PDA

View Full Version : Where are the classy go-go bars?

cdnmatt
October 1st, 2010, 05:50
Where are the classy go-go bars? Have you ever wondered that? You have to admit, they're all pretty much sleazy shit holes. Why hasn't there yet been someone who decided to do it up a bit?

For example, offer some good food. If you're in Sunnee, partner with the Corner Bar to have it delivered to the go-go bar. If you're a go-go bar owner, get your shit together, and upgrade your place a bit. Make it more of a relaxing place, where people can sit down, relax with their friends, have some drinks, eat some good food, etc. All the while, watch the stage of cute guys in white briefs, plus have them serve you as well.

You know, right now everyone shows up for a quick 150 baht drink, grabs who they want, and fucks off. Make it a little more comfortable for them, they'll probably relax, and you'll have alot more customers dumping 1500+ a night into your place. Or no?

October 1st, 2010, 05:59
Vicious circle isn't it:

The punters don't stay any length of time (as you pointed out), so the owners bump the prices up, spend less on decor, hire pushy mamasans to try to get the cash in, so the punters stay even less time etc etc etc.

Go-Go is dying/dead. On my recent journeys in visited ONE gogo in Boyztown with some friends (as opposed to showbars with gogo). I hadn't even drawn breath before the mamasan was asking which boy I wanted (ignoring the fact I had one WITH me). Normally I'd have visited them all but pushiness and the shit value for money disencouraged me completely. In general (and especially in BBB) the main customers seemed to be drunk russian and japanese girls.

But to answer your specific question - in my opinion Funny Boys is the only one of any quality in terms of cleanliness and quality of decor in Boyztown.

In Sunee, the only reasonable/clean place is Krazy Dragon.

GoGo is fucked!

Beachlover
October 1st, 2010, 06:22
Apparently the classy clubs in Bangkok cater more to ladies: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investi ... s-revealed (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investigation/184843/bangkok-lady-toy-bars-revealed)

lonelywombat
October 1st, 2010, 07:03
Where are the classy go-go bars? Have you ever wondered that? You have to admit, they're all pretty much sleazy shit holes. Why hasn't there yet been someone who decided to do it up a bit?

For example, offer some good food. If you're in Sunnee, partner with the Corner Bar to have it delivered to the go-go bar. If you're a go-go bar owner, get your shit together, and upgrade your place a bit. Make it more of a relaxing place, where people can sit down, relax with their friends, have some drinks, eat some good food, etc. All the while, watch the stage of cute guys in white briefs, plus have them serve you as well.

You know, right now everyone shows up for a quick 150 baht drink, grabs who they want, and fucks off. Make it a little more comfortable for them, they'll probably relax, and you'll have alot more customers dumping 1500+ a night into your place. Or no?

I think the bar with the greatest chance to do what you suggest is the Venue. Once there show starts it rolls along with video clips for 15/20 minutes then the second show video and the third. Drink service is curtailed during the show and with a restaurant manager rather than a bar manager it could become very succesful high season. Venue to get part of the dinner cost and all drinks.

The table layout is well suited to a dining arrangement and perhaps Monty might be persuaded to talk to the Venue rather than open yet another bar. They have L'Arc french restaurant next door and across the soi Aquarius both excellent restaurants.

They do not have off boys ATM but prior to first show for 60/90 minutes the place is empty. I would suggest that a free off or half price with dinner and a drink.

Now the drink waiters are picked I think for their looks, so maybe cross train gogo as drink waiters could be reasonable.

The next best placed to take advantage would be Wonderland. Maybe they can make an arrangement with Wans new cafe or Oud. The dining set up is not as good as the Venue, neither is Copa.

cdnmatt
October 1st, 2010, 07:11
Apparently the classy clubs in Bangkok cater more to ladies

That's because women can bitch louder than men, so they get what they want. :-)

I'm sorry, but my female clients are almost always more of a pain than my male clients. Thank fuck I'm gay.

krobbie
October 1st, 2010, 09:02
Is there such a beast as a "classy" go go bar? I should think not. Is that the place where all the "classy" young prostitutes hang out in there shorts or less? Question answered.

Beachlover
October 1st, 2010, 10:59
Apparently the classy clubs in Bangkok cater more to ladies

That's because women can bitch louder than men, so they get what they want. :-)

I'm sorry, but my female clients are almost always more of a pain than my male clients. Thank fuck I'm gay.

LOL... I'm sure it's not always the case, but you've no idea how many times I've been with clients where you have the male Managing Director or CEO and female marketing manager or assistant and the female is the insecure moron trying to push completely unpractical ideas, unwilling to take professional advice and causing issues. What is up with that!

