th, 2010, 14:58
Yes, yes - but we mustn't let FACTS get in the way of IDBI's hysterical ranting.

October 5th, 2010, 15:02
Scottish, as my mum used yo say, "if you've got nothing nice to say ... best to say nothing".

You don't want to get a reputation for yourself as a curmudgeon do you? :blackeye:

As Oscar Wilde used to say "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"

:occasion9:

witchhunt
October 6th, 2010, 13:37
10 years ago maybe longer there was a thai song that when played some of the boys jumped on stage and started doing thai dancing. I am stuffed how else I can describe it . Hope there might be a link to you tube.

pong
October 8th, 2010, 18:04
uhh? were you made to believ it was Thai-well, as my last bar visits were also some 10 years ago (the last century) I recall it must have been that old favorite of the time; Sha La La La, Sha La la La Lee. on a Brasil theme. was popular all over Asia-in all local languages. Yes, real Thai.
Musing about the many remarks in this forum about the current non-dancing state of go-go bars, i remember, that always hen there was some thai hit in nr. 1 (and there always was one), this would often if not always lead to some impromptu dancing from about every boy- even those not in their turn. And with enthusiasm. maybe this is the remedy to get them dancing again in the current days.

cdnmatt
October 8th, 2010, 18:41
I'm the type who listens to music loads & loads. I work from home, so always have music playing, as it makes work less painful & stressful. Because of that, I have many songs that instantly remind me of various points in my life. As for my current Thailand journey, I guess I'll have to go with Akon - Right Now.

[youtube:25ifx33e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIaH35-MLsk[/youtube:25ifx33e]

Just listened to it, and don't even really like it anymore. Nonetheless, everytime I hear it until the day I die, it'll now remind me of the time Kim and myself were first getting to know each other, and first falling in love.

Beachlover
October 8th, 2010, 21:46
Hey, that's the song, which reminds me of my KL (and other places) trip last year! Brings back memories of that straight away. I tend to anchor songs to certain periods of my life in my mind too.

Yeah, I listen to music loads when I'm working too. I used to dismiss listening to music during work because I need to be pretty focused and creative in what I do but I've found boppy music like this actually keeps me energy/mood levels up and sustained for longer. And my brain's learnt to fight through it to focus on the more complex stuff when it needs to.

Mr Brightside (The Killers) reminds me of my first trip to Thailand. I was all alone.

4 Minutes (Madonna and Justin Timberlake) was playing a lot the first time I discovered DJ Station in Bangkok.

Right now, Beachie's top hits are:

[youtube:2meherrh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkyfRu-dpvc[/youtube:2meherrh]

[youtube:2meherrh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3samZDs0ak[/youtube:2meherrh]

[youtube:2meherrh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G7eDpMGe1k[/youtube:2meherrh]

[youtube:2meherrh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIaFNWOafvo[/youtube:2meherrh]

[youtube:2meherrh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uFalk1y38I[/youtube:2meherrh]

bing
October 9th, 2010, 04:13
As long as you don't mind going to You Tube.... type Extreme Pattaya,,, play the first choice and they play a neat disco version of the Pattaya song. Back when Simons was on Walking Street,, it was the opening song for the trannie show, or was it called cross dresser or whatever it was a fine place and an fine show. Also one of the favorites for dancing in gogo has been Rivers of Babylon by Boney M,, also on You Tube ,, type Rivers of Babylon --- Boney M's version is the second from the top of the list.

DamienZ
October 9th, 2010, 16:53
Great topic!
For various personal reasons I was not having a good time of it while on my first trip to Samui (not fault at all of the local residents there), and I kept ending up down at the BoyZone for various reasons (actually very specific reasons) :love4: ,and this one number they were doing always seems to stick out in my mind. Its "tagged" now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfr9bhSmfXc&feature

quiet1
October 10th, 2010, 04:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfr9bhSmfXc&feature
"This video contains content from EMI. It is not available in your country." (Thailand, that is.)

Smiles
October 10th, 2010, 11:14
The One song?:

In my mind, the most beautiful, most haunting Thai song I've ever had the pleasure to discover: 'Ta Laud Vay Lah' by Pongsit Khumpee.
The only Thai song I can sing all the way through without stumbling. It evokes every happy moment I've ever had in this country.

[youtube:mofdhuyt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2BcyXmkhFk[/youtube:mofdhuyt]

As far as Thai music goes, you could do much worse that listening to more of this terrific Thai singer and songwriter:

For instance:

[youtube:mofdhuyt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R_kQcCZtBY[/youtube:mofdhuyt]

Lots more on the right hand side of the You Tube page

Jetsam
October 10th, 2010, 20:41
[youtube:3jt7obp3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyzxVlOI98[/youtube:3jt7obp3]

Westlife - My love

This song was really popular about 10 years ago, the boys all loved it . It was also played by a band at the Hollywood Disco every night at the well known Thai Volume level so that song is forever in my head :headbang:

quiet1
October 11th, 2010, 12:15
Jestam, that youtube video is blocked in Thailand by Sony Music Entertainment on copyright grounds.

Increasingly, I see links to various sites posted here which are banned in Thailand. Sad sign of the state of affairs not only in Thailand (policital blockings), but the world at large (Sony blocking a music video in Thailand, that apparently is available to view in other parts of the world?).