PDA

View Full Version : Cucumber + Salt & Pepper + other Restaurants

lonelywombat
September 20th, 2010, 08:16
Friend who has been in Pattaya a few weeks now, mentioned he never sees me at dinner when I am in town. We compared notes and he eats at Salt and Pepper across from Mosaik where he stayed, Cucumber in South Road , S+P in Tukcom and Sizzlers. In fact he said he and his Thai bf eat in the buffet area of Tukcom quite often which is very inexpensive.

When he is by himself he favours the Irish Pub in Second road and the restaurants around the Movie theatre. I was surprised to hear that Brunos had closed, but I rarely go there except for a charity night

Some nights he and his bf go to Mignon ,Tuis and Rabbit or will walk along Jomtien away from the gay area and try different restaurants.

I had not realised I had formed dining habits associated with Sunee, Boystown or Jomtien and no where else. Time for a change.

September 20th, 2010, 08:25
Oh wow Bruno's has closed ? I honestly didn't know ,I couldn't afford it any way lol

Myself and BF just love Cucumber restaurant.

Oh guess what guys,I am banned from Gaybuttons forum as he is watching my IP adress and doesn't like Cdmatt who is not me .

September 20th, 2010, 09:34
Oh guess what guys,I am banned from Gaybuttons forum as he is watching my IP adress and doesn't like Cdmatt who is not me .

There appears always to be two sides to every story.

quiet1
September 20th, 2010, 10:06
Is there a buffet restaurant in Tukcom, or did you mean the food court?

Patexpat
September 20th, 2010, 10:34
Point of order: Bruno is NOT closed - the old premises are under renovation but they are still open in temporary premises in the next block down towards Jomtien. Not that I eat there!

lonelywombat
September 20th, 2010, 10:53
to quiet 1: yes probably the food court they described it as you buy a ticket and then select what you want.
on reflection somethng like Royal Garden?

To patexpat: they mentioned that from a baht-bus they saw it was closed. not sure if there was a notice.

I forgot they had a birthday celebration at a french restaurant down a soi on the way to Jomtien, before top of hill. They were very impressed. Do you know name please.

September 20th, 2010, 11:33
to quiet 1: yes probably the food court they described it as you buy a ticket and then select what you want.
on reflection somethng like Royal Garden?

To patexpat: they mentioned that from a baht-bus they saw it was closed. not sure if there was a notice.

I forgot they had a birthday celebration at a french restaurant down a soi on the way to Jomtien, before top of hill. They were very impressed. Do you know name please.

Cafe Des Amies

cdnmatt
September 20th, 2010, 13:45

heh, really? What a dick. Let me guess, you're in Seattle?

I should almost register a bunch of different accounts, using 30 different IP addresses from around the world, then talk to myself on his forums.

Patexpat
September 20th, 2010, 13:55

Sounds like it may be Cafe des Ami?

DCbob
September 20th, 2010, 21:30
Oh guess what guys,I am banned from Gaybuttons ...

So how many times are you go to say that you were banned in another forum? If I wanted to read Gaybuttons I would go there. And who are you anyway?

September 20th, 2010, 22:10

I should almost register a bunch of different accounts, using 30 different IP addresses from around the world, then talk to myself on his forums.

So many choices, such little time!

lonelywombat
September 21st, 2010, 20:20

Sounds like it may be Cafe des Ami?

Thanks for that I had 2 Pm's to confirm as well. One queried whether you can have a drink at S&P. I can buy beer there and also at the airport. I like S&P, because it is healthy food and my bf likes their Thai food. I like S&P in Silom but this is Pattaya.

Beachlover
September 21st, 2010, 20:43
Right... That makes perfect sense!

Why Seattle?

LOL... You can ask most posters for tips on that.

"Step 1 - Scoop out most of your brain, it's not needed... Step 2 - Drink until you're really pissed... "

cdnmatt
September 22nd, 2010, 01:02
Why Seattle?

Seattle is where one of our servers is located, which I setup a proxy on, and alot of times I surf via the proxy. Made sure it was off for this post though, in case one of the mods decide to check. :-) That's another reason GB thinks I'm fake, and don't actually live in Thailand.

Nah, it's just a pain sometimes having a Thailand IP address, so it's easier surfing with a Seattle IP address. You know, buy a domain name for $7, and you end up on the phone for 30 mins letting them know the transaction is ok, if you purchase with a Thai IP. Plus payment processors, bank account, etc... I don't want the hassle of any of that getting frozen because someone with a Thai IP has been logging in.

jvt22222
September 22nd, 2010, 07:26
Bruno's has moved back to their original location now that their renovations have been completed.

Wesley
September 22nd, 2010, 18:17
Oh My, what a cucumber could do for a poor gay boy, who can't afford fancy toys to play with . By the way is it illegal to carry such toys with you when you are traveling. I usually take my own special kind of Lube with me. Elboy grease works and never get dry. not awfully oily either and not sticky. You get int into anything if you have it. Virgins beware. Once three fingers are in its all over then.

Dboy
September 23rd, 2010, 03:06
I mostly go to Salt & Pepper (favorites are the Red Curry, Chicken/Basil, and the Tom Yum Gai). My second favorite would be Frame 64 (on Pattaya Tai, between TukCom and Friendship). I like Cucumber but prefer the more personalized service offered at Salt & Pepper and Frame.

Dboy

Beachlover
September 26th, 2010, 09:49
Why Seattle?

Seattle is where one of our servers is located, which I setup a proxy on, and alot of times I surf via the proxy. Made sure it was off for this post though, in case one of the mods decide to check. :-) That's another reason GB thinks I'm fake, and don't actually live in Thailand.

Nah, it's just a pain sometimes having a Thailand IP address, so it's easier surfing with a Seattle IP address. You know, buy a domain name for $7, and you end up on the phone for 30 mins letting them know the transaction is ok, if you purchase with a Thai IP. Plus payment processors, bank account, etc... I don't want the hassle of any of that getting frozen because someone with a Thai IP has been logging in.

Ah, fair enough. That makes sense. One of the minor downsides of doing business from dodgyville then LOL.