View Full Version : Cheap Advertising for Yaya?

krobbie
September 13th, 2010, 12:13
4 of the current 10 posts have been posted by MagicTwanger a blatant advertising stunt.

I must tell everyone with a gay business there is cheap advertising to be had on SGT.

lonelywombat
September 13th, 2010, 14:03
4 of the current 10 posts have been posted by MagicTwanger a blatant advertising stunt.

I must tell everyone with a gay business there is cheap advertising to be had on SGT.

Not forget when you finish your shrill bitching to include Tingtong who have advertised any gay venue can receive free promotions on his site. Yaya has been accepted on GB's board.

When you calm down please tell us what your problem is. BTW are you in Pattaya ATM?

zinzone
September 13th, 2010, 14:29

Agree with Krobbie. Not only is it an advertising stunt it is a nuisance.
We are not on this forum to have some 3rd rate cheap charlie no hopers boy beer bar constantly rammed into our faces.

thonglor55
September 13th, 2010, 15:15
We are not on this forum to have some 3rd rate cheap charlie no hopers boy beer bar constantly rammed into our faces.So no mention of any bar in Pattaya then?

September 13th, 2010, 16:41
No comment from the moderators then?

DCbob
September 13th, 2010, 17:21
MagicTwanger has only 7 posts. All 7 posts are about his new bar.
Advertising? You call the shot.

lonelywombat
September 13th, 2010, 17:50
No comment from the moderators then?

Why should there be . It is only obvious because all normal posts are in decline.
Almost every poster has grown tired of the bullying and shit being thrown by the usual subjects and have deserted this board, as posters.

If you look at GB's board the posts are very much from a small handful of posters that are posting 6/8 posts every day in each name.

LMTU has gone with his many names. There are still the forum destroyers here that think their wit is priceless, that are still posting. That is why Yaya's post are obvious.

kanom
September 13th, 2010, 19:02
I have no connection or have ever been to Yaya and don't see what the problem is. It is clear in the title the subject is Yaya Bar. If you are not interested, then don't open it.
As things are now, any advertising and promotion is a must for any business if they have any chance of survival. Brave(?) to open a new venture in Pattaya if you ask me! I have been in Pattaya for years and one of the things that annoy me is a report on something that has passed and was not known to have even been planned!
Hum :bee: ly, yours

elephantspike
September 13th, 2010, 19:34
I agree. I encourage people to mention any relevant businesses of interest in Thailand they may run or just want to let us know about. Please do not flood the board with redundant posts about the same business. Not only is it annoying to readers and rude to me, it is most likely going to be counter productive. If you want to purchase a banner ad, please contact me via PM.

Thanks.

September 13th, 2010, 20:09
Yes I agree Ya Ya is doing all he can to give customers what they want, at least the customers should give Ya Ya all then backing they can or do you want a dessert in Sunee Plaza. I have been told it is already a shadow of its former self.

I donтАЩt know about you, but even I can remember when Pattaya Report use to actually report on the goings on around Pattaya, as if they had a roving reporter, well they did at one time, sunny of suneeplaza, now its only a bunch of advertizing slogans, shame really, so much going on in an around boyztown/sunee/and the Complex , many guys would love to be updated on, but nothing, whatтАЩs happened to all the updates that some guys use to spoil us with. Has everyone got lazy?

September 13th, 2010, 20:19
I wonder who Dorothy is?

firecat69
September 13th, 2010, 20:48
Agree with the post that if you don't want to read about YaYa be smart enough not to open it.

I for one welcome a business that wants my business. They have a great website and keep it up to date. I wish them all the success and when I see a post on YaYa , you can bet I will open it quick.

bao-bao
September 13th, 2010, 21:00
The occasional plug by a bar owner for a special event isn't all that much of an imposition. However, although "Sex at my house" is a catchy post title it's not an honest post - it's an ad. For most members who aren't even IN Thailand it's not all that relevant.

Granted, I use a signature that links to my blog, but it's a blog about Thailand and there IS no advertising, AdSense or anything revenue generating associated with it - and I only mention it in a thread post if there's something I truly feel may interest members of a board.

Oogie allowing anyone who wished to submit a small banner ad for free posting isn't a bad thing, IMHO - it helps the businesses during a low spot and it may help drive traffic on his multiple sites there - which is what makes the money on a commercial site. Advertising masquerading as a thread post is irritating, though.

They should consider buying advertising space from Spike. I can ignore their seizure-inducing flashing ads as well as I can the others.

Brad the Impala
September 13th, 2010, 22:00
I wonder who Dorothy is?

Tricky one isn't it. Give the concern about a "dessert" in Sunee, perhaps he's a Spotted Dick.

September 13th, 2010, 22:09
Tricky one isn't it. Give the concern about a "dessert" in Sunee, perhaps he's a Spotted Dick.

