PDA

View Full Version : *Need Help* First time to Phuket, wants to rent boys

September 26th, 2010, 13:53
Hi friends, November will be the first time I go to Phuket.
I really have no experience on where and how to rent a boy for a night.
Can any of you help me with some suggestions?

I am in for hunky type.

pudel
September 26th, 2010, 14:11
In 'Paradise Corner' you will find any type and the rest is business :occasion9: have a good time <pudel

September 26th, 2010, 14:21
Thanks Pudel :)
Who should i approach to make booking? The boy himself or the manager?
To be honest, I have never do this before in my life, so i am totally newbie.

Are the people nice there? As in, i will say no crime yea?

lonelywombat
September 26th, 2010, 15:02
First of all the area you are wanting to go to is Patong Beach and this map shows you the Paradise Hotel area and where all the gay bars are
http://www.gaypatong.com/gaypatong/gaymap/

scroll down as there is a second map.

Google gay patong and you will get more detail, but ask your questions here and there are a number of Phuket regulars that will answer.

In the main all the go go boy bars are front for boys for rent

llz
September 26th, 2010, 15:54
Many years ago there was a fantastic guide which was called "Men of Thailand" and explained everything to the newcomer but it is not published any more.
You could do the grounddwork on all this by reading the Dreaded Ned website ; although not updated as frequently as before, it still gives the basic knowledge you seem to look for.
http://www.dreadedned.com/directory
Good luck !

September 26th, 2010, 17:13
Thanks guys. The maps and link above are very useful, thanks ! :)

I am curious, how you will rate the safety of the surroundings in Phuket?
I am planning to travel alone, and I want to be assured the place is safe.

Also, when we are interesting in a boy, we just approach him and ask him out?
Do we need to pay the place's manager before leaving?
And how much is the rate?

Thank you many many times for your comments.

lonelywombat
September 26th, 2010, 19:24
I think the first thing you should do is ask where you should stay. The gay owners of hotels can give you excellent advice on everything you need to know.

If you want to stay in the very middle of the action try Connect
http://www.beachpatong.com/connect/

If not the club one seven , also very popular

http://www.cluboneseven.net/

Beachlover
September 26th, 2010, 20:03
1. All the gay places are in Paradise Complex, which is the area in front of the Royal Paradise Hotel.

2. Nothing major to worry about in terms of safety, other than the need to apply the usual common sense stuff when you invite someone you don't know so well back to your place.

3. For goodness sake, stay somewhere central (within 10 minutes' walk of Paradise Complex). Getting around Patong Beach can be a pain in the arse with the tuk tuks charging 200 baht minimum for even a 5-minute ride. Basically, when you're in Phuket/Patong you want everything to be within walking distance, the beach, the bars, the shopping centre etc.

4. DO NOT patronise the tuk tuks in Phuket. They are part of a price-fixing organisation nick-named the "taxi mafia" or "tuk tuk mafia". They are a complete rip off and have done everything possible to ensure they are the only choice for people wanting to go anywhere. Absolute fucksticks.

5. Tuk tuks are a rip off and meter taxis are forbidden from picking up passengers in Patong Beach. If you must go somewhere (e.g. airport) look for one of the guys standing on busy tourist roads holding signs that say, "Taxi". These are private hire cars. They'll drive you to the airport for 500 baht etc. or anywhere else for a reasonable fee. They don't have to pay the mafia (to my knowledge).

6. When you arrive at the airport and you want to go to your hotel, walk out the door, turn right and walk about 20-30 metres and you'll see a sign for a counter called, "Meter Taxi". It will cost you about 400-500 baht to get to Patong Beach. IGNORE all the tuk tuk drivers right outside the airport doors trying to reel you in. They charge a minimum of 650-750 baht and are slower/crappier.

7. If the meter taxi driver goes to stop somewhere in the middle of a trip, tell him firmly you don't want any stops. Most of them will stop at a travel agency and the travel agent will come out and try to sell you some tours (taxi driver gets commission). It's an unsolicited waste of your time. DON'T buy anything from them. Tell the taxi driver you don't want to stop. Tell the sales agent to f*ck off.

Yes, Phuket is a real tourist trap and they do go a bit far to try and rip tourists off in an organised fashion, but it's still a wonderful, beautiful place to visit, relax, chill out, get some sun and some exercise.

Enjoy the beach - it's gorgeous. The eateries right on the beach are nice too. Have fun!

September 26th, 2010, 21:08
I think the first thing you should do is ask where you should stay. The gay owners of hotels can give you excellent advice on everything you need to know.

