PDA

View Full Version : Wans cafe and Wans bar move into Memories

lonelywombat
October 1st, 2010, 06:48
The two guys newsletter which is very popular with subscribers , gives the following news,

"Memories is not staying shut for long as Wan of Wan's Cafe and also Wan's Bar has acquired the business and intends to move the operations from the Soi Yensabai location that he just sold to the vacant memories bar. The new name for the cafe is yet to be decided. They hope to cater to Thai and Farang customers. I think this may be a good addition for Sunee, I have heard people in the past mentioning that there was no Cafe for farangs in Sunee.
I wish them lots of luck and hope they do well".

It appears that renovations are complete or soon will be. expats who are around Sunee please update. For those who dont know or remember Memories, it is opposite Montys old pool.

catawampuscat
October 1st, 2010, 06:59
good news lonely wombat... :headbang:
Some were dreading the encroachment by the Arab oriented businesses in Sunee Plaza.
This news should calm down the alarmists..

lonelywombat
October 1st, 2010, 07:04
good news lonely wombat... :headbang:
Some were dreading the encroachment by the Arab oriented businesses in Sunee Plaza.
This news should calm down the alarmists..

But horny arab boys will not be knocked back. hehehe

kittyboy
October 1st, 2010, 13:15
The two guys newsletter which is very popular with subscribers , gives the following news,

"Memories is not staying shut for long as Wan of Wan's Cafe and also Wan's Bar has acquired the business and intends to move the operations from the Soi Yensabai location that he just sold to the vacant memories bar. The new name for the cafe is yet to be decided. They hope to cater to Thai and Farang customers. I think this may be a good addition for Sunee, I have heard people in the past mentioning that there was no Cafe for farangs in Sunee.
I wish them lots of luck and hope they do well".

It appears that renovations are complete or soon will be. expats who are around Sunee please update. For those who dont know or remember Memories, it is opposite Montys old pool.

I have spent many an enjoyable evening over the years talking and playing backgammon with Collin (one of the owners of Wan's). IMHO he is a good man and I wish him the best of luck in his new location. With tourism down in the LOS I hope he succeeds.

October 1st, 2010, 23:50
I walked by there this evening and it seems that they have opened.

aussie_
October 8th, 2010, 18:54
The sign went up today for "Wan Cafe" which is now open. I stopped for a coffee and it may be a week before the Cafe is fully fitted out. The wall between the kitchen and bar is being renewed and the furniture in the photos will be replaced with new wicker chairs. Other than that the Cafe is operating normally with food and drink available and they have some cute staff working there.

The Soi near Wan Cafe is a bit dark at night, not helped by the other nearby bars being closed. Some more lighting over the Soi would be good for the business and that part of Sunee.