More like he's the well known illiterate poster who likes Spotted Dick in public toilets.......

Beachlover
September 13th, 2010, 22:46
I encourage people to mention any relevant businesses of interest in Thailand they may run or just want to let us know about... Please do not flood the board with redundant posts about the same business.

I agree - That sounds about right.

MagicTwanger has started FOUR NEW THREADS in three days on Yaya Bar

A post every now and then is ok. But 4 new threads in 3 days? That's goes over the line... bad form.

You also have to consider some members don't care about Sunee or Pattaya venues at all. I think a max of one new thread a week and 2-3 posts is ok for a business to keep members abreast of its activities.

Beachlover
September 13th, 2010, 22:51
don't see what the problem is. It is clear in the title the subject is Yaya Bar. If you are not interested, then don't open it.

Well, not really. Two of the thread titles have been, "Coming soon" and "Sex at my house?".

Pretty ambiguous.

Patexpat
September 13th, 2010, 22:56
For once I agree with BL ... one, may be two informative posts a MONTH wouldn't irritate but would keep people informed. As it is I'm LESS likely to visit this bar due to (in my opinion) excessive misleading threads.

Beachlover
September 13th, 2010, 23:11
I wonder who Dorothy is?

let me tell u

i don't believe it

seen and heard

jenny

prince charming

bottoms up

jenny2

just a moment

retard

moron

lowlife

con man

criminal

jinks
September 13th, 2010, 23:28
I wonder who Dorothy WAS ?

let me tell u [x]

i don't believe it [x]

seen and heard

jenny

prince charming [x]

bottoms up [x]

jenny2

just a moment [x]

retard

moron

lowlife

con man

criminal

September 13th, 2010, 23:30
Wow jinks you must have the fastest finger in the west, well done.....

jinks
September 13th, 2010, 23:34
Even faster if I am in Thailand and in the same time zone.

From home, I have to wait until all the expats in Thailand have gone to bed.

34 days and counting ! HEY I might find my old (boring according to Smiles) animations for the next countdown.

krobbie
September 14th, 2010, 02:22

Not forget when you finish your shrill bitching to include Tingtong who have advertised any gay venue can receive free promotions on his site. Yaya has been accepted on GB's board.

When you calm down please tell us what your problem is. BTW are you in Pattaya ATM?

Loney, I think you were a bit quick on the overstatement. All I did was make an observation which you called "shirll bitching". In the 3 yerars I have been on SGT I wouldn't say I have ever been involved in "shrill bitching" and/or attacks on others. Pull your head in.

The "problem is" as a paid up member of SGT forum (the word forum might give the show away), that advertising is purchased and information on any bar usually comes from one of the members or mods. as to what is going on. Not a blatant advertisement at the owners whim. I think on reading the rest of the posts Lonely, you will have gauged that I am not alone in this thought.

I am not in Pattaya as it happens or even in Thailand (until December). I am not likely to be in Pattaya (but for one night only) on my next trip. I don't really see the relevance of the question.

krobbie

thonglor55
September 14th, 2010, 02:31
do you want a dessert in Sunee PlazaBanana Split?

firecat69
September 14th, 2010, 03:06
For once I agree with BL ... one, may be two informative posts a MONTH wouldn't irritate but would keep people informed. As it is I'm LESS likely to visit this bar due to (in my opinion) excessive misleading threads.

Unbelievable!!! With all the stupid bitch threads of personal attacks on this forum, you would be less likely to visit a Bar who wants your business. One that can create a website and keep it current. One that has specials every week and by the way actually puts booze in the drinks..

You don't have to worry about the forum being overwhelmed by businesses posting. The owners of the Bars in Pattaya have proved themselves too stupid to actually do something to bring in business. That is why there are so many closed up or about to close.

YaYa deserves support because they ask for it and are willing to give you a good product. They will get my support and I think they will get most of the posters here who actually go out and spend money to support the Bars!!!

Beachlover
September 14th, 2010, 03:13
Firecat... You don't think FOUR NEW THREADS in THREE DAYS purely for the purposes of advertising is excessive?

The threads are fine. But perhaps space them out to one a week.

firecat69
September 14th, 2010, 04:48
First I don't know who Twanger is. Maybe just a fan of the Bar. Ya has used his own name on most posts at other Boards.

Under the assumption that it is actually the owner or manager of the Bar I would suggest that all that information could have been conveyed in 1 or 2 posts.

But I would still rather have the posts rather then no interest at all like all the other Bars In Sunee or Boystown.