If you want to stay in the very middle of the action try Connect
http://www.beachpatong.com/connect/

If not the club one seven , also very popular

http://www.cluboneseven.net/

Great recommendation ! Club One Seven seems nice :) I agree, as long as it is near Patong Beach, then I should be okay.

September 26th, 2010, 21:15
1. All the gay places are in Paradise Complex, which is the area in front of the Royal Paradise Hotel.

2. Nothing major to worry about in terms of safety, other than the need to apply the usual common sense stuff when you invite someone you don't know so well back to your place.

3. For goodness sake, stay somewhere central (within 10 minutes' walk of Paradise Complex). Getting around Patong Beach can be a pain in the arse with the tuk tuks charging 200 baht minimum for even a 5-minute ride. Basically, when you're in Phuket/Patong you want everything to be within walking distance, the beach, the bars, the shopping centre etc.

4. DO NOT patronise the tuk tuks in Phuket. They are part of a price-fixing organisation nick-named the "taxi mafia" or "tuk tuk mafia". They are a complete rip off and have done everything possible to ensure they are the only choice for people wanting to go anywhere. Absolute fucksticks.

5. Tuk tuks are a rip off and meter taxis are forbidden from picking up passengers in Patong Beach. If you must go somewhere (e.g. airport) look for one of the guys standing on busy tourist roads holding signs that say, "Taxi". These are private hire cars. They'll drive you to the airport for 500 baht etc. or anywhere else for a reasonable fee. They don't have to pay the mafia (to my knowledge).

6. When you arrive at the airport and you want to go to your hotel, walk out the door, turn right and walk about 20-30 metres and you'll see a sign for a counter called, "Meter Taxi". It will cost you about 400-500 baht to get to Patong Beach. IGNORE all the tuk tuk drivers right outside the airport doors trying to reel you in. They charge a minimum of 650-750 baht and are slower/crappier.

7. If the meter taxi driver goes to stop somewhere in the middle of a trip, tell him firmly you don't want any stops. Most of them will stop at a travel agency and the travel agent will come out and try to sell you some tours (taxi driver gets commission). It's an unsolicited waste of your time. DON'T buy anything from them. Tell the taxi driver you don't want to stop. Tell the sales agent to f*ck off.

Yes, Phuket is a real tourist trap and they do go a bit far to try and rip tourists off in an organised fashion, but it's still a wonderful, beautiful place to visit, relax, chill out, get some sun and some exercise.

Enjoy the beach - it's gorgeous. The eateries right on the beach are nice too. Have fun!

Thanks as usual for your complete advice Beachlover ! :)

I have got more questions for you and lonelywombat or other members:
1) As for hotels, lonelywombat has advised Beach Patong and Club One Seven. So how about this Royal Paradise Hotel ? Will you recommend this hotel too? I don't mind paying extra as long as it is good hotel and I can get good info on how to rent boys.
2) Wah, I am glad you have warned me earlier. So I will just go for Meter Taxi then. What is the operator's name / taxi name / anything that can easily differentiate the "private hired car" from "thuk-thuk"?
3) Also, is it possible to call a "rent-boy" directly using phone?

Beachlover
September 26th, 2010, 21:34
1) Totally depends what you want to pay. 1,000 baht? 2,000 baht? 3,000-4,000 baht? Plenty of ok budget places but there aren't many (if any) real good mid-tier hotels in Patong.

Royal Paradise Hotel is ok. I've stayed there before. Service is crap and rooms are far from perfect. But they are generally ok enough, you usually get a very nice view (make sure you're staying in the main wing - in the tall building, not the one beside the pool) and you're right outside the gay complex. 8-10 minute walk to the beach.

Other suggestions:

- Poppa Palace - 1,000-2,000b - Closer to beach and also near Paradise
- Pacific Lite - 1,000 - 2,000b - next to Poppa, same location
- Bird Cage - budget, 750-1,000b - friendly and ok. Very near Paradise
- K&N Guesthouse - seems popular, budget guesthouse
- Patong Bay Garden - 2,000-4,000b - 10 mins from Paradise, right on the beach front, but pretty shite rooms for the price you pay

Take a look around. There are a lot to choose from. Every second building in Patong Beach seems to be a hotel or guesthouse. Just make sure it's right in the centre of the beach where Paradise is (not to the Northern or Southern ends) and not further away from the beach than the Royal Paradise Hotel building.

2) You'll know it's a meter taxi because it has a big sign on top saying, "Meter Taxi". The stand has a big sign too. At the airport, you order the taxi from the stand.

