PDA

View Full Version : Monty returns in Dec---Return to the poolbar???

lonelywombat
September 4th, 2010, 09:12
On GB board Monty has indicated he is planning to return and several posters are making suggestions he opens a bar in or near Sunee, even taking over memories.
In email Monty has indicated he wishes to travel with a friend in December to see more of Thailand and he will not be rushing into anything soon.

However there are two expensive white elephants in Sunee, his old pool with bar and the Don Plaza Hotel and terrace Bar that should consider using Montys expertise as mine host to breathe some life into their flagging investments.

Monty will need somewhere to sleep and both businesses can provide that and his meals.
He would not knock back a drink card[ hehehe] but an offer to be able to establish a presence in Sunee, where he can attract those who regularily visited his various bars before and enjoyed his company. He is not allowed to work without a permit. Maybe a percentage of the increase in takings would be a good investment by either of the owners. As well it would be profitable for Monty, who would not have to invest anything except his time.

First the pool. it looks great. Whenever I pass I glance in and see only one or two at the bar which is probably the barman and a friend. I did see someone swimming there last week but maybe later in the year more will come. There is no kitchen all that is gone. But I am sure that if Monty did take up an offer it would be easy to arrange to order meals by phone to Don Plaza with their staff delivering. The pool to take a commission same as the beach concessions do. I have enjoyed Montys show poolside and probably they will never return but maybe a deal with the owners of Wonderland for a nightly show would be good for both places. Wonderland might do it for free for the advertising.

Don Plaza Hotel always seems to be empty. I never see any light in their upper floors.They have a formal dining setup inside and casual dining on the terrace. Seating for 40+. I remember the crowds Monty used to get for his roast and Xmas dinners. The kitchen is wasted and a promoter like Monty could give the whole hotel a new life. Not cooking but promoting and arranging.

I was not going to mention this but the space inside with the tinted windows lends itself for an occasional cabaret show that Monty seems to favour.

There seems to be two outside bars on the terrace one close to Memories and the other next to Corner Bar. I am not sure if both belong to the hotel. Don Plaza also have a host bar
next to the pool and any new traffic to this soi must have some flow on effect. Knowing Monty some of those boys might be enticed over the road to be introduced to his guests.

The owners of both the Pool and Don Plaza would appear to have nothing to lose, but as they seem content to leave the businesses just sit there losing money, may want to continue to do that.

Whatever I am convinced that the return of Monty to Sunee would have a positive impact on Sunee Plaza and hopefully sooner than later.

bing
September 4th, 2010, 10:09
Lonley-- good observations-- all we need to do is polish up the old zebra and we will be ready to go.

Beachlover
September 4th, 2010, 12:43
There's been some speculation that the "monty" posting on GayButtonThai is actually a troll... LMTU or Andyinoz, impersonating him.

Any basis to this? I notice the topics, theme and style of "monty's" posts are very similar to Andyinoz/BadBoyBilly's posts (he is/was posting as "Gertrude" and "starofdavid" there).

giggsy
September 4th, 2010, 13:02
The thing we want to know is who was you slagging off in PM's on gaythailand board. We are all friends together here, come on you can post the PM here...no-one will stop you.

lonelywombat
September 4th, 2010, 13:20
There's been some speculation that the "monty" posting on GayButtonThai is actually a troll... LMTU or Andyinoz, impersonating him.

Any basis to this? I notice the topics, theme and style of "monty's" posts are very similar to Andyinoz/BadBoyBilly's posts (he is/was posting as "Gertrude" and "starofdavid" there).

I wondered about whether Monty was actually posting as he was unable to read his emails 2 years ago and had a staff member read and post for him.

I have had several emails from his private address not PM's and they seem authentic.
You seem obsessed with andyinoz and Badboybilly. I dont think Montys posts are remotely like BBB.

Beachlover
September 4th, 2010, 13:57
The thing we want to know is who was you slagging off in PM's on gaythailand board. We are all friends together here, come on you can post the PM here...no-one will stop you.

What's your handle on GT, giggsy? LOL.

Well the PM was sent on another board (not on GT). And it wasn't slagging off - just offering some relevant facts. It was the poster formerly known here as hereforme, bornagain, undaunted and gogordongo.

Beachlover
September 4th, 2010, 14:01

I wondered about whether Monty was actually posting as he was unable to read his emails 2 years ago and had a staff member read and post for him.

I have had several emails from his private address not PM's and they seem authentic.
You seem obsessed with andyinoz and Badboybilly. I dont think Montys posts are remotely like BBB.

The early ones raised no suspicion for me, but some of the latter ones do. I didn't pick up on it until someone else PM'd their suspicions to me. Style of writing and themes have a lot of similarities to Andyinoz.

Anyway, it's too early on to call it so I'm just putting it out there as a possibility. Let's see what happens.

lonelywombat
September 4th, 2010, 14:13
First the pool. it looks great. Whenever I pass I glance in and see only one or two at the bar which is probably the barman and a friend. I did see someone swimming there last week but maybe later in the year more will come. There is no kitchen all that is gone. But I am sure that if Monty did take up an offer it would be easy to arrange to order meals by phone to Don Plaza with their staff delivering. The pool to take a commission same as the beach concessions do. I have enjoyed Montys show poolside and probably they will never return but maybe a deal with the owners of Wonderland for a nightly show would be good for both places. Wonderland might do it for free for the advertising.

I had a PM asking what differences had been made to the pool. Here is the only pic I have in my files. I thought I had more.
[attachment=0:17wyz32p]Pool March 20 2010.jpg[/attachment:17wyz32p]

jinks
September 4th, 2010, 16:31
PGF fund raiser.
As it was in 2004 (http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/gallery/montys_pool_bar_2004.htm)

bigben
September 5th, 2010, 16:49
Thanks Mr. jinks for those photos.

Looking at them I realized some of us had more fun there than all the other places combined.

Dear Monty is a showman...that is for sure. :alc: :occasion9:

And then all of a sudden that song popped in my mind...

"Those Were The Days My Friend.....

"Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And think of all the great things we would DO
Chorus:

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way
La la la la la la
La la la la la la"

September 5th, 2010, 17:39
...all of a sudden that song popped in my mind..."Those Were The Days My Friend.....

Do you not think we have enough Marys in here already without you bringing Miss Hopkin into it??

:laughing3: :laughing3:

krobbie
September 6th, 2010, 02:34
...all of a sudden that song popped in my mind..."Those Were The Days My Friend.....

Do you not think we have enough Marys in here already without you bringing Miss Hopkin into it??

:laughing3: :laughing3:

Now that is funny. Good one sg.

krobbie

lonelywombat
September 7th, 2010, 19:28
Travelerjim has posted more pics of the pool
gay-thailand-f9/marina-inn-pool-bar-formerly-monty-open-t20101.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/marina-inn-pool-bar-formerly-monty-open-t20101.html)

lonelywombat
September 15th, 2010, 12:42
Lonley-- good observations-- all we need to do is polish up the old zebra and we will be ready to go.

I found this Bing. Is it what you were referring to