PDA

View Full Version : Lodging near Sunee Plaza

asdsrfr-old
September 29th, 2010, 02:29
I am going to be in Pattaya for a few days. I used to stay at the Flamingo a few years back. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to stay for a few nights? The website for the Don Plaza looks nice--also the two guesthouses nearby seem to be popular. Any thoughts?

gearguy
September 29th, 2010, 05:30
Howards would be a good choice.

lonelywombat
September 29th, 2010, 06:56
This thread on Mosaik apartments is only 4 weeks old. Mosaik are opposite Flamingo and also same side as Flamingo but closer to Sunee. Good security and lifts to all floors. Good value but use the search button top of the page on any place you consider.

gay-thailand-f9/mosaik-apartments-pattaya-t20065.html?hilit=mosaik (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/mosaik-apartments-pattaya-t20065.html?hilit=mosaik)

travelerjim
September 29th, 2010, 07:52
Two Guys Guesthouse would be a good choice for you.
John is a fine Owner/Manager and nice rooms.

Several good breakfast choices are included with room rate.
Easy 5 minute walk to Sunee Plaza and TukCom/old Flamingo Hotel areas.

Four floors guesthouse with stairs and secure railings when climbing the stairs.

Here is their website:
http://www.twoguysguesthouse.info/about.html

tj

bao-bao
September 29th, 2010, 23:40
There's also Baan Dok Mai. Maybe a 5 minute walk to the area you're interested in, with Tukcom and Royal Massage within a block. Try a search for it here - there's also my review of it with some photos at:
http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/2010/04/accommodations-part-2-baan-dok-mai.html

Brad the Impala
September 30th, 2010, 01:18
Sorry, but others will have better advice, however just wanted to acknowledge the use of the rather old fashioned, but charming and appropriate word, "lodging"!

Shuee
October 1st, 2010, 00:03
how about RS rooms just by copa beer bar, along on this side of the soi, or the other end of sunee marina inn hotel, theres also paradise hotel, down a small soi to the right as you head out of sunee towards howards, i think it has a pool there too!

Wesley
October 1st, 2010, 04:01
Two Guys was a nice stay the laat time I was there, but if I had to go back I think I would take a place just over the Pool there close to where Memories bar use to be.

gerefan2
October 1st, 2010, 21:23
theres also paradise hotel
A misnomer if there ever was one!

October 1st, 2010, 23:47
how about RS rooms just by copa beer bar, along on this side of the soi, or the other end of sunee marina inn hotel, theres also paradise hotel, down a small soi to the right as you head out of sunee towards howards, i think it has a pool there too!

The Paradise Hotel has been gutted and is in the process of being remodeled. From what I hear, they do not want the gay business.

October 2nd, 2010, 00:01
Why would anybody want to stay in Sunee in the first place - the hotels are all 10th rate.

The place is ok for a cheap drink and the boys are more genuine than some in Boyztown, but as for staying there - no thanks.

:dontknow:

October 2nd, 2010, 01:53
I would not want to stay in the middle of Sunee Plaza either but somewhere near is not bad if you like the Sunee night life. I stayed at TwoGuys when I first came to town and found it to be fine for a short stay. No it is not a 1st class hotel or guest house but it was clean and had a friendly staff. Breakfast was not too bad either.

October 2nd, 2010, 04:04
I would not want to stay in the middle of Sunee Plaza either but somewhere near is not bad if you like the Sunee night life. I stayed at TwoGuys when I first came to town and found it to be fine for a short stay. No it is not a 1st class hotel or guest house but it was clean and had a friendly staff. Breakfast was not too bad either.

Anywhere round about Boyztown in better than Sunee - I mean the Welcome Plaza is only 750B and it might not be wonderful but it's a damn sight better than staying in Sunee.

:occasion9:

Wesley
October 2nd, 2010, 11:05

Anywhere round about Boyztown in better than Sunee - I mean the Welcome Plaza is only 750B and it might not be wonderful but it's a damn sight better than staying in Sunee.

:occasion9:

Anything about Boystown bring s back bad memories for me.

October 2nd, 2010, 11:10

I have stayed there, as well, and found it clean and comfortable. Just do not use the safe in the room. Somehow, money miraculously seems to disappear.

atri1666
October 2nd, 2010, 12:21
I am going to be in Pattaya for a few days. I used to stay at the Flamingo a few years back. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to stay for a few nights? The website for the Don Plaza looks nice--also the two guesthouses nearby seem to be popular. Any thoughts?

I can recommend Baan Dok Mai, Mosaik, Pius Place,Q.D. Sweets Room (Q.D.1 Soi Yensabai),Twoguys, Yensabai Condo, Piyada residence, Hotel K├╢nig Mansion and Eurasia Hotel>>> all around Sunee Plaza with short walks to the action

October 3rd, 2010, 15:59
does anyone have any experience with Pius Place?
It looks quite nice, with a swimmingpool :bounce:

October 3rd, 2010, 18:03
Yes, i am interested about Pius Place reviews also. Anyone stayed there or had a look in, at least?

paperboy
October 3rd, 2010, 18:13
hi
yes i stayed there this year, the rooms are basic, the room i was in was 1c, on the 2 second floor. Had a nice big bed with 2 windows looking out to the street, was not noisy at all, alsso the rooms are very very clean and are cleaned every day. For the price and location itds very very good, but next year going to try sanay apartments, seems nice add bigger rooms at only 495 bahts

October 3rd, 2010, 19:13
... Somehow, money miraculously seems to disappear.

Just sounds like my life in general!!!!

:hello1: :hello1:

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2010, 20:22

I have stayed there, as well, and found it clean and comfortable. Just do not use the safe in the room. Somehow, money miraculously seems to disappear.

Two Guys guesthouse staff were stealing from your room safe?

witchhunt
October 4th, 2010, 06:18

Monkeysee are you really suggesting you were robbed at Twoguys. I have breakfast or coffee there daily every time I am in town and have never heard of anything like that.

Two Guys was a nice stay the laat time I was there, but if I had to go back I think I would take a place just over the Pool there close to where Memories bar use to be.

My friend stays at Yensabai Condos and rents from the website. You can ask for a " poolview of their pool" or beach side, which overlooks Montys old pool. Make sure you are specific.

October 4th, 2010, 10:02

Two Guys guesthouse staff were stealing from your room safe?
That is correct.

Beachlover
October 4th, 2010, 11:45
Care to offer any more details? Seems to be a very popular guesthouse here.

October 5th, 2010, 10:44
Care to offer any more details? Seems to be a very popular guesthouse here.

The safe in the rooms are old style. At ckeck-in, you are provided with a lock and key. Apparently your key is not the only one. Even as far back as when Monty owned the B & B and Lek was the manager, there were several customer reports of missing cash. The problem continued after Monty sold out. If you decide to stay there, always bring your own lock and key.

October 5th, 2010, 15:09
....there were several customer reports of missing cash. The problem continued after Monty sold out. If you decide to stay there, always bring your own lock and key.

What exactly would you suggest?

A length of chain to wrap round the safe fastened with your own padlock?

I have no worries - my sporran has jaws like an alligator.

:hello2: :hello2:

October 5th, 2010, 15:18
What exactly would you suggest? A length of chain to wrap round the safe fastened with your own padlock?

I have no worries - my sporran has jaws like an alligator.:hello2: :hello2:

I wouldn't have thought that the sporran with jaws like an alligator was the worry, it's the coiled snake underneath that might be a danger to an unsuspecting Thai boy!