PDA

View Full Version : The Venue

allieb
September 6th, 2010, 23:19
Word is going around Pattaya that the Venue is closing. Went and took a peek Sunday and saw just 22 people in there at showtime. I have heard it's closing from several Pattaya residents.

markie1
September 7th, 2010, 03:01
well i hope it is just hear say and the Venue is not closing down ,its a great venue for Jomtien ,and attracts a good croud, the guys have done a graet job with it ,and lets hope it stays alive ,i know times are hard ,but this place decerves to stay .

jolyjacktar
September 7th, 2010, 05:59
Well allieb did you go in and ask everone to raise their hands so you could count them. I actualy went sunday and counted 23 people including me, so you missed me on your count. Perhaps it was when i was under the table giving the waiter a blow job.
:hello1: coo ee here i am Allieb

Beachlover
September 7th, 2010, 07:44
It's been open less than a year right?

andrewcraig
September 7th, 2010, 08:45
Sunday has always been a quiet night. The show is reduced starts later and Ray does not appear.
Was there 2 weeks ago on sunday night same size crowd.After all it is low season.

blazer
September 7th, 2010, 08:59
Venue has a very nice show 6 nights a week. The showroom was filled most nights when there in February.

Would be surprised at closing being that it is a relatively new facility.

allieb
September 7th, 2010, 09:36
Well allieb did you go in and ask everone to raise their hands so you could count them. I actualy went sunday and counted 23 people including me, so you missed me on your count. Perhaps it was when i was under the table giving the waiter a blow job.
:hello1: coo ee here i am Allieb

23 is right if I counted myself. I came after the show had started I enjoyed the show and I also would be sad if what I have heard is true. What I am saying is that all the expats I have spoken to since I have been here say its closing. The show must cost a fortune to put on and drinks are only 130 Baht. They are not covering their costs

Patexpat
September 7th, 2010, 10:03
THIS THREAD IS ABSOLUTE CODSWALLOP.

The Venue is NOT closing. Yes it's low season but The Venue has more financial resources than many many other businesses here. This thread is just malicious gossip. In fact Ray and Darrel are in Bangkok purchasing new costumes even as you lot spout this rubbish!

krobbie
September 7th, 2010, 12:35
I guess that answers allieb's query. :nud:

September 7th, 2010, 14:28
I guess that answers allieb's query. :nud:

LOL

September 7th, 2010, 16:04
... Ray and Darrel are in Bangkok purchasing new costumes..!

What have their private sex games got to do with the topic?

How indiscreet!

:occasion9:

Beachlover
September 8th, 2010, 12:52
allieb... Who was telling you it was going to close? Did they explain why?

allieb
September 8th, 2010, 17:05

Almost everybody I told I had been there and enjojed my night. They all say that it doesn't generate enough to cover expenses. One group of queens I spoke to on the beach said that they spent 100,000 dollars on costumes last year.

I'm a visitor to Thailand and wish The Venue all the best it's a good night out so lets hope it is just gossip.

September 8th, 2010, 17:11

Almost everybody I told I had been there and enjojed my night. They all say that it doesn't generate enough to cover expenses. One group of queens I spoke to on the beach said that they spent 100,000 dollars on costumes last year.

I'm a visitor to Thailand and wish The Venue all the best it's a good night out so lets hope it is just gossip.

Old Queens and gossip go hand in hand. Personally I think the venue is camp as tits but I do wish them success considering their investment.
I wonder why Beachlover is so interested in such a localised story with his oh so dynamic lifestyle :rolling:

Patexpat
September 8th, 2010, 23:10

May be my post wasn't clear enough.

It IS just gossip, and THAT, my friend, is the only pertinent fact.

blueboy
September 9th, 2010, 07:43
There must be some very vicious and jealous queens out there spreading such rumors about The Venue.
Of course most are struggling to get 23 customers amongst other showbars on a good night!

Venue is a great little place with a generally entertaining show, and is the only happenin' place in Jomtien Complex.

Beachlover
September 9th, 2010, 08:32

Oh... well that's just speculative predictions based on their obervations of the business... not on any specific statements or rumours.

September 9th, 2010, 14:45

Oh... well that's just speculative predictions based on their obervations of the business... not on any specific statements or rumours.

Are you really interested? why?

giggsy
September 9th, 2010, 19:37
Looks like Beachlover has got a stalker. Did he follow you from Gaythailand board I wonder ?