Diec
September 14th, 2010, 06:24
Posting your business so much on this board (to me) seems rather futile since over 90% of the posters and readers of this board are not even in Thailand, much less Pattaya. I applaud the effort, however I really don't think it will drum up business. Posting an event and then later touting the success (or not) of it can be interesting, and could get you next time the I can't miss another popular event, or the sympathy, I really want to help this place out vote.

bigben
September 14th, 2010, 09:16
My God here we go again with another verbal diarrhea session about gay businesses and what is over the top advertising.

Yes, flooding the board with little promotions is not only annoyingтАжItтАЩs very fucking annoying.

No, just тАЬskipping over the threadтАЭ doesnтАЩt cut it. :snorting:

Just like watching commercial Television years ago, every 10 minutes of a program you automatically get 3 minutes of commercials. Sure, I can just turn down the volume so I donтАЩt have to listen to unwanted crap, but I donтАЩt want to do that.

So what happens?

People get annoyed enough that other types of media are developed, i.e. cable television and soon after CDтАЩs and DVDтАЩs are developed as an alternative.

Another poor analogy is listening to the radio in your car years ago. One or two songs followed by unwanted boring commercials.

What happens?

4 track tapes are developed and one can listen to their choice of media without being hammered by unwanted hype via commercials.

Oh my !!! Did he just say 4 track tapes?

Yes, Virginia, I said 4 track tapes. :lam:

Not long ago there was a hot dog or hamburger business in the Day & Night area that used to use this board to promote their business.

Day after day, week after week this idiot (not implying that Ya is an idiot) but this hamburger stand guy would post numerous times about his promotions and how good his products were on this board.

He was riddled with complaints about his posting behavior and about his product not being anywhere near as good as he suggested. :violent1:

He didnтАЩt listen. :lam:

He went belly up within a year and closed if I recall correctly.

Was it because of his constant flooding the board with his boring promotions or was it his poor product?

That I do not know. :dontknow: :dontknow:

This time I agree with ES.

If you want to advertise your business, pay a few bucks and make a proper ad on the board. That way all of those who love reading about drink specials or whatever can click the banner and read all about it 10 times a day.

Now some of you are thinkingтАж..damn, I just wasted a minute reading something (this post) I have no interest in.

That is the point. When commercials are interspersed within normal??? NORMAL??? Posts, it is hard to ignore them.

Same Same but different as they say. :hello2:

Reason for edit: A senior moment :hiding:

Smiles
September 14th, 2010, 09:48
Even faster if I am in Thailand and in the same time zone. From home, I have to wait until all the expats in Thailand have gone to bed.
34 days and counting ! HEY I might find my old (boring according to Smiles) animations for the next countdown.
See you on some balcony (you juggling/swilling 7 or 8 Gin & Tonics, 4 boys, and 5 goddamn animations simultaneously) in Jomtien on Sept 25-26. Balcony of your choice ... with big handrails please: I'm sick to death with continually picking you up.
Gossip about The Venue allowed. Encouraged actually.

quiet1
September 14th, 2010, 10:14
First I don't know who Twanger is. Maybe just a fan of the Bar. Ya has used his own name on most posts at other Boards.

Under the assumption that it is actually the owner or manager of the Bar I would suggest that all that information could have been conveyed in 1 or 2 posts.
Actually, I will commend Yaya (Ya, the owner, or manager?) for realizing that our (admittedly histrionic at times) criticism of automatic web site music may have been valid criticism.

Perhaps the same individual(s) will see that they've been overly zealous in "advertising" and will back off a bit? Let's wait and see.

foodforthought
September 14th, 2010, 11:21
Go for it so its free advertising FORUM a place to talk and discus things of interested to us.
Useful information better than the gossip that happens on the forums.

keep on gasing about it and keep his name at the top of the board :headbang:

Beachlover
September 14th, 2010, 17:56
I wonder who Dorothy WAS ?

LOL... That was quick!

Beachlover
September 14th, 2010, 17:59

But I would still rather have the posts rather then no interest at all like all the other Bars In Sunee or Boystown.

Well, that's a good point. It might not be the Yaya Bar owner (whoever that is) himself.

Yes, conveying it in 1-2 posts is what I was getting at. I think it's ok to post the occasional event or special here (if all the bars did it you would need to change the policy though)... but 4 in 3 days is just too much.

lonelywombat
September 14th, 2010, 18:12

Well, that's a good point. It might not be the Yaya Bar owner (whoever that is) himself.

Yes, conveying it in 1-2 posts is what I was getting at. I think it's ok to post the occasional event or special here (if all the bars did it you would need to change the policy though)... but 4 in 3 days is just too much.

Are you not being just a little too cute. At a guess you are posting between 150 and 200 posts per week to the 4 gay thai forums. have you ever heard of the occasional post
For fucks sake who are you to complain about one poster posting 4 posts in 3 days

Beachlover
September 14th, 2010, 18:47
Different context, Lonely. We're talking about advertising for a business here.