Well, maybe it's because guys are more pragmatic and just want the result (boy to screw). They don't care as much as ladies do if the place is dingy or the drinks are crap. While ladies want to be pampered and romanced and they feel uncomfortable in dingy places.

bao-bao
October 1st, 2010, 21:35
Is there such a beast as a "classy" go go bar? I should think not. Is that the place where all the "classy" young prostitutes hang out in there shorts or less? Question answered.
Now, now, krobbie... don't try dragging logic into this. :rolling:

October 1st, 2010, 22:11
Over 25 or so years I've seen all types of gay go go bars opening and closing. People come in with big, big ideas (maybe not quiet as elaborate as yours Matt) but no one ever seems to make enough money to keep the places spruced up and cost efficient. I really don't think the returns are good enough, don't ask me why it just seems to be that way in Thailand, maybe it's because of all the back-handers etc.. that have to be paid to stay open.

When ever a bar is up for sale, it normally looks very run down, but the sales pitch is that it makes loads of money, so along comes the next sucker who thinks it will be the ideal life running one. I never knew anyone who I trusted that said they made heaps of money before selling. Profit can only really be made from the sale price, that's if they get a good one.

Beachlover
October 1st, 2010, 22:56
LMTU was saying most gogo bar owners make 1,000 to 3,000 baht in profit a day. Who the hell coughs up a few thousand dollars and goes into business to make $30 to $100 a day? That's not even a decent hourly earning, let alone a daily.

October 1st, 2010, 23:09
LMTU was saying most gogo bar owners make 1,000 to 3,000 baht in profit a day. Who the hell coughs up a few thousand dollars and goes into business to make $30 to $100 a day? That's not even a decent hourly earning, let alone a daily.

And if he said that you can devide by three then half it to come near to the real figure LOL.

Jason1988
October 1st, 2010, 23:20
I doubt if they are making any money at all these days. Business in Thailand is slow
and the people that usually come and spend money have made other plans.

There is also an attitude of "watch and wait." Some are afraid to go and be
stuck there if political unrest rears it's ugly head.

francois
October 2nd, 2010, 13:24
Now, now, krobbie... don't try dragging logic into this. :rolling:

Got to agree, who wants to come to Thailand for class when you can have sleeze?

netrix
October 2nd, 2010, 14:15
Thank fuck I'm gay.

thanks, fuck.

October 2nd, 2010, 14:16
I doubt if they are making any money at all these days. Business in Thailand is slow
and the people that usually come and spend money have made other plans.

I assume you mean Gay Business in Pattaya is slow. Other parts of the Thai economy are booming.

lonelywombat
October 5th, 2010, 18:04
At first I thought of classy as to the fitout , the quality of the show and perhaps the costumes of the go go boys.

But in my first few years I used to love My Way in Rama 4 road. The gogo boys or maybe I should say dancers were on stage one at a time. There were two vertical poles with a horizontal bar. A H shape. They pole danced , they were athletic and gymnastic. It was very erotic and there was no nudity. It was obvious they enjoyed performing showing off new tricks and their bodies. There was no drag, most were straight but pay for play, my favourite was a truck driver who overnighted in Bangkok every second night was married and sensational in bed.

It went downhill in the late nineties and there was a karaoke the other side of the soi and boys drifted between the two.

My Way WAS my definition of a classy go go bar.

October 6th, 2010, 00:56

Errrrrr ......I was last there 2 years ago - before the owner died (or so I heard) - the boys just sat in street clothes,facing you, with their cocks out, wanking.

Different, it was.
Pretty, they were.
Exciting, I guess so.
But classy?

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

lonelywombat
October 6th, 2010, 03:17
it went downhill in the late nineties and there was a karaoke the other side of the soi and boys drifted between the two.

Errrrrr ......I was last there 2 years ago - before the owner died (or so I heard) - the boys just sat in street clothes,facing you, with their cocks out, wanking.

Different, it was.
Pretty, they were.
Exciting, I guess so.
But classy? .

SG please read the post when you are quoting. I said the bar starting going downhill in the nineties and obviously reached rock bottom in the last two years, starting probably when you first began to visit.

October 6th, 2010, 04:33

Different, it was.
Pretty, they were.
Exciting, I guess so.
But classy? .

SG please read the post when you are quoting. I said the bar starting going downhill in the nineties and obviously reached rock bottom in the last two years, starting probably when you first began to visit.

I'm sorry - but your contributions are just too boring to read in their entirety.

Far from me being the cause of any decline I was actually introduced to the place by the English guy involved in BBB group (George?) and can assure you it was as I described at my first visit.

I liked it and visited now and again - although I never spent much time in BKK and avoid it whenever possible now.

:hello1:

witchhunt
October 11th, 2010, 07:00

And if he said that you can devide by three then half it to come near to the real figure LOL.

That of course is gross profit not net. At say 99 baht per drink 1000/3000 is between 10 and 30 drinks.If that is the total sales unless it is very big bar where is the profit. If a large bar their drink prices will be double but not necessary their profit. Cost of product, rent , wages, tea money and so on means that almost all bars in Sunee would be making cents not dollars profit.

Beachlover
October 11th, 2010, 12:12
Well, I assume LMTU was referring to "profit" (EBITA - earnings before interest, tax and amortisation), not gross sales, when he talked about "what bar owners make in a day". So that would mean total revenue minus cost of goods sold and operating costs.

If gross sales were only say, 2,000 baht/day then there's no way these bars would make anything at all!