Beachlover
September 9th, 2010, 19:45
Damn it giggsy. What is your handle over there?! LOL

giggsy
September 9th, 2010, 19:52
I'm not a member over there. I just read it occasionally. SGT seems to get a lot of stick from the other boards but the one I find the most vitriolic is Bahtstop. There are some saddo's over there. :boxing:

Beachlover
September 9th, 2010, 20:00
Ah right... fair enough.

Yeah, Baht Stop sure gets catty. Even GB himself lays into them there!

September 11th, 2010, 01:03
There must be some very vicious and jealous queens out there spreading such rumors about The Venue.
Of course most are struggling to get 23 customers amongst other showbars on a good night!

Where did the story start?
... what other gay bar area with shows in their over-priced bars now struggle to get such numbers in for their lackluster shows?
My money is on this story starting in an area that Pattaya residents hardly ever go to any more and the tourist visitors are way down because they know about cheaper and more entertaining gay places.
If this bitchy area was to half its drink prices and get some boys in their bars that would perform in bed then there might be a chance for it to compete without having to resort to dirty tricks.

allieb
September 12th, 2010, 10:51
I went back to the Venue last night (Saturday) about 100 customers the show had just started. It was a great show as good as any you would see in Las Vegas. I realy wish them well and hope that the gossip I heard was just bitchy queens. which I have discovered Pattaya is more than full of. One thing I found in the Venue was that at showtime about 30 cheapskates arrived to watch the show and nursed one drink throughout.

Brad the Impala
September 13th, 2010, 01:06
I went back to the Venue last night (Saturday) about 100 customers the show had just started. It was a great show as good as any you would see in Las Vegas.

When were you last in Las Vegas? You think if these performers could get a job there, they would really prefer to be performing in Pattaya?

You're sounding about as credible a critic as the cretin who claimed to have cancer.

allieb
September 13th, 2010, 08:46
I went back to the Venue last night (Saturday) about 100 customers the show had just started. It was a great show as good as any you would see in Las Vegas.

When were you last in Las Vegas? You think if these performers could get a job there, they would really prefer to be performing in Pattaya?

You're sounding about as credible a critic as the cretin who claimed to have cancer.

If they could get into USA in the first place, then yes some of them would stand a chance. In my opion Las Vegas is the venue on a much bigger scale. The Thai Lady boys at the Venue perfore every bit as good as the plastic faced Amerian Drag Queens in Vegas.

Up2U
September 13th, 2010, 09:28
Allieb, I'm sure Las Vegas executives, producers and choreographers have all come to Pattaya to visit the Tiffany, BBB, Copa and of course your favorite, the Venue, to get the inside scoop. These Pattaya icons have raised the bar so I high that Las Vegas can only hope to emulate them.

September 14th, 2010, 00:47
Las Vegas! do me a favour! when were you last there, Alliab? I can only assume when it was still a desert! you couldn't compare the venue show to Tiffany's or Alcazar, and they are not exactly the "cream of the crop" in the comparrison stakes, try places like WWB, Copa, BBB, Wonderland. I was there last Monday, and there were 17 people watching the show, none of whom purchased a 2nd drink (except us) I appreciate they are well financed, but if a business is not profitable, then how long are you willing to subsidise it? you do not have to be an Accountant to work out how expensive a venture like that is to run, and with limited customers, and at 130 baht a drink, you would need to sell at least 80/100 drinks a night, and they have no go-go boys, so all of their income is from drinks alone. But i am sure they will survive. A friend told me he had seen an advert in some business sales website ( i wish i could remember the name) which sounded very much like the venue, so maybe they would like to sell it, which is rather different from shutting it down.
And finally, in another post on this subject, why would any business in Boyz Town (to which he was refering) be interested in starting the rumour in the first place. There seems to be a rather unhealthy vendetta against business's in that Soi, if you don't like the bars there, don't go! rather than just post bitchy comments about the bars, shows etc.. when clearly, none of you have been there, and as for farang living in pattaya not patronising their establishments, do you think they give a s**t! i like the place, and i have just come back from there tonight, i went to Funny Boys, (cute boys, lots of them,) a (very) quick one in Cafe Royale, do not like the new look! and then to the show in Copa, which was nearly full, mostly with asian's, looked like a tour group, but a very enjoyable show, and i do not think 170 baht is expensive for a bar like that, go to Soi 1, and you pay the same, and sometimes more, just for a go-go. Try Soi Twighlight in Bkk, 250 baht for a coke/water/beer to watch some boring fuck show. So, all of you Boyz Town haters, please get a life! and stop trying to create annimosity between them and the bars in Jomtien, it won't work, on many occasions i have seen Ray & Darrell in Boyz Town, and the owners of Copa/Oscars/BBB in Jomtien.