PDA

View Full Version : Take Care

cuteboy
January 8th, 2006, 12:29
Take Care. ........... This local expression seemed as good as any to entitle the subject of a serious tale. I use a new name because I do not want possible identification, but the story has reached me of the death of a boy in Chiangrai from AIDS. Some in Pattaya will know him well. He worked, even while ill, at Kaos, although my source tells me that the bar was very good to him and did not allow him to go with a customer.
The 'boy', aged 29, did not worry about this himself and it seems that he threw caution to the winds in what he knew were his last weeks. He went with farang, and had unprotected sex at least once with a farang in Sunnee Plaza who was not aware of the boys status. My source tells me that he estimates that 20% of encounters are without a condom, and that the boys often agree because they are generally on Yabba.
This is common knowledge because the boys compare notes. It will not until now be common knowledge on the other side of the divide, so I think that this is our way of comparing notes. It needs to be.
The farang will no doubt be unaware of the position, but further unprotected sex will have the results we know.

Some of his friends from Sunnee Plaza hope to go to Dara's( I think that is the name) funeral in Chiangrai tomorrow.
Another young life wasted.

catawampuscat
January 8th, 2006, 13:00
One positve thing from this sad story is that the bar was responsible to its customers by not allowing the boy to go off and also responsible to the boy by allowing him to work..Kudos to Kaos!!

January 8th, 2006, 20:12
I use a new name because I do not want possible identification
just out of curiosity, why not?

sing_lofty_sing
January 8th, 2006, 21:25
Its great to hear some bar owners think of the boyz they employ and allow them to carry on working. Its a shame that this boy then went with a person and never mentioned the fact he was HIV. Its not all one way as its also the customers responsability to make sure condoms are worn.
Not trying to portion blame on any body, it must however be the time now to start becoming a lot more sensible when going with bar boys or girls due to the many partners they proberly sleep with.
Think life, think sense

cuteboy
January 8th, 2006, 22:54
I am a little concerned over an ethical issue. I could find the identity of the farang involved. In that case is there a responsibility to inform him?
Seems to me a no win situation. As it is potentially contentious, and I have decided not to pursue the issue, I prefer not to be identified.

January 8th, 2006, 23:07
Thanks, cuteboy. I understand.

lonelywombat
January 9th, 2006, 09:31
He worked, even while ill, at Kaos, although my source tells me that the bar was very good to him and did not allow him to go with a customer.

My source tells me that he estimates that 20% of encounters are without a condom, and that the boys often agree because they are generally on Yabba.

This is common knowledge because the boys compare notes. Another young life wasted.

It is only 6 months since we had the barebacking justification from a loudmouth member. This is a sad story of what can and often does happen

HIV can be transmited both ways

catawampuscat
January 9th, 2006, 14:31
I asked some friends who frequent Kaos and know the staff about the deceased ..He was a ladyboy and very well liked among the staff and will be sorely missed by them.. I will stop by Kaos tonite and see if I can make a donation to help the family with the expenses of transporting and cremating..If anyone knows anything about this please post a reply....

January 10th, 2006, 05:07
Max (Kaos Mamasan) was collecting donations to send to the family in the bar this past weekend. I'm sure its not too late to contribute.

Monty-old
January 10th, 2006, 07:47
Take Care , Swing from Bangkok, Sisters Pattaya & Guardian Angles Pattaya & Thais 4 Life .Do give out Free Condoms and advice From Thais to Thais. G.A.P. gives Free accommodation and food to HIV pos people. Dr P works none stop to get Free treatment for Hiv /Aids people , with the help of P.G.F .
My Message is that there IS HELP, There is Life after being told you are Hiv Positive.
But we need to get the message out to more to Thais, Try Talking to you Thai B/F. Let them know the risk they are taking by having unsafe sex. And try to get them to tell there friend, to uses condoms and seek help if they get sick.
Monty