PDA

View Full Version : Truckers raise prices nationwide - inflation here we come

wowpow
April 25th, 2006, 04:06
"Private operators of land transport services on Monday agreed to raise service charges for all goods transport across the country by 10-20 per cent, taking immediate effect, due to continuing diesel price rises.

The service charge hike was announced after a meeting of members of the Federation of Land Transport, comprising of five major land transport organizations nationwide. The private operators also called for the government's assistance to ease their hardship caused by the continued diesel price hike, threatening that unless the government comes up with short-term measures within seven days as demanded, they would halt their services by 50 per cent.

This means that about 40,000-50,000 trucks out of a total of around 100,000 will suspend their services.

The demands include measures to ensure sufficient supply of diesel for the transport operators nationwide and to help curb the price of diesel. The private operators also urged the government to come up with long-term measures to assist them, including financial support to convert their truck engines from diesel-based to natural gas for vehicles (NGV) based ones. - (TNA)

I lifted this from The Bangkok Post's Breaking News and was surprised to see that they got it from The Nation!

Soaring oil prices are about to be passed to the consumer. Delivery charges effect almost everything.

April 25th, 2006, 12:38
I can still 'truck' my bar tricks to my condo on foot. No extra cost.