PDA

View Full Version : Gaythailand forum

blueboy
October 1st, 2010, 19:51
Has anyone else had a problem posting on the GayThailand forum?

All posts seem to have to be approved before they are posted which is fine by me.
However, I have tried several times to post - my post are not objectionable by any means, but they do not appear!!

It just seem strange, or does the moderator does not want particular people to post?

catawampuscat
October 1st, 2010, 21:23
Just took a quick look at the gaythailand.com forum.
Most active thread titled "Where's everyone gone?".

:dontknow:

DCbob
October 1st, 2010, 21:52
When I go to the gaythailand.com web site then sign in, click on go go clubs, and see that the thread is 2007, I wonder why I even joined.
Thanks for reminding me so that I can cancel my membership.

Beachlover
October 1st, 2010, 22:21
Just PM the board admin (Scooby) and your posts will become visible. That's what I did. Nothing happened until I PM'd the admin.

All new members on GayThailand.com are started on "moderated mode" initially. Your posts are kept invisible until a moderator has had a chance to check them. Once they've done this your posts are made visible and all posts you make from then on will go live immediately.

Unfortunately, they're (1) not very good at communicating this and (2) often take a while to clear new members - if ever at all. I think they lose a lot of new members because of this. Most new members won't bother sending a PM to ask what the problem is.

GayThailand
October 1st, 2010, 22:40
Has anyone else had a problem posting on the GayThailand forum?

All posts seem to have to be approved before they are posted which is fine by me.
However, I have tried several times to post - my post are not objectionable by any means, but they do not appear!!

It just seem strange, or does the moderator does not want particular people to post?

The first few posts are set to invisible until a Moderator sees them. I am still a Moderator for the month of October and I did not see any posts from you on the board. Send me a PM and I'll be happy to check this out for you.

Just took a quick look at the gaythailand.com forum.
Most active thread titled "Where's everyone gone?".
:dontknow:

LOL It is an interesting thread isn't it? I doubt anyone said that some people need to work hard in order to retire to living a life of fun in Thailand and those posters are not posting as much on any board. The strong baht and the weak currencies of other countries may also cause others not to travel to Thailand as much. People work hard to spend fun holidays in Thailand. The boards seem more active when more people travel to LOS. I encourage everyone that can afford it to hop on a plane and jet away to Thailand ASAP and then post about your experiences on one of the boards. It will make for interesting reading for all.

Jason1988
October 1st, 2010, 23:17
There is something wrong with the GT board. I have tried to post numerous times
and the post do not appear. This seems to be something that has happened in the
last 30 days or so.

Perhaps it isn't working out as well as the new owners had hoped.

pudel
October 5th, 2010, 14:07
I don't find the 'log-in' so I am not able to post anymore there, maybe they don't want old members :glasses7: (Kurt)

blueboy
October 5th, 2010, 19:51
Mr GayThailand,

You may not have seen new posts from me as I do not sign in as Blueboy on GT.
I appreciate the role of a moderator before posts are showing, but why do I have to PM you or anyone else to have my posts shown. I have never had to do that on this board, and posts go up immediately.

I am sure I am not the only one in this situation, and surely as a moderator you can see what is in the in-tray and from what I hear there are many others who can get to post anything on GT. What is the real reason Mr GT???

Beachlover
October 5th, 2010, 20:18
The login is on the home page. I don't see any login facility on the forum page itself so I think you have to go back to the gaythailand.com home page to login to their forum.

atri1666
October 5th, 2010, 20:27
I don't find the 'log-in' so I am not able to post anymore there, maybe they don't want old members :glasses7: (Kurt)

At time i only can log-in with firefox