The bit about turning right when you go out the door at the airport is important. It's often quite hectic when you walk out with every man and his dog pestering you to get in his tuk tuk, so just focus on turning right and walking 20 metres until you spot the meter taxi stand. Ignore everything else.

Tuk Tuks are the bright red open air things. Private hire cars are just normal civilian cars. Usually the private hire car drivers stand around with a sign saying, "taxi".

3) Don't know about calling for guys... Just go into one of the bars there... there are gogo boys and moneyboys everywhere in those bars!

Hey are you the poster formerly known as, "camperboy"?... You sound familiar, that's all.

September 26th, 2010, 21:52
Fast response :) Your info has greatly helped me.
No, i'm not camperboy. This is first time in this forum i got from google. Thanks alot once again.

1) A friend of mine told me some rent boys are dangerous as they are part of mafia. Is that true? Just want to hear two-cents of the story.
2) Also, can you help to roughly give me a number which gonna cost us if we take off the gogo boys?

Beachlover
September 26th, 2010, 22:00
Ah fair enough then. You sound Asian. :)

Don't have much experience with rent boys at all. I guess you have to be careful. But Thailand is probably safer than most places from what I hear.

Going rate for 'short time'... I don't know, 1,000 baht? Is that the norm?

I have only ever been with one gogo boy in my life and that was in Phuket... I gave him something like 3,000 or 4,000 but he was really some of the most amazing sex I've ever had.

boy
September 26th, 2010, 22:20
Hi Serpentil,

The hotel I could reccomend you is the Thara Patong Beach Resort (website: http://www.tharapatong.com/) where I stayed this year in February for 10 days. It is a nice and very comfy hotel has two swimming pool and is very close to Paradise Complex (about 4 walking minutes) and also close to gay beach (about 5 walking minutes).

You can gather prices and other infos from above website.

Best regards, boy

Beachlover
September 26th, 2010, 22:26
Hi Serpentil,

The hotel I could reccomend you is the Thara Patong Beach Resort (website: http://www.tharapatong.com/) where I stayed this year in February for 10 days. It is a nice and very comfy hotel has two swimming pool and is very close to Paradise Complex (about 4 walking minutes) and also close to gay beach (about 5 walking minutes).

You can gather prices and other infos from above website.

Best regards, boy

Looks like a nice place. Might try it next time I'm there.

But yeah, see? This is what I mean about Phuket being crap value when it comes to mid-tier and above hotels. Average rate (seasonal) for the Premier room in this place seems to be 6,000 baht/night. For that much in Bangkok you'd get a 5-star hotel. In fact, 5-star hotels in Bangkok start at 3,000 baht/night.

francois
September 26th, 2010, 23:19
Thanks guys. The maps and link above are very useful, thanks ! :)

Also, when we are interesting in a boy, we just approach him and ask him out?
Do we need to pay the place's manager before leaving?
And how much is the rate?

If you are in a go go bar then just ask one on the boys to sit with you and buy him a drink. If you like him then tell him you want to off him. Or tell the mamasan. You will have to pay an "off" fee of about 300 Baht. You take him to your room, take care of business and give him a "tip". 1000 Baht is typical. Others from Phuket can give you a better idea of the going rate for short and long time.

rincondog
September 26th, 2010, 23:35
Staying in the Paradise complex is much more convenient than some of the places mentioned here by others. While Club Seventeen may be good it is a long walk or expensive ride to the gay bars or gay beach, unless you like to walk alot. Some mentioned Birdcage and K&N which are across the street from Paradise complex. K&N is gay friendly, don't know about Birdcage. The Royal Paradise Hotel is really not very gay friendly, even though it is in the middle of the gay area. If you like to go to a sauna, the Aquarius guest house has a sauna. It is quite active from late afternoon to early evening. Another hotel, Rendevous is in the complex area but the quieter part and they are mostly gay staying there.

I am not sure what the off fees are at present, probably around 300B. Places like My Way, Tangmo, Mama San have shows and go go boys. You can meet many freelancers at places like Boat Bar or Kiss but both places are busier after midnight. During the day you can meet guys at the beach. Many freelancers as well as go go boys go to the beach, don't know if you are a beach person.

Phuket is quite safe, as others have mentioned just use common sense. Most of the freelancers are locals and known by others so no problems with them. Phuket gay area has a small town feel to it, that is most are quite friendly and helpful.

Any other questions, just ask as I spend around 3-4 months a year in Phuket.