Beachlover
September 14th, 2010, 18:49

Loney, I think you were a bit quick on the overstatement. All I did was make an observation which you called "shirll bitching". In the 3 yerars I have been on SGT I wouldn't say I have ever been involved in "shrill bitching" and/or attacks on others. Pull your head in.

Very true... Krobbie's always been very level headed and civil, even here.

Koh Samui Luv
September 14th, 2010, 18:53

Are you not being just a little too cute. At a guess you are posting between 150 and 200 posts per week to the 4 gay thai forums. have you ever heard of the occasional post
For fucks sake who are you to complain about one poster posting 4 posts in 3 days

Spot on Lonely Wombat!
On top of that Yaya has some yum-yum staff to delight us, thus:
[attachment=0:1mkaxv06]Yaya yum-yum Ton.jpg[/attachment:1mkaxv06]

Brad the Impala
September 14th, 2010, 19:12
[attachment=0:1f2cx4gs]Yaya yum-yum Ton.jpg[/attachment:1f2cx4gs]

This guy reminds me of Eraserhead.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/alcibiades/henry_eraserhead.jpg

Koh Samui Luv
September 14th, 2010, 19:28
[quote="Koh Samui Luv":3cvv8t8c]

This guy reminds me of Eraserhead.
[/quote:3cvv8t8c]

A quick haircut will fix that!
[attachment=0:3cvv8t8c]Yaya yum-yum haircut.jpg[/attachment:3cvv8t8c]

krobbie
September 15th, 2010, 02:04
Looks like it was another slow day in The Alice. Nice photoshop work KSL.

krobbie

joe552
September 15th, 2010, 02:53
The Alice? The Alice? Who the f*** is the Alice?

francois
September 15th, 2010, 05:23
The Alice? The Alice? Who the f*** is the Alice?

Alice Spring, mate. (Australia)

Brad the Impala
September 15th, 2010, 05:37
You can get anything you want in Alice's Restaurant, excepting Alice.

Beachlover
September 15th, 2010, 06:54
Crikey.... I just don't get gay people wanting to live in places like Manangatang (population <500) or Alice Springs.

Surely these places must be completely devoid of cute, eligible boys or any sort of gay nightlife right? Just straight white people.

andrewcraig
September 15th, 2010, 07:57
Crikey.... I just don't get gay people wanting to live in places like Manangatang (population <500) or Alice Springs.

Surely these places must be completely devoid of cute, eligible boys or any sort of gay nightlife right? Just straight white people.

Manangatang is right in the middle of the wheat belt and few live in the towns. Our local picnic race day is coming soon. You should think about coming
http://www.countryracing.com.au/clubs/m ... g_cup.aspx (http://www.countryracing.com.au/clubs/manangatang/date/20101009/events/grainassist_manangatang_cup.aspx)

But who are you to put shit on those who dont live in the city.What life do you have. I have just come from GB and before that GT. You have posted 900 posts in 6 weeks on top of your many posts here and GTT. Where are all the cute boys in your life? On screen.
You are an expert on Thailand but said you have been to Sunnee once and to a gogo once.
We do have asians and we do have blacks and they are all hard working and honest.

Diec
September 15th, 2010, 13:27

Beachbore is the kindest of all trolls.

Beachlover
September 15th, 2010, 18:54
Our local picnic race day is coming soon. You should think about coming

Oh christ... not in your life!

You are an expert on Thailand but said you have been to Sunnee once and to a gogo once.

Right! So Sunee Plaza represents Thailand right?

andrewcraig
September 16th, 2010, 07:43
Our local picnic race day is coming soon. You should think about coming

Oh christ... not in your life!

Right! So Sunee Plaza represents Thailand right?

You are quite active in threads on Sunee and Pattaya , yet have little to say on anywhere else.You confuse Jomtien beach with the complex. I doubt if you have even been there. In fact I doubt if you have been to Pattaya.
When are you going to tell us about your personal experiences in Thailand.You have said you post while listening to music, watching tv and drinking beer. Not all at the same time , I hope. You just have too much to say about other people.

Beachlover
September 16th, 2010, 20:37
In fact I doubt if you have been to Pattaya.
We've been over this. I've been to Pattaya multiple times. Sunee once.

You have said you post while listening to music, watching tv and drinking beer. Not all at the same time , I hope.
Yep... at the same time (watching the film, Beneath Hill 60 now... it's about country folk). Except, unlike some people, I'm still able to be coherent.

When are you going to tell us about your personal experiences in Thailand.
I have... plenty of times on this and other boards. I don't do long formal trip reports but have posted lots of descriptions and little reports of my experiences.

Ironically, I've never seen a trip report or any stories of your experiences, andrew. You seem to do nothing but bitch here... What's with that?