Beachlover
September 27th, 2010, 07:28
Staying in the Paradise complex is much more convenient than some of the places mentioned here by others. While Club Seventeen may be good it is a long walk or expensive ride to the gay bars or gay beach, unless you like to walk alot. Some mentioned Birdcage and K&N which are across the street from Paradise complex. K&N is gay friendly, don't know about Birdcage. The Royal Paradise Hotel is really not very gay friendly, even though it is in the middle of the gay area. If you like to go to a sauna, the Aquarius guest house has a sauna. It is quite active from late afternoon to early evening. Another hotel, Rendevous is in the complex area but the quieter part and they are mostly gay staying there.

I think the OP needs to state what his budget is... big difference between a scrappy guesthouse like the ones in Paradise Complex and a more established place like Royal Paradise or Thara Patong.

Royal Paradise is fine in terms of being "gay friendly". The front desk staff are generally bland and very unenthusiastic, but you won't get any extra unfriendliness from them because you're gay. Granted, there are lots of families and tour groups staying there but it's a big hotel. The main thing I like is it's a high-rise so you always get a nice view and lots of natural light in your room, which many hotel rooms in Patong Beach lack (because it's so crowded and building design is so crap there).

September 27th, 2010, 11:35
Thanks boy! This is a very good recommendation indeed.
Beachlover, yea I agree. This is pretty pricey if compared to neighboring countries :) but from the looks of it, it seems worth the price, like super close to attractions...

All i have to do is find the right date now. Earlier, i plan to go during public holiday but air ticket is super expensive.

September 27th, 2010, 11:46
Hmm i wanna try the massage parlours - male masseurs. Any of you has good recomendations? I found the list in a web gaypatong.com

Massage by male masseur.
Aquarius
Spartacus

Are there any experience with the above ?

lonelywombat
September 27th, 2010, 11:50
go to the search button top right and enter both saunas [one at a time]and see what has been said in the past

September 27th, 2010, 19:30
The Mamasan at the Passport Pub is very friendly. His name is "Day" (phonetic).

Not pushy and he's fond of a few whiskies so I take him around with me - he saves me twice what he costs in booze as some of the venues mentioned will try to charge 4000B for a bottle. After a few words from Day the price drops to 1500-2000 and any confrontations are avoided

Mind you he nearly died laughing when my pants fell down in the middle of "New York City Boy" in the Kar Dor karaoke bar 2 weeks ago!

:occasion9:

lonelywombat
September 27th, 2010, 19:46

Not pushy and he's fond of a few whiskies so I take him around with me - he saves me twice what he costs in booze as some of the venues mentioned will try to charge 4000B for a bottle. After a few words from Day the price drops to 1500-2000 and any confrontations are avoided

Mind you he nearly died laughing when my pants fell down in the middle of "New York City Boy" in the Kar Dor karaoke bar 2 weeks ago!

:

most Thai boys do when they see your cock for the first time

September 27th, 2010, 19:58

:

most Thai boys do when they see your cock for the first time

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you NASTY queen!

:sign5:

Beachlover
September 27th, 2010, 20:01

:occasion9:
You sound like a hoot! LOL

stevehadders
October 2nd, 2010, 19:26
I completely endorse what has been said regarding Day. He is a great guy - and a real help to first timers....just keep the booze flowing

October 3rd, 2010, 05:56
Hmm i wanna try the massage parlours - male masseurs. Any of you has good recomendations? I found the list in a web gaypatong.com

Massage by male masseur.
Aquarius
Spartacus

Are there any experience with the above ?

http://www.bluedolphinphuket.com/

witchhunt
October 3rd, 2010, 07:00
For a newbie might I suggest forget looking around for hotels and just book club One Seven Gay owned, and can give you all the up to the minute advice and answer the dozens of questions you will have on your first visit to Thailand, including boys.

Club 1-7 welcomes your guests that stays overnight and it is great value to meet other gay tourists from around the world doing just what you are doing Similar to Twoguys in Pattaya. They serve Thai meals for boys and farang breakfasts

You will have read that tuk tuks are a racket. I used to walk to Paradise and motorbike taxi home. It was wet last visit so I used the motorbike taxis 50 metres from Club1-7 to go to Paradise. The gay beach is a bit long to walk on a hot day but worth the effort, or use motorbike,

Just a tip for before go go's open. The owner of Tangmo owns Newspaper in same soi and supplies an evening meal free for the boys.
In return some boys will try and get you to dine there. You have to eat and it is nice to meet go go boys off stage. Before and after work.

Make sure you take a boy off first night and be generous without being stupid. Boys talk and when you walk in next night , you will be identified as a good farang. Works wonders. If you find a boy you really like Fantasea and Simons cabarets are new to almost all boys, and your BS might have a good friend for you to take along. Threesomes are always possible if you are trusted.

BTW Thai boys seem to sleep all day.

Brad the Impala
October 3rd, 2010, 15:24
Just a tip for before go go's open. The owner of Tangmo owns Newspaper in same soi and supplies an evening meal free for the boys.
In return some boys will try and get you to dine there. You have to eat and it is nice to meet go go boys off stage. Before and after work.

I would be cautious about dining at Newspaper, the quality of their food and hygiene was the topic of much discussion. If you want to see for yourself trying going down the back alley at the back of the restaurant(which also runs from the back of Connect, past the back of Passport). This route into Paradise is also useful if you want a lower key entry into the complex, but want to hit a bar on the main gay drag.

October 3rd, 2010, 16:08
Hi,

Your replies are very interesting. I will go in Phuket in november. I booked a room in Connect guesthouse to be in the gay complex, it also seems to be close to the beach. I'm a big fan a tawan bodybuilders. I know it will not be possible to find bodybuilders in Phuket and taking one of them seems to be difficult as november is the preparation month of contests of december.
What are the bars or clubs were it is possible to meet muscled guys (athletic) ? How are the guys in massage parlours ? Maybe too skinny for me ?

Cheers

Brad the Impala
October 3rd, 2010, 16:20
Connect will be a better bet for eating too, and people watching while you do so as it's on the main drag. For the nearest type of guys to those that you are looking for My Way, Gogo and Show Bar would be the best option. It is only a 100yards from Connect(to the right)

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2010, 20:46
For a newbie might I suggest forget looking around for hotels and just book club One Seven Gay owned, and can give you all the up to the minute advice and answer the dozens of questions you will have on your first visit to Thailand, including boys.

Nah, personally, I'd rule out Club One Seven for their location alone. Miles from anywhere. Inconvenient. Right away from the centre on the Southern end of the beach and on a street far back from the beach.

It means you'll be walking a long way or rely on the rip off price fixing cartel of tuk tuks or motorbike taxis every time you want to go anywhere.

No reason to subject yourself to this when there are dozens of perfectly fine places near Paradise Complex at the centre of the beach and within 5-10 mins walk of the beach.

Club One Seven's Chiang Mai branch is badly located too (relatively long way from town). Disappointing, is it does look nice.

paulg
October 6th, 2010, 18:11

Nah, personally, I'd rule out Club One Seven for their location alone. Miles from anywhere. Inconvenient. Right away from the centre on the Southern end of the beach and on a street far back from the beach.

It means you'll be walking a long way or rely on the rip off price fixing cartel of tuk tuks or motorbike taxis every time you want to go anywhere.

No reason to subject yourself to this when there are dozens of perfectly fine places near Paradise Complex at the centre of the beach and within 5-10 mins walk of the beach.

Club One Seven's Chiang Mai branch is badly located too (relatively long way from town). Disappointing, is it does look nice.

I get the feeling beachlover are guessing and dont really know. Club 1-7 is shit hot and not a long walk. Tangmo is a good go go bar if you can keep Tangmo (her/himself) away from the mike. My Way is a good place more masculine boys, with an owner who loves to hog the limelight. Sometimes I cringe at what he does. Connect is extremely close but boys can give too much of a hassle, after bars close and they do not have an off.

Do not miss Connect boat trip to Phi Phi.

Beachlover
October 6th, 2010, 21:09
I get the feeling beachlover are guessing and dont really know. Club 1-7 is shit hot and not a long walk.

Care to substantiate that, paulg? You're completely wrong. I've been to Club 1-7. It's right down the far Southern end of Patong Beach, well away from the middle section where all the Paradise Complex gay venues, Bangla Street and Junceylon Centre are. At least a 1.5 km walk. It's almost half a kilometre from the beach too.

I'm sure it's lovely inside but it's got a crap location when you consider there are plenty of perfectly fine places in the middle where you have everything within a convenient 5-min walk.

Brad the Impala
October 6th, 2010, 22:11
Connect is extremely close but boys can give too much of a hassle, after bars close and they do not have an off.

Didn't understand the relationship between bar closing time and hassle for Connect guests. Connect restaurant/coffee shop always used to close long before the bars, so there wouldn't be any guys hanging around there particularly when the other bars and clubs close. Or has that changed?

Incidentally Beachlover is far from the first to mention negatively the distance from Club One Seven to Paradise.